Dyche sending a message?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Re: Dyche sending a message?

Post by Right_winger » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:36 pm
So a player who's been here for just under 10 years, majority as first choice, is our club captain, admired by many for his grit, determination and how he carries himself after 340 club appearances for us is still not rated by you?

I thought one of your earlier comments was the daftest I'd see all week, then you went and surpassed it.
Grit and determination is all he has. Certainly no pace and certainly a very limited football player. Again if he’s so good why has no one ever tried to sign him? Is it because they don’t rate him and realise that in any other system other than pack out the defence with midfielders that he will get chronically exposed?

He’s ok for a certain level, but if we are to improve then we need better. Vastly overrated by some on here

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Grit and determination is all he has. Certainly no pace and certainly a very limited football player. Again if he’s so good why has no one ever tried to sign him? Is it because they don’t rate him and realise that in any other system other than pack out the defence with midfielders that he will get chronically exposed?

He’s ok for a certain level, but if we are to improve then we need better. Vastly overrated by some on here

You don't have to keep trying to outdo yourself in the stupidity stakes with every post, think most people know by now

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm
You don't have to keep trying to outdo yourself in the stupidity stakes with every post, think most people know by now
It’s only stupid to you because you have limited intelligence.

A lion does not follow the sheep

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm
It’s only stupid to you because you have limited intelligence.

A lion does not follow the sheep

:D :D Are you putting yourself in the lion category ?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Right_winger wrote:

So you judge him on no one trying to sign him?
Maybe he's never wanted to leave.
He's settled, paid well, local to his family, 2 young kids etc.

I think you're over rating yourself, it isn't us over rating him.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm

Right_winger wrote:

Pretty valid points. Mee is an excellent defender in the right formation with our tactics.

I think he would struggle at most other clubs purely down to his ball playing skills and lack of pace.

Keane has struggled at Everton and is only just starting to see some kind of form. I imagine Mee would be very similar.

However given our budget I don’t think it is plausible to suggest we could get better. I just don’t think we are an attractive enough proposition and won’t pay enough.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:02 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:53 pm
So you judge him on no one trying to sign him?
Maybe he's never wanted to leave.
He's settled, paid well, local to his family, 2 young kids etc.

I think you're over rating yourself, it isn't us over rating him.
I judge a player by what I see, and I see a very limited player in Ben Mee. A player who is slow, prone to mistakes and uncomfortable on the ball. Our system certainly flatters him.

Players who are rated by others are always in demand.

There’s a few posters on here with the mentality of what ever Dyche says is good enough for them. In other words sheep they follow without actually understanding why.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm
Pretty valid points. Mee is an excellent defender in the right formation with our tactics.

I think he would struggle at most other clubs purely down to his ball playing skills and lack of pace.

Keane has struggled at Everton and is only just starting to see some kind of form. I imagine Mee would be very similar.

However given our budget I don’t think it is plausible to suggest we could get better. I just don’t think we are an attractive enough proposition and won’t pay enough.
Keane struggled because of inept management originally, Koeman couldn't set up a team and the less said about Silva the better.
Ancelotti knows what he's doing and that's being shown in Keanes performances.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:02 pm
I judge a player by what I see, and I see a very limited player in Ben Mee. A player who is slow, prone to mistakes and uncomfortable on the ball. Our system certainly flatters him.

Players who are rated by others are always in demand.

There’s a few posters on here with the mentality of what ever Dyche says is good enough for them. In other words sheep they follow without actually understanding why.
You're in no position to question anyone's mentality after today.

Ben Mee is rated, just because he hasn't moved this doesn't make him a poor player.

If this is gonna be your latest agenda against the club then great, cos it's going to be hilarious

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5554 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:10 pm

This is a left foot thing from Right Winger isn't it? First Jones, now Mee. It'll be Taylor and McNeil next.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:04 pm
You're in no position to question anyone's mentality after today.

Ben Mee is rated, just because he hasn't moved this doesn't make him a poor player.

If this is gonna be your latest agenda against the club then great, cos it's going to be hilarious
Says who you? And you are who to question mentality? Im not the one blindly follow someone else’s opinion without understanding

Again according to who? Certainly not enough by other clubs to suggest they must have him in their side. What do you think the like of Keane, Tarkowski and Shackell were all in demand ? ( all far superior players to Mee aswell )

Not a crusade. Iv never rated Mee. Have said numerous times in the past.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:16 pm
Says who you? And you are who to question mentality? Im not the one blindly follow someone else’s opinion without understanding

Again according to who? Certainly not enough by other clubs to suggest they must have him in their side. What do you think the like of Keane, Tarkowski and Shackell were all in demand ? ( all far superior players to Mee aswell )

Shackell wanted to go, it was best for all concerned that he went too and if he was so superior, why did he spend most of his career outside the PL?
Mee has played the majority of his in the top flight.

Like I said, you might not rate him, but your opinion on this one is invalid because you're pushing an agenda.

We've been lucky to have him here, because he's been a perfect foil for Keane and Tarks and will be for the next one to partner him.

Tarks and Keane are different types of defenders, ball playing, Mee does the dirty work and does it well.

How often is Mee left for dead by an attacker?
Not often because he uses his brain to position himself in a way that allows him time and space to stop the opposition.
If you'd been watching him you'd know that, the fact is you haven't seen it because you haven't been watching him.

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Post by DomBFC1882 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:16 pm

I think you have a point about other clubs and being honest if other clubs wanted him they'd have him by now like the other players you mentioned.

Can't have the point of you wanting him out though as he's exceptional for us and the results earlier in the season spoke volumes regarding his importance to us.

Dyche to stay Mee to stay 😁
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81