Dyche Today

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Dyche Today

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Face like thunder. His voice loud and and clearly totally pi**ed off with the lack of transfers.

WTF is going on. He will walk if Monday goes by and nothing changes and whats more other players will be gone in the next window to.

It looks like we are going down. Its so depressing that the Board have treated Dyche the way they have, their a total bloody disgrace. Garlick must go.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Re: Dyche Today

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Walk where? Perhaps it’s about time he sucked it up and got in with the job he’s paid millions of pounds to do.
These 4 users liked this post: Gordaleman Andy J Bosscat Braindead

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Your having a laugh, first club to get rid of a manager in the PL this season he will walk straight into. He is being treated appallingly and the club will be totally screwed if he goes. Its an absolute joke.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Look he will be fine keep taking the tablets sir .

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1983 times
Has Liked: 2872 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Where is SD going?
So Burnley football club will be so much stronger if Garlick throws in the towel without checking the credibility of potential buyers.

Ok.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Doubt it, no one walks out of a 75k a week job.

He will be off at the first chance he gets, but wont walkout because we have failed him again in another window, it's been happening for years.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 pm

FFS what a drama queen
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Andy J

Transpennine
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by Transpennine » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:04 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Your having a laugh, first club to get rid of a manager in the PL this season he will walk straight into. He is being treated appallingly and the club will be totally screwed if he goes. Its an absolute joke.
Relax, its Friday; and no, he won't be going to Fulham...

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:04 pm

This is the sort of over reaction I expect from the Mrs when I roll in at 2am but the pub shut at 10pm
These 3 users liked this post: Wirvine The Enclosure mybloodisclaret

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Dyche said there was nothing in the pipeline and was clearly very angry and let down. Make no mistake this is crisis point for the club. He gave the impression that the club wasn't prepared to spend anything at all and only selling Tarkowski would have created any funds to spend. Garlick looking to line his pockets at the manager and players expense. Strategy seems clear, spend nothing and sell the club off to someone else to make the most for Garlick himself.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:07 pm
Dyche said there was nothing in the pipeline and was clearly very angry and let down. Make no mistake this is crisis point for the club. He gave the impression that the club wasn't prepared to spend anything at all and only selling Tarkowski would have created any funds to spend. Garlick looking to line his pockets at the manager and players expense. Strategy seems clear, spend nothing and sell the club off to someone else to make the most for Garlick himself.
Crisis point :lol:
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:17 pm

Given the money Fulham seem to be spending and the ability to attract players like Lookman on loan of course he will go to another PL club including Fulham if the chance arises. He looks and sounded like a man at the end of his tether with the club. He will be a clear target for any club who finished in the lower half of the table last season because all of them are able to spend money on players more than we are. Loads of players have moved in this window which we should have been able to afford. We allowed players to leave in the summer because we wouldn't give them another contract and all we have done is buy a bargain basement bench warmer if our injured players return. If we lose at Newcastle on Saturday we face the prospect of being rank bottom and then into a season long relegation battle. I say it again WTF is going on at the club.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1983 times
Has Liked: 2872 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Have you heard of a thing called libel, you might want to look it up before making any more accusations based on personal opinion.

Mr Garlick does not run the football club from his personal accounts as far as I know, so how does he rob the club?
These 4 users liked this post: Gordaleman Andy J bfcmik Bosscat

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:17 pm
Given the money Fulham seem to be spending and the ability to attract players like Lookman on loan of course he will go to another PL club including Fulham if the chance arises. He looks and sounded like a man at the end of his tether with the club. He will be a clear target for any club who finished in the lower half of the table last season because all of them are able to spend money on players more than we are. Loads of players have moved in this window which we should have been able to afford. We allowed players to leave in the summer because we wouldn't give them another contract and all we have done is buy a bargain basement bench warmer if our injured players return. If we lose at Newcastle on Saturday we face the prospect of being rank bottom and then into a season long relegation battle. I say it again WTF is going on at the club.
Yeah, Fulham spent £100m+ last time they were promoted. Didn’t do them any good did it? And so far this season they’ve amassed as many point as we have but played one more game.

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:22 pm

MACCA wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Doubt it, no one walks out of a 75k a week job.

He will be off at the first chance he gets, but wont walkout because we have failed him again in another window, it's been happening for years.
They do if there offered more !!!!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:23 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:22 pm
They do if there offered more !!!!
Yes, and guess what he’d walk if he was ‘offered more’ even if we’d spent as much as Fulham have.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:23 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:53 pm
Face like thunder. His voice loud and and clearly totally pi**ed off with the lack of transfers.
I've been telling you that for over a year now.

LaLigaClaret wrote:
He will walk if Monday goes by and nothing changes
Where?
LaLigaClaret wrote:
It looks like we are going down.
Why?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 pm

As Macca points out, Dyche is on too much money to just walk away. If he really wants out he may have to go somewhere like Forest or Derby, not sure he'll get another top flight job.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:30 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
It looks like we are going down.
Get a f**kin grip! We've only played 2 games and that was with 7 injured 1st team squad players unavailable!
These 3 users liked this post: Andy J Bosscat Claretjug

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm

I remember my first transfer window as a Burnley fan too
These 3 users liked this post: Transpennine evensteadiereddie Juan Tanamera

Transpennine

Post by Transpennine » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:17 pm

We're always in a relegation battle at this stage of the season...

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm
Yeah, Fulham spent £100m+ last time they were promoted. Didn’t do them any good did it? And so far this season they’ve amassed as many point as we have but played one more game.
Yeah but they didn't have Sean Dyche as manager they !! Anyway its not about the money he can spend as he has always said he wouldn't just splash money for the sake of it instead its about how Sean Dyche is being treated by the club.

Has anyone on this board actually watched his interview before spitting out the usual "the club can never do anything wrong". Yet again the happy clappers mantra.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Transpennine

Post by Transpennine » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 pm

"instead its about how Sean Dyche is being treated by the club"

How is he being treated? Its the same every year isn't it?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Talk about an over-reaction by the op, if we go down we go down, it's happened to clubs who've got deeper pockets then we have, and that's always been the reality for us at this level, yes covid has worsened our situation, but it's hardly new that we're cautious in the market, I'd rather we exercised restraint, than squandered 10's of millions on dross like Fulham and Villa have in recent seasons, one went straight back down, and the other stayed up by the skin of their teeth.

Once we get our first-choice players back, which sounds like it might be sooner rather than later, we'll be fine, The one thing we don't want to do is panic buy, because that never ends well for any club.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Can I ask... how is it clubs can spend millions yet we plead poverty after 5 years in the prem?
I understand it is well run, but is it? We turn a profit, but can't offer the same as (seemingly) any other club.

What is the difference? I thought tv money was the biggest income of most premier league clubs. 5 years and we are still struggling.
Anyone who has read and understand the end of year accounts know where we spend that others don't? Surely by now we are at a point of being able to keep up with promoted teams. I'm at a loss, and frustrated at the constant bemoaning of funds.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:39 pm

"If we go down, we go down.." Ah, thats the spirit...

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:40 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:23 pm
I've been telling you that for over a year now.

Where?

Why?

Yeah but today went to a much higher level of anger which was clearly evident.

As to where anyone who makes an approach for him within the PL.

As to why, you really need to ask. ?

Aging players check.

Prone to injuries. check.

Very small squad. check

no strength in depth. check

Central defenders who are 3rd and 4th choice not good enough for Pl. check

Morale of manager very low. check

Morale of players likely to decline. check

McNeill looking totally disinterested and in poor form. Check

Injured players may have lost another half yard of speed. check

How long will injuries go on for especially to get Dyche level fit, may not be available for selection for a fair chunk of time. check
Lack of pace. check

Lack of creativity. check

etc. etc.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:45 pm

I kind of agree that rightly or wrongly SD needs to suck it up, stop bleating publicly, take his 4 million? per year to the bank and get the team he's actually got there picking up points and if he puts his mind to it he can do that as he's done it before. The worrying thing is that some of our better players may well be picking up on all the negativity and his "enough is enough and the ship is suddenly in serious trouble" vibe and they start thinking they want away too. I wonder if Tark's recent dabble with leaving was less to do with Southgate's obsession with picking his team from more fashionable clubs and more about getting out whilst the going is good, as without serious incoming the future looks bleak and Sean is simply reinforcing that belief.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:47 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:40 pm
Lack of pace. check

Lack of creativity. check

etc. etc.
If we're so bad just how many new players will we need to sign to change things? Sounds like we need a complete new team! :D

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm
Talk about an over-reaction by the op
I thought it was way beyond any over reaction. Even the glass completely empty posters are more positive than this.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Andy J evensteadiereddie

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm

If Dyche's heart isn't really in it anymore it's a massive problem. It's starting to feel a bit like a loveless marriage, where the couple stays together simply through laziness, or the lack of a better option.

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm

JTClaret wrote:
Can I ask... how is it clubs can spend millions yet we plead poverty after 5 years in the prem?
I understand it is well run, but is it? We turn a profit, but can't offer the same as (seemingly) any other club.

What is the difference? I thought tv money was the biggest income of most premier league clubs. 5 years and we are still struggling.
Anyone who has read and understand the end of year accounts know where we spend that others don't? Surely by now we are at a point of being able to keep up with promoted teams. I'm at a loss, and frustrated at the constant bemoaning of funds.
er, why do you think we earn a profit? probably because we don't offer the same as all the other clubs!
We are considered to be run well because we don't overspend and don't spend what we don't have and rise the debt up whereas all the other clubs do. We clearly have a tight wage budget and with the COVID losses then the board are clearly showing they don't want to loosen the pants a little.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:54 pm

There comes a point when SD cannot continue to perform the same miracles and I can accept the OP's posts concern. People who are disenchanted with their employers do actually move for less money, simply for a better quality of life.

What you have to maybe consider, if SD's mood today hints at being totally disillusioned then part of him will go into the Newcastle game with the view of "if we lose the outside world will accept it in terms of squad depth, and I still get paid". Maybe 12 months ago it would have been more upbeat with a game plan to beat them. He may be paid well, but there's a lot more managers in the PL earning more .I for one believe he deserves every penny. I think lack of recruitment also affects the morale of key players like Pope, Wood, Mee -all have openly spoken about it. Can anyone honestly say we have done everything to exploit some bargains/end of contract players or nearing that/the loans market ??
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:56 pm

I find that blowing into a paper bag helps when I am having a panic attack LaLiga
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm

JTClaret wrote:

I agree. It’s bizarre we bought Brownhill and not De Bruyne. You couldn’t make it up could you? Tinpot, sack the board, the sack Dyche booooo out out out!
This user liked this post: JTClaret

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm

Calm your breathing guys we will be fine...up the clarets

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 pm
I thought it was way beyond any over reaction. Even the glass completely empty posters are more positive than this.
Opinions are to be welcomed on this board, it would be tedious if everyone agreed, and clearly we have issues to address, but that's nothing new to us.

I know all the focus will be on the first-team squad, but if you actually look at the development behind the scenes, Barnfield, the progress in the youth system, which was at rock bottom only a few years ago, and the fact that we have players who if we need to sell, we can expect big fees for. All these point towards the club making progress both on and off the field.

The probability is we will go down to the Championship at some stage, it might not be this season, or the next, but it's highly likely to occur at some time, and we need to have one eye on that scenario, and make sure we are prepared as well as we can be to hopefully bounceback, as we did the last time we suffered relegation.

claret10
Been Liked: 145 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by claret10 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm

JTClaret wrote:

I'm no expert but take the profit we made last year....then take away the number branded about in lost revenue due to the coronavirus this year and I'm sure you will have a fair indication.....frustrating yes but unfortunately we just don't have the personal wealth of an owner to back us up

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm

He won’t walk. Who would walk out of £4.5m a year? But one good offer from another Prem club and I reckon it’s farewell.

And with the ongoing situation which is becoming increasingly public, I don’t see his stock falling too far even if we do badly.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:00 pm

SGr wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm
He won’t walk. Who would walk out of £4.5m a year? But one good offer from another Prem club and I reckon it’s farewell.

And with the ongoing situation which is becoming increasingly public, I don’t see his stock falling too far even if we do badly.

I've thought that for some considerable time but I get accused of being negative. I think it' is just realistic. He's far from happy now at Burnley, that's bloody obvious.

Transpennine

Post by Transpennine » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:00 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Yeah but they didn't have Sean Dyche as manager they !! Anyway its not about the money he can spend as he has always said he wouldn't just splash money for the sake of it instead its about how Sean Dyche is being treated by the club.

Has anyone on this board actually watched his interview before spitting out the usual "the club can never do anything wrong". Yet again the happy clappers mantra.
Watched some of the interview, and its not much different to many others at this stage of previous seasons is it?

Yours
Happy-Clapper.

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

And breathe ..................

JTClaret

Post by JTClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm
er, why do you think we earn a profit? probably because we don't offer the same as all the other clubs!
We are considered to be run well because we don't overspend and don't spend what we don't have and rise the debt up whereas all the other clubs do. We clearly have a tight wage budget and with the COVID losses then the board are clearly showing they don't want to loosen the pants a little.
Yeah, I get that... but we aren't earning that much profit. I've praised the board many a time for keeping the safety of the club it's main priority. But our 5-10m profit last season wouldn't buy a premier league player... not an exciting one anyway. And I've said previously that Garlick may be ensuring we survive Covid. My point is, if we are as well run as we like to say, why are we not reaching a point where we can compete after 5 years. Instead bemoaning the 'rising transfer fees' year on year.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm

I like that we allow people to freely express their views on here

Cheers me up at times

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm

JTClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 pm
And I've said previously that Garlick may be ensuring we survive Covid.
I'm sure he is but the problems between him and Dyche have been going on a lot longer than COVID

JTClaret

Post by JTClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Dyched wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm
I agree. It’s bizarre we bought Brownhill and not De Bruyne. You couldn’t make it up could you? Tinpot, sack the board, the sack Dyche booooo out out out!
Come on. I'm not talking about De Bruyne here am I? This isn't like I was hoping for James Rodriguez and got Dale Stephens.
I'm happy to see signings like Brownhill... My question is why can't we compete. My question is WHY can't we compete when we appear to be the only ones that can't - But yeah, you call it having a pop if you want

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:11 pm

JTClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 pm
Yeah, I get that... but we aren't earning that much profit. I've praised the board many a time for keeping the safety of the club it's main priority. But our 5-10m profit last season wouldn't buy a premier league player... not an exciting one anyway. And I've said previously that Garlick may be ensuring we survive Covid. My point is, if we are as well run as we like to say, why are we not reaching a point where we can compete after 5 years. Instead bemoaning the 'rising transfer fees' year on year.
We are only considered to be run well because we're not in tons of debt, it's clearly a subjective term.
I'm guessing the new Training Complex has cost us some. And the rest of the money we have earned has gone back into the squad in fees & wages over the years with 3/4 year contracts for players.
The bit of profit we make is probably just that and helps with getting an odd player now & then like we've done with Brownhill & Peacock-Farrell for example. Nowt outstanding but that's all we can get, the best Champ players.

JTClaret

Post by JTClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:14 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm
I'm sure he is but the problems between him and Dyche have been going on a lot longer than COVID
Absolutely. That's why I'd asked if anyone could see the reason as to why we seem to struggle in the transfer windows.
I have been able to praise the board for many a year, but after 5 years I'd have liked to think we could at least show some sort of ability to spend on proven premier league quality, but I don't know, or understand what the difference between us and say Sheffield United is.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:

WTF is going on. He will walk if Monday goes by and nothing changes and whats more other players will be gone in the next window to.

It looks like we are going down. Its so depressing that the Board have treated Dyche the way they have, their a total bloody disgrace. Garlick must go.
Calm down dear ffs, while I get your frustration ,hysterical pre menstral screeching won’t get us anywhere . Have a glass of water or something .

Tarks and Barnes are back and the rest of the squad as good as back after break so plenty of positives . Granted,I’d have welcomed a strong serious right sided signing , and pretty suprised we didn’t stretch to Wilson but with big investment around the corner this ain’t the times for tears

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm

JTClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Come on. I'm not talking about De Bruyne here am I? This isn't like I was hoping for James Rodriguez and got Dale Stephens.
I'm happy to see signings like Brownhill... My question is why can't we compete. My question is WHY can't we compete when we appear to be the only ones that can't - But yeah, you call it having a pop if you want
We can compete but choose to go a different way. Bournemouth, for example, had similar income but spent £30-£40m more each season. Which is why they have had to sell everyone with value after getting relegated. Because they were £200m+ in debt. Brighton's owner is chucking £50m per year at them. After the demise of Norwich and Watford last season, who's left on anything like the same budget as us? West Brom, yes, but anyone else?

We could spend more. We could borrow some money on the proviso that if we go down we have to sell the best players and not replace them - which is not how it worked last time. Last time we lost Ings but signed Gray. That wouldn't work if we were over-borrowed.

I think Garlick's approach is the right one, and certainly it was the right one when Dyche was on board with it. Now, who knows. But if Dyche is not happy, then who's to say he would become happy if we signed H.Wilson and A.N.Other? If the spark has gone, it may have gone for good. In the meantime, pushing the boat out for Wilson isn't going to stop Dyche leaving if another, richer club wants to appoint him.
This user liked this post: JTClaret