BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by TVC15 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 am

MACCA wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:26 am
Very well put, found myself agreeing with a lot of that, many feel or can see the same of you.
Mr Dyche also must think similar as he regularly stresses the same thing.

Of course we cant go out and cherry pick every player we want, nor can we pay every asking price we are told.

However as we know that's the case, we need to concentrate our efforts in other areas or make the relative plans.

I've heard the line "every other club is scouting similar players as us" or every club has a profile on "nearly every player" if that's the case it works both ways, yes we will more often than not miss out, but also we should also pick up a couple a long the way.

Yes Mr Dyche has worked miracles with Pope, Tarky, Taylor but that was about 4 years ago, since our record breaking 7th placed finish what has been the plan, wheres the next Tarky, Pope or Taylor. Instead it could be argued we havent genuinely strengthened the starting 11, nor have we invested in players to develop.
It's been a case of plugging gaps with ageing pros or filling the bench with players who arent genuine 1st team players or ones with an eye on a year or two time like Pope , Tarky or Taylor.

As for the argument that "our scouting network is working and keeps us in the premier league" I'm afraid IMO Mr Dyche keeps us in the premier league.
Our failure to plan and land targets in the last 3 or 4 windows is coming back to haunt us, again which many including Mr Dyche predicted a couple of years ago.
Dyche’s teams have always had a number of experienced players in and around the first eleven.
When Pope was no 3 keeper nobody was saying he was the next Tom Heaton....just like nobody is really saying BPF is our next Pope now (but he could be)

As for full back he now decides to have an experienced player as cover. When we had Ward he had the up and coming young player as cover. I’m not sure we have had many (or any) positions in a Dyche team where they are both young players.

Tarks - I think our issue is that we need to get Gibson off the books and then it’s up to Dyche to decide whether he buys for the future a young player of a more experienced one....I don’t think MG will be telling him which option he has to choose.

Not sure after the season we have just had that we refer back to things getting a lot worse since we finished 7th. We got the same points this season than when we finished 7th.

I’m not saying we do not need players - clearly we do. And I’m not saying that Dyche is happy with the situation either. But I also don’t think our recruitment is anywhere near as bad as some fans think
....it’s difficult for all teams and we know that our owners do not have the riches to afford too many mistakes in the transfer market. I’m not sure there are many clubs in the last 7 or 8 years who have had as few expensive mistakes as we have had.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:08 am

We were lucky last season in so far as we lost Defour but his replacement DD was a flop but we did not have to play him. Brownhill numerically is a replacement now. We have lost Hart and replaced him already numerically, we do not really need a fourth keeper to replace Ledzkins but an outfield player would be good. We need to replace Gibson Lennon and Hendrick unless SD feels any of the under 23 squad can step up (Benson, Glennon) and whether the likes of O'Neil and Dunne are good enough to step up if needed.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:10 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:54 am
In what way is it coming back to haunt us?

Even if the squad stays the same we don't look in too much danger.
Hopefully Mr Dyche disagrees and strengthens.

It will haunt us as we will fing ourselves in quite a pickle regards ageing players, players OOC, those with 1 year left and usually their worth is at least halved, and those players that will retire/be very close too.

We cannot sustain buying players with no resale value, dont contribute to the first team regularly, or are here purely picking up wages before leaving on a free.

We are going to need a player every other year that either breaks through from the academy into the squad, we polish up a rough diamond ( regards minimal outlay ) to be in the matchday squad , or we sell a star for big money if we are going to be relatively comfortable in this league in terms of finance and keeping a competitive team for the league.

IF we signed players 30 and above for the next 2 seasons, the finances would soon dry up and the business model then suffers , and in turn the team would suffer too.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 am

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 am
Dyche’s teams have always had a number of experienced players in and around the first eleven.
When Pope was no 3 keeper nobody was saying he was the next Tom Heaton....just like nobody is really saying BPF is our next Pope now (but he could be)

As for full back he now decides to have an experienced player as cover. When we had Ward he had the up and coming young player as cover. I’m not sure we have had many (or any) positions in a Dyche team where they are both young players.

Tarks - I think our issue is that we need to get Gibson off the books and then it’s up to Dyche to decide whether he buys for the future a young player of a more experienced one....I don’t think MG will be telling him which option he has to choose.

Not sure after the season we have just had that we refer back to things getting a lot worse since we finished 7th. We got the same points this season than when we finished 7th.

I’m not saying we do not need players - clearly we do. And I’m not saying that Dyche is happy with the situation either. But I also don’t think our recruitment is anywhere near as bad as some fans think
....it’s difficult for all teams and we know that our owners do not have the riches to afford too many mistakes in the transfer market. I’m not sure there are many clubs in the last 7 or 8 years who have had as few expensive mistakes as we have had.
Fair point, I agree with lots of that too.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:06 am

rob63 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:12 pm
If they only want to pay £10kpw off his wages it'll have to be a decent priced guaranteed purchase deal at the end of the loan, or it won't be worth our while.
COBBLE wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:55 pm
If Gibson goes back to Boro and we fund most of his wages I would be disappointed. He thinks he can have it all his way. No he can't, and I am sure the board and management at Burnley think the same. He has to believe he will not play another game for the next two years to come to his senses.
The thing is, if we don’t want him back in the club, we’re pretty stuck.

IF the numbers reported are correct, we still owe £7.5m if the fee. Add £4.7m of wages and our outstanding liability is £12.2m. Given we don’t want him to return, or he won’t (unclear), coupled with that outstanding liability, we’re in a very poor negotiating position given he’s hardly played a game in two years.

He’ll be looking for guaranteed games and the clubs that can likely offer him that after such a period on the bench will be unlikely to pay him anywhere near his reported £45k pw, especially post-COVID. Overall, giving him back to Boro and saving the remaining payments but paying the majority of his wages, is likely as good as we will get. Unfortunately. I doubt they’d even agree to that if his uncle weren’t chairman!

Better still if Norwich are interested and prepared to include him in a player swap, because they’ll have the parachute payments to help pay more of his wages, but that’s all pointless if he won’t go there.

Our (only) bargaining chip is that his career is ruined if he stays. The player holds all the power but he/Boro might start getting a bit twitchy as 5th October draws near. That’ll be our best time to negotiate, but high risk for us too.

Overall, it’s so complex that if I was MG, I’d be asking Dyche whether there’s a way he could reintegrate him with the squad. Would be a massive test of his man management, but that is one of his strengths. Can’t see it, but should be something they’ve at least discussed.

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am

BenWickes wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:22 pm
It is a bit of an odd one. Just going off what I am reading. He's capable of playing right midfield. So I guess he'd (assuming there's anything in it) be our right sided player vying for a place with JBG. Or as a back up full-back.
I'd have hoped we'd be a lot more adventurous if we were looking for a right sided player but on the plus side. He knows what the Premier League is about so he'd, in theory; slip right in.
Isn't he a little injury prone?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:47 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:37 am
"Potential return for Defour? :lol:" Why the laughter? He'd be better with one leg than some of the donkeys we've been linked with. Don't rule it out. There's been a lot of chat about Defour in recent weeks and I wondered then if he was angling for a return.

Class act.
I thought the same re: recent interviews.

Would take him back in a heartbeat in a coaching role. So much of our success is built on the attitude and spirit in the dressing room. With a few in our squad now reaching an age where we’re going to need replacements, and others subject to bids, having as many around the club that can recreate it in the next generation will be important.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Post by COBBLE » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:51 am

"Our (only) bargaining chip is that his career is ruined if he stays. The player holds all the power but he/Boro might start getting a bit twitchy as 5th October draws near. That’ll be our best time to negotiate, but high risk for us too."

I agree. I doubt whether even Gibson would go into another year without playing especially if we demonstrate that he has had decent offers to play at decent clubs. His true friends and family must be telling him to save face. So early October it is likely to be.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:47 am
I thought the same re: recent interviews.

Would take him back in a heartbeat in a coaching role. So much of our success is built on the attitude and spirit in the dressing room. With a few in our squad now reaching an age where we’re going to need replacements, and others subject to bids, having as many around the club that can recreate it in the next generation will be important.
Not sure it would have to be just a coaching role. I'm sure he could do a job for Sean in much the same way as the vastly underrated Hendrick did.

I know his interview suggested that he might be looking for a money move, rather than come back here, and who could blame him, but it's clear that he enjoyed his time here and I for one would love to see a fully fit Defour again.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:32 pm

I notice Bmouth are cost cutting and have made the jobs of 10 staff redundant. So maybe they would be happy to take £x-y for some players instead of £x

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am
Not sure it would have to be just a coaching role. I'm sure he could do a job for Sean in much the same way as the vastly underrated Hendrick did.

I know his interview suggested that he might be looking for a money move, rather than come back here, and who could blame him, but it's clear that he enjoyed his time here and I for one would love to see a fully fit Defour again.
Steven Defour is one of my favourite ever Clarets. Absolute class act. But I don't think there is any chance at all that Defour will ever be "fully fit" again and therefore will never play Premier League football for anyone - including BFC.

I'm sure he could end up back at Barnfield keeping fit (which is what he is hinting at in his interview) but his body can clearly no longer take the strain of the EPL.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:32 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:32 pm
I notice Bmouth are cost cutting and have made the jobs of 10 staff redundant. So maybe they would be happy to take £x-y for some players instead of £x
Trouble is their better players such as Brooks, Wilson etc. are out of our reach.

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Regarding Defour, if he really wanted to come back a pay as you play deal could work. Agree he is not a starter due to the physical demands of the league. But from the bench, what an option. He has the vision to craft chances and unlock defenses in the tight games.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:54 pm

I really do not think even if he declared himself fit he would be much use even off the bench. I really don't know what percentage of his problems with fitness are physical and what is mental with him as both these aspects take part in anyone's state of health and fitness.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:58 pm

leightonjameslegend wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:45 pm
Regarding Defour, if he really wanted to come back a pay as you play deal could work. Agree he is not a starter due to the physical demands of the league. But from the bench, what an option. He has the vision to craft chances and unlock defenses in the tight games.
I’d offer him a player/coach role & put him in charge of set pieces.

I read somewhere that City have a set-piece coach. Not sure if we have someone who’s specific role it is (?) but think it’s an area we could do with a bit more innovation/variation.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:33 pm

We have Dyche, Woan, Loughlan and Mercer to come up on set piece ideas
And throw in a curved ball - why not ask the players
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:49 pm
Steven Defour is one of my favourite ever Clarets. Absolute class act. But I don't think there is any chance at all that Defour will ever be "fully fit" again and therefore will never play Premier League football for anyone - including BFC.

I'm sure he could end up back at Barnfield keeping fit (which is what he is hinting at in his interview) but his body can clearly no longer take the strain of the EPL.
With all due respect, how do you know what Defour's body is currently like? He said in his interview that he feels really fit again, so who knows? He could solve a huge problem for us even if he's only half fit. His football brain would probably make up for any fitness deficiencies.

Class doesn't disappear, even if a degree of fitness does.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:47 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:33 pm
We have Dyche, Woan, Loughlan and Mercer to come up on set piece ideas
And throw in a curved ball - why not ask the players
We've improved greatly with our set pieces over the last few years, especially with Westwood & McNeil
We might not score "directly" from them, but most times they create chances

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 pm
With all due respect, how do you know what Defour's body is currently like? He said in his interview that he feels really fit again, so who knows? He could solve a huge problem for us even if he's only half fit. His football brain would probably make up for any fitness deficiencies.

I loved Defour and whilst I don’t know his fitness level the last 3 years and the number of times his body has broken down is a bit of clue !!
Call me cynical but when any player (however much we liked them) is looking for a new club / contract and says he is the fittest he’s been for a while you have to take that with a pinch of salt.

If Defour wants to talk to Dyche though and they can sort a deal which works for both of them I doubt many burnley fans would be disappointed....but as they say “it’s the hope that kills you !!”

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 pm

'He could solve a huge problem for us even if he's only half fit'

Really? Could you please identify that part of his fitness he could forego and still play in the English Premier league? I'm intrigued to find out.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:01 pm

brexit wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am
Isn't he a little injury prone?
I have no idea. I was only suggesting the possible reasoning being why we'd want a third right-back.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:58 pm
I’d offer him a player/coach role & put him in charge of set pieces.

I read somewhere that City have a set-piece coach. Not sure if we have someone who’s specific role it is (?) but think it’s an area we could do with a bit more innovation/variation.
Only 6 teams scored more goals from set pieces than we did last season and only three did the season before.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Westy needs to be utilised to coach the up and coming players on set pieces
His corners particularly have been awesome this season

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:43 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm
Only 6 teams scored more goals from set pieces than we did last season and only three did the season before.
Surprised we’re not higher up the set piece table, really. Last few years I’ve felt they’re our main (and sometimes, only) threat.

Maybe I didn’t make my point clearly - they’re a strength for us and I appreciate them as much as some free-flowing football with a tap in at the end. Just that ours are becoming as predictable as they are effective. At some point, teams will work out how to defend against them or not give them away, so I think we need to add some variety.

Happy to play the balls in to Tarks/Mee for the knockdowns 80% of the time but would be good to have a few different ones - low FKs, short corner routines, etc. - ideally aligned to how our opposition set up (or don’t).

Sure it was after Phil Fodens goal vs City that Pep said was a routine their “set-piece coach” had devised having watched how we set up at corners.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:44 pm

It doesn’t seem that long ago that we never scored from set pieces

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm
Westy needs to be utilised to coach the up and coming players on set pieces
His corners particularly have been awesome this season
Yep would badly miss them.

Another reason I’d like Eliasson because if we were ever without Westwood in the middle, he’s able to whip in some very good crosses.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:44 pm
It doesn’t seem that long ago that we never scored from set pieces
Maybe next season we’ll start winning penalties?! :lol: :lol:

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:48 pm
'He could solve a huge problem for us even if he's only half fit'

Really? Could you please identify that part of his fitness he could forego and still play in the English Premier league? I'm intrigued to find out.
He says he's fully fit, so if he's as fit as when he first arrived here, he'd be able to do at least 60 mins. 60 mins of HIS class could win us quite a few games. If he fitter than that, all the better. He certainly can't be any worse than Brady, who some on here rave about.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:10 pm

I don't understand the comparison with a current player to highlight his supposed fitness. However, the game at our level and no doubt other levels gets increasingly more difficult to compete in and a club such as ours needs everyone in the squad to be of a level of fitness that sees them available for 30+ games a.season. We do appear to have some players who don't fit this requirement just now and that is a management problem. Adding to that list is just pure folly imo.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:10 pm
I don't understand the comparison with a current player to highlight his supposed fitness. However, the game at our level and no doubt other levels gets increasingly more difficult to compete in and a club such as ours needs everyone in the squad to be of a level of fitness that sees them available for 30+ games a.season. We do appear to have some players who don't fit this requirement just now and that is a management problem. Adding to that list is just pure folly imo.
I wasn't comparing fitness levels, I was comparing ability.

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:27 pm

I honestly can't see taking on a 32 year old midfielder who only played 11 times for Royal Antwerp last season in a league which is not comparable to the Premier League. It'd take him half a season to get up to levels required for the Premier League. Even if he still had moments of 'class'. I'd wager the other 9 outfield players would be having to carry him for most of the rest of it. We can't afford that with an already wafer thin squad.
At best offer him a coaching role if it's suits all parties.
These 2 users liked this post: Silkyskills1 FactualFrank

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:49 pm
. If he fitter than that, all the better. He certainly can't be any worse than Brady, who some on here rave about.
???

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:43 pm

leightonjameslegend wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:45 pm
You cant offer a pay as you play deal, not at this level. You can in non-league with former pros who want to give something back. No elite athlete in their right mind would risk it. Besides, managers are thinking 3 or 4 games in advance - you don't want to be having a player who is 'touch-and-go' all the time.

Injuries are the reason Defour signed for Burnley Football Club, we were the Premier League team who took the punt on him. He was good when fit, but as soon as it became clear Burnley FC wasn't going to be a stepping stone to a bigger club, (or for whatever reason), both parties moved on amicably.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 pm

I’d be flabbergasted if Defour was to return. I’m not sure a complimentary interview can be classed as anyone other than just that.

For all Defour is a fantastic player, he has unfortunately spent too much time on the injury table and he’s only getting older, which isn’t going to help the situation.

As for him being a coach, is this even something that he is interested in and would he even be any good at it? Just because he was a cracking player doesn’t mean we should be bringing him in as a coach!!

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:09 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 pm

As for him being a coach, is this even something that he is interested in and would he even be any good at it? Just because he was a cracking player doesn’t mean we should be bringing him in as a coach!!
I was thinking more young players and working up. I wasn't suggesting the first team. He's a former Belgium International. He'd surely have some tips and contributions.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm

I’d assume he would have plenty to offer, but whether he’s cut out for coaching (or indeed wants to) is perhaps another matter.

I just wish that we could have got, and kept, him fit.

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:13 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm
I’d assume he would have plenty to offer, but whether he’s cut out for coaching (or indeed wants to) is perhaps another matter.

I just wish that we could have got, and kept, him fit.
He's doing his coaching badges.
This user liked this post: DCWat

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Koiki looking to impress at Charlton.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=37182

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Santamaria is a definite target I’ve been told. We’re looking to complete a deal. It’s not just paper talk. We were interested in Matty Cash but Forest wanted too much. We offered Gibson as part of the deal but he refused the move. Putting on hold a move for RB till January. Looking at completing 4 deals in total. Dyche still wants the CFS redeveloped too.
This user liked this post: superdimitri

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Who told you this info nyc your next door neighbour?

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 pm
Who told you this info nyc your next door neighbour?
:lol:

bodge
Been Liked: 725 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by bodge » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Santamaria is a definite target I’ve been told. We’re looking to complete a deal. It’s not just paper talk. We were interested in Matty Cash but Forest wanted too much. We offered Gibson as part of the deal but he refused the move. Putting on hold a move for RB till January. Looking at completing 4 deals in total. Dyche still wants the CFS redeveloped too.
Not considered redevelopment of the ground but it may well be the opportune time to do this given the pandemic and the likelihood of reduced attendances, there will of course be a long lead time i would think if this was on the board's agenda.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

bodge wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Not considered redevelopment of the ground but it may well be the opportune time to do this given the pandemic and the likelihood of reduced attendances, there will of course be a long lead time i would think if this was on the board's agenda.
Such a shame we didn’t have approved plans in place. Can never understand why we don’t get the plans drawn up & approved even if there’s no immediate start planned. Now we’d have 12 months design & planning work to do before we could lay a shovel in the ground. We’ll all be back then.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:05 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:32 pm
[/quot

Reprted that SD is interested in their right back. Smith

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Dyche still wants the CFS redeveloped too.
[/quote]

I'm fine thanks.
These 2 users liked this post: Sutton-Claret Quicknick

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:24 am

If we can sign Peter Crouch and use him as a lamppost in the last few mins we can certainly sign Detour.

We wasted more money on the likes of Gibson, Walters and Crouch than Detour.

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:01 am

superdimitri wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:24 am
If we can sign Peter Crouch and use him as a lamppost in the last few mins we can certainly sign Detour.

We wasted more money on the likes of Gibson, Walters and Crouch than Detour.
A valid point possibly but I think it’s time to move on. His career has gone in a different direction ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Paranoid Zlatan

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:20 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Just in case you are right I thought I would just try and nudge the post count on this thread to 1000 before we make a proper signing

middleton claret
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by middleton claret » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Chilwell,s gone to Chelsea for £50 million - expect incoming bid for Charlie Taylor.

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Down_Rover wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:20 pm
Just in case you are right I thought I would just try and nudge the post count on this thread to 1000 before we make a proper signing
If Santamaria comes in can we make the song of the same name the new goal celebration music.....