SD

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Re: SD

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 pm
Teams that play good football don't fight relegation. The only time I have seen villa play well this season was at the Turf against a very poor Burnley side

Villa look exactly what they are a side thrown together and heading back to the Championship where they deserve to be
Agree every time I’ve seen them they are bloody awful not sure about the supposed good football they play. Worst defeat of the season on New Years Day alongside the away day at Sheffield United.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 pm
The only time I have seen villa play well this season was at the Turf against a very poor Burnley side
And then only for half a game. We should have turned it round in the second half
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:58 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 am
Well, I do agree re: Cantwell. He looks like he’ll go right to the top. My point about him was more that our wage structure would provide him with a very good pay rise.

Brooks is from the North West, could want to return to his roots and live in the Footballer belt if Bournemouth go down.

Buendia was signed on a free (I think?) and his prior career had been one of loans from Getafe. You’d think in such circumstances he’d want to play for a team where he’d be guaranteed games.

West Ham may be relegated, but assuming they’re not, have the disadvantage of Moyes. I’d fancy Sean convincing a player to join him over Moyes. They also have a hefty wage bill as it stands, so I’d imagine they will have to reduce that before adding, given the lower revenue base next year. Leicester I agree on, but have a pretty decent midfielders already in Maddison, Ndidi and Barnes.

In general, I agree all the players mentioned could play at a ‘bigger’ club than Burnley, but not that they’re entirely unrealistic or unthinkable signings because, if I were one of those players, I’d look at the bigger picture. I’d look at it from the perspective of which club gives me the best chance to properly develop my career? I’d look at the ages of Westwood and Cork in terms of my liklihood to break in to and stay in the team, the quality of the manager, the stability of the club, the general team spirit/togetherness. If I could get those things and a very good pay rise to boot, which I’ve shown we could offer, I’d go for that over out-and-out highest salary. That does depend on them also being well advised, as Dwight seems to be.

European football would help too!
Think you might be making two big assumptions there, firstly that footballers look at more than their weekly wage level & secondly, that they will be well advised lol. Not every player has the advantage of 2 sensible & well-adjusted parents like Dwight, especially a father with football league experience :)

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 pm
And then only for half a game. We should have turned it round in the second half
We had about 20 shots in that game, should have won easily despite being pretty rubbish ourselves.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm
It’s a very strange set up at Burnley with both Rigg & Dyche reporting to the chairman. I’m not sure just how it works.
It'd be better management if Rigg & Dyche discussed things with their staff before taking a selection of targets to Garlick together. if they meet him separately there's always going to be a misunderstanding about what has been said.

You don't have a policy/sales meeting & only invite one policy maker/sales person at once otherwise you get people pulling in different directions.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 pm

rob63 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:15 pm
It'd be better management if Rigg & Dyche discussed things with their staff before taking a selection of targets to Garlick together. if they meet him separately there's always going to be a misunderstanding about what has been said.

You don't have a policy/sales meeting & only invite one policy maker/sales person at once otherwise you get people pulling in different directions.
I wouldn’t imagine it works like that, I just said that they both report to the chairman.

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:27 pm
Would be absolutely bizarre for Garlick to back Rigg over Dyche.
Depends. Perhaps Rigg is the one touting for younger players with a sale on value and Dyche sticking for end-of-the-career tried and trusted pros. IF that is the case MG is right to give more credence to Rigg, notwithstanding the great work done by SD over the past seven and a half years.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm

jtv wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 pm
Depends. Perhaps Rigg is the one touting for younger players with a sale on value and Dyche sticking for end-of-the-career tried and trusted pros. IF that is the case MG is right to give more credence to Rigg, notwithstanding the great work done by SD over the past seven and a half years.
Think I’d back the bloke who has given us two promotions, a title, top flight football and a European campaign over the bloke who has drifted round clubs supposedly advising on transfers.
These 3 users liked this post: JohnDearyMe Turfy Topper randomclaret2

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 pm
That one still annoys me. Think our players thought Grealish had been awarded Freedom of the Turf that day. He’s a great player, but we made him look like the second coming of Messi.

Should have salvaged at least a draw and maybe all three points second half though.

That and the last minute Wolves Pen still annoy me.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm
That one still annoys me. Think our players thought Grealish had been awarded Freedom of the Turf that day. He’s a great player, but we made him look like the second coming of Messi.

Should have salvaged at least a draw and maybe all three points second half though.

That and the last minute Wolves Pen still annoy me.
That pen is seriously annoying at Wolves because it should have been overturned

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:37 pm

rob63 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:58 pm
Think you might be making two big assumptions there, firstly that footballers look at more than their weekly wage level & secondly, that they will be well advised lol. Not every player has the advantage of 2 sensible & well-adjusted parents like Dwight, especially a father with football league experience :)
True. And to be honest, if any of those listed are the type of players that are only interested in their wage packet, I’d rather they not come here anyway. There are plenty of others. But I’d like to think some have enough common sense to balance their pay packet with their experience/development.

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm
Think I’d back the bloke who has given us two promotions, a title, top flight football and a European campaign over the bloke who has drifted round clubs supposedly advising on transfers.
Not if buying end-of-life players is draining the coffers fast. SD was very shrewd in buying assets like Pope, Taylor, Tarks who have a huge sell on value. It is players like these that we should be looking for. However the supply seems to have dried up and over the past couple of seasons only Brownhill seems to fit that mould. Gibson too but things turned sour with him. We do not know who SD wants and who MR wants. So it is very difficult to pick sides. On technical merit alone I would back SD absolutely but MG has to look at the financial angle as well. As Covid has shown us, we cannot have all our eggs in the TV revenue basket - any shortfall in that has to be made up from sales of assets, unless we get a benefactor/investor who can pump in money.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 am

Never understood the role of a Technical Director as it appears it is just a title for an undefined role.
The Chairman runs the club , the Manager runs the team and feeds into the Chairman , Head of Recruitment runs player recruitment and feeds into the Manager.
So what exactly is the role of a Technical Director ?

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 am

Andingle wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 am
Never understood the role of a Technical Director as it appears it is just a title for an undefined role.
The Chairman runs the club , the Manager runs the team and feeds into the Chairman , Head of Recruitment runs player recruitment and feeds into the Manager.
It's a role related to data analysis I believe. The technical part in the name comes from the responsibility of overseeing the entire recruitment process in terms of software, data analysis and scouting.

Previously the role would have just been Chief scout, but technology has changed a lot opening up a lot of different ways to assess candidates and compare them to our existing players data. Someone also has to decide at what point we consider the data good enough to actually properly scout a player.
This day an age there are even agencies that will approach the club with potential candidates with their own data, someone has to be able to determine whether they fit into what the manager is looking for in a player.

Head of recruitment is a role that oversees all recruitment not just players, but staff too including youth intakes.

Well that's how I've always seen it. I could be wrong.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 am

Rumours Villa about to sack their manager, could they approach us ? They can afford the compensation.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:28 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:14 am
I’ve always thought he’d go to a club on the continent. I think his methods would reap rewards just about anywhere, and I think success there would give him the experience to return to the U.K. at a big club.

I hope he stays with us because I think his project here has more success in store.
You seriously think he can improve on qualifying for Europe? Hope your right but hard to imagine

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:17 am
Rumours Villa about to sack their manager, could they approach us ? They can afford the compensation.
It’s a done deal... if you believe some of the people around here (I’m not in East Lancs btw)

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Post by Bertiebeehead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:24 pm

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm

The Ally article from Talksport is a week old news
Sean is too professional to throw the towel in, but for me this is a clear signal that if the right post came up, he would leave and its only a matter of time. Forget any contract extensions now unless a certain body leaves. Maybe one of the promoted teams, Palace or even Leicester in time will get him. We have been dam lucky to have held on to him-in his stage of his career he does not need all this penny pinching and politics. Hes kept us in the PL for 5 years if you count next year-a net spend averaging £9m each year is abolutely unbelievable. (What have Villa, Brighton and a few others spent ?)He now deserves better.Sadly the backroom staff will exit with him

Bertiebeehead

Post by Bertiebeehead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:49 pm
Sean is too professional to throw the towel in, but for me this is a clear signal that if the right post came up, he would leave and its only a matter of time. Forget any contract extensions now unless a certain body leaves. Maybe one of the promoted teams, Palace or even Leicester in time will get him. We have been dam lucky to have held on to him-in his stage of his career he does not need all this penny pinching and politics. Hes kept us in the PL for 5 years if you count next year-a net spend averaging £9m each year is abolutely unbelievable. (What have Villa, Brighton and a few others spent ?)He now deserves better.Sadly the backroom staff will exit with him
First time I’d seen the article but agree he deserves better than Newcastle or Palace.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

warksclaret wrote:
The maximum we could have spent would be an average net spend of £15m per year. Any more than that and we would be in debt.

In round numbers, we have taken in income of £700m and spent £660m during Sean Dyche's tenure; leaving £40m in the bank. The question is, how much more should we have spent in an ideal world?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Andingle wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 am
He's in effect the head of recruitment right across the club

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm

warksclaret wrote:

Sean is too professional to throw the towel in, but for me this is a clear signal that if the right post came up, he would leave and its only a matter of time.
I got shouted down last week for daring to suggest that the reports of a rift with the chairman was genuine - unless something changes drastically, and I don't think it will, I can't see Sean being here much longer.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:06 pm
He's in effect the head of recruitment right across the club
Which, I assume, would include the manager?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm
Which, I assume, would include the manager?
At most clubs you would say yes, but at most clubs you don't have both the technical director and manager reporting to the chairman. Seems the chairman does everything at the club now so I suspect he'll lead any recruitment of a manager.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 pm

DSR-fine margins but unlike a lot of other clubs, we are not in debt

I have said in other posts that we are punching well above our weight, and we need to be "smart" in our business approach. Do we have the right people who can maximise our sponsorship opportunities for example. Are we seriously capable of scouting good young potential with a great sell on price. McNeil, Tarks and Pope are great examples but who discovered them ?Who is unearthing the Andy Robertsons of this world. And in view of how tight finances are, who took ownership of Hendricks contract a year ago and considered the selling/replacement decision then. Why were we not signing James Reece of Chelsea 2 years ago on loan-Wigan were. Instead we ran with Lowton & Bardsley (no sell on value).Who is handling the Gibson contract-its been going on for 5 months. Can see him leaving for nothing the way we operate

SD is performing miracles with the team. Others in the club need to performing to his level if a small town club is to have a future in the PL
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

"Not if buying end-of-life players is draining the coffers fast"
I know SD has been accused of preferring the more senior pros but had no idea things were this bad 😳

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Tony, can you make it so that "punching above our weight", or "punching well above our weight" is masked out :)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 pm
DSR-fine margins but unlike a lot of other clubs, we are not in debt

I have said in other posts that we are punching well above our weight, and we need to be "smart" in our business approach. Do we have the right people who can maximise our sponsorship opportunities for example. Are we seriously capable of scouting good young potential with a great sell on price. McNeil, Tarks and Pope are great examples but who discovered them ?Who is unearthing the Andy Robertsons of this world. And in view of how tight finances are, who took ownership of Hendricks contract a year ago and considered the selling/replacement decision then. Why were we not signing James Reece of Chelsea 2 years ago on loan-Wigan were. Instead we ran with Lowton & Bardsley (no sell on value).Who is handling the Gibson contract-its been going on for 5 months. Can see him leaving for nothing the way we operate

SD is performing miracles with the team. Others in the club need to performing to his level if a small town club is to have a future in the PL
We were within inches of signing Robertson only for Marco Silva to pull the plug. As for Hendrick's contract, that would be Garlick/Rigg I assume, but what do you do in that situation. Players are entitled to run down their contracts and leave for nothing. If Wigan are signing a player on loan, and he doesn't go to any other Premier League club, why have we missed out. As for Gibson, that's a unique situation, and I'm sure he'll be sold before his contract runs out given there's another two years to go.

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm
I got shouted down last week for daring to suggest that the reports of a rift with the chairman was genuine - unless something changes drastically, and I don't think it will, I can't see Sean being here much longer.
Well, this is the most depressing post for a while. Whilst some think CT knows no better than the rest of us, I'm in the camp that thinks he's probably got much more info about stuff regarding what's going on at the club than he is able to share with us.

So, for CT to say such things suggests to me that SD is on his way sooner rather than later and Garlick, if he's any sense, might already be starting to sound out future candidates. (If SD does go my personal preference for a replacement would be Chris Hughton - underrated and undervalued manager in my book).

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Goddy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 pm
Well, this is the most depressing post for a while. Whilst some think CT knows no better than the rest of us, I'm in the camp that thinks he's probably got much more info about stuff regarding what's going on at the club than he is able to share with us.

So, for CT to say such things suggests to me that SD is on his way sooner rather than later and Garlick, if he's any sense, might already be starting to sound out future candidates. (If SD does go my personal preference for a replacement would be Chris Hughton - underrated and undervalued manager in my book).
More likely to be a manager that most of us have never heard of.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Goddy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 pm

It's not rocket science, he's been having digs at the lack of finance on an almost weekly basis for some considerable time. I think we are very close to the point of no return. I have been hoping not for some time but I fear that his time will be up very soon.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Well he won't resign, unless a club have approached him and offered him the job. So it'll either be a sacking, which I doubt he'll mind as he'll get a payout, or it's until a rival club such as Newcastle/Palace have the vacancy.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm

If SD went to Palace what can he realistically hope to achieve?

He'll certainly never manage a club that can realistically expect to win trophies.

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

I had hoped that all this unrest was more to put pressure on the Board to release funds for new signings....political shenanigans/posturing, as much as anything.

The inference here is that it's much more serious than that....in fact pretty much terminal as far as SD remaining manager. Sad times, indeed, as far as I'm concerned.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:34 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 pm
Well he won't resign, unless a club have approached him and offered him the job. So it'll either be a sacking, which I doubt he'll mind as he'll get a payout, or it's until a rival club such as Newcastle/Palace have the vacancy.
If the Saudi deal goes through the Newcastle owners won't go anywhere near SD. They will want a big name European manager.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Goddy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm
I had hoped that all this unrest was more to put pressure on the Board to release funds for new signings....political shenanigans/posturing, as much as anything.

The inference here is that it's much more serious than that....in fact pretty much terminal as far as SD remaining manager. Sad times, indeed, as far as I'm concerned.
I think he's done it for 2 reasons. To also keep telling other clubs that he'll do better with them if they have more money to spend. But what will be will be.

Bertiebeehead

Post by Bertiebeehead » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 pm

No way in hell we’ll sack him and pay him out.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:39 pm

For all this talk of a need to keep the club going for future generations, I have felt for years that the main reason for low spending is to maximise the future sale price of the club, and thus the payday for the current shareholders.

That’s entirely legal of course, nor is it necessarily immoral, and it must also be said that the board still felt the training ground was a priority over and above that, so must have some sense of investing for the future.

But I don’t feel my own personal experience has been invested in, in any way (i.e. infrastructure I use). Apart from disabled fans and CFS fans, I bet I’m not alone. Sean seems equally miffed from a manager’s perspective, though given that he receives a nice contract it makes him different from fans who pay in their hard earned cash (that’s why I tire of his moaning).

The only thing I feel sure of is that MG isn’t suddenly going to change his approach, so unless Covid-19 forces all clubs to operate in a similar way, I too can’t see Sean being here much longer, even if the grass is unlikely to be greener elsewhere.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Whatever happens we must have a new manager in place immediately Sean goes. The coming window will determine if we are to gave a chance of staying up next season. Dyche will want to take Tarks with him and maybe Ben, Charlie and Wood. Chris Hughton would do for me. It eoukdbeno time to gamble on someone like Joey.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:42 pm
Whatever happens we must have a new manager in place immediately Sean goes. The coming window will determine if we are to gave a chance of staying up next season. Dyche will want to take Tarks with him and maybe Ben, Charlie and Wood. Chris Hughton would do for me. It eoukdbeno time to gamble on someone like Joey.
If he's going to be able to afford those four players, then I presume he's managing either Chelsea or Man City?

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Next Manager odds

Post by Longsider » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Reading other posts it seems some are convinced Sean is off. So let's have a look at who is in the running for the job. Be warned some of the names make scary reading.

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/burnley

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Our stock has never been higher as a club.

After Coyle left we were just seen as one season wonders but we are in far better shape now.

Burnley87
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 pm

It might sound stupid but he would probably be best taking the Rangers (Rangers is the better job) or Celtic Jobs If they come available. He can stamp a better style of football on his CV he has a winning mentality to Compete well enough in Europe

Think the next move of his career he will seen as another Big Sam or maybe Brendon Rogers if he moves to a club that can compete to win things

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:53 pm

I would be devastated if Sean left, and looking at that list of bookie's replacements the only two who seem acceptable are Woan or Barton: the rest of them I would hate to see at Turf Moor.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Re: Next Manager odds

Post by BenWickes » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Longsider wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm
Reading other posts it seems some are convinced Sean is off. So let's have a look at who is in the running for the job. Be warned some of the names make scary reading.

They all make scary reading apart from Pochettino and that appointment is unlikely.

Edited. Got confused with all the rebranding of leagues.
Last edited by BenWickes on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Longsider wrote:

Some of that list makes me feel queasy.
Pardew - hells teeth

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:58 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Some of that list makes me feel queasy.
Pardew - hells teeth
David Moyes will be free at the end of the season as well! ;)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Longsider wrote:

If I remove any that I wouldn't want managing us, and remove any who wouldn't come to us anyway, as we don't have enough money for them to throw at the wall... there's nobody left.

claret54
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 261 times

Post by claret54 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:00 pm

Its easy to be depressed by the current situation although we don't know all the detail. But lets as supporters think about finishing this season well. If we can do that maybe it might change things. After thursdays great win we are totally safe. There are six clubs us, Spurs SheffU, Crystal Palace, Everton and Arsenal . Only separated by 4 points and probably two Europa League places at stake. What a great position to be in. Lets celebrate that.
So I,m thinking about Europe again. Wins tonight and against Sheff U would be massive. But we also have a good run in (except for the Liverpool match) Things look good to me.
We're all going on another European Tour should be our song tonight.