Foster parents

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Foster parents

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Hopefully the power of social media can help. Just seen this story online and had to share. Must be someone out there who would or knows someone who would love to foster four siblings who are at risk of being separated. As a father of siblings and from a large family of brothers and sisters myself I can’t imagine ever being separated...

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... n=sharebar

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Re: Foster parents

Post by clarethomer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Breaks my heart to see this.

I hope someone will come to their rescue.
This user liked this post: Clarets4me

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:42 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm
Breaks my heart to see this.

I hope someone will come to their rescue.
Absolutely.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Hope they get sorted, they look a lovely family.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:50 pm
Hope they get sorted, they look a lovely family.
That isn't the family as it says the names and images have been changed to protect the family.

There is also an allowance for both new and experienced foster carers, who can expect to receive between £250 and £428 per week for each child they care for.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:56 pm

conyoviejo wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:06 pm
That isn't the family as it says the names and images have been changed to protect the family.

There is also an allowance for both new and experienced foster carers, who can expect to receive between £250 and £428 per week for each child they care for.
Hopefully an extra incentive. I’d like think foster parents do it for the love of it rather than money. But I’m sure the money would definitely motivate some decent people who wouldn’t otherwise do it.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:56 pm
Hopefully an extra incentive. I’d like think foster parents do it for the love of it rather than money. But I’m sure the money would definitely motivate some decent people who wouldn’t otherwise do it.
The burnley board could be looking into this . The financial incentive is there as well as potential .

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2316 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am

Let me just assure you all that those kind of allowances are only paid in very high tariff cases where the level of need is extremely high.

Fostering isn't now, and probably never will be, some kind of lucrative way of life. Its real graft.....rewarding to some, maybe... But every penny of the allowances paid is necessary and fully earned.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:34 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am
Let me just assure you all that those kind of allowances are only paid in very high tariff cases where the level of need is extremely high.

Fostering isn't now, and probably never will be, some kind of lucrative way of life. Its real graft.....rewarding to some, maybe... But every penny of the allowances paid is necessary and fully earned.
Not that I’ve ever fostered but I know from parenting how hard work it can be. They will earn every penny!

Really hope these four find a home together.

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:00 am

If I had the room I would.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure spadesclaret

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:14 pm

We are maybe looking to foster in the future but there are hurdles in ur way that may not be able to be overcome. Also, my view is that, if you are going to foster you do not do it for the money you do it for the love you can give to kids who need it!
These 2 users liked this post: tybfc cricketfieldclarets

tybfc

Post by tybfc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:17 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:14 pm
We are maybe looking to foster in the future but there are hurdles in ur way that may not be able to be overcome. Also, my view is that, if you are going to foster you do not do it for the money you do it for the love you can give to kids who need it!
Good luck if you do go ahead with fostering in the future and there is nothing more rewarding. I'd be genuinely interested in the hurdles that you may not be able to overcome but they are perhaps not for a football message board.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I think tybfc came across a lot of the hurdles referred to but he and his wife proved to be world class hurdlers and eventually reached the finishing line.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:29 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am

Rightly so

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:32 pm

tybfc wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:17 pm
Good luck if you do go ahead with fostering in the future and there is nothing more rewarding. I'd be genuinely interested in the hurdles that you may not be able to overcome but they are perhaps not for a football message board.
Hey TY..no, not a problem. I have been married twice previously and all the initial things we have looked into (and granted at this point it is only cursory as we are no where near at the point yet) state that they will require written statement from previous spouses to determine fitness to foster. If this is the case then wife number 1...no idea where she is...wife number 2 had a massive stroke and is now back in South Africa and so not sure how easy that would be to get....obviously these are hurdles that we will do our damndest to overcome if we can and I am sure as we get further into it there must be ways to compensate....but we will see! Fingers crossed at the time....

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Good luck ClaretDiver. I have 2 adopted kids, the second of which, we fostered to adopt. Hurdles can always be jumped and there are quite a few. I hope it goes well because there’s plenty of children that need decent folk in their lives.

tybfc

Post by tybfc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:32 pm
Hey TY..no, not a problem. I have been married twice previously and all the initial things we have looked into (and granted at this point it is only cursory as we are no where near at the point yet) state that they will require written statement from previous spouses to determine fitness to foster. If this is the case then wife number 1...no idea where she is...wife number 2 had a massive stroke and is now back in South Africa and so not sure how easy that would be to get....obviously these are hurdles that we will do our damndest to overcome if we can and I am sure as we get further into it there must be ways to compensate....but we will see! Fingers crossed at the time....
ClaretDiver - We both had previous marriages and in my wife's case I am her third husband (it took her a while to find perfection). We had to give our life history as you say but my wife had no idea of the whereabouts of her first husband and social services accepted that and will have without doubt have done the same with others. I suspect that they didn't even speak to any of our previous partners but cannot say for certain.

People's lives move on and everybody does things that they later in life wish they hadn't but all of that it taken into account when you go through the application process.

If you do ever consider fostering and wanted to chat about it feel free to get in touch and we will talk you into it without having to listen to a social worker.

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:58 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:56 pm
In my line of work I have a lot of dealings with foster workers, whilst the majority are decent people who do it to give support to children, there are some that I am convinced do it for the cash only.

ClaretDiver

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:23 pm

tybfc wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 pm
ClaretDiver - We both had previous marriages and in my wife's case I am her third husband (it took her a while to find perfection). We had to give our life history as you say but my wife had no idea of the whereabouts of her first husband and social services accepted that and will have without doubt have done the same with others. I suspect that they didn't even speak to any of our previous partners but cannot say for certain.

People's lives move on and everybody does things that they later in life wish they hadn't but all of that it taken into account when you go through the application process.

If you do ever consider fostering and wanted to chat about it feel free to get in touch and we will talk you into it without having to listen to a social worker.
Thanks for this reassurance mate...it does mean a lot. Like I say we are a few years off at the moment but it is defo on the radar in the future. If we are both still around on the board then, then I will take you up on that! Thanks....