The Bud Fight, sorry Presidential Debate

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Re: The Bud Fight, sorry Presidential Debate

Post by android » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:03 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:57 pm
If I raise a daughter that would even want to work for Trump or Pence I'd disown them and vow to have no more kids since I clearly raise shitty children.

Trump has been good friends with multiple paedophiles and himself credibly accused of raping kids, and Pence is a religious extremist like something out of Handmaid's Tale.

I think if much rather have my kid work for someone who in 47 years of public service has been accused of possibly smelling someone's hair.
As balanced as ever. I thought you were no longer talking to me?
These 3 users liked this post: KateR Quicknick FactualFrank

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:04 pm

oopps
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 2.03.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 2.03.42 PM.png (63.97 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
This user liked this post: KateR

PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Just to be clear , while I realise your post is reeking of virtue , are you seriously supposing Trump has “ raped young children “ ??
Yes. Based on credible accusations by his victim, his bff Jeffrey Epstein who he knew was a kiddie fiddler and still was bffs with him, his other buddy being the convicted paedophile George Nader, and that being a child molester wasn't a disqualifying trait of a senate candidate he chose to endorse. And the number of times he has openly fantasised about certain children (including his daughter), and the multiple allegations of him walking into children's dressing rooms during his pageants so that he could catch them in the nude.

Is it enough to convict him? Not yet. But it's certainly enough to come to my own conclusion about him.
Of course, he's welcome to sue people who accuse him, but oddly for someone as litigious as Donald Trump he's refused to sue anyone accusing him. How very strange.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/st ... 0384003072

As part of a "Day of Rage" riot, antifa shot inside a Portland cafe owned by a military veteran. Heroes American Cafe was the target of rioters after the establishment was categorized as an "unfriendly business" by antifa accounts on Twitter.

Yep. Just random individuals just so happen to converge, with innocent spontaneity, outside a business that an "idea" has identified to be an "unfriendly business. Then low and behold , what Jo Biden describes as an "idea" fires bullets into the premises.

Yep, not an "organisation" , completely impromptu course of events. Nothing to see. Move along now.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 am

I wonder, when anti abortion groups blow up clinics and assassinate doctors, does Ringo think that they were blown up or killed by anti-abortion?

Anti-abortion is an ideological position. Just like Anti-fascism is one. You have to be pretty dumb to think they're not.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/st ... 0384003072

As part of a "Day of Rage" riot, antifa shot inside a Portland cafe owned by a military veteran. Heroes American Cafe was the target of rioters after the establishment was categorized as an "unfriendly business" by antifa accounts on Twitter.

Yep. Just random individuals just so happen to converge, with innocent spontaneity, outside a business that an "idea" has identified to be an "unfriendly business. Then low and behold , what Jo Biden describes as an "idea" fires bullets into the premises.

Yep, not an "organisation" , completely impromptu course of events. Nothing to see. Move along now.
you do realize the guy who's twitter you quoted has been constantly laughed out of town for having zero credibility with his constant stream of misinformation ? You'll be quoting Charlie Kirk next

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 am

does this count as reliable news?

https://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=3056

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 am

KateR wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 am

not something I've come across but I would guess more so then Andy Ngo. If you don't know who he is then a quick google search will show why quoting him is ******* laughable

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:12 am

KateR wrote:

Toppled statues. Smashed windows.

**** me. I remember being taught about how our grandparents survived blitzes but now we're barely surviving "terrorists" who break some windows. Lol.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am

KateR wrote:

Kate. Would it surprise you to know that those rioters, those groups who dress in all black and attend peaceful leftwing protests solely to commit acts of violence are not a new phenomena? And that the left have been trying for years to prevent their violence and disassociate themselves with them?

Well, it's true.

Now that you know that are you in any way more sceptical of people on the right, people who also know that, deliberately trying to associate these black clad rioters with left wing protesters and attempting to treat all of them together as terrorists?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:57 pm
If I raise a daughter that would even want to work for Trump or Pence I'd disown them and vow to have no more kids since I clearly raise shitty children.

Trump has been good friends with multiple paedophiles and himself credibly accused of raping kids, and Pence is a religious extremist like something out of Handmaid's Tale.

I think if much rather have my kid work for someone who in 47 years of public service has been accused of possibly smelling someone's hair.
You were supporting Hillary at the last election :lol:

You don't half contract yourself when you attempt to signal your virtue Charlie

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 am

Greenmile wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:11 pm
One of the two men mentioned in this sentence will not allow himself to attend any event serving alcohol or eat a meal with a woman unless his wife (who he calls “mother”) is also present.

The other is a guy who Damo thinks is “creepy”.
It's really cute that you have logged on to defend creepy Joe's feelings pal.
Now that you have stated that the other guy is also really creepy, that means Joe Biden isn't
Is that how it works?
I can't remember my actual point, but I'll happily retract it
Touche!

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 am

I didn't support Hillary at the last election, I opposed Trump.
I supported Bernie in the last election and in this one.

But none of that actually matters. What matters are the arguments I make which you apparently can't counter with anything worthy of being described as a counter-argument.

I mean. Even if I did support Hillary, so what? What's that got to do with anything?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 am

Damo wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 am
You were supporting Hillary at the last election :lol:

You don't half contract yourself when you attempt to signal your virtue Charlie
you do realise that despite the fact nobody liked her she still got more votes than Trump ? People actually like Biden, the only way Trump gets in this time is if he cheats

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 am
you do realise that despite the fact nobody liked her she still got more votes than Trump ? People actually like Biden, the only way Trump gets in this time is if he cheats

Unless something drastically changes in the polling the only chance he has is a massive electoral fraud push across multiple states in his favour (all but impossible to pull off and get away with) or be ahead after election night but before the tens of millions of early votes and mailed-in votes are counted. This is key for him because then when he ends up massively behind he can claim its all because of fraud. Just like he did 4 years ago. Except this time, because he'll lose the electoral college, he'll go to the States with Republican legislatures and ask them to throw out the popular vote and appoint loyalist electors to cast the electoral college votes for him, as is their stated plan.

I didn't know this until recently, but the Republicans were gonna do this in 2000 until the SCOTUS stopped the vote counting, giving the election to Bush.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3750 times
Has Liked: 7522 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 am

An excellent overview of things in The Scotsman
Worrying to read these things. But twisted things are happening and, what's going on over there affects us all.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/c ... sh-3000452

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4242 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 am

android wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 pm
Would you say that if Pence were a muslim rather than a Christian?...
If he were Muslim, I wouldn’t need to say anything, because Damo et al would never be defending him in the first place.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am

President Donald Trump FULL SPEECH at Sanford, FL Rally 10/12/20
Thousands attending. :geek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUiSqnRJYDo

Meanwhile @ Child Sniffer 'rally'.
No popular support.
https://yt3.ggpht.com/qj36R4Il0WLXtWsgb ... 0=s1654-nd

Joe Biden’s Miami ‘Car Parade’ a Total Flop – Only 15 Cars Participate (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 ... ate-video/

Biden and Harris hold a campaign event in Arizona and the local news can’t believe that not one supporter showed up!
https://twitter.com/dailycallout/status ... 1610074112

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:49 am

HahaYeah wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am
And apparently not a single person was tested for the virus before entering the event.

Over 200,000 deaths from the virus are seen as an inconvenience aren't they?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:02 am

Trump and his Covid death rally's - Just look at those red states rise up the Covid leaderboard the dumb f*cks

https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:49 am
And apparently not a single person was tested for the virus before entering the event.

Yeah,they'll be fine. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QvwXacQjIk

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Everything you need to know about the President in that video

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 am
not something I've come across but I would guess more so then Andy Ngo. If you don't know who he is then a quick google search will show why quoting him is ******* laughable
I have no idea who Ngo is, but have heard someone else say similar things, I don't have Twitter or Instagram, but it was easy to look for the headline, there were numerous reports. I only selected that one as it was different from a newspaper/media type outlet, last time I did that there were all sorts of other comments in, yes but you can't trust them they are far right.

It wasn't just statues, it described the shooting and anyone, left right, up down, who tries to justify this kind of behavior is for me a radical and I could never agree with them, there is no justification for anarchy against democratically elected government and the mechanisms. I am not saying that everyone should just agree and carry on, protest and change are definitely good but this is an organized mob, whatever name you want to call them, they are wrong, take the politics out of it, no one can justify it, no one, yet certain people are.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am
Yeah,they'll be fine. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QvwXacQjIk
I'm not surprised you find all those deaths amusing

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:49 am

Apparently they were all temperature checked, as is the case here for venues. No virus checks because one hasn’t been invented yet with a 1 minute turnaround.

200,000 deaths, probably about 150,000 excess deaths vs normal, out of 2,800,000 Americans who usually die each year. We should all feel free to think that is a disgrace, but context is important, My view is that it needs taking very, very seriously, but isn’t something to warrant changing your whole countries way of life for.

I was pleased with Boris yesterday, he had the right balance, rather than the more radical SAGE recommendations, Trump I’m less knowledgable about, but guidance not enforcement is what I’d applaud him for if he did. All Biden does is scaremonger. The guy spends so much time in a mask he looks like it has been surgically implanted, and as SAGE documentation in the UK said yesterday about outdoor mask wearing:

“Very Low impact on community transmission. High confidence. Low transmission rates outdoors and most risky contacts are made indoors. May have a small impact for those people who have to come into close contact with others.”

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:29 pm
Apparently they were all temperature checked, as is the case here for venues. No virus checks because one hasn’t been invented yet with a 1 minute turnaround.

200,000 deaths, probably about 150,000 excess deaths vs normal, out of 2,800,000 Americans who usually die each year. We should all feel free to think that is a disgrace, but context is important, My view is that it needs taking very, very seriously, but isn’t something to warrant changing your whole countries way of life for.

I was pleased with Boris yesterday, he had the right balance, rather than the more radical SAGE recommendations, Trump I’m less knowledgable about, but guidance not enforcement is what I’d applaud him for if he did. All Biden does is scaremonger. The guy spends so much time in a mask he looks like it has been surgically implanted, and as SAGE documentation in the UK said yesterday about outdoor mask wearing:

“Very Low impact on community transmission. High confidence. Low transmission rates outdoors and most risky contacts are made indoors. May have a small impact for those people who have to come into close contact with others.”
But how on earth do we stop hospitals being overwhelmed if people should have more freedom to mix and not wear masks?

ICUs will have a problem within a few weeks if we are not careful.

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm
But how on earth do we stop hospitals being overwhelmed if people should have more freedom to mix and not wear masks?

we need people to wear masks and wash hands often plus try to stay away from each other, people who don't wear masks when they can and should are the main issue, controlling these people is a major factor. We all know the virus is here, it's staying, there is no vaccine, stay in/break the upturn cycle every time you release measures, therefore it's going to be cyclic unless people make the difference.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Anyway back on topic. Nate Silver on 538 has some very good analysis on the polls and why Biden is currently leading by a large margin.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 am
If he were Muslim, I wouldn’t need to say anything, because Damo et al would never be defending him in the first place.
Are you ok pal? You don't usually post nonsense like this. I always thought you were much more calm and rational.
I know sometimes people can feel like they are emotionally invested in certain overseas political figures, but it might be time to take a step back and avoid all this carry on if its getting to you.
The result isn't going to affect you that much in the grand scheme of things, and going off what Charlie says (and he knows about this stuff) your man is going to win at a canter

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm

HahaYeah wrote:

No popular support.

Biden and Harris hold a campaign event in Arizona and the local news can’t believe that not one supporter showed up!
are you 10 years old ?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:56 pm

My girlfriend said she'll leave me if I don't support Trump.

I said okay... Bi den.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret tiger76

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Damo wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 pm
Are you ok pal? You don't usually post nonsense like this. I always thought you were much more calm and rational.
I know sometimes people can feel like they are emotionally invested in certain overseas political figures, but it might be time to take a step back and avoid all this carry on if its getting to you.
The result isn't going to affect you that much in the grand scheme of things, and going off what Charlie says (and he knows about this stuff) your man is going to win at a canter
I’m fine thanks Damo. You should really stop trying to read emotion into my posts - I don’t think you’re very good at it. If I ever get angry or upset during a conversation with you on here, I’ll be sure to make it very clear for you (block caps, exclamation marks, the whole shebang).

But don’t try to tell me that, if the VP of the USA was as strict a Muslim as he is a Christian, you wouldn’t have a problem with it, though, no matter how “creepy” your news sources tell you his opponent is.

I’m not saying you’re a an islamophobe, but the type of Twitter accounts / news sources / presidents you like to parrot when you say stuff like “mad Nancy” “creepy Joe” etc definitely are.

I’d have a problem with it too, fwiw, but then I also have a problem with Pence’s extreme religious views, whereas you think both sides would (should?) prefer him over Joe Biden, for reasons you’ve not really explained.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:47 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 pm
"accidentally"

https://mobile.twitter.com/wusa9/status ... 1671619588
The Dems won it comfortably last time so hopefully won't make too much difference.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:49 pm
I’m fine thanks Damo. You should really stop trying to read emotion into my posts - I don’t think you’re very good at it. If I ever get angry or upset during a conversation with you on here, I’ll be sure to make it very clear for you (block caps, exclamation marks, the whole shebang).

But don’t try to tell me that, if the VP of the USA was as strict a Muslim as he is a Christian, you wouldn’t have a problem with it, though, no matter how “creepy” your news sources tell you his opponent is.

I’m not saying you’re a an islamophobe, but the type of Twitter accounts / news sources / presidents you like to parrot when you say stuff like “mad Nancy” “creepy Joe” etc definitely are.

I’d have a problem with it too, fwiw, but then I also have a problem with Pence’s extreme religious views, whereas you think both sides would (should?) prefer him over Joe Biden, for reasons you’ve not really explained.
Ok, well I'm glad to hear that.
The only reason I asked is because your last few comments towards me don't read like yours.
You usually wait for people to say something about peoples skin colour or religion before implying they are racist for example. I certainly wouldn't expect you to start criticising someone's religious beliefs, and then imply someone else (who hasn't mentioned anyones religion) is narrow minded.
Not like you at all that

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 am
you do realize the guy who's twitter you quoted has been constantly laughed out of town for having zero credibility with his constant stream of misinformation ? You'll be quoting Charlie Kirk next
"Laughed out of town " by those unable to control the reflex to label anything they disagree with as "racist" or "right wing" and , subsequently, in their minds , it simultaneously means it lacks credibility and can therefore be simply ignored. That's how it works.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 am
I wonder, when anti abortion groups blow up clinics and assassinate doctors, does Ringo think that they were blown up or killed by anti-abortion?

Anti-abortion is an ideological position. Just like Anti-fascism is one. You have to be pretty dumb to think they're not.
So theres me highlighting that when Jo Biden claims that "Antifa is just an idea not an organisation " by posting the evidence of violence, intimidation, looting, rioting , criminality, arson and shooting into premises by
the justification that the owners have been identified as political enemies. Showing an "idea" or "ideological position " isn't capable of carrying a violent criminality but an organisation or organised group is.

And then you come along and use analogy that only re-emphasises the point for me!

It's the kind of thing that hapless clown , Imploding Turtle , would do during the wee small hours from deep within the bowels of the Turtle Bunker. When , the urge to lash out at, " it moves so, therefore, it must be racist " , without actually thinking about the content he'd be, far too hastily, be posting. 🤭

Anyway, thanks for the affirmation with your analogy.

👍

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:13 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Sorry for the delay replying.

The SAGE Non Pharmaceutical Intervention list makes it clear (as in the quote I provided) that mask wearing outdoors has only a very low impact on transmission (but a big impact on our culture, I would suggest).

Hence it has virtually no impact on hospitals. Which is why Biden is being a virtue signalling muppet - because he knows this stuff.

Indoors is a different matter when people are in close quarters - now the virus is increasing I have no problem with people wearing them in shops or particularly risky areas like hairdressers.

NHS bed capacity will be fine, I expect it to stay above water with the Nightingales helping. Every winter bed capacity is stretched anyway - there will be some headaches but that’s what they pay us for. Obviously if I’m wrong and our day to day actions don’t keep a lid on this, I’d expect circuit breaker lockdowns to bring numbers down again - but local, not national, despite what the opportunistic Starmer is trying to get credit for in a few weeks time. Same principle should be used in the US. A bit like a Whack A Mole game with each mole being a local area’s Covid rate.
This user liked this post: Spijed

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 pm
Showing an "idea" or "ideological position " isn't capable of carrying a violent criminality but an organisation or organised group is.
So you’ve finally adopted the position everyone arguing against you was taking and claimed it as your own :lol: Well done, that’s a new one even for you.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 pm
"Laughed out of town " by those unable to control the reflex to label anything they disagree with as "racist" or "right wing" and , subsequently, in their minds , it simultaneously means it lacks credibility and can therefore be simply ignored. That's how it works.
Sorry Ringo, you are sooooooo wrong. The guy you quoted has been discredited so many times I've lost count. He has a huge agenda and has had so many tweets removed because of false information etc. Also, with respect, it's you who seem to be losing your **** a little bit with this - maybe you should work on controlling your reflex, this is nothing but a conversation and well, you've lost it which is not like you on other threads tbh :shock:
Last edited by Vegas Claret on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:13 pm
Sorry for the delay replying.

The SAGE Non Pharmaceutical Intervention list makes it clear (as in the quote I provided) that mask wearing outdoors has only a very low impact on transmission (but a big impact on our culture, I would suggest).

Hence it has virtually no impact on hospitals. Which is why Biden is being a virtue signalling muppet - because he knows this stuff.

Indoors is a different matter when people are in close quarters - now the virus is increasing I have no problem with people wearing them in shops or particularly risky areas like hairdressers.

NHS bed capacity will be fine, I expect it to stay above water with the Nightingales helping. Every winter bed capacity is stretched anyway - there will be some headaches but that’s what they pay us for. Obviously if I’m wrong and our day to day actions don’t keep a lid on this, I’d expect circuit breaker lockdowns to bring numbers down again - but local, not national, despite what the opportunistic Starmer is trying to get credit for in a few weeks time. Same principle should be used in the US. A bit like a Whack A Mole game with each mole being a local area’s Covid rate.
just my completely non expert opinion on this if I may - the problem with that approach is that those who need "normal" operations wont get them if the wards are filled with covid patients. Any impact mask wearing has be it large or small is worth it surely ?

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:04 am

HahaYeah wrote:

No popular support.

I assume, you'll be changing your user name to "Haha Yeah, i'm a total loser" Right after the Election?

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 pm
So theres me highlighting that when Jo Biden claims that "Antifa is just an idea not an organisation " by posting the evidence of violence, intimidation, looting, rioting , criminality, arson and shooting into premises by
the justification that the owners have been identified as political enemies. Showing an "idea" or "ideological position " isn't capable of carrying a violent criminality but an organisation or organised group is.

And then you come along and use analogy that only re-emphasises the point for me!

It's the kind of thing that hapless clown , Imploding Turtle , would do during the wee small hours from deep within the bowels of the Turtle Bunker. When , the urge to lash out at, " it moves so, therefore, it must be racist " , without actually thinking about the content he'd be, far too hastily, be posting. 🤭

Anyway, thanks for the affirmation with your analogy.

👍

You have yet to provide any details of the Antifa organisation. I asked you ages ago to tell me who the organisations leadership are but you've provided nothing. All you do is provide videos of people committing violence and then you claim they are a part of a group that you can't demonstrate exists.

Show me who is the leader of Antifa. Show me their leadership structure. Give us names and their positions within that structure. Who founded them? Where are they headquartered?

But you won't provide any of that, because you can't, because Anti-fascism isnt an organisation.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 am

Damo wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm
Ok, well I'm glad to hear that.
The only reason I asked is because your last few comments towards me don't read like yours.
You usually wait for people to say something about peoples skin colour or religion before implying they are racist for example. I certainly wouldn't expect you to start criticising someone's religious beliefs, and then imply someone else (who hasn't mentioned anyones religion) is narrow minded.
Not like you at all that
It wasn’t me that brought Islam into the conversation. I was just answering android’s question - he doesn’t like it when he asks me a question and doesn’t get an answer, so I try to oblige.

android

Post by android » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 am

Greenmile wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 am
It wasn’t me that brought Islam into the conversation. I was just answering android’s question - he doesn’t like it when he asks me a question and doesn’t get an answer, so I try to oblige.
I was going to post a smart arse reply but I can't be bothered and there is no point. Seeking common ground would be better so I have had a word with myself. Thank you for answering my question. Have to say though that you could try being less judgmental with posters who happen to have different political views.

PeterWilton

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 am

android wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:06 am
Have to say though that you could try being less judgmental with posters who happen to have different political views.

:roll:
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am

If the election is meant to be a secret ballot until the day of the election why do they start declaring how many Republicans and Democrats have already voted, either by mail or at the polling booth?

android

Post by android » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am

martin_p wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 pm
So you’ve finally adopted the position everyone arguing against you was taking and claimed it as your own :lol: Well done, that’s a new one even for you.
Maybe we should go with Wiki on this one. Antifa is a "left wing political movement" so more than an idea (Biden/Peter) and a bit less than an organisation (Ringo).

android

Post by android » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 am
:roll:
I suppose I should clarify for you then. I have no problem with people being judged on what they say and do. I was referring to a person being judged on fictitious views ascribed to them by others. It's often someone being called a racist or implied to be a racist, as is the fashion. I don't think I have done that.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm

I dislike Trump as much as you can dislike anyone. But Biden just comes across as boring. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump win but hope against hope he doesn't. The young people of the world deserve better but neither are inspirational.