Cancel Culture ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Re: Cancel Culture ?

Post by PeterWilton » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:24 am

And also his apology to Sikhs for his rather ignorant comment about 1917.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:26 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:21 am
Why would the Left want respect from a bigot like you?
Who said they would? Plus , if I really was a "bigot" , with the Left, I'd be amongst like-minded people.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:23 am
There's a little more to it that that with Fox. He's also denied that Megan Markle was a victim of racism.

As for hoim being a white privileged male. That's got nothing to do with his wealth and everything to do with him winning the lottery by being born white and male, and if he was cancelled for denying the existence of white privilege or male privilege then I'd be more than comfortable with that.

But we live in a capitalist society, and if he made himself less marketable in an industry where being marketable is so important then he's the only one to blame, not anyone else.

Did he ever apologise for calling the audience member a racist? I googled it briefly but only found equity's apology.
The term "White privilege "

The application, to the individual, the characteristics of the group from which they belong.

The very definition of racism.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 am

PeterWilton wrote:
There's a little more to it that that with Fox. He's also denied that Megan Markle was a victim of racism.

As for hoim being a white privileged male. That's got nothing to do with his wealth and everything to do with him winning the lottery by being born white and male, and if he was cancelled for denying the existence of white privilege or male privilege then I'd be more than comfortable with that.

But we live in a capitalist society, and if he made himself less marketable in an industry where being marketable is so important then he's the only one to blame, not anyone else.

Did he ever apologise for calling the audience member a racist? I googled it briefly but only found equity's apology.
Oh I see , it's now "progressive" to now judge people by their skin colour, and by what the ancestors of people with the same skin colour may have done.

They used to call that racism.....

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:58 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:58 am
... it's quite clear that cultural Marxism, that aims to silence opinion, people and thought which it disagrees with, is not anti semitic. In fact, by attempting to link it with 1940s Germany, it's simply the Lefts tired old technique of attempting to silence opinion by lashing out and shouting nazi...
It’s literally Nazi propaganda - “Kulturbolschewismus” (“cultural Bolshevism”) was a Nazi conspiracy theory that the Jews were behind a Marxist plot to destroy the West from within. They claimed the Jews were secretly behind the Russian Revolution, and the Bolsheviks were just their puppets.

Anders Brevik cited cultural Marxism, alongside feminism and Islam, as a cause of the decline of western civilisation, so it’s not just the historical Nazis who are on your side on this one.

Incidentally, if someone calls you a Nazi for parroting literal Nazi propaganda, that’s not them trying to silence you. They’re just calling you out for what you are. In fact, the implication that “shouting Nazi” is somehow beyond the pale seems a bit indicative of cancel culture to me.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am

Owen Jones is getting berated on twitter for calling everyone a nazi currently
Actual Nazi's will be laughing their t*ts off.
Nice work guys
Screenshot_20200822-042312_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200822-042312_Twitter.jpg (599.75 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Kerry Mendoza. Editor of left wing bible, the Canary

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am
The term "White privilege "

The application, to the individual, the characteristics of the group from which they belong.

The very definition of racism.

No, Ringo McCartney. When someone refers to "white privilege" no one is being judge by their skin colour. In actual fact Jo one is being judged at all.

White Privilege refers to how in predominantly white Western societies people who are white often don't have to overcome the societal hurdles that people with other skin colours have to overcome to reach an equal level of success.

I'm going to just assume you have misunderstood the term in good faith and I am happy to give you a more correct, albeit likely not perfect, description.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:53 am

Damo wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am
Owen Jones is getting berated on twitter for calling everyone a nazi currently
Actual Nazi's will be laughing their t*ts off.
Nice work guys
Screenshot_20200822-042312_Twitter.jpg
Kerry Mendoza. Editor of left wing bible, the Canary

I believe that tweet from Kerry Mendoza is in response to Jones's criticism of this tweet...

Now I'm not a big fan of brexit, but if I was I think I would be glad to see someone criticising the invokation of "arbeit macht frei" in reference to it.
Attachments
Ef7-OUeWoAMcIOn.png
Ef7-OUeWoAMcIOn.png (71.58 KiB) Viewed 2914 times

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:38 am

Not the best week for Radicalised Ringo
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:11 am

PeterWilton wrote:

Fox thinks the press coverage of Meghan Markle was not based on racism and that's a crime? Line me up against the wall next to Fox. It's ok to think it was based on racism and it's ok to think it wasn't. Come on Peter you know that (assuming you are Turtle...DA...) so let's not go there.

The cancel storm was based on Laurence Fox's opposition to people being characterised by their skin colour, whether it is black, white or whatever.

I accept that those insistent on preaching white privilege are, in the main, motivated by good intentions. But surely you can understand the counter argument that some people think that attaching importance to a person's skin colour is not a good thing? You are happy for people to suffer for thinking that? A lot of progress has been made against racism by people thinking exactly that - skin colour is not important.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:16 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 am
No, Ringo McCartney. When someone refers to "white privilege" no one is being judge by their skin colour. In actual fact Jo one is being judged at all.

(AND THEN, IN THE NEXT PARAGRAPH, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT ILL DO!)

White Privilege refers to how in predominantly white Western societies people who are white often don't have to overcome the societal hurdles that people with other skin colours have to overcome to reach an equal level of success.

I'm going to just assume you have misunderstood the term in good faith and I am happy to give you a more correct, albeit likely not perfect, description.
Are you serious! Did you type that racist nonsense with a straight face?

There's a clue in the first word, of the two word, racist term that you're repeatedly choosing to use !

My mum, 93 in September God bless her, can recall seeing from the window of the office of her first job. Men queueing outside the dole office in Burnley town centre. They were queueing for the couple of shillings theyd receive till they found work.

Those men, exclusively WHITE MEN had nothing on their feet. Yes, that's right Peter Wilton , WHITE MEN, in Burnley , Lancashire, England, Europe, where the majority live in their homeland ( increasingly an inconvenience for some) had sweet **** all on their feet.

Where was there "white privilege " Peter Wilton? Nothing on their feet.

She'll also tell you that around the same area all the children, WHITE CHILDREN had shaved heads. Why did those children have shaved heads Peter Wilton? Because their hair was riddled with lice, such was the abject poverty and dirt poor living conditions their were enduring.

That's within living memory. So dont bloody lecture me about "whites often don't have to overcome the societal hurdles that people with other skin colours have to overcome to reach an equal level of success."

You havent a clue what poisonous, race baiting, jealousy justifying racist hate speach you're promoting.

These men, those WHITE men, and millions like them worked hard, damn hard, often in horrendous conditions in Steel works, on railways, in coal mines. Over time they and their families would manage to squirrel away what little extra they had, after theyd fed and clothed themselves. This would then be passed onto the next generation in the hope that their children and grandchildren would have a better life. Anything that millions and millions of white people have today is not thanks to their skin colour. They're simply benefitting from the work of previous generations.

You , as someone on the Left should be aware of Clause 4. This is the first line-

"To secure for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry"

Millions of white people are simply now enjoying what the founding fathers of the Labour movement wanted them to achieve. The fruits of their labour.

The "misunderstanding" is on your part Peter Wilton. Your need to describe the generationally derived achievements and just rewards of the people whose forefathers had nowt on their feet as "privilege" because of their skin colour is what it is.

It's the the application, to the individual, the characteristics of the group from which they belong.

Racism.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:21 am

Greenmile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:58 am
It’s literally Nazi propaganda - “Kulturbolschewismus” (“cultural Bolshevism”) was a Nazi conspiracy theory that the Jews were behind a Marxist plot to destroy the West from within. They claimed the Jews were secretly behind the Russian Revolution, and the Bolsheviks were just their puppets.

Anders Brevik cited cultural Marxism, alongside feminism and Islam, as a cause of the decline of western civilisation, so it’s not just the historical Nazis who are on your side on this one.

Incidentally, if someone calls you a Nazi for parroting literal Nazi propaganda, that’s not them trying to silence you. They’re just calling you out for what you are. In fact, the implication that “shouting Nazi” is somehow beyond the pale seems a bit indicative of cancel culture to me.
https://www.theburkean.ie/articles/2020 ... fa-project

"In December of last year a Twitter account was set-up. Titled “Irish Students Against Fascism”, it described itself as an aspiring antifascist organising hub to physically, socially and professionally harass individuals engaged with conservative or nationalist politics on campuses. 

The account boasted of an impending website dumping incriminating material relating to students on campus, particularly in Young Fine Gael, and invited individuals to contribute over private messaging.

What has been unknown until today was that, from the very onset, the page was operated by students involved with The Burkean. The account was set up with the intent of performing long term investigative work into antifascism in Ireland, as well as its insidious and often blatant links with civic society, journalism and politics. 

Put politely, antifascism is the euphemism given to the work done to destroy the lives of people with right leaning sympathies. While traditionally associated with left republicanism, it is these days more often than not linked to Ireland’s ubiquitous NGO complex, as well as well-funded activists heavily networked within the world of journalism, politics and the private sector. 

Many young people on the Irish Right have long claimed that there is institutional bias constantly working against them. However, it is only now that we can definitively say that this is not the case.

There is no institutional bias against young conservatives. There is an outright conspiracy against them. A conspiracy that starts at the lower levels of university life and leads all the way up, like a conveyor belt, to the NGO complex and the halls of the Oireachtas. Individuals brazenly abusing their positions of power trying to destroy their political opponents, with no fear of repercussions. It is with this series of exposés that these repercussions will finally start to materialise. "

Cancel Culture and Cultural Marxism clearly endemic in Ireland. And they've been rumbled!
If its happening there, you can bet your bottom dollar, its happening here , on stilts.

This is cancel culture.

This is cultural Marxism.

Given the demographics in Ireland, it's a safe bet, that none, that's none, one more time, none of those involved were Jewish. Consequently, it's quite clear that cultural Marxism, that aims to silence opinion, people and thought which it disagrees with, is not anti semitic. In fact, by attempting to link it with 1940s Germany, it's simply the Lefts tired old technique of attempting to silence opinion by lashing out and shouting nazi.

I'd have more respect for the Left if they could, for once , just admit, " yeah ok, we've been sussed, fair play."

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:28 am

android wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:11 am
(assuming you are...DA...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18441Eh_WE

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:33 am

:D I'd better say sorry then before Greenmile gives me a ticking off - if he can ever descend from his high moral mountain! Sorry.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:48 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:21 am
https://www.theburkean.ie/articles/2020 ... fa-project

"In December of last year a Twitter account was set-up. Titled “Irish Students Against Fascism”, it described itself as an aspiring antifascist organising hub to physically, socially and professionally harass individuals engaged with conservative or nationalist politics on campuses. 

The account boasted of an impending website dumping incriminating material relating to students on campus, particularly in Young Fine Gael, and invited individuals to contribute over private messaging.

What has been unknown until today was that, from the very onset, the page was operated by students involved with The Burkean. The account was set up with the intent of performing long term investigative work into antifascism in Ireland, as well as its insidious and often blatant links with civic society, journalism and politics. 

Put politely, antifascism is the euphemism given to the work done to destroy the lives of people with right leaning sympathies. While traditionally associated with left republicanism, it is these days more often than not linked to Ireland’s ubiquitous NGO complex, as well as well-funded activists heavily networked within the world of journalism, politics and the private sector. 

Many young people on the Irish Right have long claimed that there is institutional bias constantly working against them. However, it is only now that we can definitively say that this is not the case.

There is no institutional bias against young conservatives. There is an outright conspiracy against them. A conspiracy that starts at the lower levels of university life and leads all the way up, like a conveyor belt, to the NGO complex and the halls of the Oireachtas. Individuals brazenly abusing their positions of power trying to destroy their political opponents, with no fear of repercussions. It is with this series of exposés that these repercussions will finally start to materialise. "

Cancel Culture and Cultural Marxism clearly endemic in Ireland. And they've been rumbled!
If its happening there, you can bet your bottom dollar, its happening here , on stilts.

This is cancel culture.

This is cultural Marxism.

Given the demographics in Ireland, it's a safe bet, that none, that's none, one more time, none of those involved were Jewish. Consequently, it's quite clear that cultural Marxism, that aims to silence opinion, people and thought which it disagrees with, is not anti semitic. In fact, by attempting to link it with 1940s Germany, it's simply the Lefts tired old technique of attempting to silence opinion by lashing out and shouting nazi.

I'd have more respect for the Left if they could, for once , just admit, " yeah ok, we've been sussed, fair play."
Oh. We’re doing this again are we? Where you have no way to defend your continued use of anti Semitic Nazi propaganda, soyou just copy and paste your last post.

Ok then...

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:06 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:55 am
What hyperbole? Are you unaware of how serious the suicide problem among transgender people? Of those surveyed about half have attempted suicide at least once. And that's just the ones whose attempts failed, obviously. That's not hyperbole.

And why do you think people are telling kids they're the wrong gender? That's a propaganda line touted by transphobic people used to trick otherwise good people, such as yourself, into repeating it and believing it without actually looking to see if it's even true. Where did you read or hear it?
I believe the number of trans people who have considered suicide is nearly ninety percent.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:18 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:06 pm
I believe the number of trans people who have considered suicide is nearly ninety percent.
They should do everything they can to try and fix their minds and align their body and mind before butchering and mutilating the bodies they were born with. Pumping adolescents with hormone supressors and ideas before attempting to fix the mind is barbaric and the aftermath can lead to suicide.
This user liked this post: dsr

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:03 am
It's "progressive" to now judge people by their skin colour, and by what the ancestors of people with the same skin colour may have done.

They used to call that racism.....
You’re using Nazi terminology, and telling us that anti-Fascists are the bad guys. All in all very in-British. And that Burkean website (I’m sure the real Burke is tumbling in his grave) actually set up a fake Twitter account to lure students and spy on students? That’s vile.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:43 pm

I love how Ringo has copied and pasted the landing page of a site he found purely by chance (it is top of the page if you Google "Irish antifa"), presenting it as fact without any attempt to assess its credibility.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:48 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:24 pm
You’re using Nazi terminology, and telling us that anti-Fascists are the bad guys. All in all very in-British. And that Burkean website (I’m sure the real Burke is tumbling in his grave) actually set up a fake Twitter account to lure students and spy on students? That’s vile.
I'm not. You're linking awareness of deep seated Marxism in irish politics with 1940s Germany. In a tired old attempt to silence opinion that you dont agree with. I've given you a clear example where student unions, NGO's and the halls of the Oireachtas, are clearly collaborating to cancel political opponents. None of those involved, to my knowledge, are Jewish. So you're Boy that Cried Wolf, groundless "nazi" name calling has any validity whatsoever. They were rumbled by clever journalism and you're reduced to name calling.

And if you want to get on the subject of "vile". The founder and leader of your comrades in irish Antifa , John Corcoran, is a convicted paedophile. And despite initially losing his position in Antifa, he's been welcomed back into the fold. You still havent said what you think of that Andrew JB.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:50 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:43 pm
I love how Ringo has copied and pasted the landing page of a site he found purely by chance (it is top of the page if you Google "Irish antifa"), presenting it as fact without any attempt to assess its credibility.
One mans "purely by chance" is anothers , increasingly , well informed.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:53 pm

lol Ringo

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 pm

This is hugely embarrassing.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:10 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:48 pm
I'm not. You're linking awareness of deep seated Marxism in irish politics with 1940s Germany. In a tired old attempt to silence opinion that you dont agree with. I've given you a clear example where student unions, NGO's and the halls of the Oireachtas, are clearly collaborating to cancel political opponents. None of those involved, to my knowledge, are Jewish. So you're Boy that Cried Wolf, groundless "nazi" name calling has any validity whatsoever. They were rumbled by clever journalism and you're reduced to name calling.

And if you want to get on the subject of "vile". The founder and leader of your comrades in irish Antifa , John Corcoran, is a convicted paedophile. And despite initially losing his position in Antifa, he's been welcomed back into the fold. You still havent said what you think of that Andrew JB.
And neither have you said whether you agree with Claire Fox MEP (who was recently promoted to the house of Lords by BJ), the ardent Brexiteer who's views on the cancel culture led her to say it's wrong to remove child abuse images from the internet.

Is your silence an endorsement of her views?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm

If the thread vanishes right now is it cancel culture?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:10 pm
And neither have you said whether you agree with Claire Fox MEP (who was recently promoted to the house of Lords by BJ), the ardent Brexiteer who's views on the cancel culture led her to say it's wrong to remove child abuse images from the internet.

Is your silence an endorsement of her views?
I genuinely wasnt aware of last part for that alone she shouldn't be allowed in the The Lords. Nor should she have for her support of terrorism.
This user liked this post: Spijed

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:37 pm

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Eric Cantona

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:48 am
Oh. We’re doing this again are we? Where you have no way to defend your continued use of anti Semitic Nazi propaganda, soyou just copy and paste your last post.

Ok then...

You do realise, dont you , that my example of cancel culture , which is symptomatic of cultural Marxism is from irish politics in February 2020. Not, repeat , not 1940s Germany. ?

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:44 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
It seems you think he should lose his position, or to use the modern day terminology, be "cancelled". But you're opposed to such things aren't you?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:50 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:44 pm
It seems you think he should lose his position, or to use the modern day terminology, be "cancelled". But you're opposed to such things aren't you?
No no, you misjudge what I think should happen to him. Given he downloaded 1000s of images of child abuse he shouldn't only lose his position. He should lose his liberty and lose his , given this is public forum, private parts.

I'm looking forward to hearing Andrew JBs opinion.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:01 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:35 pm
I genuinely wasnt aware of last part for that alone she shouldn't be allowed in the The Lords. Nor should she have for her support of terrorism.
Fair play to you for the acknowledgement.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

dsr
Been Liked: 4575 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:20 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
For comparison, what were the suicide rates due to body dysphoria before trangender culture was invented/discovered?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:34 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:50 pm
No no, you misjudge what I think should happen to him. Given he downloaded 1000s of images of child abuse he shouldn't only lose his position. He should lose his liberty and lose his , given this is public forum, private parts.

I'm looking forward to hearing Andrew JBs opinion.
I asked you to prove he was the leader of ‘Irish Antifa’ and you linked to the twitter account of a white supremacist.

Quit while you’re behind.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:50 pm
One mans "purely by chance" is anothers , increasingly , well informed.
So well informed that all you could offer is s copy/paste from the landing page, written in March and nothing from the series of exclusive messages, audio and video recordings that give a hint of the sheer scale of this corruption that they promised to publish in the following weeks. Doesn't seem that well informed to me.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:42 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:35 pm
You still voted for her.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:46 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:

“Deep rooted Marxism in Irish politics...” - who are these people? What power do they have? And in what ways have they effected change in Ireland?

Why, when it has been explained to you so many times what an atrociously anti-Semitic term “cultural Marxism” is, do you continue to use it? What are you trying to describe by it?

Why would you promote the idea that people against fascism are the bad guys? Are you for or against fascism?

Why should I ever have to denounce paedophilia, when I’ve never promoted it? I have no idea who Pat Corcoran is, but if you’ve attacked him because he opposes fascism then does that make you a fascist?

You use NAZI terminology, and quote websites that attack anti fascists. I’m not calling you names, but suggesting your own words make you look like a fascist.
These 2 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Greenmile

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:57 am

If the Civic trusts of the nation all go bust at the same time, the glut of treasures will perhaps collapse the art market. One wonders as to which side will benefit.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:15 am

AndrewJB wrote:

I'm not sure what study you're referring to but that wouldn't surprise me if 48 percent have tried to kill themselves.

Its such a serious issue that its upsetting to see people openly mocking transgender people by making the conscious decision to refer to trans women as "men" or "trans fellas" and going so far out of their way to deny the problem by instead of callignit what it is, "gender dysphoria" they call it "body dysphoria, presumably because they don't want to admit the" gender aspect of it.

But even worse than those people are those who actively lie and spread disinformation about how treatments occur. Notts claret has repeated some of the most vile and damaging lies about how people with gender dysphoria are treated by characterising it as if these people who are going thru this are only going through it because other people are telling them they are transgender. And bfcboyo has also repeated the lie that kids are being pumped with ideas that they are transgender when actually what is happening is these kids who, for years have had to struggle with gender dysphoria, seek help and after evaluation by medical professionals are sometimes they are offered puberty blockers, because a transgender person going through puberty can be extremely traumatising, so medication that delays puberty (it only delays it, not prevent it) to allow them more time to understand and come to terms with their level of dysphoria is vital in keeping the attempted suicide tate down to *only* 48%.

Incidentally,and closer to the topic, Graham Linehan, who I've seen people complain about being cancelled, was only cancelled *after* he organised a mass complaint against Mermaids, a charity that helps children with gender dysphoria not kill themselves, because Mermaids were due to receive a National Lottery grant and Linehan and his fellow transphobes tried to have that grant cancelled based on transphobic lies and propaganda, the same kind of lies and propaganda that has been repeated in this very thread.

So if it is cancel culture to collectively boycott Graham Linehan, and anyone who funds him, for his transphobic actions then clearly its also cancel culture for Graham Linehan to organise collective action against a charity he doesn't like because of how much of a hateful bigot he is. And this only supports my argument that cancel culture doesn't exist. It is a term dreamed up by the far right to attack the left for something the left does far more effectively, and way more peacefully, that the far right. The term is far-right propaganda. Like "cultural Marxist" and "social justice warrior" and "virtual signalling". It's intended to shame the left into not collectively acting all while they attempt to collectively act in the exact same way they claim is "cancel culture". Just look at Trump's tweets to see how many times he's called for boycotts, and not he's whining about "cancel culture". It's pretty funny.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:56 pm

https://www.theweek.co.uk/107867/bbc-ne ... an-article

The attempts to cancel a BBC employee for writing an article in a magazine.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:20 pm
For comparison, what were the suicide rates due to body dysphoria before trangender culture was invented/discovered?
Before things were discovered did they not exist? How many people died of cancer or heart disease before they were discovered?
This user liked this post: KateR

dsr
Been Liked: 4575 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:06 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:00 pm
Before things were discovered did they not exist? How many people died of cancer or heart disease before they were discovered?
You've misunderstood the question. When I ask how many people killed themselves before this condition was discovered, what I was really asking was how many people killed themselves for this condition before it was discovered. Sorry if you misunderstood. I tried to make it simple.

Perhaps if I rephrase the question.

1. How many people are killing themselves now because they are not happy with their gender?
2. Before gender dysphoria was known about, how many people were killing themselves because they were not happy with their gender?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:00 pm

How did we get back onto gender dysphoria again?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:15 am
. And bfcboyo has also repeated the lie that kids are being pumped with ideas that they are transgender when actually what is happening is these kids who, for years have had to struggle with gender dysphoria, seek help and after evaluation by medical professionals are sometimes they are offered puberty blockers, because a transgender person going through puberty can be
Know them all do you? How do you know how long they have waited?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:01 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:06 pm
You've misunderstood the question. When I ask how many people killed themselves before this condition was discovered, what I was really asking was how many people killed themselves for this condition before it was discovered. Sorry if you misunderstood. I tried to make it simple.

Perhaps if I rephrase the question.

1. How many people are killing themselves now because they are not happy with their gender?
2. Before gender dysphoria was known about, how many people were killing themselves because they were not happy with their gender?

"not happy with their gender"

Again, and it's pretty disappointing that I have to point this out, but it's not the "gender" part of "gender dysphoria" that is causing the problem. It's the "dysphoria" bit.
:roll:

Do you even want to understand this or would I be wasting my time trying to help you understand?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:00 pm
How did we get back onto gender dysphoria again?

You cropped out the part of my post at then end which explained the relevance. Was that intentional or accidental?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:06 pm
You cropped out the part of my post at then end which explained the relevance. Was that intentional or accidental?
You missed something. In your world there is only extreme left and far right.

And all us normal people in the middle place called reality laugh at it all .

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:12 pm

:o

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm
Know them all do you? How do you know how long they have waited?
I know how long because I've been curious enough to look it up to find out what the process looks like and the time frames involved. Why haven't you?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:13 pm
I know how long because I've been curious enough to look it up to find out what the process looks like and the time frames involved. Why haven't you?
Hi imploding turtle. Please back it up with some evidence. Like you used to.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 pm
You missed something. In your world there is only extreme left and far right.

And all us normal people in the middle place called reality laugh at it all .

I really have no idea what this post means or how it relates to the post you replied to. Did you quote the wrong commenter by mistake?