Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:10 pm
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... fa-877914/

Andy Ngo as reported on by Rolling Stone.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasf ... one/%3famp

Rolling stone as reported by mediabiasfactcheck

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:09 pm
Anyone left of Owen Jones is far right on here
Im guessing you meant right of Owen Jones as in the same way that anyone on here to the left of Dominic Reive is an Antifa loving marxist

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Im guessing you meant right of Owen Jones as in the same way that anyone on here to the left of Dominic Reive is an Antifa loving marxist
Yes pal. You know the score.
Surprised you had a nibble at that one :lol:
Everything ok?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Yes pal. You know the score.
Surprised you had a nibble at that one :lol:
Everything ok?
All good and all friendly fire :D
This user liked this post: Damo

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasf ... one/%3famp

Rolling stone as reported by mediabiasfactcheck
Rated “high” with factual reporting,

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm
Rated “high” with factual reporting,
"These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy."

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 pm
"These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy."
So, factual, but with a liberal bias? They haven’t made this up then?

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:24 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 pm
So, factual, but with a liberal bias? They haven’t made this up then?
Its not like you to cometely ignore things, and just decide how they are according to your own thoughts pal

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:24 pm
Its not like you to cometely ignore things, and just decide how they are according to your own thoughts pal
I would take factual with right or left bias, over non factual any day. Wouldn’t you?

PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 pm

What I think Damo is really trying to say is that yes, Rolling Stone have a reputation for factual reporting but because they are left-leaning we should ignore them.

Yes, they're right about Ngo, but please ignore them because they don't align with Damos political views.

This is one of the things I've noticed about the right, and to a lesser extent on the left, the actual facts of a report don't matter to them if they can demonstrate any kind of political bias. Then they'll go around telling you "facts don't care about your feelings", which I find quite amusing.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:25 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:53 pm
I would take factual with right or left bias, over non factual any day. Wouldn’t you?
Yes I'd take factual with a right or left bias, but in this instance we are talking about the opinion of a journalist, from a publication described as being misleading and untrustworthy in the following (which I've posted above)

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 pm
What I think Damo is really trying to say is that yes, Rolling Stone have a reputation for factual reporting but because they are left-leaning we should ignore them.

Yes, they're right about Ngo, but please ignore them because they don't align with Damos political views.

This is one of the things I've noticed about the right, and to a lesser extent on the left, the actual facts of a report don't matter to them if they can demonstrate any kind of political bias. Then they'll go around telling you "facts don't care about your feelings", which I find quite amusing.
I was pretty clear in what I was saying Charlie
I've quoted mediabiasfactcheck again, above just incase you are struggling pal

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Yes I'd take factual with a right or left bias, but in this instance we are talking about the opinion of a journalist, from a publication described as being misleading and untrustworthy in the following (which I've posted above)

In no way does that say that rolling stone is" described as being misleading and untrustworthy".

How can you read media bias fact checks generic warning that some sources with a political leaning "may" be untrustworthy and think that it is a specific statement on this specific source? Were you being deliberately misleading?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm
I was pretty clear in what I was saying Charlie
I've quoted mediabiasfactcheck again, above just incase you are struggling pal

You conveniently chose not to quote what they said specifically about Rolling Stone.

For any one else reading this, what damo did was quote the first part of a 2 part section of the Rolling Stone page on a well respected website intended to be a sort of directory of news sites with an analysis of their quality in terms of how factual they are, and how impartial they are.

Rolling Stone a is regarded, fairly, as having a Left Bias and on all pages where a news site is considered to have a left bias the following statement appears -

"These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources."

However, below this generic, broadly applied statement to all pages of site with a left biad, they also include a bullet point that specifically refers to the site that the page is for, and for some reason Damo has chosen to omit this and ignore it. Twice. See if you can figure out why.

"Overall, we rate Rolling Stone Left Biased based on strongly left-leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record."

Is Damo always this dishonest?

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:55 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 pm
In no way does that say that rolling stone is" described as being misleading and untrustworthy".

How can you read media bias fact checks generic warning that some sources with a political leaning "may" be untrustworthy and think that it is a specific statement on this specific source? Were you being deliberately misleading?
It says exactly that Charlie. I'm sure they post some news thats factual, but to completely discredit someone, based on an opinion from an employee from a left wing magazine is more than a bit silly.
I know you post some factual stuff from time to time, but I don't think anyone would trust you to write a reference for someone who posts videos of criminal activity by antifa.
Yet you and Andrew are more inclined to take rolling stones opinion as gospel and completely disregard what mediabiasfactcheck and they person who tweeted something, based on nothing more than your own personal bias.
This is why its funny when you get upset and start calling everyone fascist. You have quite a few of those traits yourself

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4242 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:55 pm
It says exactly that Charlie. I'm sure they post some news thats factual, but to completely discredit someone, based on an opinion from an employee from a left wing magazine is more than a bit silly.
I know you post some factual stuff from time to time, but I don't think anyone would trust you to write a reference for someone who posts videos of criminal activity by antifa.
Yet you and Andrew are more inclined to take rolling stones opinion as gospel and completely disregard what mediabiasfactcheck and they person who tweeted something, based on nothing more than your own personal bias.
This is why its funny when you get upset and start calling everyone fascist. You have quite a few of those traits yourself
This is what your source says about Rolling Stone.

"Overall, we rate Rolling Stone Left Biased based on strongly left-leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record." (emphasis mine)

How can you use that source to claim it’s an untrustworthy publication, irrespective of its political leanings? Or are you claiming that you won’t believe any left-leaning source, even if it’s full of factual, properly sourced info, preferring to take the word of the guy who hangs around with Patriot Prayer, writes for Quillette, and is used as a source by Ringo?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:55 pm
I have no problem with MBFC, i think everything they said about Rolling Stone is true. I'm saying you are lying about what MBFC have said. And I've demonstrated how you're lying.

You dishonestly used a generic statement about all Left Bias rated stories warning that they May sometimes be dishonest and lied in claiming that it was a specific reference to Rolling Stone.

And don't think it hasn't been noticed that while you're complaining about how people might base their opinions og Andy Ngo on "an opinion from an employee from a left wing magazine" (this is untrue because the editor Green lit the article, and the article cites numerous sources and verifiable facts), you seem to have had absolutely no problem with Ringo using Andy Ngo as a source and didn't bother to try and discredit him as being biased at all. Odd.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 pm

I wonder if that's going to be a noticeable theme from Dishonest Damo (I can do fun nicknames too), where he only objects to a source's bias when their bias is of a Left-wing nature. I'll keep an eye on who and what he uses as his information sources in future.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:26 pm

Anyway, while I'm here, and before my nurse finds out I'm on the Internet again, what do we call a group of people who physically block access to polling stations?

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 pm

Lefties. :geek:
This user liked this post: KateR

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 pm

AndrewJB, PeterWilton, Damo, Greenmile, et al - are you Burnley fans? Odd I never see posts from you in the football threads but lots of exchanges in a Donald Trump thread while a match is on?!?

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:03 pm
This is what your source says about Rolling Stone.

"Overall, we rate Rolling Stone Left Biased based on strongly left-leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record." (emphasis mine)

How can you use that source to claim it’s an untrustworthy publication, irrespective of its political leanings? Or are you claiming that you won’t believe any left-leaning source, even if it’s full of factual, properly sourced info, preferring to take the word of the guy who hangs around with Patriot Prayer, writes for Quillette, and is used as a source by Ringo?
Forgive me if I don't get caught up in replying to several different posters, from the exact same political standpoint as each other, posting pretty much the exact same thing, but I'm not going to be on for long. So I'm just going to reply to Charlie's new profile
You said pretty much what he did anyway, so you can pretend I'm replying to you from now on if you like.
Also, quote the entire media bias review instead of just the bit you liked the look of please. Dont be a turtle

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 pm
AndrewJB, PeterWilton, Damo, Greenmile, et al - are you Burnley fans? Odd I never see posts from you in the football threads but lots of exchanges in a Donald Trump thread while a match is on?!?
I was watching the game pal. Not reading about it on here like you uber fans

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:07 pm
I have no problem with MBFC, i think everything they said about Rolling Stone is true. I'm saying you are lying about what MBFC have said. And I've demonstrated how you're lying.

You dishonestly used a generic statement about all Left Bias rated stories warning that they May sometimes be dishonest and lied in claiming that it was a specific reference to Rolling Stone.

And don't think it hasn't been noticed that while you're complaining about how people might base their opinions og Andy Ngo on "an opinion from an employee from a left wing magazine" (this is untrue because the editor Green lit the article, and the article cites numerous sources and verifiable facts), you seem to have had absolutely no problem with Ringo using Andy Ngo as a source and didn't bother to try and discredit him as being biased at all. Odd.
Did you read the rolling stone article Charlie? It was basically all based on the words of an unknown source, with unconfirmed footage. On a page noted as being untrustworthy, and left leaning, forgive me for not accepting it as cast iron proof that someone else was lying.
(I know you probably realise that this isn't an endorsement of the tweets that Ringo posted, but I'd expect no less of you than to take it as one)

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Did you read the rolling stone article Charlie? It was basically all based on the words of an unknown source, with unconfirmed footage. On a page noted as being untrustworthy, and left leaning, forgive me for not accepting it as cast iron proof that someone else was lying.
(I know you probably realise that this isn't an endorsement of the tweets that Ringo posted, but I'd expect no less of you than to take it as one)
OK. So you're switching tactics now to whining about it being an unknown source. The problem is it isn't an unknown source. The journalists at Mercury Portland know exactly who he is, and he provided video evidence of Andy Ngo being present and not doing any journalism as his Patriot Prayer friends talking about how they're going to instigate violence at a protest and what weapons to bring.

Obviously he didn't want his name being made public given the nature of the organisation he was undercover in, but that doesn't mean he's an unknown source. The journalists who reported on his work will know who he is.

Anyone with half a brain can understand why this guy doesn't want the world knowing who he is, but I'm willing to bet that for you the video evidence he provides isn't enough. Right? You've seen the video, I assume.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 pm
Why don’t you attempt reading a proper football thread?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:35 am

Damo wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Some people admit when they’ve got things wrong. It tends to be forgiven, and their reputation for honesty remains intact.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:53 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 am
Why don’t you attempt reading a proper football thread?
What is a proper football thread?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:13 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/stat ... 1389463553

He's a big fan of judging people on their genes. That's probably the first time that's ever happened with a world leader and is probably nothing to be too concerned about.

android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:13 am
https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/stat ... 1389463553

He's a big fan of judging people on their genes. That's probably the first time that's ever happened with a world leader and is probably nothing to be too concerned about.
Do you think it's worse than his opponent judging people by the colour of their skin? It's another grim choice at this election and I wouldn't like to have to pick one of them.

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am

The Donald is just winding up the Soros backed -my little pony- riot squad. :geek:

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm

android wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am
Do you think it's worse than his opponent judging people by the colour of their skin? It's another grim choice at this election and I wouldn't like to have to pick one of them.
You're going to have a hard time backing that up. Lol.

But even if it was true, are you trying to suggest that Trump doesn't judge people on the colour of their skin? Would you like to see the decades of legally documented racism from Trump? Or are you like "nah. They're both the same because Biden said once that black people were poor".

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Everytime this rapist-supporter posts I feel like my earlier point is being proven. That their ideology is entirely about ******* off libs. Lol. Its actually pretty funny if you think about it. We own them.
HahaYeah wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am
The Donald is just winding up the Soros backed -my little pony- riot squad. :geek:

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm

:lol: I love it when people post links to try and prove a point and it proves the exact opposite.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm

martin_p wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm
:lol: I love it when people post links to try and prove a point and it proves the exact opposite.

Its kinda funny how often Right-wing plans backfire.

android

Post by android » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:45 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm
You're going to have a hard time backing that up. Lol.

But even if it was true, are you trying to suggest that Trump doesn't judge people on the colour of their skin? Would you like to see the decades of legally documented racism from Trump? Or are you like "nah. They're both the same because Biden said once that black people were poor".
It's very easy actually.

I had not heard about Biden saying black people were poor. I don't follow American politics as closely as you. Biden does seem to regard all black people as the same. He recently said that you ain't black if you vote Republican and he has other form on the same subject.

I was just curious as to why you seem to be silent on Biden's racism when you have been so prolific with your anti Trump posts?
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Damo

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm

android wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:45 pm
snip/.....

I was just curious as to why you seem to be silent on Biden's racism when you have been so prolific with your anti Trump posts?

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:08 pm

android wrote:
It's very easy actually.

I had not heard about Biden saying black people were poor. I don't follow American politics as closely as you. Biden does seem to regard all black people as the same. He recently said that you ain't black if you vote Republican and he has other form on the same subject.

I think I know the answer

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm

android wrote:
It's very easy actually.

How is that racist again? Im sure you'll be happy to explain.

I think when Biden called black people poor That was closer to being racist than this, but anyone with any kind of common sense can understand what Biden meant, and because he doesn't have decades of documented racism to his name he deserves a benefit of the doubt that Trump doesn't deserve.

You ask most black people and they'll agree with Biden. Black people have a few names for other black people who vote for their oppressors, Oreo, Uncle Tom etc. All Biden was doing was agreeing with them. I think if he'd use either of those terms, however then it'd be racist.

Anyway, I look forward to you explaining how that is morally equivalent to trump's racism and white supremacist. You seem to think it makes them the same so I'm sure you'll be happy to share with the rest of us why.

Note: Biden also said he regretted his comment. Which is fair too. It can definitely be used against him by dishonest Trump apologists to try and paint him as if he is the same as the white supremacist, gene worshipping fascist.

android

Post by android » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 pm

It was racist because Biden was saying that a person's skin colour would determine their vote (at least if they happen to have been born black). It's racist to think that people of the same skin colour should hold the same political opinions and all vote for the same party. This is very basic to be honest and I think deep down you would agree despite your common sense (?) argument to the contrary, which made no sense! You get close to acknowledging the point, as later in your post, you commend Biden for expressing regret for his comment, after you had previously suggested there was nothing wrong.

I think it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even better if it is a political opponent - I practiced what I'm preaching with Corbyn over his racist comment about British Jews. The trouble with Biden is that it's not the only time he's said this kind of thing. I've also heard him say that "unlike black people, with a few notable exceptions, hispanic people have a diverse range of views". So he does seem to have this odd, and let's be frank - racist - view of black people.

I'm surprised you are playing the our racist is better than theirs card. Normally those identifying as politically left wing / "liberal" take a very all or nothing, one strike and you are out, approach to racism. I don't think Greenmile and others will be so forgiving of Biden - then again Damo might be on to something!

You have asked me to comment on Trump so I will at some point but I'm done for today.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 am

android wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 pm
It was racist because Biden was saying that a person's skin colour would determine their vote (at least if they happen to have been born black). It's racist to think that people of the same skin colour should hold the same political opinions and all vote for the same party. This is very basic to be honest and I think deep down you would agree despite your common sense (?) argument to the contrary, which made no sense! You get close to acknowledging the point, as later in your post, you commend Biden for expressing regret for his comment, after you had previously suggested there was nothing wrong.

I think it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even better if it is a political opponent - I practiced what I'm preaching with Corbyn over his racist comment about British Jews. The trouble with Biden is that it's not the only time he's said this kind of thing. I've also heard him say that "unlike black people, with a few notable exceptions, hispanic people have a diverse range of views". So he does seem to have this odd, and let's be frank - racist - view of black people.

I'm surprised you are playing the our racist is better than theirs card. Normally those identifying as politically left wing / "liberal" take a very all or nothing, one strike and you are out, approach to racism. I don't think Greenmile and others will be so forgiving of Biden - then again Damo might be on to something!

You have asked me to comment on Trump so I will at some point but I'm done for today.
I’ve pointed out anti-Semitic remarks made by Mogg, Braverman, and Johnson, but you’ve always insisted that Corbyn, who has not made any anti-Semitic remarks, is somehow the real anti-Semite, so I doubt we’ll see any balance from you on this.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 am

android wrote:
It was racist because Biden was saying that a person's skin colour...
This is where you've gone wrong mate, because he's not talking about skin colour there, he's talking about identity.
Last edited by PeterWilton on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:01 am

android wrote:
... , you commend Biden for expressing regret for his comment, after you had previously suggested there was nothing wrong.

I dont think you read me saying/suggesting there was nothing wrong with it. I just said it wasn't racist. If I did suggest there was nothing wrong with it it is only in the context of whether it's racist or not.

I commend him for regretting saying it because I don't think white people should be going around talking about what it means to be black, even if I agree with him.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 am

ImplodingTurtle wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:01 am
I dont think you read me saying/suggesting there was nothing wrong with it. I just said it wasn't racist. If I did suggest there was nothing wrong with it it is only in the context of whether it's racist or not.

I commend him for regretting saying it because I don't think white people should be going around talking about what it means to be black, even if I agree with him.

Getting nearer and nearer the asterisk filled rant

HahaYeah

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 am

President Trump Rally Crowd is UNBELIEVABLE in Swanton, OH :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0pjqi0kkY

android

Post by android » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 am
I’ve pointed out anti-Semitic remarks made by Mogg, Braverman, and Johnson, but you’ve always insisted that Corbyn, who has not made any anti-Semitic remarks, is somehow the real anti-Semite, so I doubt we’ll see any balance from you on this.
Oh, come on Andrew, your balanced views are well known. In your view, the use of the term Cultural Marxism amounted to vile anti-semitism but describing British Jews as fundamentally different to us true Brits was ok in the right context. I disagreed. And I didn't insist that Corbyn is an anti-semite so please don't misrepresent me. I reported his afore-mentioned obvious anti-semitic remarks but said it was not enough to convict him in my view, as people can make mistakes. Anyway, these issues have been done to death elsewhere, and we will continue to disagree on this, so let's not derail this thread.

Back on topic...I am going to go out on a limb...I'm guessing that you are fine with Biden's comments about black people. Am I right?

android

Post by android » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 am
This is where you've gone wrong mate, because he's not talking about skin colour there, he's talking about identity.
Well.....10/10 for creativity! That's alright then.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:25 am

android wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am
Oh, come on Andrew, your balanced views are well known. In your view, the use of the term Cultural Marxism amounted to vile anti-semitism but describing British Jews as fundamentally different to us true Brits was ok in the right context. I disagreed. And I didn't insist that Corbyn is an anti-semite so please don't misrepresent me. I reported his afore-mentioned obvious anti-semitic remarks but said it was not enough to convict him in my view, as people can make mistakes. Anyway, these issues have been done to death elsewhere, and we will continue to disagree on this, so let's not derail this thread.

Back on topic...I am going to go out on a limb...I'm guessing that you are fine with Biden's comments about black people. Am I right?
Again, as I’ve pointed out, Corbyn was referring to the six or so protesters who had heckled the Palestinian Ambassador, for not understanding the history or irony in his speech. Whereas Johnson’s novel depicted a Jewish man in an anti-Semitic way.

I’ve never claimed to be even handed on here. What I write is led by my opinions. And as for Biden, he wouldn’t have been my choice, and he could well have said racist things. It wouldn’t surprise me. Churchill was an outrageous racist, but he’d get my vote over Hitler any day. I see the choice for Americans as largely the same.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:35 pm

android wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 am
Well.....10/10 for creativity! That's alright then.
Well the alternative would mean that Biden is saying that some people with black skin literally don't have black skin, and that's just too dumb to be the truth. I get why it's one you'd want to believe though.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:57 pm
No surprise that Ringo 'lower than a snakes belly' is linking far right twitter accounts and misrepresenting them (or possibly not reading them and/or understanding the full story)

Even Ngo has posted a follow up tweet explaing he did not have the full details when he posted the original claim

So the day before all this happened the arrested suspect threatened his neighbour whilst brandishing a chain saw making them fear for their life. The suspect was obviously arrested.

A demonstration was then held outside this mans house (you can probably imagine his attitude to some of the people of the neighbourhood given the circumstances of his first arrest) and the man started brandishing a gun at the window.

The police were monitoring the situation and made contact with the man and on doing so discovered he was completely intoxicated. At this stage the police quite rightly arrested him for "endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon whilst under the influence of an intoxicant, disorderly conduct while armed and bail jumping" - yes he jumped bail as well

And this my friends is why Ringo's rubbish should be ignored as hateful, misrepresented boll*cks
Because, of course, the far left Marxist mob would still have turned up mob handed , had he not been a trump supporter.

Peaceful Marxists posting ricin to the democratically elected president of the USA. -

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/with_replies