Dyche & Garlick

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Re: Dyche & Garlick

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:04 am

Add to Gibson names like Crouch, Walters, Drinkwater, Wells, Hart and Lennon

On the other hand look at Tarks, Pope, Taylor, Wood, Brownhill

taffy
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by taffy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:10 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 am
So a failed means no more money to spend? Great logic.
Not just a fail, the most expensive player in Burnley history fail, if he cost 2 or 3 mil I don't think it would matter but dyche blew that seasons budget on that player

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:15 am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:28 am
We need to recruit new players regardless of the injuries. Maybe we should start the golden gate back up when we are allowed back on to help.
It's all about perception and opinions, I would love to see a few quality players in, of course I would.

I just think the bigger picture is eluding some of the fan base.

I personally think the incoming finances will be vastly reduced over the coming seasons and the proposed takeover isn't the big money some are hoping for.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:15 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:43 am
Do agree with the post above saying Dyche could’ve done more to win the game last night. Lowton on at RW, Brownhill central (he’s wasted on the wing) and Glennon on for Dwight in some way may have given us more energy in the last 15 when we needed it. Do think he was proving a point, which is a bit silly.

Accept there is an injury crisis but we have known for two seasons we need a right winger and haven’t solved the problem, so Dyche should really have the options at his disposal.
Injuries aside, I thought we were far too rigid with our tactics. Yes we weren't at the top of our game but continued playing high balls to Wood and particularly Vydra when they're up against the tallest CH in the league. I don't remember how many aerial challenges they won but it wasn't many. Surely SD could see that.
And that's got nothing to do with a depleted squad or boardroom spats.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 am

JohnMac wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:15 am
It's all about perception and opinions, I would love to see a few quality players in, of course I would.

I just think the bigger picture is eluding some of the fan base.

I personally think the incoming finances will be vastly reduced over the coming seasons and the proposed takeover isn't the big money some are hoping for.
I don’t think anyone is expecting big money in terms of the teams in this division. What I expect is a board of directors who are fans backing the manager who delivered them another top half finish and the hundreds of millions that come with it yet again.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 854 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 am

With links in the press this morning to both Espanyol's Marc Roca and Celtic's Ryan Christie, neither of whom would come cheap, this whole argument may be irrelevant by next week.

Instead of lambasting both Sean and Mike Garlick before the window closes, why don't we just let them do their respective jobs and see what the situation is on October 6th?
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 am
With links in the press this morning to both Espanyol's Marc Roca and Celtic's Ryan Christie, neither of whom would come cheap, this whole argument may be irrelevant by next week.

Instead of lambasting both Sean and Mike Garlick before the window closes, why don't we just let them do their respective jobs and see what the situation is on October 6th?
True but Dyche’s continual comments about the board are hardly the ones to fill us with confidence on it happening.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 am
True but Dyche’s continual comments about the board are hardly the ones to fill us with confidence on it happening.
Sean seems to be a bigger problem than Mike Garlick at the moment in my opinion. It's time he stopped playing to the press and just gave the board a chance to bring people in. The board can't do anything about our extensive injury list, which is double what we might normally expect.

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 am
I don’t think anyone is expecting big money in terms of the teams in this division. What I expect is a board of directors who are fans backing the manager who delivered them another top half finish and the hundreds of millions that come with it yet again.
If we knew the Managers targets (which I don't) I would be more inclined to be of the same opinion. They may be realistic, they may be unrealistic, they may be unavailable, they may have priced themself out etc.

You know we aren't a Club that do business via social media and most 'gossip' is probably just that.

We might have already bid for 10 players (unlikely I know :D) It's a complicated business this football lark.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am

JohnMac wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 am
If we knew the Managers targets (which I don't) I would be more inclined to be of the same opinion. They may be realistic, they may be unrealistic, they may be unavailable, they may have priced themself out etc.

You know we aren't a Club that do business via social media and most 'gossip' is probably just that.

We might have already bid for 10 players (unlikely I know :D) It's a complicated business this football lark.
When it comes to our transfer bids I just have visions of Clive Holt next to a broken fax machine!

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 am

It reminds me a little of the situation when ITV Digital pulled out. Those with the lowest income were hardest hit, Burnley in particular. Almost every other club in the Premier League will have something to fall back on to get them through the problem period, mostly through subsidies and loans from wealthy owners.

Burnley are almost unique in the Premier League and will suffer most from the drop in income. That means we are going to have to dig in and do whatever it takes to stay up this season. It's pointless blaming Sean Dyche or Mike Garlick, this has been caused by circumstances beyond anyone's control. None of the posters on this board know the true situation with our finances, and criticisms from a platform of complete ignorance of the true situation will always be misplaced.

There's a fair chance that by October 5th a number of our better players will be available again, and the Tarkowski situation will be resolved one way or another. When we once more have a settled group, it will be possible to rebuild the solid group ethos that has been our main strength in recent seasons, and we will have a good chance of another successful season. By that I mean not getting relegated. What we mustn't do is incur debt in light of the ever-present threat of relegation, as that would damage the club for years to come.
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

summitclaret
Been Liked: 827 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:10 am

What we must do is get a cb and right winger.

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:28 am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am
When it comes to our transfer bids I just have visions of Clive Holt next to a broken fax machine!
:lol:

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 985 times
Has Liked: 1656 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:47 am

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am
And do your job Mr Garlick.
Yes agreed

Just seems to me that it’s all a little 1 sided at the moment

15 million wasted on Gibson
Dyche must have asked for that
And subsequently
Garlick can’t be happy with that

If you bought your son a car for 15k
Then paid for all the servicing, Mot’s,insurance, road tax and fuel etc
He didn’t look after it then loaned it to someone else
Who may or may not buy it in the future

Then said dad can you buy me a car for 20 or 30k

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:59 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:12 pm
The whole thread is nonsense, like many other threads at the moment
You're not wrong Elizabeth it's all conjecture and personal theories I suggest the theorists go and get it from the horses mouth and any of you that find yourself in Hertfordshire and in the Tring area in particular nip over to Aldbury and go for a pint in the Greyhound, it's a lovely pub as seen many times on TV, Midsomer Murders quite often, it's Sunday and you have a good chance of catching MG having a quiet drink buy him one, ask him then let us know.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:06 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 am

I think we can rule out the link to Marc Roca as agent talk. Signing Stephens and then paying a club record fee one week later for another defensive midfielder would be bonkers.

Our central midfield was poor last night and Stephens looked lost for most of the game. However, I can't see that being cause for a dramatic re-think. In all fairness to the bloke he has only been at the club for a couple of days and due to our lack of players he was thrown in at the deep end. He will get better when he finds his feet.

The link to Christie seems more realistic. He has played mainly as an attacking midfielder in recent seasons, but he has played effectively on both wings in previous seasons ( for Celtic and other clubs ).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-ch ... saison=ges

I could see him fitting into our squad and his positional flexibility would give us a lot more options. He is reasonably quick, quality passing game, creative with an eye for spotting openings, a bit of defensive grit when he is called on to give it and while he favours his left he isn't one footed. A much better option than Wilson in my opinion. He can also shoot from long range and he is okay at set pieces.

On the downside, while Celtic might be awash with central midfielders they lack wide players. Christie is playing in the hole for them at the moment, but he is also their first choice back up for their left and right slots. Given that Lennon is keen to sign him up to a new contract I can't see them being eager to sell him.

He definitely won't be a knock down bargain fee signing and I could imagine him generating interest from us and then signing a lucrative new contract with Celtic. Taking that onboard chasing after him in the final week probably wasn't the best idea, because it could leave us without his signature and little time to switch to alternatives.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:53 am
Don’t think aiming to stay in this division after 5 seasons is pursuing a rainbow. Letting your best manager in an era start the season with 14 fit professionals is pretty shoddy ownership.
Not really.
Ever since Dyche has been here we've generally worked with a squad of 21/22 first teamers. All of a sudden we have SEVEN first team players on the injured list which is unprecedented. Leaving 14 plus the kids, hardly Garlick's fault.

Dyche needs to stop whinging and just get on with his job, as his constant snipes and media-mutterings are creating this division.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm

It’s criminal that we’re on the cusp of losing Tarky yet still let our record signing centre half leave on loan.

For the good of the club something should’ve been sorted out.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:06 pm
I think we can rule out the link to Marc Roca as agent talk. Signing Stephens and then paying a club record fee one week later for another defensive midfielder would be bonkers.

Our central midfield was poor last night and Stephens looked lost for most of the game. However, I can't see that being cause for a dramatic re-think. In all fairness to the bloke he has only been at the club for a couple of days and due to our lack of players he was thrown in at the deep end. He will get better when he finds his feet.

The link to Christie seems more realistic. He has played mainly as an attacking midfielder in recent seasons, but he has played effectively on both wings in previous seasons ( for Celtic and other clubs ).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-ch ... saison=ges

I could see him fitting into our squad and his positional flexibility would give us a lot more options. He is reasonably quick, quality passing game, creative with an eye for spotting openings, a bit of defensive grit when he is called on to give it and while he favours his left he isn't one footed. A much better option than Wilson in my opinion. He can also shoot from long range and he is okay at set pieces.

On the downside, while Celtic might be awash with central midfielders they lack wide players. Christie is playing in the hole for them at the moment, but he is also their first choice back up for their left and right slots. Given that Lennon is keen to sign him up to a new contract I can't see them being eager to sell him.

He definitely won't be a knock down bargain fee signing and I could imagine him generating interest from us and then signing a lucrative new contract with Celtic. Taking that onboard chasing after him in the final week probably wasn't the best idea, because it could leave us without his signature and little time to switch to alternatives.
I've really no idea whether either of them are viable options for us, but I doubt we are chasing after either of them at the last minute without knowing plenty about them.

What isn't in doubt is that both players look decent quality, and both would earn a lot more at Burnley than at their current clubs.

Apparently, Arsenal are also after Roca, so if they are, then I guess he's no donkey. If we can get him at a decent price and he excels, then it would be worth having two similar players. After all, Sean likes two players for one position and we haven't had one, since Marney left.

As I say, time will tell.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Braindead wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:08 pm
Not really.
Ever since Dyche has been here we've generally worked with a squad of 21/22 first teamers. All of a sudden we have SEVEN first team players on the injured list which is unprecedented. Leaving 14 plus the kids, hardly Garlick's fault.

Dyche needs to stop whinging and just get on with his job, as his constant snipes and media-mutterings are creating this division.
We’ve known for months we would need reinforcements regardless of the injury situation.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:22 pm
We’ve known for months we would need reinforcements regardless of the injury situation.
And there's still plenty of time to get them. It's not Mike Garlick's fault that the transfer window runs deep into the season.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Apparently, Arsenal are also after Roca, so if they are, then I guess he's no donkey. If we can get him at a decent price and he excels, then it would be worth having two similar players. After all, Sean likes two players for one position and we haven't had one, since Marney left.

As I say, time will tell.
Three similar players, you are forgetting about Corky.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:33 pm
Three similar players, you are forgetting about Corky.
I had forgot about Corky, but he's not a defensive midfielder in the same way as Marney was. Marney has never been replaced, not even by Barton who was a bit more forward thinking.

Anyway, we wait and see what happens, but at least we appear to be trying to bring people in.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm
And there's still plenty of time to get them. It's not Mike Garlick's fault that the transfer window runs deep into the season.
Surely he doesn’t need to wait to the last week of the window to land every single one of our targets?

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:44 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm
It’s criminal that we’re on the cusp of losing Tarky yet still let our record signing centre half leave on loan.

For the good of the club something should’ve been sorted out.
I do wonder to what extent the Gibson saga has soured things. Is MG happy with SD sacrificing the best part of £15m to protect Woan? All guesswork of course.
JohnMac wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:57 am
There can't be a forecasted budget because there is uncertainty over income.
A bit muddled, a forecast and a budget are 2 very different things. The vast vast majority of businesses have more uncertainty over their turnover than we do and rely on the financial discipline of a plan/budget and a forecast. They are even more important in times of uncertainty.

It is unfathomable to me that SD is not told what he has to spend. On some occasions that number might be negative, i.e. he is told we need to sell players to generate income. On others it might be that there is £5m plus whatever is generated through player sales.

If there is a downturn in the market, the fact we are debt free provides us with an opportunity to take on low cost debt and exploit that situation. Hunkering down and trying to limp through to protect ourselves for a rainy day is the wrong approach imo. It is pi$$ing it down now. Is the proposed sale influencing MG's judgement? Is he making decisions that are motivated out of self-interest, rather than the good of the Club? I am not saying he is btw - I am back to guesswork.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Plenty of time we have been saying that since the window opened

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 pm
Plenty of time we have been saying that since the window opened and now its not far off closing and were a lot weaker than when it first opened

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:41 pm
Surely he doesn’t need to wait to the last week of the window to land every single one of our targets?
It might be frustrating but you and I both know that most deals take place in the last 48 hours. At this stage, players still have time to weigh up their options and their agents don't help either.

Difficult to have applied it this season, but the sooner the window starts and finishes before the season starts, the better.

BurnleyFC

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Garlick has previous for bullshitting about targets and budgets in transfer windows.

I’m not expecting anyone else in.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:39 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Garlick has previous for bullshitting about targets and budgets in transfer windows.

I’m not expecting anyone else in.
No doubt then that you will offer your apologies when you turn out to be wrong then?

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 am
Sean seems to be a bigger problem than Mike Garlick at the moment in my opinion. It's time he stopped playing to the press and just gave the board a chance to bring people in. The board can't do anything about our extensive injury list, which is double what we might normally expect.
Yeah to be fair they’ve not had a lot of time
This user liked this post: Sproggy

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:45 pm

If the injured players came back, we'd have a full bench. I think that's arguably a bigger factor as to why we've not had a bench recently, rather than not bringing enough players in. It's making things look worse than what they are.

We need a couple of new players in and keep JT.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
There is no time to get any points from the first 2 games. We will most likely be in the bt 3 after this round of games. Stop defending the undefensable

We knew Gibson was going We knew Ben was out and probably that JT was not going to sign an extension. What do we do. Argue about the odd million for a Dawson type.

BurnleyFC

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:39 pm
No doubt then that you will offer your apologies when you turn out to be wrong then?
If we make some marquee signings, then yes.

If we continue to shop in the bargain basement, then no.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 665 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 am
Give the board a chance to bring people in? I think that's exactly what SD has done and why he's less than happy with their progress.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:36 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:04 pm
If we make some marquee signings, then yes.

If we continue to shop in the bargain basement, then no.
Oh, it's Marquee signings now? Earlier, you just said "I’m not expecting anyone else in."
This user liked this post: Leisure

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 pm
There is no time to get any points from the first 2 games. We will most likely be in the bt 3 after this round of games. Stop defending the undefensable

We knew Gibson was going We knew Ben was out and probably that JT was not going to sign an extension. What do we do. Argue about the odd million for a Dawson type.
You need to learn patience. Do you think every other club in the division has finished signing people? No, they haven't.

If there was a sensible policy on transfer windows, it would shut before the season starts, not deep into it. As it is, we work within the constraints we have.

Maybe you think it's Mike Garlick's fault the window goes deep into the season? It wouldn't surprise me if you did.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm
You need to learn patience. Do you think every other club in the division has finished signing people? No, they haven't.

If there was a sensible policy on transfer windows, it would shut before the season starts, not deep into it. As it is, we work within the constraints we have.

Maybe you think it's Mike Garlick's fault the window goes deep into the season? It wouldn't surprise me if you did.
I am seeing years' of progress at risk of potentially going because of an avoidable situation at cb. Not a question of patience anymore.

Normally we hardly concede goals from so close to goal.
Last edited by summitclaret on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BurnleyFC

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:36 pm
Oh, it's Marquee signings now? Earlier, you just said "I’m not expecting anyone else in."
Well I’m sure even tight Mike could stretch the purse strings to bring in a couple more £750k 30+ year old seasoned pros, but that isn’t exactly what we need.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:45 pm
I am seeing years' of progress risk of potentially going because of an an avoidable situation cb. Not a question of patience anymore.
And who do you think gave us those years of progress? The existing board, that's who and it's time you paid them back with a bit of patience.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm

As I said yesterday, the amount they could get for selling the Club is dropping by the day now. Totally unfathomable as a strategy. A few million on a Dawson type paid back over 2/3 years us peanuts compared to going down. We need that person for next Saturday. Sean has already said Ben will not be back and you can bet the ranch now that Tarks won't play either.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2196 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Seven players to return, and still time to add to the squad.

Let's hold fire until next week, before we start apportioning blame.

UTC!
These 2 users liked this post: Gordaleman Braindead

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Let's just look at our problems out wide as an example. We lost Hendrick, not replaced. We had Lennon as a back up - adequate but again not replaced which leaves McNeil, Brady, JBG and at a push brownhill who was signed to play in the middle. My issue with this is McNeil is still learning his trade but doing very well but Brady and JBG have torrid injury records over the past few years for us and it's no surprise both are out injured again. Knowing their previous for injuries and not replacing and addressing the issues out wide is disgraceful in my opinion.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:54 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:48 pm
Let's just look at our problems out wide as an example. We lost Hendrick, not replaced. We had Lennon as a back up - adequate but again not replaced which leaves McNeil, Brady, JBG and at a push brownhill who was signed to play in the middle. My issue with this is McNeil is still learning his trade but doing very well but Brady and JBG have torrid injury records over the past few years for us and it's no surprise both are out injured again. Knowing their previous for injuries and not replacing and addressing the issues out wide is disgraceful in my opinion.
So what you are suggesting is bringing players in on 3 to 5 year contracts, just to be available for short term injuries?

Who do you think we are, Man City or Chelsea with billionaire backers?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Gordandale where did I mention 3-5 year contracts? You are just adding things on that I haven't said there. Look at the injury records of JBG and Brady. How can we realistically rely on those players to be fit for the entire season with only McNeil as the only other first team winger? Did dyche extend Brady's contract because he didn't trust the board to replace him? I don't know but what I do know that it's blind stupidity to rely on 2 players being fit as first choice who clearly have injury problems.

Mentioning city or Chelsea is irrelevant and you know that. Christ I would even accept a couple of loan deals to prepare for this eventuality. We needed upgrades out wide before Hendrick and Lennon left, now we seriously need options out wide. It's like witnessing a slow motion car crash and people having their hands in their ears singing la la la la everything is fine.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:30 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Gordandale where did I mention 3-5 year contracts? You are just adding things on that I haven't said there. Look at the injury records of JBG and Brady. How can we realistically rely on those players to be fit for the entire season with only McNeil as the only other first team winger? Did dyche extend Brady's contract because he didn't trust the board to replace him? I don't know but what I do know that it's blind stupidity to rely on 2 players being fit as first choice who clearly have injury problems.

Mentioning city or Chelsea is irrelevant and you know that. Christ I would even accept a couple of loan deals to prepare for this eventuality. We needed upgrades out wide before Hendrick and Lennon left, now we seriously need options out wide. It's like witnessing a slow motion car crash and people having their hands in their ears singing la la la la everything is fine.
How else do you bring players in? You have to give them contracts of some sort and so far as I'm aware, we can only have one loan player, who may still arrive.

None of the players who have left were worth keeping anyway, with the exception of Hendrick. So it's not as though we've lost key players. No one could have foreseen the injury situation, or the Tarky situation. (If he isn't injured.) Could that crunching tackle on JBG have been foreseen? Of course not. That only happened two weeks ago, so give the board a chance to do something about it.

It's crazy that the transfer window goes deep into the season, but until that changes, we just have to live with it.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 pm

Must say I find it hard to believe we activated an extension clause for Brady.
These 2 users liked this post: Gordaleman Dark Cloud

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:41 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 pm
Must say I find it hard to believe we activated an extension clause for Brady.
You're not the only one.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:41 pm
You're not the only one.

You're not the only two. :shock:
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

Dark Cloud