Klopp

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Re: Klopp

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 pm
Did you see the replays of half time? He was shouting and flailing his arms at the 4th official, he came chasing Dyche down the tunnel doing the same thing. Doesn't matter if Dyche said something that wound him up. He shouldn't be allowed to act that way. Its disrespectful to the game.

Even if Dyche told him where to go, it still doesn't warrant actions like that. One thing against another manager, but also against the officials?

Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of passion in the game but I'm with Dyche when it comes to my opinion of him. I think he's a disrespectful idiot, Dyche already told him what he thought in a previous game after he was taunting our bench with his stupid celebrations, and now he's shown that if we are respectful in victory he will do exactly the opposite and act like a spoilt teenager.

If we acted in a similar fashion in victory as he did, I'm sure he'd end up punching Dyche and getting banned from the game, but we don't because our staff are respectful.
Sean Dyche doesn't appear to agree with you. he considered it to be something and nothing:
Asked about the incident, Dyche told Sky Sports: “You know when we come to these places, we are allowed to actually fight.

“We are allowed to actually try to win. That’s all it was.

“A couple of things got said. It was absolutely nothing that should be out of the norm.

“It was just two managers fighting for their teams, wanting to win a game.

“There’s nothing wrong with that.”

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:30 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm
Sean Dyche doesn't appear to agree with you. he considered it to be something and nothing:
Asked about the incident, Dyche told Sky Sports: “You know when we come to these places, we are allowed to actually fight.

“We are allowed to actually try to win. That’s all it was.

“A couple of things got said. It was absolutely nothing that should be out of the norm.

“It was just two managers fighting for their teams, wanting to win a game.

“There’s nothing wrong with that.”
Oh common man, you can clearly see Dyche doesn't like Klopp and Klopp doesn't like Dyche, he's just playing it down to the media.

Those quotes are a bit like Ashley Barnes when he said the Fabinho incident was just a bit of handbags. What someone thinks and what they say to the media are two very different things.

Actions speak a lot louder than words.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1050 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by MrTopTier » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 pm

4040604C-C254-4E3B-8E1C-F7AE8392200A.jpeg
4040604C-C254-4E3B-8E1C-F7AE8392200A.jpeg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 972 times
These 4 users liked this post: NewClaret LeadBelly Steve1956 RingoMcCartney

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:52 pm

I think you are all being quite unkind to Klopp. He's a man of his word. He promised he would shave off his beard next time Liverpool lost a home game in the Premier League and he's done it today.

Klopp shaves beard.jpg
Klopp shaves beard.jpg (47.91 KiB) Viewed 918 times
These 2 users liked this post: Longsider Fenwick

Fenwick
Been Liked: 202 times
Has Liked: 128 times

Post by Fenwick » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Mrs Rashid was innocent ! don't tar her with the same ( tooth ) brush

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Klopp and Dyche probably haven’t got on since the Ben Mee incident at the Turf. This started the dislike between each other I think. You can tell by how they bump fists or shake hands when they barely make eye contact. This has happened in the last few meetings.

I said this at the game last season but people in the know on here thought differently. Last night pretty much proves it given how respectful Dyche is with every other manager.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Goodclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 pm

He's not the best loser but name me many managers who are?
There can be only one.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5564 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:17 am

IMG-20210123-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210123-WA0000.jpg (73.05 KiB) Viewed 810 times

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6492 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:58 am

MrTopTier wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 pm
4040604C-C254-4E3B-8E1C-F7AE8392200A.jpeg
Thanks for that one MrTT,absolutely brilliant.
This user liked this post: MrTopTier

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 am

steve1264b wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:45 pm
HIs first sentence "an impossible game to lose"
Yes and of course there is no such thing as an impossible game to lose.

How many times have we seen incredulous comments and behaviour from managers when we have beaten them. Quite often. Chelsea, Spurs (Poch)
etc. Its as though they have a right to win and underestimate us.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6492 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Link didnt work but its funny

robclaret
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by robclaret » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:44 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Maybe we're interpreting his comments differently. I assumed he meant that it was a "must win" game for them, which they lost, hence "impossible to lose".
His English is good, but sometimes the choice of phrase from foreigners can cause misinterpretation.
But, irrespective of that comment, I didn't hear him complain about Burnley at all. He focused on his own team's failings, and took the blame himself.
I'm a big fan of Dyche but if you don't think that he makes "dubious" comments in his post match interviews, then you have very claret tinted glasses.
Supporters of other clubs consider him to be a real whinger.
Klopp had a disastrous result and is under tremendous pressure from the media. Overall, I think he's handled the press ok.
Hiya desperandum. Reading your reply and after a few days to calm down calm down, you give me a lot of food for thought. Maybe I did misinterpret
his comments. I'm not a fan of his,so maybe I was already clouded and I took it the wrong way. I really upset my aunt who's a scouser when I moaned to her. She obviously loves him. As for Sean, I was meaning he never says anything out of the spur of the moment. He always says what he means and doesn't say things out of anger.Totally understand other fans seeing him as a moaner because of what we have in numbers. He does it all the time. UTC
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

robclaret
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by robclaret » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:47 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Maybe we're interpreting his comments differently. I assumed he meant that it was a "must win" game for them, which they lost, hence "impossible to lose".
His English is good, but sometimes the choice of phrase from foreigners can cause misinterpretation.
But, irrespective of that comment, I didn't hear him complain about Burnley at all. He focused on his own team's failings, and took the blame himself.
I'm a big fan of Dyche but if you don't think that he makes "dubious" comments in his post match interviews, then you have very claret tinted glasses.
Supporters of other clubs consider him to be a real whinger.
Klopp had a disastrous result and is under tremendous pressure from the media. Overall, I think he's handled the press ok.
Hiya desperandum. Reading your reply and after a few days to calm down calm down, you give me a lot of food for thought. Maybe I did misinterpret
his comments. I'm not a fan of his,so maybe I was already clouded and I took it the wrong way. I really upset my aunt who's a scouser when I moaned to her. She obviously loves him. As for Sean, I was meaning he never says anything out of the spur of the moment. He always says what he means and doesn't say things out of anger.Totally understand other fans seeing him as a moaner because of what we have in numbers. He does it all the time. UTC
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:48 pm

robclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:47 pm
I was just trying to be a bit balanced.
He wasn't complimentary to us, but he is under pressure, and clearly there is some issue between him and Dyche.
I think he's just typical of a manager at a top club who gets upset when they lose to a "lesser" club. He's no better, no worse, but I didn't think that his reaction the other night was notably worse than what we regularly see, and that was my point really.
The "incident" at half-time was just two men who are a bit pumped up, but to say, as some did, that Klopp should be banned for his half-time "antics" seemed way over the top to me. Nothing much to see.
UTC as you say.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18289 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:53 pm