Piers Morgan

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Re: Piers Morgan

Post by Wellsy1882 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:45 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 pm
Piers has been obsessively expressing his opinions for a long time now, it's quite odd how obsessed he really is.

As for Alex Beresford, he brilliantly took Piers apart, it doesn't matter if he's the weather man or not, what he said was spot on.
Marlon tore him a new hass hole

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 515 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 pm
I'm not sure what your point is, it's quite difficult to make sense of what you've put.

You expect Morgan to adhere to a time to talk and a time to listen ? He made - and will continue to make - shedloads of money by doing the opposite.
His crucifixion of Hancock was a thing of beauty, though.
As was his demolition of Emily Thornberry. Blaming contradicting herself on just waking up. He's a narcissist though and seemingly has no inner monologue and tact. Bizarrely he has an army of fans that love his controversy. Celeb culture has a lot to answer for.
These 2 users liked this post: yTib evensteadiereddie

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm

What actually happened? I heard he walked off for some reason but that’s it. Presumably it’s something to do with the ex-royal trough feeders and their attempts (successfully it would seem) to stay on the front pages of low budget magazines.
I actually like Piers Morgan but I can see how some might not, but it sounds like he might have been a little petulant.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:11 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 pm
What actually happened? I heard he walked off for some reason but that’s it. Presumably it’s something to do with the ex-royal trough feeders and their attempts (successfully it would seem) to stay on the front pages of low budget magazines.
I actually like Piers Morgan but I can see how some might not, but it sounds like he might have been a little petulant.
he walked off because somebody stood up to him. nothing to do with ex-royals or your media darlings. just a weatherman with more intelligence than piers morgan could ever dream of.

your last sentence, however, is a rare treat from you; accurate.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:12 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm
As was his demolition of Emily Thornberry. Blaming contradicting herself on just waking up. He's a narcissist though and seemingly has no inner monologue and tact. Bizarrely he has an army of fans that love his controversy. Celeb culture has a lot to answer for.
I don’t think his ‘army of fans’ like him because of celebrity. I for one can’t stand the obsession with ‘celebs’ but I kinda like the guy. Just don’t him too seriously and you can get with him. He’s a bit like a cheeky schoolboy in some ways but he can’t half irritate politicos and that is a good thing. I appreciate he’s marmite though, there doesn’t seem to be much grey area when it comes to opinions about him.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm

No, no, no. It was the weatherman's fault. Jumping to the defence of a complete fraud who he, and others, have been taken in by. He's was there to give news of the weather and nothing else. He should be sacked.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Meghan is an exploitative, manipulative narcissist. She's isolated Harry. He's lost everything , she's lost nothing and only gained an amount of publicity she craves her 3rd rate acting couldn never bring her. She'll do with Harry exactly as she's done with all those unfortunate enough to enter her self obsessed world, which includes her family . Use them and dump them.

THANK GOD WILLIAM WAS BORN FIRST.
These 4 users liked this post: dermotdermot tim_noone Boss Hogg Firthy

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:23 pm

yTib wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:11 pm
he walked off because somebody stood up to him. nothing to do with ex-royals or your media darlings. just a weatherman with more intelligence than piers morgan could ever dream of.

your last sentence, however, is a rare treat from you; accurate.
If I am sometimes ‘inaccurate’ it might have something to do with not obsessively turning to Google for every discussion on here, which in the end is not very important in the overall scheme of things. I think you might just find I am:
A. Reasonably accurate in most things.
B. Willing to admit I’m wrong.
C. Not really too fussed about being either on here.
Compare this to many on here who feel the need to back up their arguments with any old rubbish from Google where you can actually find ‘proof’ to support almost any argument if you look hard enough.

Anyway I don’t seem to remember ever having an argument with you (forgive me if I have if it’s important to you) so why the snide comment? Or is it just because you don’t agree with me?
These 2 users liked this post: elwaclaret evensteadiereddie

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm

The Oprah Winfrey Meghan and Harry interview.

A billionaire talks to 2 multi millionaires about just how tough life is!
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat houseboy tim_noone elwaclaret ants_g

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm

Cos rich people don’t have problems :roll:

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:32 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:23 pm
If I am sometimes ‘inaccurate’ it might have something to do with not obsessively turning to Google for every discussion on here, which in the end is not very important in the overall scheme of things. I think you might just find I am:
A. Reasonably accurate in most things.
B. Willing to admit I’m wrong.
C. Not really too fussed about being either on here.
Compare this to many on here who feel the need to back up their arguments with any old rubbish from Google where you can actually find ‘proof’ to support almost any argument if you look hard enough.

Anyway I don’t seem to remember ever having an argument with you (forgive me if I have if it’s important to you) so why the snide comment? Or is it just because you don’t agree with me?
It was my turn yesterday, yours today, somebody else’s tomorrow.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:32 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm

Precisely the reason why I avoided the whole thing like the proverbial plague.

timel0veandtendayi
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by timel0veandtendayi » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm
THANK GOD WILLIAM WAS BORN FIRST.
The one who cheated on his wife and had it conveniently swept under the royal rug alongside his weird granddad's racism and his uncle's kid fingering?*

*For legal reasons... 'allegedly'.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:32 pm
It was my turn yesterday, yours today, somebody else’s tomorrow.
Probably bud. The day I start losing sleep over somebody having a go at me on a football forum will be the day I have to re-evaluate my life.

That day is not today. 😂😂😂
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

karatekid
Been Liked: 1111 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:39 pm

I’m so glad I’m outside of all this hysteria that surrounds these recent events. I will never meet these people and they weren’t talking about me or anyone close to me so it is totally irrelevant to me. BUT....I don’t understand people who think seeking personal privacy involves an interview with Oprah Winfrey in which they involve one of the most well know families on earth. The Queen seems nice enough though I suppose.

yTib

Post by yTib » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:41 pm

they might live in an ivory tower but i can't help but feel sorry for these two.

mostly there is anti-royal sentiments towards royals among the working class and that's fair enough.

however this fella and his missus have tried to get away from this bizarre culture and yet they are demonised for it.

talk about a no-win situation!

piers morgan is just a younger max clifford. how anyone could characterise him as a journalist is laughable.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 pm

karatekid wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:39 pm
I’m so glad I’m outside of all this hysteria that surrounds these recent events. I will never meet these people and they weren’t talking about me or anyone close to me so it is totally irrelevant to me. BUT....I don’t understand people who think seeking personal privacy involves an interview with Oprah Winfrey in which they involve one of the most well know families on earth. The Queen seems nice enough though I suppose.
Wonderfully put my friend. Some people just don’t understand irony I think. Let’s get out of the media rat race because it’s terrible, oh and we mustn’t forget to book our spot on Oprah lest people forget who we are.
I could cry laughing sometimes.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 pm
Wonderfully put my friend. Some people just don’t understand irony I think. Let’s get out of the media rat race because it’s terrible, oh and we mustn’t forget to book our spot on Oprah lest people forget who we are.
I could cry laughing sometimes.
So you think they should remain silent whilst cretins like Piers spout their nonsense and lies? They’ve stood up for themselves and so they should.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 pm

Meghan Markle to the Royal Family as Yoko Ono was to The Beatles......

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 pm

Far, far worse.

yTib

Post by yTib » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 pm

you don't do irony houseboy and i doubt you are really laughing.

those people are merely exercising their right to reply to the kind of dogdirt 'journalism' that hounded his mother literally to her death.

the daily express literally sells hatred and folk buy it.

yTib

Post by yTib » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:52 pm

and i see all the vitriol is aimed at meghan whilst harry remains an innocent passenger....
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Dyched wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 pm
So you think they should remain silent whilst cretins like Piers spout their nonsense and lies? They’ve stood up for themselves and so they should.
To be honest I have no interest in what they have to say and you may be right but I was just pointing out the glaring irony of the situation. If I had left a high profile situation because of my dislike of/distrust of/fear of it then I would probably avoid going on one of the highest profile shows in America. The question is, I think, do they want privacy or not? It would appear not.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:02 am

yTib wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 pm
you don't do irony houseboy and i doubt you are really laughing.

those people are merely exercising their right to reply to the kind of dogdirt 'journalism' that hounded his mother literally to her death.

the daily express literally sells hatred and folk buy it.
Hi there again and how are you tonight? You appear to know a lot about me, are you stalking me? I’ve just looked outside my door and you don’t appear to be there so how do you know I’m not laughing?

How very odd.

Unless I said something you don’t agree with. Oh hang on, yes, it’s that ‘I disagree with you so I’ll pretend to know you and make things up’ kind of thing. It’s not every day someone shows there admiration for me this much. Thanks bud. You just made me feel a whole lot better. I like you.
Last edited by houseboy on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

yTib

Post by yTib » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 am

why do folk assume that celebrities are fair game 24/7?

if i was a butcher i wouldn't want someone knocking on my window at midnight asking me for a pork pie.

i'm sure they do court attention. i'm equally sure they do want privacy.

it's a cold, shallow mentality that thinks just because they are in the public eye that they are somehow public property.

yTib

Post by yTib » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:14 am

houseboy your laughter seems to be quickly turning into tears.

chin up you big girl.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2913 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 am

Wow... that was entertaining. As someone who has not been much of a Royalist and am generally a bit of a Painite I have to say I had absolutely no doubt at all what the plan always was. She has the biggest stage in the world job done. She’s an actor playing a victim. I have seen many variations of mental illness.... a lot more than a few, and not one would have troweled it on as much as she does on her pals exclusive show... it is kin hilarious and touching how much you all care.

Thank you. I care as much about them as they do about me generally, but that was fun.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:10 am

I was at journalism college with Piers Morgan in the mid 80s. He was in my opinion a pompous, stuck-up, dislikeable, know-it-all A-hole then and appears to have never changed since. Liked to criticize everybody else but couldn't stand being criticized...

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 am

I quite like Morgan, despite his history.
He was the first to wake up to wokism, and call it out. Never afraid of sticking it to stalling politicians.
Sadly as his reputation grew, so did his ego. He's almost a muppet like parody of himself, as was.
He'll land on his feet, people like him always do, he has fans, and one mans poison is another mans meat.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 am

Morgan didn’t storm off

He calculated his exit. He knew doing what he did would generate the most headlines. All about his next salary
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan evensteadiereddie

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:57 am

He went to my school and had a bad reputation but can't help but think he's right with this one. Even idiots like him and Clarkson can be right once in a blue moon.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:57 am

Oxygen thief of the highest order and yet still people blow smoke up his harris. It would be no surprise to me when he pops up somewhere else to polarise the populace. The thing with him (and other people like him) is that he is bipolar in his approach to reporting. He will pin his flag to either mask and create arguments so that “stuff” is “newsworthy”, when in reality Doris losing a cat in Hampstead isn’t, but he’d have you believe there’s a cat thief about.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5087 times
Has Liked: 6901 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:33 am

TBH don't like the man he is arrogant and over opinionated and trys to make himself the story, however out of all the broadcasters on tele he ha been pretty good if not the best at holding politicians to account so much so that Boris Johnson avoided him like the plague.
Last edited by bfcjg on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

eastanglianclaret
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by eastanglianclaret » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 am

"The thing with him (and other people like him) is that he is bipolar in his approach to reporting. He will pin his flag to either mask and create arguments so that “stuff” is “newsworthy”, when in reality Doris losing a cat in Hampstead isn’t, but he’d have you believe there’s a cat thief about." (Zlatan). Is he Adrian Durham in disguise?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5087 times
Has Liked: 6901 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:36 am

Let's all get away from the keyboards for a while and find this bstard that is stealing cats.

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:57 am

If anyone has seen his eel like performance at the Levison Enquiry answering questions about phone hacking, you would realise he is a man without scruples.
He plays to the crowd anticipating the popular mood, which yesterday he got completely wrong.
May he take time to reflect on his life and work, perhaps spend time with Pastor Mick in Burnley, helping those in despair.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:04 am

A lot of sympathy for Piers Morgan so last night I left him a voicemail on my phone for him to listen to

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:11 am

bfcjg wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:36 am
Let's all get away from the keyboards for a while and find this bstard that is stealing cats.
No, there is no cat thief. Morgan made it all up. Doris never had a cat but she went on a date once with piers, didn't get a word in and then refused to go on another date with him.
Doris has two hamsters of mixed race. She used to have an axolotl, but it walked out on her.

I think that probably sums this story up.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:14 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 pm
I’m not disputing any of that I never have, “ he certainly won’t be short of other job offers” if you want to get on in life & make friends & avoid confrontation & conflict it’s advisable not to rub people up the wrong way, I’m leaving you to it now Eddie because you know everything & you’ve mastered all life experiences.

I wouldn't say all but clearly more than you will ever manage - with the exception of playing the burning martyr. ;)

I don't know why you've made this personal but just to be clear ; I like Morgan attacking glib politicians and, for what it's worth, despise the freak show that is the Royal Family.That's about it. I think M and H have done well to leave them all to it.

Others on here will support the Royal Family no matter what, good for them.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 am

I love the fact that people have bought his “holding politicians to account” act......it’s all nonsense.

Shouting at and talking over politicians is not holding them to account.

After all of his “holding to account” what has he actually achieved?

The people in the media at the moment that genuinely can get information out of politicians and make them squirm are the likes of Neil and Maitlis. They are properly prepared and talented journalists that ask questions in a measured and structured manner. The polar opposite of Piers Morgan’s “Apologise, APOLOGISE, APOLOGISE”, act.

I also find it a little disingenuous that someone with Piers’ past has the platform to take a moral high ground against anybody.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Goodclaret

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:27 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 pm
Meghan Markle to the Royal Family as Yoko Ono was to The Beatles......
Hopefully.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:30 am

Nonsense, arise.
The quieter journos you mention ask a question, receive no real answer just vague, well-rehearsed waffle. The journos ask the same question and get a similar reply. The journos then move on.
At least Morgan broke it down to the simplest questions - the ones most of us would actually like to ask and ones that only the guilty or incompetent or both - can dodge.

Do you regret acting illegally, yes or no ?
Do you think clapping for nurses was/is an adequate replacement for a nurse's decent pay rise, yes or no ?
And so on.

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by CaptJohn » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am

Why hasn't this thread been removed? It's not football related has political content so should be taken down.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:37 am

CaptJohn wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am
Why hasn't this thread been removed? It's not football related has political content so should be taken down.
Because non-football related discussion has not been banned. This isn’t political.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:40 am

bfcjg wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:33 am
TBH don't like the man he is arrogant and over opinionated and trys to make himself the story, however out of all the broadcasters on tele he ha been pretty good if not the best at holding politicians to account so much so that Boris Johnson avoided him like the plague.
Boris also avoided Andrew Neil..

I think we all know which of the two is better at holding politicians to account and it isn't the manchild Piers.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:46 am

I don't get the "manchild" thing but Morgan's done well in raising awkward questions during this pandemic. I've not seen any of Neil's performances.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 am

FWIW I think it takes a rather idiotic person to accuse somebody of lying about something as serious as suicidal thoughts and mental health issues. Not to mention the other issues which we’re not allowed to talk about on here.

I have very little interest in Harry and Meghan and just as little interest in the archaic monarchy. But I watched the interview and whilst it was clearly on Harry and Meghan’s terms (why wouldn’t it be), I have no reason to disbelieve any of the content.

In fact there was a lot of talk about emails etc so it would be fairly easy for the Palace to disprove a number of the allegations.

For those saying that they wanted privacy, well I’m sure that was part of their decision. But if you actually listened to them answer questions to the main reasons why they decided to leave the royal family you would see that it wasn’t the main reason. And even if their desire for privacy played a large part in their decision, that doesn’t mean they should live as total recluses and never appear in front of cameras again. They clearly have much more privacy now than they did when trapped in the system.

A good number of you seem to have been brainwashed by our tabloid media, unsurprisingly. You could accuse me of being brainwashed by Harry and Meghan, but I know which party is the more honourable.
These 2 users liked this post: Hibsclaret Goodclaret

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:46 am
I don't get the "manchild" thing but Morgan's done well in raising awkward questions during this pandemic. I've not seen any of Neil's performances.
Last week someone from the education dept was on gmb to inform parents about what was going to be in place when children went back to school. Thousands of parents tuned in to find out. But instead they were treated to Morgan ranting at the minister, trying to get him to say the health secretary should resign over contracts etc. Now iam not saying the government shouldn't be questioned, but it has to be with the relevant dept, at a relevant time. In this case thousands of parents, wanting important questions answered never even saw the questions asked..... Is that what you would describe as Morgan.. Doing well?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:56 am

An excellent post, Rileybobs.

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:00 am

CaptJohn wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am
Bore off