January Transfer Window Discussion - Rumours and Links welcome

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Re: January Transfer Window Discussion - Rumours and Links welcome

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:36 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:33 pm
There is no fan income this season and we have no idea how much we'll get next either.
How are the club meant to plan financially for that and put pen to paper on deals?

Look around, near silence from most clubs.
New owners or not, be realistic.
This was also the case in the summer where they couldn't plan so I don't get your point? As mentioned above other clubs had decent summers, we didn't. Failing to strengthen the first 11 for the 7th window on the trot could potentially cost us relegation and a hell of a lot more than a couple of signings
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret Right_winger

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:51 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:36 pm
This was also the case in the summer where they couldn't plan so I don't get your point? As mentioned above other clubs had decent summers, we didn't. Failing to strengthen the first 11 for the 7th window on the trot could potentially cost us relegation and a hell of a lot more than a couple of signings
We will go down eventually, it's inevitable so accept it.
If we've done the same thing the last 7 windows and stayed up doesn't that show our approach works? We could sign a ton of new players and still go down, we see it every season.
Asking the owners to throw cash at a problem that doesn't really exist (we're competing just fine) while the whole world tightens it's belt and urges fiscal responsibility in the face of an uncertain few years ahead :?:
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:36 pm
But say we did strengthen in the last window or 2, we could have then got relegated to league 2, and then what?
We could have gone bust.

If signing players means we become the next Bolton, I'd rather we didnt

Just because the likes of Luton, Blackburn and Barnsley go round spending over a million, doesnt mean we have to. They've obviously not got to contend with covid like we have.
( which is unfair if you ask me )

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:51 pm
If we've done the same thing the last 7 windows and stayed up doesn't that show our approach works? We could sign a ton of new players and still go down, we see it every season.
Asking the owners to throw cash around while the whole world tightens it's belt and urges fiscal responsibility in the face of an uncertain few years ahead :?:
If that's the attitude then why bother even playing. Hell we might as well just wave the white flag now.

Reality is yes we will go down eventually but that shouldn't be down to a lack of trying to improve the team and just be content.

If certain boxers had that attitude they wouldn't even get in the ring
Last edited by DomBFC1882 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

MACCA wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm
But say we did strengthen in the last window or 2, we could have then got relegated to league 2, and then what?
We could have gone bust.

If signing players means we become the next Bolton, I'd rather we didnt

Just because the likes of Luton, Blackburn and Barnsley go round spending over a million, doesnt mean we have to. They've obviously not got to contend with covid like we have.
( which is unfair if you ask me )
On the flip side of that Macca we could also be on 30 points and challenging for a europa league place. Impossible for every signing to work but you've got to at least try to improve

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:58 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm
If certain boxers had that attitude they wouldn't even get in the ring
I'm saying when there's no crowd buying tickets until :?: we shouldn't be buying a new pair of gloves when we've done fine, nay, overachieved with the ones we have already.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:07 pm

60% of the league without any transfers in.
A handful of loans elsewhere mostly.

Come back in a couple of windows with the same old arguments about strengthening and risk vs reward but right now there's a Pandemic on which has shaken every business to it's core and professional sport is no exception.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 pm

According to Nixon, we've offered and had rejected £7.5m for Collins.
20210131_171428.jpg
20210131_171428.jpg (152.13 KiB) Viewed 3500 times

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:21 pm

Hopefully we bid up to 10mil tomorrow.

Tarky alone will bring that in and Collins is the perfect replacement. No brained.

Come on Burnley let's get him

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm

Latest transfer news:

Signings 'improbable' ahead of transfer deadline - Burnley boss Sean Dyche.

Sean Dyche says it is "Improbable" Burnley get any business done before the transfer window closes.

Oh well there is always the summer transfer window

LawsCanalJump
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by LawsCanalJump » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:28 pm

Pace said dyche wouldn't be frustrated and would have backing, that was him under promising
With 0 signings tomorrow is a big day for him over delivering as he said
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 pm

They are evidently trying to sign players. Let’s see where we are tomorrow night.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Just said on sky Liverpool keen on Ben Davies at PNE, 2 million. I was hoping we might have been looking at him but if we were we can forget it now.

smithybridgeclaret

Post by smithybridgeclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Nixon reporting we've gone to 7.5 for Collins-Stoke said no.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Won’t displace Lowts on today’s performance - was very good.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:42 pm

Has Boden been told to stand down yet? Always my second favourite part of any transfer window after the hilarious Clive Holt fax machine joke.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 BertiesBeehole

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 pm
They are evidently trying to sign players. Let’s see where we are tomorrow night.
Are they though? Let’s be realistic if nothing is agreed by 9am tomorrow no deal is happening. This isn’t a mega rich club where a 10m deal can be done quickly.

Really really disappointed in the new owners this window.
Our squad is back to being threadbare again and we haven’t strengthened at all.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:51 pm
Asking the owners to throw cash at a problem that doesn't really exist (we're competing just fine) while the whole world tightens it's belt and urges fiscal responsibility in the face of an uncertain few years ahead :?:
I liken the situation we are in re strengthening the squad/doing nothing as its "not broke", a bit like owning a house that has served the owner well, and is being rented out, but in urgent need of major modernisation and improvement. Sooner or later that house is going to need some major money spent on it, and doing it sooner rather than later will cost less. Failing that we will always find a mug prepared to pay the rental regardless of condition

The COVID for me has had one advantage, in that I have seen every minute of every PL game Burnley have payed since May. People seem to be in acceptance of the defeat today-but Wolves held them a few days ago and are sitting in the table next to us, and you can bet the eleven Tuchel picked v Wolves were all trying to impress. Today we could potentially have picked up a point, but it was like playing with 10 men. We had two left footed wide men who played on the right, and neither played well . I have to go back 12-18 months ago to say about either "WOW-he played well".We have needed a right sided wide man since Lennon left-that's two windows ago.We would have known longer than that, that he was going.

We started with a striker today , that despite all his running has scored three goals in the PL in as many years. Today he was literally bullied by the Chelsea defence, which you rarely see in the PL.. The prospect now, because of our depth. is Vydra and Jay starting v Stones & Diaz-can you see us being able to hold the ball up in the City half. Oh I forgot, its City , we dont' need to worry, as they always stuff us

We have two central defenders who are the bed rock of our team, and but for them today it could have been 5-0 . At Liverpool and Arsenal and against other teams they have seen us come away with points. However we now expect these two to stay fit for the next 16 games. How many points did we lose before Mee came back, and during Tarkowski's toe-gate episode

Its not going to take much to improve our "home", and we are not renowned for splashing the cash, as we have made a number of shrewd signings in the last half a dozen years. Something struck me yesterday when the four players signed new contracts-we have a number of players happy to sign on the dotted line, knowing if they don't they will not get the chance to play in the PL again. Burnley through the lack of competition allows them to continue to draw a wage in the PL. I am certain that was timed to take focus off the window

I am amazed at the lack of ambition in our fan base. Yes we have survived in the PL for 5 years. Yes we have put runs together numerous times. And yes we are not at the foot of the table.Almost as if we are exempt from relegation-even then I suspect some fans would accept relegation. For me we should be doing everything within reason to prolong that experience, before we become another Stoke City. If we continue as we are thats an inevitability
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:48 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm
Are they though? Let’s be realistic if nothing is agreed by 9am tomorrow no deal is happening. This isn’t a mega rich club where a 10m deal can be done quickly.

Really really disappointed in the new owners this window.
Our squad is back to being threadbare again and we haven’t strengthened at all.
It seems you don't really understand how the transfer market works. If we agree to sign a player by 9am tomorrow for £10m it doesn't mean £10m will be in the selling club's bank account by then too.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:48 pm
It seems you don't really understand how the transfer market works. If we agree to sign a player by 9am tomorrow for £10m it doesn't mean £10m will be in the selling club's bank account by then too.
Did I say it would?

I am referring to agreeing how the sums are going to be paid.
This is a big transfer fee and the fine details will have be gone over. Unlike a Chelsea or United where they would just agree whatever to get the job done.

This might be one of the worst windows we have had in the last 5 years.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:54 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 pm
I am amazed at the lack of ambition in our fan base. Yes we have survived in the PL for 5 years. Yes we have put runs together numerous times. And yes we are not at the foot of the table.Almost as if we are exempt from relegation-even then I suspect some fans would accept relegation. For me we should be doing everything within reason to prolong that experience, before we become another Stoke City. If we continue as we are thats an inevitability
I'd like to see your argument when a team that you think has recruited well in the transfer market gets relegated. Will it be just one of those things in that instance?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:56 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm
What does this actually mean?

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:05 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:54 pm
I'd like to see your argument when a team that you think has recruited well in the transfer market gets relegated. Will it be just one of those things in that instance?
There has been a lot of bad recruiting as there is too much money available through wealthy owners in the PL, and the recruiters dont appear to be accountable. I am advocating some investment. Imagine had we recruited both Walcott and Dawson last window-both had been available on loan, but we procrastinated. I guess you are happy to own a house thats desperate for some TLC and might fall down. I am from the school of "to do nothing is to do wrong". Sorry but I value our PL experience

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:07 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:56 pm
What does this actually mean?
It means what he has said. It "might" be the worst transfer window in 5 years.

For the record though I don't think it is, we have plenty of competition for that award including the last 2 summer windows

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Newcastleclaret is a bit of a drama queen.

We could agree a £10m deal at 9pm tomorrow night and still get it done.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Did I say it would?

This is a big transfer fee and the fine details will have be gone over. Unlike a Chelsea or United where they would just agree whatever to get the job done.

So you're suggesting that we could agree a deal in principle with the club, player and agent but we wouldn't be able to execute the process in time if it was after 9am - what's that based on?

Incidentally, I would suggest deals involving Man United and Chelsea are often more complex for a range of reasons including detailed image rights.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:17 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:10 pm
Newcastleclaret is a bit of a drama queen.

We could agree a £10m deal at 9pm tomorrow night and still get it done.
I don’t see how we could. Would have to get a medical done and agree terms with player in the space of two hours. I know you can go over the time limit if the documents are signed before the window closes but realistically for a signing of this scale it would need to be agreed in the morning.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:17 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:07 pm
It means what he has said. It "might" be the worst transfer window in 5 years.

For the record though I don't think it is, we have plenty of competition for that award including the last 2 summer windows
Since when did transfer windows become good or bad? For some posters on here, particularly Newcastleclaret, it seems that the transfer window is more important than the football. It's pretty cringey when people make a period of time when clubs are able to trade players into a form of entertainment and it seems obsession.

I would have loved us to add some players, but if we don't it is by no means terminal. We're in a healthy league position and whilst we're short of quality in some areas we have more than enough to see us through to the summer.

I also don't know how you can rate a transfer window until a long time after that window closes. How do you know how successful a signing will prove to be? Losing Pope and Tarkowski would no doubt prove to be a 'bad window', but I don't see how keeping the same squad that we had before the window opened can be classed as 'the worst transfer window in 5 years'.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:18 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:17 pm
I don’t see how we could. Would have to get a medical done and agree terms with player in the space of two hours. I know you can go over the time limit if the documents are signed before the window closes but realistically for a signing of this scale it would need to be agreed in the morning.
There are plenty of deals that go through very late, without the time for completing medical etc. There will presumably be clauses that void the deal if a medical, completed later, is failed.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:19 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 pm
So you're suggesting that we could agree a deal in principle with the club, player and agent but we wouldn't be able to execute the process in time if it was after 9am - what's that based on?

Incidentally, I would suggest deals involving Man United and Chelsea are often more complex for a range of reasons including detailed image rights.
Could go past 9am but not by much for it to get done in time.

If it was a massive signing you are right but for a low value signing it would be done completed very quickly because they have less financial risk.

We have to be more financially prudent and can’t just throw money at it tomorrow to get the deal over the line. If Liverpool sign Davies tomorrow it will be done very quickly because it’s low risk for a club that size.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Since when did transfer windows become good or bad? For some posters on here, particularly Newcastleclaret, it seems that the transfer window is more important than the football. It's pretty cringey when people make a period of time when clubs are able to trade players into a form of entertainment and it seems obsession.

I would have loved us to add some players, but if we don't it is by no means terminal. We're in a healthy league position and whilst we're short of quality in some areas we have more than enough to see us through to the summer.

I also don't know how you can rate a transfer window until a long time after that window closes. How do you know how successful a signing will prove to be? Losing Pope and Tarkowski would no doubt prove to be a 'bad window', but I don't see how keeping the same squad that we had before the window opened can be classed as 'the worst transfer window in 5 years'.
I certainly think you can have a good or a bad window, but I take your point about possibly not knowing until a few months down the line.

You mention having enough to see us through... would you be so confident of our survival if we lost Tarkowski or McNeil for the remainder of the season?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

Our squad is threadbare. Stats show that if one of Mee or Tarks get injured our points expected per game literally drop off a cliff.
If we don’t sign anyone it is definitely a bad window I don’t understand how you can say otherwise.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm
I certainly think you can have a good or a bad window, but I take your point about possibly not knowing until a few months down the line.

You mention having enough to see us through... would you be so confident of our survival if we lost Tarkowski or McNeil for the remainder of the season?
No I wouldn't be so confident, just like I'm sure Liverpool fans weren't as confident when VVD got injured, or Spurs wouldn't be so confident if Kane got injured. I still think we'd stay up if we lost both of those players though. We probably only need 12 more points.

We are never going to have backup players that are as capable of Tarkowski or McNeill - so whilst I would love more depth and quality to the squad, I don't think we desperately need to add this before the summer - although that would obviously be preferable.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:25 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Our squad is threadbare. Stats show that if one of Mee or Tarks get injured our points expected per game literally drop off a cliff.
If we don’t sign anyone it is definitely a bad window I don’t understand how you can say otherwise.
You were saying to me the other day a centre half isn't the priority.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Our squad isn't threadbare. And as above, obviously our points per game will drop significantly if our best players don't play. This is the same for most teams.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:27 pm

We had 0 shots on target today, and only 1 shot off target. We've had quite a lot of games like that this season. Buying a Defender should not be our first priority.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Boss Hogg

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:32 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:25 pm
You were saying to me the other day a centre half isn't the priority.
I think we have higher priorities elsewhere. CM, RM are crucial this window in my opinion. But doesn’t mean we don’t need a CB.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 pm
Our squad isn't threadbare. And as above, obviously our points per game will drop significantly if our best players don't play. This is the same for most teams.
After today we have 15 senior players that are fit.

Not sure what else you can call that other than threadbare.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:36 pm

"Our squad isn't threadbare"

So,are you are saying that Ben Mee was mistaken when, in an article published in The Guardian last Summer, he stated that the club needed 3 or 4 new additions to the squad numbers and that it was almost embarrassing at times to see the bench filled with youth team players? During some fixtures we couldn't even name the required number of substitutes.

A couple more injuries and we will be back in that dark place.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:39 pm

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:40 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:33 pm
After today we have 15 senior players that are fit.

Not sure what else you can call that other than threadbare.
Aren't Barnes, Taylor and Brownhill likely to be fit for our next game?
I think we'll have a few more than your estimated 15, to be fair.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 pm
No I wouldn't be so confident, just like I'm sure Liverpool fans weren't as confident when VVD got injured, or Spurs wouldn't be so confident if Kane got injured. I still think we'd stay up if we lost both of those players though. We probably only need 12 more points.

We are never going to have backup players that are as capable of Tarkowski or McNeill - so whilst I would love more depth and quality to the squad, I don't think we desperately need to add this before the summer - although that would obviously be preferable.
The beginning of the season, without Tarkowski, makes me concerned as to just how we’d gain sufficient points to stay up, should he be injured. A lack of goals and a much weaker defence is a recipe for disaster.

When we are already on the look out for his replacement, it would be the ideal time to recruit someone, on a number of fronts. I appreciate that it’s not the best window and the impacts of Covid.

Whoever we bring in won’t be as good as Tarkowski, but I’d assume that Collins for example are seen as a long term replacement and a stronger option than Long.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Did I say it would?

Stop been so dramatic

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:42 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:40 pm
I doubt it. None were on the bench today. Be surprised if they are classed as match fit for Wednesday.

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 670 times

Post by burnley007 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Anyone suggesting we don't urgently need new players must have missed the fact that Mumbongo had to play today.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 pm

Ben Davies of Preston , is going to Liverpool. Funny that Leicester nearly got him before Forfana. Just mentioning this as everyone keeps telling me how hard this window is, and I have seen his name appear on this forum since last year.. He must be some player, and you would have thought that before Liverpool knocked on his door, a guy out of contract in Summer would have jumped at the chance of joining us

Local cricketer

Post by Local cricketer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:51 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:19 pm
Could go past 9am but not by much for it to get done in time.

If it was a massive signing you are right but for a low value signing it would be done completed very quickly because they have less financial risk.

We have to be more financially prudent and can’t just throw money at it tomorrow to get the deal over the line. If Liverpool sign Davies tomorrow it will be done very quickly because it’s low risk for a club that size.

You do realise that a medical can be done for a deal is agreed?

Local cricketer

Post by Local cricketer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:52 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:40 pm
Can only play 11 anyway

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm

To quote from Ben Mee's article in The Guradian published 9 September 2020

"There is still plenty of time to go in the window as it does not close until October. We did well towards the end of last season despite LACKING DEPTH but if we suffer a few injuries this season, then we'd be down to BARE BONES with what is currently available."

During that window there was just 1 incoming.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm

burnley007 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:48 pm
Anyone suggesting we don't urgently need new players must have missed the fact that Mumbongo had to play today.
I wouldn't want more than four senior forwards and some other positions are higher priority.