BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FactualFrank
Posts: 23221
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 6273 times
Has Liked: 10605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:07 am

I thought this was a poem at first.

elwaclaret
Posts: 2730
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 679 times
Has Liked: 1295 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:07 am
I thought this was a poem at first.
Well opium can do that to the unwary with vivid imaginations.

FactualFrank
Posts: 23221
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 6273 times
Has Liked: 10605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:30 am

elwaclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 am
Well opium can do that to the unwary with vivid imaginations.
As your parents were on it full time, I'll take your word!

Cubanclaret
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:35 am
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Cubanclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:08 am

Leicester looking at a centre back from Torino according to BBC gossip. Looking at their display at the etihad yesterday it’s hard to fault their recent recruitment.
The likes of Justin, Castagne, Praet, Soyuncu, Maddison, all look like being excellent players who will offer them considerable resale value.

ClaretEngineer
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:39 am
Been Liked: 638 times
Has Liked: 406 times
Location: Chalfont St. Giles

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretEngineer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:56 am

Cubanclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:08 am
Leicester looking at a centre back from Torino according to BBC gossip. Looking at their display at the etihad yesterday it’s hard to fault their recent recruitment.
The likes of Justin, Castagne, Praet, Soyuncu, Maddison, all look like being excellent players who will offer them considerable resale value.
I didn't watch that game and I hate to say it but JT could do worse than join Leicester.

That's three games now they've bagged a decent amount of goals

We're not far off 4000 posts with 7 days left of the window and all we have to show is Dale Stephens...

If we can keep JT (at least until January or whenever the next window is) I'd accept that as a good window right now.

Dark Cloud
Posts: 3822
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:03 am
Been Liked: 1056 times
Has Liked: 1295 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am

I do wonder how much both incomings and outgoings are being deliberately held up because Garlick wants the new owners to make those final decisions. If what's being reported is right and a takeover is in the offing, the new owners may well not want to find one of their prize assets has just left the building and the war chest for incoming transfers has been spent. They may well want to be in a position to sanction these things (or not) and I get that, but unfortunately it means we're sitting about paralysed waiting for the takeover to go through....and next Monday gets ever closer.

RVclaret
Posts: 945
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 am
Been Liked: 195 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by RVclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:02 am

Domestic window shuts on 15th October so still over two weeks yet. Next Monday’s deadline is the UEFA one so no overseas transfers.

agreenwood
Posts: 1216
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Been Liked: 558 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by agreenwood » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 am

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:02 am
Domestic window shuts on 15th October so still over two weeks yet. Next Monday’s deadline is the UEFA one so no overseas transfers.
We can only trade with EFL clubs after 5 October.

MACCA
Posts: 12938
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3368 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by MACCA » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 am
I do wonder how much both incomings and outgoings are being deliberately held up because Garlick wants the new owners to make those final decisions. If what's being reported is right and a takeover is in the offing, the new owners may well not want to find one of their prize assets has just left the building and the war chest for incoming transfers has been spent. They may well want to be in a position to sanction these things (or not) and I get that, but unfortunately it means we're sitting about paralysed waiting for the takeover to go through....and next Monday gets ever closer.
Or it's just like every other window, and we are waiting until the 11th hour to get the cheapest best value deals we can.

The fact some people still fall for it season after season surprises me.
It happens every year, we can bring in Rigg, we can identify targets 12 months in advance, the manager can give his options 12 months prior.
The fact is the man who signs the cheques, and who appears to want to be involved in absolutely everything hasn't changed.

You'd be better off ignoring most things that come out of his mouth, then checking back in the last week of the window to be disappointed.

Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 450 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am

We've offered £12m + £4m add ons for Wilson, Liverpool want £15m ish so it sounds like we could get that over the line.

Tarks isnt refusing to play and could have played on Saturday with an injection but both him and the club sided against it.

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1557 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am
We've offered £12m + £4m add ons for Wilson, Liverpool want £15m ish so it sounds like we could get that over the line.

Tarks isnt refusing to play and could have played on Saturday with an injection but both him and the club sided against it.

Stop it with the correct information. Much more fun to make things up.
These 3 users liked this post: lesxdp mkmel KateR

Steve1956
Posts: 10365
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 3589 times
Has Liked: 1812 times
Location: Fife

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am
We've offered £12m + £4m add ons for Wilson, Liverpool want £15m ish so it sounds like we could get that over the line.

Tarks isnt refusing to play and could have played on Saturday with an injection but both him and the club sided against it.
So we have offered them more than they want?
....Wow has Garlick gone? 🤔

Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 450 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:31 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 am
So we have offered them more than they want?
....Wow has Garlick gone? 🤔
weve offered £12m , our add on clauses could be ridiculous for all we know. Reports are that Liverpool want £15m.

Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 450 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:31 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 am
Stop it with the correct information. Much more fun to make things up.
Too many people quick to slag him off.

steve1264b
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:31 pm
Been Liked: 64 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by steve1264b » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 am

I always think we will be left waiting by other clubs and players unless they want a quick deal.

Lets take Liverpool for example, the leak that we were talking to them came from their side. We've gone in with a low bid so they say and Liverpool want up to 20 million. Lets say we had gone in at 20 million i don't believe for a second the lad would have been driving up the M62 that day. No, Liverpool would have done exactly what they have done, let it be known we had bid for the player and he was available and hoped the players agent etc could have got a counter bid from someone like Villa.

Anyone who watched the first Sunderland documentary saw this is action, at the very last minute Sunderland were desperate when a players agent rang and said he could get his player out of his club and into Sunderland. Sunderland rang the club who started talking telephone numbers they couldn't afford the Ch ex face said it all.

In the second series the new chairman was chasing a centre forward Will Grigg and despite his manager and other confidents telling him not to do it he paid £3 million and put him on £30k a week.

Both examples of how not to do business.

Numerous posters always say just pay the money Will Grigg is earning 1.5million a year for three years.

I say hold the line, keep your nerve only pay what everyone at the club can agree is a fair price.

Secondly value what you have.

In my view Tarks can stay and leave for free in two years time, the longer view is that we are playing for circa 300 million in the next two years.

claretblue
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Been Liked: 1451 times
Has Liked: 787 times
Location: cloud 9 since Dyche appointed

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by claretblue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 am

steve1264b wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 am
Secondly value what you have.

In my view Tarks can stay and leave for free in two years time, the longer view is that we are playing for circa 300 million in the next two years.
Agree...maintaining our top flight status trumps all other short-term gains!
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Gordaleman
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 am

steve1264b wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 am
I always think we will be left waiting by other clubs and players unless they want a quick deal.

Lets take Liverpool for example, the leak that we were talking to them came from their side. We've gone in with a low bid so they say and Liverpool want up to 20 million. Lets say we had gone in at 20 million i don't believe for a second the lad would have been driving up the M62 that day. No, Liverpool would have done exactly what they have done, let it be known we had bid for the player and he was available and hoped the players agent etc could have got a counter bid from someone like Villa.

Anyone who watched the first Sunderland documentary saw this is action, at the very last minute Sunderland were desperate when a players agent rang and said he could get his player out of his club and into Sunderland. Sunderland rang the club who started talking telephone numbers they couldn't afford the Ch ex face said it all.

In the second series the new chairman was chasing a centre forward Will Grigg and despite his manager and other confidents telling him not to do it he paid £3 million and put him on £30k a week.

Both examples of how not to do business.

Numerous posters always say just pay the money Will Grigg is earning 1.5million a year for three years.

I say hold the line, keep your nerve only pay what everyone at the club can agree is a fair price.

Secondly value what you have.

In my view Tarks can stay and leave for free in two years time, the longer view is that we are playing for circa 300 million in the next two years.
I agree with pretty much all of that, except the last sentence. I still don't know the truth about the Tarky situation, but if he's made up his mind that he wants to leave, then let him. Unhappy players are no good to a club, as that unhappiness can spread within the dressing room faster than Covid-19

AfloatinClaret
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 7:16 pm
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by AfloatinClaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:28 pm
Lets see-no one knows for sure but consider this...

Do you want me to go on
Not much point really is there? If you've typed that long list of opinions without including a single item of 'proof' it seems unlikely that you're going to provide any by continuing.

Should you ever be called for jury service, it might prove useful to all concerned if you were to research the words proof/fact and opinion/evidence before you turned up ;)

mdd2
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 646 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:15 am

Is it just transfers to and from EPL and EFL after October 5th or can EPL to and from EPL still occur?
It seems EPL to and from EPL ends on October 5th but not sure if EFL to EPL can still go ahead as it seems
the second deadline was mainly for loans from EPL to EFL to carry on.
Last edited by mdd2 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

steve1264b
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:31 pm
Been Liked: 64 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by steve1264b » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 am

Gordaleman - Tarks is a big boy he will get over any disappointment when his agents tells him he will get close to 30 million as a free agent. I dot think he would sulk.

Paul Waine
Posts: 6525
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1518 times
Has Liked: 1883 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 am

The Times, Sport, today - Ian Whittell's report on Saturday's game:

Sean Dyche desperate for reinforcements as James Tarkowski nears exit
Burnley 0 Southampton 1

Not for the first time in recent months Sean Dyche spoke long, logically and passionately about his dire need to buy in the final week of the transfer window. Dyche’s need could become even stronger in the next couple of days as the defender James Tarkowski edges closer the exit door.

West Ham United, with two bids, and Leicester City, with one of about £30 million, have failed to sign the commanding 27-year-old central defender this close season but Brendan Rodgers is expected to return with an improved offer and sources believe that £40 million would guarantee a sale.

Burnley’s prudent fiscal policy has been well documented and has often frustrated their manager. With Dale Stephens the only outfield player to have joined since the end of last season in a £1 million transfer from Brighton & Hove Albion, the prospect of losing Tarkowski without an adequate replacement is one Dyche surely cannot countenance.

Tarkowski has yet to kick a ball for Burnley this season, having suffered a toe injury about which Dyche was unforthcoming. The manager was more direct in discussing the possibility losing him. “It will be a board decision,” Dyche said. “I want to keep him, make no mistake, he is a very important player.”

The most optimistic interpretation of events for Burnley in the closing days of the window is that Dyche completes a £15 million move for the Liverpool winger Harry Wilson and finds defensive cover for the outgoing Tarkowski — Watford’s Craig Dawson and Nottingham Forest’s Joe Worrall have been mentioned, though the latter has an injury that will sideline him for six weeks.

Given Dyche’s efforts over recent seasons — two top-ten finishes and a Europa League qualification — the lack of backing for the manager is baffling. An American investment company, ALK Capital, is trying to buy the club though nothing is known about whether their pockets will prove any deeper than the present chairman Mike Garlick’s.

In any case, no deal will be done in the next seven days and Dyche is without seven first-team regulars. “When I first got here, we sold Charlie Austin and had three free transfers. That’s the way it goes. I try and manage the model we have, try and manage with the guidance we have from the chairman and the board and that’s that. I’ve said we need to stretch it, because the market doesn’t care what we think.”

Like Burnley, Southampton had endured a difficult start to the season before getting off the mark at Turf Moor. Kyle Peters-Walker and Oriol Romeu turned in strong performances after disappointing displays the previous week.

“We saw two different players from last week and this week,” Ralph Hasenhüttl, the manager, said. “Oriol was a disaster against Spurs, too hectic. Tonight he was really the boss in the midfield. He always made the right decisions. He showed how calm he can be. A fantastic performance.”

Burnley (4-4-2) N Pope 6 — P Bardsley 6, K Long 5, J Dunne 7, C Taylor 6 — J Brownhill 7, A Westwood 8, D Stephens 6, D McNeil 5 — M Vydra 6, C Wood 6. Subs not used M Lowton, B Peacock-Farrell, E Pieters, B Thomas, J Benson, M Goodridge, A Driscoll-Glennon.

Southampton (4-2-3-1) A McCarthy 7 — K Walker-Peters 7, J Bednarek 5, J Vestergaard 5, R Bertrand 6 — J Ward-Prowse 7, O Romeu 7 — S Armstrong 6, D Ings 8, M Djenepo 7 (N Tella 77mins, 6) — C Adams 7 (M Obafemi 77mins, 6). Subs not used J Stephens, S Long, Y Valery, W Smallbone.

boatshed bill
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 1339 times
Has Liked: 2887 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 am

Apparently we are "tracking" Celtic's Ryan Chrstie (BBC Sport). He must be evading us by hiding in the Cairngorms or similar. :D

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6884
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2323 times
Has Liked: 463 times
Location: Earth

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 am
Apparently we are "tracking" Celtic's Ryan Chrstie (BBC Sport). He must be evading us by hiding in the Cairngorms or similar. :D
More chance of Cyrus Christie or, Linford.

mdd2
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 646 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 am

Or even John, for those of a certain age.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 boatshed bill

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6884
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2323 times
Has Liked: 463 times
Location: Earth

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 am

mdd2 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 am
Or even John, for those of a certain age.
Tony Christie

summitclaret
Posts: 2898
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 541 times
Has Liked: 909 times
Location: burnley

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:48 am

Julie

Bigvince
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 pm
Been Liked: 330 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Bigvince » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 am
The Times, Sport, today - Ian Whittell's report on Saturday's game:

Sean Dyche desperate for reinforcements as James Tarkowski nears exit
Burnley 0 Southampton 1

Not for the first time in recent months Sean Dyche spoke long, logically and passionately about his dire need to buy in the final week of the transfer window. Dyche’s need could become even stronger in the next couple of days as the defender James Tarkowski edges closer the exit door.

West Ham United, with two bids, and Leicester City, with one of about £30 million, have failed to sign the commanding 27-year-old central defender this close season but Brendan Rodgers is expected to return with an improved offer and sources believe that £40 million would guarantee a sale.

Burnley’s prudent fiscal policy has been well documented and has often frustrated their manager. With Dale Stephens the only outfield player to have joined since the end of last season in a £1 million transfer from Brighton & Hove Albion, the prospect of losing Tarkowski without an adequate replacement is one Dyche surely cannot countenance.

Tarkowski has yet to kick a ball for Burnley this season, having suffered a toe injury about which Dyche was unforthcoming. The manager was more direct in discussing the possibility losing him. “It will be a board decision,” Dyche said. “I want to keep him, make no mistake, he is a very important player.”

The most optimistic interpretation of events for Burnley in the closing days of the window is that Dyche completes a £15 million move for the Liverpool winger Harry Wilson and finds defensive cover for the outgoing Tarkowski — Watford’s Craig Dawson and Nottingham Forest’s Joe Worrall have been mentioned, though the latter has an injury that will sideline him for six weeks.

Given Dyche’s efforts over recent seasons — two top-ten finishes and a Europa League qualification — the lack of backing for the manager is baffling. An American investment company, ALK Capital, is trying to buy the club though nothing is known about whether their pockets will prove any deeper than the present chairman Mike Garlick’s.

In any case, no deal will be done in the next seven days and Dyche is without seven first-team regulars. “When I first got here, we sold Charlie Austin and had three free transfers. That’s the way it goes. I try and manage the model we have, try and manage with the guidance we have from the chairman and the board and that’s that. I’ve said we need to stretch it, because the market doesn’t care what we think.”

Like Burnley, Southampton had endured a difficult start to the season before getting off the mark at Turf Moor. Kyle Peters-Walker and Oriol Romeu turned in strong performances after disappointing displays the previous week.

“We saw two different players from last week and this week,” Ralph Hasenhüttl, the manager, said. “Oriol was a disaster against Spurs, too hectic. Tonight he was really the boss in the midfield. He always made the right decisions. He showed how calm he can be. A fantastic performance.”

Burnley (4-4-2) N Pope 6 — P Bardsley 6, K Long 5, J Dunne 7, C Taylor 6 — J Brownhill 7, A Westwood 8, D Stephens 6, D McNeil 5 — M Vydra 6, C Wood 6. Subs not used M Lowton, B Peacock-Farrell, E Pieters, B Thomas, J Benson, M Goodridge, A Driscoll-Glennon.

Southampton (4-2-3-1) A McCarthy 7 — K Walker-Peters 7, J Bednarek 5, J Vestergaard 5, R Bertrand 6 — J Ward-Prowse 7, O Romeu 7 — S Armstrong 6, D Ings 8, M Djenepo 7 (N Tella 77mins, 6) — C Adams 7 (M Obafemi 77mins, 6). Subs not used J Stephens, S Long, Y Valery, W Smallbone.
Wow that’s a pretty in depth match report from the times, reading it makes you feel like you’re actually at the game ;)
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Paul Waine

Zlatan
Posts: 2323
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 2020 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am

have some posters been in hibernation...? :D
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

boatshed bill
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 1339 times
Has Liked: 2887 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 am

Bigvince wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am
Wow that’s a pretty in depth match report from the times, reading it makes you feel like you’re actually at the game ;)
Makes me think that the reporter wasn't there ;)

warksclaret
Posts: 1677
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Been Liked: 427 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by warksclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:27 am

I see Dyche said re Tarkowski's injury " he tells me its sore but not serious". Nice to be nursing such a serious injury at £40-£50k a week, for the past 3 or so weeks. I know the pro-Tarks brigade will lash out at me but it makes me really annoyed seeing the starting line-up recently,and the bench, and asking myself is he really a true Burnley player or does he just want away
Last edited by warksclaret on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

superdimitri
Posts: 1756
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by superdimitri » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am

mdd2 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:15 am
Is it just transfers to and from EPL and EFL after October 5th or can EPL to and from EPL still occur?
It seems EPL to and from EPL ends on October 5th but not sure if EFL to EPL can still go ahead as it seems
the second deadline was mainly for loans from EPL to EFL to carry on.
I've read it simply as international and inter Premier League ends on the 5th. Domestic on the 15th.
So we can buy, sell and loan players with the championship until the 15th.

mdd2
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 646 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks. Meaning we need to sort Wilson by next Monday if we can afford him and want him

Mala591
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:02 pm
Been Liked: 265 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Mala591 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:50 am

It's becoming increasingly obvious that we need more creativity, technical ability and forward passing vision in central midfield (a new Barton/Defour). Might cost £10-20 million but for the right player it will be money well spent.

1914tyrone
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 am
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 2 times
Location: Barnoldswick

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by 1914tyrone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 am

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:27 am
I see Dyche said re Tarkowski's injury " he tells me its sore but not serious". Nice to be nursing such a serious injury at £40-£50k a week, for the past 3 or so weeks. I know the pro-Tarks brigade will lash out at me but it makes me really annoyed seeing the starting line-up recently,and the bench, and asking myself is he really a true Burnley player or does he just want away
I think it's quite obvious to all Tarks is just waiting to leave, there is no injury!!
It's so dissapointing how he regards the club and fans, he should let his football do the talking and leave with his head held high. Nobody would deny him doubling his salary.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan warksclaret

FactualFrank
Posts: 23221
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 6273 times
Has Liked: 10605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:01 pm

1914tyrone wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 am
I think it's quite obvious to all Tarks is just waiting to leave, there is no injury!!
It's so dissapointing how he regards the club and fans, he should let his football do the talking and leave with his head held high. Nobody would deny him doubling his salary.
Aren't Leicester now looking elsewhere?

I can totally understand why the club want £50 million. Much less and I don't think we'd be able to replace him and invest much on another player. That's how I'm seeing it: Sell JT for £50 million, get, what.. £35 million for him after Brentford's cut? Allowing us to (1) bring in a CB and (2) bring in another player. 1 out, 2 in.

summitclaret
Posts: 2898
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 541 times
Has Liked: 909 times
Location: burnley

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Its obvious that Tarks is going.

According to Talk Sport, Fulham's target new cb has failed his medical and now they are being linked with Dawson again.

If we want him, it's time to cough up. I really hope we aren't going to become first Club to try and get through half a season with just one PL standard cb (currently actually injured as well).

FactualFrank
Posts: 23221
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 6273 times
Has Liked: 10605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:05 pm
Its obvious that Tarks is going.

According to Talk Sport, Fulham's target new cb has failed his medical and now they are being linked with Dawson again.

If we want him, it's time to cough up. I really hope we aren't going to become first Club to try and get through half a season with just one PL standard cb (currently actually injured as well).
I'm sure the board know that would mean relegation. Well.. I hope they do.

mdd2
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 646 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:01 pm
Aren't Leicester now looking elsewhere?

I can totally understand why the club want £50 million. Much less and I don't think we'd be able to replace him and invest much on another player. That's how I'm seeing it: Sell JT for £50 million, get, what.. £35 million for him after Brentford's cut? Allowing us to (1) bring in a CB and (2) bring in another player. 1 out, 2 in.
I think Brentford's cut has been reported as 27.5% of profit which I think may be the fee agreed with A.nother minus what we paid rumoured to be £3.5million

Ziggy Stardust
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 pm
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Ziggy Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:14 pm

Dawson wants the move to Burnley according to my sources.

FactualFrank
Posts: 23221
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 6273 times
Has Liked: 10605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:14 pm
Dawson wants the move to Burnley according to my sources.
I wonder if we can get him before JT leaves. Or whether it will only happen after.

Ziggy Stardust
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 pm
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Ziggy Stardust » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Suppose it depends on the price. He will also want to be playing everyweek I would of thought.

Duffer_
Posts: 1476
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 488 times
Has Liked: 870 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Duffer_ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm
I think Brentford's cut has been reported as 27.5% of profit which I think may be the fee agreed with A.nother minus what we paid rumoured to be £3.5million
Here is a Ready Reckoner for the split of the sale proceeds based on mdd2's assumptions.
20200928_123154.jpg
20200928_123154.jpg (477.51 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

summitclaret
Posts: 2898
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 541 times
Has Liked: 909 times
Location: burnley

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm
I wonder if we can get him before JT leaves. Or whether it will only happen after.
Surely we can't leave it until after. Watford would then have us over a barrel that was heading towards Nigeria Falls at pace.

Edit. Buying first would surely mean we get more for Tarks.

Gordaleman
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 pm
Surely we can't leave it until after. Watford would then have us over a barrel that was heading towards Nigeria Falls at pace.

Edit. Buying first would surely mean we get more for Tarks.
If it happens, it might all happen as one package deal. Clubs and players talk to each other in these situations and one deal becomes part of another. That's what I meant about dominos falling into place yesterday.

I don't think you need to worry, as one deal will be contingent on the other happening more as less at the same time.

jtv
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:59 pm
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 278 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jtv » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 pm
Buying first would surely mean we get more for Tarks.
I think it would be the other way round as clubs will know that we need to sell now that we have a replacement,

Paul Waine
Posts: 6525
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1518 times
Has Liked: 1883 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am
Wow that’s a pretty in depth match report from the times, reading it makes you feel like you’re actually at the game ;)
Yes, The Times often appears to have "seen highlights on tv" style reporting of many of the Saturday games. Sunday Times coverage suggested they had someone watching all the game.

Of course, I put it on the "must contain link" transfer news as the main part of the report is on (1) Tarky outgoing and (2) Harry Wilson incoming.

UTC

Paul Waine
Posts: 6525
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1518 times
Has Liked: 1883 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 pm
Here is a Ready Reckoner for the split of the sale proceeds based on mdd2's assumptions.

20200928_123154.jpg
Excellent, Duffer.

A question: How have you got hold of a copy of the negotiating team's briefing notes? ;)

Assuming your assumptions are correct, I'll expect we will still see several posting on here who quote totally different numbers for Burnley's share of transfer fee when/if the deal is agreed at £40 million (or any other figure on your s/sheet). :( ;) :)

UTC

summitclaret
Posts: 2898
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 541 times
Has Liked: 909 times
Location: burnley

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:03 pm

jtv wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm
I think it would be the other way round as clubs will know that we need to sell now that we have a replacement,
No Dawson is Gibson's replacement.

mdd2
Posts: 5004
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 646 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Gibson only getting on the bench at Narwich i see

Paul Waine
Posts: 6525
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1518 times
Has Liked: 1883 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:05 pm

jtv wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm
I think it would be the other way round as clubs will know that we need to sell now that we have a replacement,
Hm, not necessarily. When we signed Ben Gibson, so far as we know there were no bids to sign Ben Mee.

What's not to like, sign Dawson, retain Tarky.

And, there's time to loan out any of our pipeline of CBs who will benefit from Championship game time.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret FactualFrank

Post Reply