Burnley in crisis

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Burnley in crisis

Post by Grumps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Anybody pay for this who can tell us what it says

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... airman-no/

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Re: Burnley in crisis

Post by claret2018 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 pm

I don't pay for it but I can tell you it will be an article comprised of second-hand gossip and weeks-old rumours, sprinkled with some opinions based on a glance of this forum.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 pm

It’s the old “ accident waiting to happen “ by the looks of it . What can’t be denied is we ARE threadbare , OUR best players could be sold and we have NO new incomings , There ARE buyers d1cking around AND Dyche and Garlick are hardly “ close” . A recipe for disaster for many media scribes with pens almost aloft . Then again we’ve proved them wrong over and over again .

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Its a very good article but according to them its two American consortium's fighting for control and not the Egyptians

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Local cricketer wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:27 pm
Its a very good article but according to them its two American consortium's fighting for control and not the Egyptians
Does it say how close these possible takeovers are?

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Grumps wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm
Does it say how close these possible takeovers are?
Somebody copy and paste the article in here please?

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Tall Paul has provided the link above
Last edited by randomclaret2 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Cheers

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:22 pm

"Two rival bidders are competing to take ownership of the Lancashire club"

Very sceptical about this and think a lot has been magnified to appear worse than what it actually is. No signings at this stage of the window is half expected, too.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Very sceptical about this and think a lot has been magnified to appear worse than what it actually is. No signings at this stage of the window is half expected, too.
I always thought it was common that clubs stopped spending money when in the takeover process. Something is obviously happening
This user liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 pm

What happened to the so called Egyptian lot looking to takeover?

Does anyone on here have any info on a potential takeover?
What’s the worth of the two sets of Americans? Who are they etc?

We need something to move on quickly either way in my opinion or I think Dyche will walk when a job comes up mid season - then I think we are in deep trouble.

That being said Dyche is handsomely paid and has a very secure job here so the grass isn’t always greener as others have seen in the past

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Has The Daily Telegraph made it up ?

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 pm
Has The Daily Telegraph made it up ?
Not like a newspaper to take gossip and make a story out of it :)
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Does anyone on here have any info on a potential takeover?
What’s the worth of the two sets of Americans? Who are they etc?

We need something to move on quickly either way in my opinion or I think Dyche will walk when a job comes up mid season - then I think we are in deep trouble.

That being said Dyche is handsomely paid and has a very secure job here so the grass isn’t always greener as others have seen in the past
The owners of Aston Villa are Egyptian and American, I think the bid originated in America - so it was an American bid - The Egyptian has put in the most money. I wouldn't get too hung up on that bit there are plenty of other examples like that too featuring different nationalities. It is American Private Equity companies that are doing the leg work on these deals for Rich People from around the world.

I have been posting extensively on this kind of activity for some time now on the MMT thread

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by bfcmatt » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Grumps wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:59 pm
Anybody pay for this who can tell us what it says

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... airman-no/
Burnley are in crisis with manager Sean Dyche and chairman Mike Garlick's relationship having severely deteriorated and the club’s drastic need for new signings thrown into turmoil by the prospect of a takeover.

Two rival bidders are competing to take ownership of the Lancashire club but the timing of a potential buyout is wreaking havoc, with attempts to strengthen a threadbare squad before the close of the transfer window in less than three weeks’ time.

Senior sources have told Telegraph Sport that:

The relationship between Dyche and Garlick, once one of the closest manager-chairman dynamics in the top flight, has soured to the point where they now talk far less frequently
Two American consortiums are battling to win control of Burnley but uncertainty over the future of the club has complicated recruitment plans
Burnley remain hopeful of making at least a couple of signings before the close of the window on Oct 5 but first team players are worried about the lack of reinforcements
Six senior players - Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Robbie Brady, Matt Lowton, Kevin Long and Phil Bardsley - are out of contract next summer and the club face a battle to keep some of them.
Burnley have yet to make a significant signing ahead of their opening Premier League match at Leicester on Sunday, despite losing Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and Joe Hart at the end of last season. The club have been linked with the Mainz and Sweden attacking midfielder, Robin Quaison, but there are growing fears about the forthcoming campaign with just 18 senior outfield players on the club’s books.

Sean Dyche with chairman Mike Garlick after signing new contract
Sean Dyche with chairman Mike Garlick after signing new contract CREDIT: Burnley FC
To compound matters, three of those players - captain Ben Mee, midfielder Cork and forward Ashley Barnes - are expected to miss the Leicester game through injury and Burnley face a battle to keep centre-half James Tarkowski, who is wanted by West Ham and Leicester.

For years, Burnley have been one of the country’s best run clubs and, for the past four seasons, they have punched considerably above their weight thanks to Dyche’s impressive management and eye for untapped talent.

They finished 10th last term, equalling their Premier League record haul of 54 points from 2017/18, when they came seventh and qualified for Europe for the first time for 51 years.

But problems have been mounting behind the scenes at Turf Moor for some time.

After years spent unearthing hidden talents, from Tarkowski to goalkeeper Nick Pope, Dyche had hoped for increased investment in the playing squad this summer by targeting more established players.

Yet Garlick has appeared reluctant to alter the model that has worked so well for the club under his watch, a position that seems to have been hardened during talks over a prospective sale. Sources claim that this, in turn, has deepened tensions with the manager.

It has left Burnley in a state of limbo and a position where they are unable to compete for some of the players pursued by rivals such as Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Newcastle United.

For example, winger Ryan Fraser joined Newcastle on a free transfer from Bournemouth last week but his mooted £100,000 a week wage demands meant he was never even an option for Burnley, whose top earners are on around half of that sum.

New signing Ryan Fraser poses for photographs holding a home shirt pitchside at St.James' Park
Burnley have missed out on key targets such as Ryan Fraser CREDIT: Getty Images
Similarly, the highest fee Burnley have ever paid for a player is £15m - the cost of signing Chris Wood and Ben Gibson from Leeds United and Middlesbrough respectively. Villa, by contrast, have just signed forward Ollie Watkins for £28m after a stand-out season with Brentford in the Championship - a deal Burnley could never have countenanced.

Dyche publicly struggled to conceal his frustration at the situation when the Premier League resumed in June, and hit out at the club's failure to extend the contracts of players whose original deals were due to expire at the end of that month.

"We have let contracts run a long way down unfortunately," he said. "It is with the chairman now and I will wait and see what the chairman does with it because I am not in that loop."

Senior players are also known to have raised their growing concerns with the manager.

Dyche's exasperation is understood to have only increased in subsequent months as he faces the prospect of again being asked to work wonders on a meagre budget with a thin, ageing squad. “The main difficulty is finance, it has always been difficult here,” Dyche said this week. “It’s a challenge, we know that, the group needs reinforcements as we’ve lost players at the end of lockdown, good players who have served the club well. We are looking but it is not an easy situation when you are looking at the finances.”

Dyche had warned the club for two years about the perils of running down players’ contracts and is worried about a repeat with the likes of Cork, 31, and Westwood, 30, loyal servants and key assets who warrant improved contracts and who would be expensive to replace.

With two years left on his own contract, which is worth £3.5million annually including bonuses, Dyche seems unlikely to be going anywhere unless a club comes in for his services but it remains to be seen what changes a potential takeover would bring about.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Fwiw. My knowledge of the potential investment/takeover goes no further than the following. I was told of a meeting (by a Rovers supporting family member who works for the council so has no great pleasure telling me) between American accented businessmen a number of weeks ago regards BFC and it was with various local and county dignitaries.
The Egyptian link was something, which mentioned above, far too much emphasis was placed on his place of birth as opposed to his place of residence.
What I have gleaned since is that they are wanting to invest in the NW, not just BFC. Hence why I said DJW's posts tallied with what I have heard.
I was led to believe they were involved in California based tech but am now led to believe that may not be entirely accurate. It may just be where the Private Equity company Chester Perry refers to are based.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:45 pm

Cat 1 academy and no debt....some crisis!

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:48 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:45 pm
And frozen season tickets again

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:49 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm
Fwiw. My knowledge of the potential investment/takeover goes no further than the following. I was told of a meeting (by a Rovers supporting family member who works for the council so has no great pleasure telling me) between American accented businessmen a number of weeks ago regards BFC and it was with various local and county dignitaries.
The Egyptian link was something, which mentioned above, far too much emphasis was placed on his place of birth as opposed to his place of residence.
What I have gleaned since is that they are wanting to invest in the NW, not just BFC. Hence why I said DJW's posts tallied with what I have heard.
I was led to believe they were involved in California based tech but am now led to believe that may not be entirely accurate. It may just be where the Private Equity company Chester Perry refers to are based.
The Northern Powerhouse is attracting a lot of external investment enquiries, but if things like this are stalled then it might deter some kinds of investment, which is why they are getting so uppity about it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... artnership

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm
The owners of Aston Villa are Egyptian and American, I think the bid originated in America - so it was an American bid - The Egyptian has put in the most money. I wouldn't get too hung up on that bit there are plenty of other examples like that too featuring different nationalities. It is American Private Equity companies that are doing the leg work on these deals for Rich People from around the world.

I have been posting extensively on this kind of activity for some time now on the MMT thread
Thanks Chester - knowing little about the subject I’d like to read up a bit on that

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:49 pm
The Northern Powerhouse is attracting a lot of external investment enquiries, but if things like this are stalled then it might deter some kinds of investment, which is why they are getting so uppity about it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... artnership
Yes I read that. Liverpool FC are none best pleased about it either but that's for another time.
It would make sense if the investor is keen on the wider long term health of the 'Northern Powerhouse' and would suggest they're a serious investor. Of course every deal is fraught with risk but if it's creating wealth, good for the local economy and strengthens the club. It can only be a good thing.
Like I say. Last I heard, the meeting's seemed to go well.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:45 pm
Absolutely. The article is just spin...cup half empty sort of stuff. There may be an element of truth in some of it but taking a pragmatic view you have got to say that we are far from a club in crisis.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Corky wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm
Absolutely. The article is just spin...cup half empty sort of stuff. There may be an element of truth in some of it but taking a pragmatic view you have got to say that we are far from a club in crisis.
Remember the buckets after the ITV digital thing collapsed? That's more like crisis.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:11 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Remember the buckets after the ITV digital thing collapsed? That's more like crisis.
Take a look at Wigan and Charlton
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

AshevilleNCClaret
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by AshevilleNCClaret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm

bfcmatt wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm
Burnley are in crisis with manager Sean Dyche and chairman Mike Garlick's relationship having severely deteriorated and the club’s drastic need for new signings thrown into turmoil by the prospect of a takeover.

Two rival bidders are competing to take ownership of the Lancashire club but the timing of a potential buyout is wreaking havoc, with attempts to strengthen a threadbare squad before the close of the transfer window in less than three weeks’ time.

Senior sources have told Telegraph Sport that:

The relationship between Dyche and Garlick, once one of the closest manager-chairman dynamics in the top flight, has soured to the point where they now talk far less frequently
Two American consortiums are battling to win control of Burnley but uncertainty over the future of the club has complicated recruitment plans
Burnley remain hopeful of making at least a couple of signings before the close of the window on Oct 5 but first team players are worried about the lack of reinforcements
Six senior players - Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Robbie Brady, Matt Lowton, Kevin Long and Phil Bardsley - are out of contract next summer and the club face a battle to keep some of them.
Burnley have yet to make a significant signing ahead of their opening Premier League match at Leicester on Sunday, despite losing Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and Joe Hart at the end of last season. The club have been linked with the Mainz and Sweden attacking midfielder, Robin Quaison, but there are growing fears about the forthcoming campaign with just 18 senior outfield players on the club’s books.

Sean Dyche with chairman Mike Garlick after signing new contract
Sean Dyche with chairman Mike Garlick after signing new contract CREDIT: Burnley FC
To compound matters, three of those players - captain Ben Mee, midfielder Cork and forward Ashley Barnes - are expected to miss the Leicester game through injury and Burnley face a battle to keep centre-half James Tarkowski, who is wanted by West Ham and Leicester.

For years, Burnley have been one of the country’s best run clubs and, for the past four seasons, they have punched considerably above their weight thanks to Dyche’s impressive management and eye for untapped talent.

They finished 10th last term, equalling their Premier League record haul of 54 points from 2017/18, when they came seventh and qualified for Europe for the first time for 51 years.

But problems have been mounting behind the scenes at Turf Moor for some time.

After years spent unearthing hidden talents, from Tarkowski to goalkeeper Nick Pope, Dyche had hoped for increased investment in the playing squad this summer by targeting more established players.

Yet Garlick has appeared reluctant to alter the model that has worked so well for the club under his watch, a position that seems to have been hardened during talks over a prospective sale. Sources claim that this, in turn, has deepened tensions with the manager.

It has left Burnley in a state of limbo and a position where they are unable to compete for some of the players pursued by rivals such as Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Newcastle United.

For example, winger Ryan Fraser joined Newcastle on a free transfer from Bournemouth last week but his mooted £100,000 a week wage demands meant he was never even an option for Burnley, whose top earners are on around half of that sum.

New signing Ryan Fraser poses for photographs holding a home shirt pitchside at St.James' Park
Burnley have missed out on key targets such as Ryan Fraser CREDIT: Getty Images
Similarly, the highest fee Burnley have ever paid for a player is £15m - the cost of signing Chris Wood and Ben Gibson from Leeds United and Middlesbrough respectively. Villa, by contrast, have just signed forward Ollie Watkins for £28m after a stand-out season with Brentford in the Championship - a deal Burnley could never have countenanced.

Dyche publicly struggled to conceal his frustration at the situation when the Premier League resumed in June, and hit out at the club's failure to extend the contracts of players whose original deals were due to expire at the end of that month.

"We have let contracts run a long way down unfortunately," he said. "It is with the chairman now and I will wait and see what the chairman does with it because I am not in that loop."

Senior players are also known to have raised their growing concerns with the manager.

Dyche's exasperation is understood to have only increased in subsequent months as he faces the prospect of again being asked to work wonders on a meagre budget with a thin, ageing squad. “The main difficulty is finance, it has always been difficult here,” Dyche said this week. “It’s a challenge, we know that, the group needs reinforcements as we’ve lost players at the end of lockdown, good players who have served the club well. We are looking but it is not an easy situation when you are looking at the finances.”

Dyche had warned the club for two years about the perils of running down players’ contracts and is worried about a repeat with the likes of Cork, 31, and Westwood, 30, loyal servants and key assets who warrant improved contracts and who would be expensive to replace.

With two years left on his own contract, which is worth £3.5million annually including bonuses, Dyche seems unlikely to be going anywhere unless a club comes in for his services but it remains to be seen what changes a potential takeover would bring about.
I find the article a bit far-reaching at times...specifically
"Six senior players - Jack Cork, Ashley Westwood, Robbie Brady, Matt Lowton, Kevin Long and Phil Bardsley - are out of contract next summer and the club face a battle to keep some of them.".... no one is clamoring to sign these players unless they offer ridiculous wages.

And true, Villa spent 28 million for Watkins which we can't match, but they didn't really analyze the deal. Spend 28 million for a 24 year old unproven striker? Unless he plays out of this world, that kind of debt is a recipe for relegation. High-wage players don't particularly like playing the championship and that massive drop in income after relegation makes teams wanting to get rid of players off their books. Look at Bournemouth, they got rid of like half their team (Ake, Ramsdale, Fraser, Callum Wilson).

The only truth is that we cannot compete, long-term, on wages. But honestly, we already knew that, and I think SD knows that. And that, ultimately, will be why SD will leave.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm
I find the article a bit far-reaching at times...specifically

The only truth is that we cannot compete, long-term, on wages. But honestly, we already knew that, and I think SD knows that. And that, ultimately, will be why SD will leave.
But we can compete on managers' wages!

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:29 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm
But we can compete on managers' wages!
that is because we are probably one of a small number of club's that pay it's manager substantially more than any of the players - it tells you who we think is the most important to the club

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:29 pm
that is because we are probably one of a small number of club's that pay it's manager substantially more than any of the players - it tells you who we think is the most important to the club
Not just this. You can't, in any form of business. Have an employee earning more than his boss. There has to be a hierarchy.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm
Not just this. You can't, in any form of business. Have an employee earning more than his boss. There has to be a hierarchy.
But there are numerous players in the EPL who earn more than their managers.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm
I have worked in many businesses where workers earn more than managers - it was also quite common in mills and factories where piece work rates were in operation - it really isn't that unusual

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm

Did we need a media article to tell us this?

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm
I have worked in many businesses where workers earn more than managers - it was also quite common in mills and factories where piece work rates were in operation - it really isn't that unusual
On a basic salary? I'll bow to your expertise but for me. A manager has to earn more than the employee otherwise the entire structure has broken down. There has to be a pyramid system. No wonder players have the power they have.
I can't imagine managing an employee earning more than me. Defeats the object of being a manager.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm
On a basic salary? I'll bow to your expertise but for me. A manager has to earn more than the employee otherwise the entire structure has broken down. There has to be a pyramid system. No wonder players have the power they have.
I can't imagine managing an employee earning more than me. Defeats the object of being a manager.
Just look at today's news Grealish signs £135k pw 5 year deal - you cannot imagine that Dean Smith is on that kind of money

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Just look at today's news Grealish signs £135k pw 5 year deal - you cannot imagine that Dean Smith is on that kind of money
I agree but that's my point. We have a hierarchy and that is something I'd never want us to change regardless of if we got a new owner/investor.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 pm
It happens a lot where there are productivity bonuses. the hardest workers can earn more than the lower end management. However, the management have other benefits like long-term security

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:59 pm

when you read figures like that, and see how many people are genuinely struggling with debts and providing even a basic support for themselves or families, its quite disturbing.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 pm
A good salesman will earn more than his sales manager, that's standard

BenWickes

Post by BenWickes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:02 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 pm
It happens a lot where there are productivity bonuses. the hardest workers can earn more than the lower end management. However, the management have other benefits like long-term security
Oh I get that. Put the hours in. Come out with more pay than boss man. Done that myself. Just as a basic salary would just not be right imo.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Many things come across as quite disturbing.

Gary Lineker making headline news that he has accepted a £400k a year pay cut.

If you see him on the pavement outside BBC Television Centre spare a few coppers so he can buy a packet of crisps. :lol:
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:15 pm
Many things come across as quite disturbing.

Gary Lineker making headline news that he has accepted a £400k a year pay cut.

If you see him on the pavement outside BBC Television Centre spare a few coppers so he can buy a packet of crisps. :lol:
It is why he is taking in a lodger

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm
It is why he is taking in a lodger
Lodgers for Codgers.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Lodgers for Codgers.
actually a refugee, but he might be on a double play to bounce his earnings - all to show an MP up which to be fair is not the worst reason, but not the best either

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 pm

As regards Grealish being paid more than Dean Smith who will Villa find it easier and less costly to replace?

At least If SD goes to Villa he can forget about being paid more than the star players. :D

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 pm
As regards Grealish being paid more than Dean Smith who will Villa find it easier and less costly to replace?

At least If SD goes to Villa he can forget about being paid more than the star players. :D
I've had a look at some info on managers' salaries. TBF Sean Dyche is around 10th on the scale, which would be about right, I doubt our players are pulling 10th place wages though.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:08 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 pm
actually a refugee, but he might be on a double play to bounce his earnings - all to show an MP up which to be fair is not the worst reason, but not the best either
PR stunt, bet it never happens.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 pm
I've had a look at some info on managers' salaries. TBF Sean Dyche is around 10th on the scale, which would be about right, I doubt our players are pulling 10th place wages though.
Aren't most of our salaries heavily performance related, i.e. bonuses for league placing, surely that will be true of the gaffer as well, hence why he's due a hefty payment in January.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 pm
They walked, like an Egyptian.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:47 pm

The article is part of a betting scam to encourage more fools to put money on Burnley to get relegated, methinks.
This user liked this post: Chester Perry

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 pm

"What happened to the so called Egyptian lot looking to take over"?

Turned out they were running a Pyramid Scam.