Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am

martin_p wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 am
While all that may be true for some people it's also entirely possible that many people who were going to renew just hadn't got round to it when ticket sales were suddenly suspended early. To be honest I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the club to allow maybe a week for those who hadn't got round to renewing when sales were suspended last year to renew at the frozen price. I'm not in that boat myself but can understand the frustration of those who are.
I can understand their frustration too, I'm just being objective about the situation. If they were allowed a week to renew now then how would that be fair on those who did renew and then got a refund? Bear in mind that anybody who had a season ticket for the 2019/20 season could claim that they were going to renew on the last day of the deadline.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:19 am

Being punished for not letting the club keep the money is a joke.

They spend £1m in 2 transfer windows and expect the fans to accept a price increase on season tickets because someone needed the money rather than leaving it with the club, they should at very least allow the fans who got a refund a couple of week to renew at the old prices by direct debit - my best guess is the DD wont be interest free either and will be 'unavoidable costs due to covid'

New owners doing a great job at ***** fans off nice and early.
This user liked this post: Jacko

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1750 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:50 am
I don't know why you'd expect that though, as if you don't renew in the early bird period then you aren't guaranteed a price. As things played out would you honestly have renewed your ticket before the deadline? You have no way of proving that you would which unfortunately puts you in the same boat as people who renewed and then cancelled. Any 2019/20 season ticket holder could claim that they were waiting until the last day of the early bird deadline before renewing.

It's nothing to do with letting your ticket lapse as at no point were you guaranteed a price freeze for the 2021/22 season. The only people guaranteed the price freeze were those who had renewed who were incentivized to keep their payment with the club.

I sympathise with those who are subject to a price rise, but after so many seasons of frozen prices it was an inevitability at some point.
I don’t think it matters whether individuals would or wouldn’t have renewed if the deadline had run its full course.

As it happens I am one of those who leaves it to the last few days every year and then pays in full. That’s not really the point tho. They pulled the deadline forward and under the proposed approach, some very longstanding season tickets holders have not been given the benefit of the doubt.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32542 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:26 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 am
I know Tony, but my point is that the deadline was to purchase a season ticket for this season, which everybody was denied due to fans not being able to attend. When it became clear that fans would not be attending, those who had paid were incentivised to leave their money with the club for a guaranteed price freeze for next season. I personally don't see this as a penalty to those who didn't renew, as their seats have been saved. they just aren't guaranteed to get the same price as the 2019/20 season. Although I would like to think that 2019/20 season ticket holders will be offered a lower price than new customers.
The early bird window was shut early with an assurance that it would re-open to allow those people to purchase. That did not happen.

It’s not the only thing they’ve back tracked on. At one point they said all 2019/20 season ticket holders would be able to go into any ballots should fans be allowed back in. That then changed to only those who had kept money in. They said that all 2019/20 season tickets would be reserved until June (still on the club’s website), now it’s 24th May.

No wonder people are confused.

I’ve kept my money in and I pay by direct debit. I think that is much easier and I didn’t have to try and find the total amount last March. So this doesn’t affect me. However, I don’t have the I’m alright Jack attitude and I believe the likes of agreenwood, Darthlaw and many others have been badly let down by a club who have been unable to keep a consistent message.
These 5 users liked this post: Darthlaw dsr Jacko Whitgord bob77

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:28 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am
I can understand their frustration too, I'm just being objective about the situation. If they were allowed a week to renew now then how would that be fair on those who did renew and then got a refund? Bear in mind that anybody who had a season ticket for the 2019/20 season could claim that they were going to renew on the last day of the deadline.
Again, choice.

Those who CHOSE to take a refund vs those who had the option to renew taken away. In my case I even tried to pay on other occasions and the club would not let me.

The fact you keep questioning whether folk would renew is beyond me but does explain why you're willing to ignore the ethics of the situation. It does, however, give an insight into someone's thinking at the club.

I'd be more interested as to what sum they're likely to gain from adding this premium, personally. As I've already explained on this thread, if they apply any additional cost to me, I'll happily stop any further non ST purchases from the club, which I reckon is in the region of around £450 per season.
Last edited by Darthlaw on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:28 am

One thing they haven't said - when they increase prices for the one-week renewal period for existing season ticket holders caught by the early-bird closure, are they increasing it from the early bird price of £455 (Bob Lord adult) or from the "standard" price of £580?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:29 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 am
I have proof that they took away my ability to renew within the agreed timescale.

Is simple ethics, really. You don't say 'pay by this date', then stop someones ability to pay by said date, then penalise them for it. Questioning whether they would have paid just reeks of backing up your cash grab by questioning the customer's motives.

FWIW - I think they'll see sense on this. The poor feeling generated by such a move would easily outweigh the additional revenue generated.
Whether you feel that it's right or wrong, my simple point is that they only prevented you from renewing your season ticket for the 2020/21 season. There were no terms of that renewal that guaranteed a price freeze for the 2021/22 season.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:30 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am
To me there are 3 categories of fans - 1) those who renewed and left their money in 2) those who renewed but took their money out 3) those who didn't get around to renewing. I don't think that in the circumstances which the club closed the Early Bird window early, without notice, thereby preventing some people from renewing, that those in 3 shouldn't be given the opportunity to renew for 2020/21 by opening a very short window (2 weeks or so). I've actually presented this suggestion to the club and am awaiting a reply. The club should easily be able to identify which fans fall into the 3 category.
These 3 users liked this post: Jacko Whitgord bob77

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:30 am

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the renewal period. It's irrelevant when the website can't actually take any money off you. With three of the tickets I need to renew now costing more than the previous season I've a balance to pay. 3 times and 3 fails in terms of the message coming back from the website. It's meant to make things easier. I dubious to try again in case one of the payments actually goes through as I authenticated with the card provider. Anyone else suffering.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am

What will happen if I do absolutely nothing? The clubs got my money. Will they just automatically use my credit for a new season ticket?

I’m too lazy

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:26 am
The early bird window was shut early with an assurance that it would re-open to allow those people to purchase. That did not happen.

It’s not the only thing they’ve back tracked on. At one point they said all 2019/20 season ticket holders would be able to go into any ballots should fans be allowed back in. That then changed to only those who had kept money in. They said that all 2019/20 season tickets would be reserved until June (still on the club’s website), now it’s 24th May.

No wonder people are confused.

I’ve kept my money in and I pay by direct debit. I think that is much easier and I didn’t have to try and find the total amount last March. So this doesn’t affect me. However, I don’t have the I’m alright Jack attitude and I believe the likes of agreenwood, Darthlaw and many others have been badly let down by a club who have been unable to keep a consistent message.
I think it's unfair to say that I've got an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. I have repeatedly said I sympathise with those who may be subject to a price rise this season. But equally, had there been no pandemic then all of us would have been subject to the same price rise. And likewise, we all will be subject to it for the 2022/23 season.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:37 am

Also if I pay for my season ticket with the credit do I need to cancel my direct debit?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:39 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:29 am
Whether you feel that it's right or wrong, my simple point is that they only prevented you from renewing your season ticket for the 2020/21 season. There were no terms of that renewal that guaranteed a price freeze for the 2021/22 season.
It's not about whether there were guarantees or not, it's being treated differently from another group of supporters because you were denied the opportunity promised to be in that group. Now I'm not blaming the club for shutting own season ticket sales early last year, it was a very uncertain time, and to be honest no one then was thinking it'd be the 21/22 season before we got back on the ground. But given that that decision was taken then it seems reasonable to allow those who were denied the opportunity to renew in 2020 to do so now at the same price as those who did.
Last edited by martin_p on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: bob77

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am

Inchy wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:37 am
Also if I pay for my season ticket with the credit do I need to cancel my direct debit?
No - it’s done automatically

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:41 am

Someone earlier stated that they had actually renewed on 6th April, which was when most people understood that the window was closed. This may explain the situation.

Published by the club on 24th March, 2020

We understand that there is an amount of uncertainty regarding earlybird renewals for the 2020/2021 Premier League season.

As a result we would like to inform all supporters that the earlybird deadline for 2020/2021 frozen prices will now be extended beyond the end date of 31st March, and will remain open for the foreseeable future, for all pay up-front season tickets at frozen prices.

Please note: unfortunately, due to the nature of the 12-month direct debit option, this deadline cannot be extended for supporters purchasing via this method.

I can't find anything stating that the window had then closed again but presumably it was only open for a very short period.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:41 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am
I think it's unfair to say that I've got an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. I have repeatedly said I sympathise with those who may be subject to a price rise this season. But equally, had there been no pandemic then all of us would have been subject to the same price rise. And likewise, we all will be subject to it for the 2022/23 season.
That's the point. We will all be subject to it for the 2022-23 season. Clearly it would be impossible and wrong to charge any price increase to people who paid up front for 2021-22 via the 2020-21 direct debit; so in the interests of fairness why don't they give all of us renewing season ticket holders the same deal for 2021-22?

Normally the pay-in-full people are giving the club the money early while the direct debit people pay through the season. I have no problem with that, I am not claiming that we deserve extra for paying early. This year it's the direct debit people who have paid early while the pay-in-full people will pay later. Why should we be penalised for paying later? Especially when we didn't have a choice?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:41 am

I also have more money in credit than the cost of my season ticket. Will the difference be refunded?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 am

Inchy wrote:
What will happen if I do absolutely nothing? The clubs got my money. Will they just automatically use my credit for a new season ticket?

I’m too lazy
No, the credit will stay there unspent. You need to take the action required to renew.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:45 am

Rileybobs wrote:
I didn't say you had that attitude, I said I don't and I'll continue to support those fans who I believe have been badly let down by our club and it's constant mixed messages over the past year.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am

Inchy wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:41 am
I also have more money in credit than the cost of my season ticket. Will the difference be refunded?
How can you have? The money in your account is what you spent on your 2020/21 season ticket.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:47 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am
How can you have? The money in your account is what you spent on your 2020/21 season ticket.

You’re right sorry I’m talking rubbish :lol:

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 am

Inchy wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:47 am
You’re right sorry I’m talking rubbish :lol:
No comment :D

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 am

Leisure wrote:
Someone earlier stated that they had actually renewed on 6th April, which was when most people understood that the window was closed. This may explain the situation.

We understand that there is an amount of uncertainty regarding earlybird renewals for the 2020/2021 Premier League season.

As a result we would like to inform all supporters that the earlybird deadline for 2020/2021 frozen prices will now be extended beyond the end date of 31st March, and will remain open for the foreseeable future, for all pay up-front season tickets at frozen prices.

Please note: unfortunately, due to the nature of the 12-month direct debit option, this deadline cannot be extended for supporters purchasing via this method.

I can't find anything stating that the window had then closed again but presumably it was only open for a very short period.
The plot thickens.

Now it's just a question of integrity, rather than ethics.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:00 am

claret wizard wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:30 am
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the renewal period. It's irrelevant when the website can't actually take any money off you. With three of the tickets I need to renew now costing more than the previous season I've a balance to pay. 3 times and 3 fails in terms of the message coming back from the website. It's meant to make things easier. I dubious to try again in case one of the payments actually goes through as I authenticated with the card provider. Anyone else suffering.
I thought you could only renew now if you had money in your account... You shouldn't be using a card

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:02 am

Leisure wrote:

So it didn't close two weeks before 31st March?

brownside192
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by brownside192 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:03 am

Leisure wrote:

i mailed the club yesterday just to check i had my facts correct and they confirmed that online renewals remaind open until beginning of May last year but only for payment in full . just goes to show people only read what they want to read and actually there was no need to be stopped from renewing last march

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:00 am
I thought you could only renew now if you had money in your account... You shouldn't be using a card
My kids have all moved up an age bracket, under 22 to Adult and 2 x Under 18 to Under 22. Extra £246. You can take the "on account" element off the overall balance, but then you have to pay the remainder. I finally got it through on the 5th attempt. All renewed, but not as smotth as it should have been.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:30 am
I haven't read all the thread, but I've tried renewing and it says that no account is registered on my e-mail address!

I find that rather odd, given that's the e-mail address I've had for yonks and the one that BFC always e-mail me on.

Thoughts?
I've had this issue for 6 months plus, have they changed system or something?
I've had the email address 10 years and its linked to everything BFC related, I even still get emails off them, its
Very odd.

I noticed as I couldn't log in when I wanted to watch the interviews etc on clarets player.

I've tried emailing the club and Daz Bentley half a dozen times in the past 6 months, but as yet, still no reply.
If you find anything out can you let me know please and Visa versa?

I also set up a new email address and once I'd confirmed the account through the confirmation email they sent, the exact same thing happened.

I was thinking I'd been blocked or banned, but it happened on a new email too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am

brownside192 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:03 am
i mailed the club yesterday just to check i had my facts correct and they confirmed that online renewals remaind open until beginning of May last year but only for payment in full . just goes to show people only read what they want to read and actually there was no need to be stopped from renewing last march
Iam sure those making an issue of it will be along shortly to say they were wrong, and in fact the club extended the time they could purchase their last minute tickets.. I'll start holding my breath now

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:11 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:45 am
I didn't say you had that attitude, I said I don't and I'll continue to support those fans who I believe have been badly let down by our club and it's constant mixed messages over the past year.
Fair do's. Like you I support the fans and I would totally be in support of a price freeze for all fans this season, failing that a price freeze for all fans who held a season ticket for the 19/20 season. I'm just pointing out some of the flaws I see in the arguments.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:12 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:02 am
Here's the thread on here about it. It does change things somewhat in that certainly those who pay in full had ample opportunity to renew last year.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46223&hilit=direct+debit

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:13 am

dsr wrote:
That's the point. We will all be subject to it for the 2022-23 season. Clearly it would be impossible and wrong to charge any price increase to people who paid up front for 2021-22 via the 2020-21 direct debit; so in the interests of fairness why don't they give all of us renewing season ticket holders the same deal for 2021-22?

Normally the pay-in-full people are giving the club the money early while the direct debit people pay through the season. I have no problem with that, I am not claiming that we deserve extra for paying early. This year it's the direct debit people who have paid early while the pay-in-full people will pay later. Why should we be penalised for paying later? Especially when we didn't have a choice?
I'd be in favour of all fans getting the same deal to be honest. But to those who claim that it's unfair that they are being asked to pay more I could counter by saying it'd unfair for those fans who've been out of pocket for 12 months+ to not benefit whatsoever from not claiming a refund.

yorkyclaret
Been Liked: 246 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by yorkyclaret » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:14 am

Last year as a young 63 year old I bought this seasons season ticket (adult) with a one off payment, and have left the payment with the club. I will be 65 in June, can I change my ticket for next season to a senior, and get a refund for the price difference?

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:14 am

martin_p wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:12 am
Here's the thread on here about it. It does change things somewhat in that certainly those who pay in full had ample opportunity to renew last year.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46223&hilit=direct+debit
Exactly.... And those with direct debits could just continue, as many appeared to have done

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:15 am

MACCA wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 am
I've had this issue for 6 months plus, have they changed system or something?
I've had the email address 10 years and its linked to everything BFC related, I even still get emails off them, its
Very odd.

I noticed as I couldn't log in when I wanted to watch the interviews etc on clarets player.

I've tried emailing the club and Daz Bentley half a dozen times in the past 6 months, but as yet, still no reply.
If you find anything out can you let me know please and Visa versa?

I also set up a new email address and once I'd confirmed the account through the confirmation email they sent, the exact same thing happened.

I was thinking I'd been blocked or banned, but it happened on a new email too 🤷🏻‍♂️

After I renewed my ticket yesterday I went back on and exactly the same happened to me ..wouldn't let me log on to my friends and family etc ...wouldn't recognise my email or password and wont even let me reset my password ...I hate using the official site ..not user friendly at all

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:13 am
I'd be in favour of all fans getting the same deal to be honest. But to those who claim that it's unfair that they are being asked to pay more I could counter by saying it'd unfair for those fans who've been out of pocket for 12 months+ to not benefit whatsoever from not claiming a refund.
The "unfairness" of direct debit payers getting the same total price as people paying up front has never been an issue. The "unfairness" of it being the other way round this year, shouldn't be an issue either.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 am

mill hill claret wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:15 am
After I renewed my ticket yesterday I went back on and exactly the same happened to me ..wouldn't let me log on to my friends and family etc ...wouldn't recognise my email or password and wont even let me reset my password ...I hate using the official site ..not user friendly at all
Seems we are still a decade or so behind regards the club website and some areas of the ticket office/system.

Hopefully the new guys will bring us bang up to date, and get rid of those who are stick in their old ways, and can't or wont engage with fans.

There's not many places you struggle to give someone or something your money and time, but BFC is one of them.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:37 am

MACCA wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 am
Seems we are still a decade or so behind regards the club website and some areas of the ticket office/system.

Hopefully the new guys will bring us bang up to date, and get rid of those who are stick in their old ways, and can't or wont engage with fans.

There's not many places you struggle to give someone or something your money and time, but BFC is one of them.
Is it the website, or those using it?? I've bought numerous tickets, clothing, gifts and renewed 5 season tickets every year, added new season ticket holders, and never had one problem.... And iam not the most techy....

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:38 am

dsr wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 am
The "unfairness" of direct debit payers getting the same total price as people paying up front has never been an issue. The "unfairness" of it being the other way round this year, shouldn't be an issue either.
So should we just do away with the early bird promotion?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:45 am

yorkyclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:14 am
Last year as a young 63 year old I bought this seasons season ticket (adult) with a one off payment, and have left the payment with the club. I will be 65 in June, can I change my ticket for next season to a senior, and get a refund for the price difference?
It should have automatically switched for next season provided they have your dob

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:46 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:38 am
So should we just do away with the early bird promotion?
That’s something Dave Baldwin would have preferred. He’d have liked nothing better than to have everyone on direct debit.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:02 am
I think that it closed abruptly prior to the end of March but then reopened again later for a short period.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am
I think that it closed abruptly prior to the end of March but then reopened again later for a short period.
That's not what the release from the clubs says, but either way those saying it shut weeks before 31st March and couldn't buy their last minute tickets are mistaken and had their opportunity, if they didn't, and now may have to pay more that's not the clubs fault

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:05 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:46 am
That’s something Dave Baldwin would have preferred. He’d have liked nothing better than to have everyone on direct debit.
In which case he would have lost our 5 tickets as we would want to pay in full

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:43 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:05 pm
In which case he would have lost our 5 tickets as we would want to pay in full
It was a preference only but can I ask why you prefer to pay the full amount in March rather than 12 monthly instalments that don’t start until after you’ve paid.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:37 am
Is it the website, or those using it?? I've bought numerous tickets, clothing, gifts and renewed 5 season tickets every year, added new season ticket holders, and never had one problem.... And iam not the most techy....
I'd certainly say the website as 3 people, in the space of an hour on this thread, who dont know each other have had the exact same issue, and with no way of resolving it.

And I doubt they're the only 3.

I've used it previously with no issue for years, although only to read or watch videos, suddenly it no longer works and there seems no way of resolving it.

It will have certainly meant a loss of income to the club, and possibly may result in people unable to renew.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:01 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:43 pm
It was a preference only but can I ask why you prefer to pay the full amount in March rather than 12 monthly instalments that don’t start until after you’ve paid.
Personal choice, I like to pay up front for anything I can and have as few direct debits as I can, plus I wouldn't like being forced to do something I didn't want to. I know lots prefer the DD option, and it's good to have the choice, just that its not for me.

Brucefanclaret
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Brucefanclaret » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:19 pm

I have just had a reply to my email about not having chance to renew because they closed the window without notice. They say they extended the window - but don’t acknowledge that they then closed it without notice. Nor have answered my point about the fact that I rang them at this time for advice, was told it was ‘too late to renew’ now but that our seats were safe. Nobody said ‘but they might cost you more.’ I have asked whether this is the new owners’ real attitude towards fans and asked them to forward the correspondence to Alan Pace. I’ll not be buying club merchandise either, until we have recouped our additional payment.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:25 pm

Brucefanclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:19 pm
I have just had a reply to my email about not having chance to renew because they closed the window without notice. They say they extended the window - but don’t acknowledge that they then closed it without notice. Nor have answered my point about the fact that I rang them at this time for advice, was told it was ‘too late to renew’ now but that our seats were safe. Nobody said ‘but they might cost you more.’ I have asked whether this is the new owners’ real attitude towards fans and asked them to forward the correspondence to Alan Pace. I’ll not be buying club merchandise either, until we have recouped our additional payment.
So they extended past the original cut off date, yet you still didn't buy one? What date were you working to when you would have bought one?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:25 pm
So they extended past the original cut off date, yet you still didn't buy one? What date were you working to when you would have bought one?
Not relevant. The club said one thing and did another.