The three stumbling penalties

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Re: The three stumbling penalties

Post by Pstotto » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Supposing you go on holiday and you die in an air crash because the pilot missed the runway.

"I admire the pilot's bravery for stepping up and having a go."

???????

£30 miilion a year and...

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:31 pm

£50,000 a year and... ??????

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:48 pm

The best penalty I have ever seen , better even than Maguire's on Sunday, was Chris Wood's in the last minute at home to Wolves near the end of the 2019-20 season. An absolute rocket into the "postage stamp" of the top corner and not even the beast Donnarumma would have got within a metre of it.
Rashford's run-up, comically ridiculous as it was, actually worked in that Donarumma went down to his left leaving the other side of the goal empty but Rashford managed to hit the post in, I think, striving for the "perfect" side-netting finish. I had zero faith that either Sancho or Sako would score given their demeanours as they approached the ball and it's hard to fathom why they were selected to take a pen. Where was Sterling ? Grealish ? Kyle Walker ? I would have thought those three, plus Pickford, would have inspired more confidence, and been more able to handle the mad pressure, than those two youngsters, one of whom had just been brought on "cold".
These 2 users liked this post: Pstotto tim_noone

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Whether Rashford feels under pressure to be genius might have been a factor.

I suffer similar stuff.

The media assault upon genius is that folk like Gazza and George Best are under their own pressure to live life according to their football genius.

I've suffered a similar fate as that trip has been put on me.

For anybody that is a terribly tough call and usually genius is sensitive anyway and receptive because genius is sensitive, like a Swiss watch or a barometer is sensitive, so it can go horribly wrong because of the open to the source nature of genius as a thing in itself, rather like a downhill skier being sensitive to gravity as the fastest way down then hill.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Undone by their own modesty jibed as egoism.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:47 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 am
Twaddle
It’s amazing that goalkeepers save properly hit shots from closer than the penalty spot (and further away) in every game
I'm sure that a scientist (or a group of) once tried to define the perfect penalty, and calculated that if the ball is blasted high to the top corner of the net at 70mph+ no human can save it unless he moves very early and guesses the elevation 100% correctly.
This is generally what Grezza did. He did miss the goal against Portsmouth, but no keeper ever saved , (or got near) any of his other penalties during his time with us.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:48 pm
Where was Sterling ? Grealish ? Kyle Walker ? I would have thought those three, plus Pickford, would have inspired more confidence, and been more able to handle the mad pressure, than those two youngsters, one of whom had just been brought on "cold".
I agree, but Sterling has missed his last 3, and Grealish hasn't taken one for about 2 years having missed his last one, so they may not have been quite so nailed on as takers as some people have suggested.

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:05 pm

I would like to see some stats but as a general rule it appears that the slow, stuttering, short runups are not for anyone unless they are world class penalty takers.

It gives the keeper the possibility that they can see the strikers 'eyes'.

I'd also appreciate any stats about the efficacy of smashing it at the keepers head on the basis that the goalie is going to dive one way or another.

Peter Noble was a penalty expert.

Graham Alexander was right up there. The problem with GA is that a number of his successful pens were against us. Never seen a technique like that. A gun barrel straight run and the same striking position for each penalty. GA hit the sweet spot for every penalty. He just made contact at different points on the ball for direction. Keepers had no idea what was going on before it went past their ears.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum cricketfieldclarets

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Pstotto wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:23 pm
It looks suspect to me.

Regarding the physical impossibility, if the ball is hit at 70 mph and 12 feet from the keeper and from a distance of 12 yards, he has no chance.
So now the properly hit penalty has become one hit at 70mph 12 foot away from a stationary keeper.

No wonder we missed 3 of them

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:53 pm

might have already been said , but southgate mentioned all 3 of the lads that missed had been practicing the kicks in training and performed the best. if thats the case he was correct in selecting them. what else was he supposed to do?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:53 pm
might have already been said , but southgate mentioned all 3 of the lads that missed had been practicing the kicks in training and performed the best. if thats the case he was correct in selecting them. what else was he supposed to do?
I sort of agree, but:
In answer to your question, regarding Rashford and Sancho, I would say get them on the pitch at half-time in extra time, so that they were a bit more involved in the occasion and fully warmed up. Sending them on with one minute to play heaped pressure on them and almost set them up to fail.(IMO)

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:12 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm
I sort of agree, but:
In answer to your question, regarding Rashford and Sancho, I would say get them on the pitch at half-time in extra time, so that they were a bit more involved in the occasion and fully warmed up. Sending them on with one minute to play heaped pressure on them and almost set them up to fail.(IMO)
I didnt ask that question?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:25 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm
I sort of agree, but:
Rashford and Sancho came on for Henderson and Walker. It was clearly an effort to have our best penalty takers on the pitch for the shootout, and this extends beyond the first five scheduled penalty takers. Making those substitutions at the halfway point of extra time would have left us having to play 15 minutes with a ridiculously attack-heavy lineup which no doubt would have been exploited.

yTib
Been Liked: 704 times
Has Liked: 657 times

Post by yTib » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:39 pm

we lost on penalties in the final.

the autopsy is almost as painful as our performance against the scots.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am

I think it's more about composure than technique. It's not much good netting penalties in practice if you can't keep your calm.

Not blaming the players, but I think Southgate may have chosen some more experienced takers.

Of course I know it fits his mantra, very similar to Dyche in the way he keeps faith in players. It will come off in the long run.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:44 am

Mancini Was a Beaten man in the First Half. We should have nailed em then. Ifs buts and maybe's.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:25 pm
Rashford and Sancho came on for Henderson and Walker. It was clearly an effort to have our best penalty takers on the pitch for the shootout, and this extends beyond the first five scheduled penalty takers. Making those substitutions at the halfway point of extra time would have left us having to play 15 minutes with a ridiculously attack-heavy lineup which no doubt would have been exploited.
That's also a relevant point
My point really is that it's a balancing act with a fine line.
IMO it's a massive gamble bringing subs on so late just to take a penalty.
Also we lost, so you could argue that going. for bust in the final 15 minutes could have been a better gamble.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:03 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:12 pm
I didnt ask that question?
I thought that you were asking what could Southgate have done differently.
I misunderstood.
This user liked this post: Wile E Coyote

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:53 pm
Practicing meaningless penalties bear no comparison to one's in the final of a prestigious competition.
In cricket parley practice is hitting a beachball with a tennis racket, the real thing is hitting a golf ball with a stick.
It all comes down to bottle at the end of the day, and Sancho and Saka looked frightened before they took theirs, understandably. Southgate should have seen it coming, practice means nothing.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am

superdimitri wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am
I think it's more about composure than technique. It's not much good netting penalties in practice if you can't keep your calm.

Not blaming the players, but I think Southgate may have chosen some more experienced takers.

Of course I know it fits his mantra, very similar to Dyche in the way he keeps faith in players. It will come off in the long run.
Without a shadow the blame lies squarely at Southgates door, what possessed the man to choose them penalty takers when more experienced players could have done is a complete mystery, it’s an absolute brainfart from GS of epic cataclysmic proportions.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:35 am

Dressinggown wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:05 pm
I would like to see some stats but as a general rule it appears that the slow, stuttering, short runups are not for anyone unless they are world class penalty takers.

It gives the keeper the possibility that they can see the strikers 'eyes'.

I'd also appreciate any stats about the efficacy of smashing it at the keepers head on the basis that the goalie is going to dive one way or another.

Peter Noble was a penalty expert.

Graham Alexander was right up there. The problem with GA is that a number of his successful pens were against us. Never seen a technique like that. A gun barrel straight run and the same striking position for each penalty. GA hit the sweet spot for every penalty. He just made contact at different points on the ball for direction. Keepers had no idea what was going on before it went past their ears.
Alexander’s were so weird. Even as a fan you thought he was going to cock it up. But he was lethal.

I read a stat that the best penalty takers are midfielders and defenders. I suppose a striker is best known for hitting the ball on instinct. So may make sense.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:39 am

One thing that hasn’t been picked up anywhere is that when Germany beat us and Southgate missed. We didn’t make one sub in that game in 120 minutes.

We then went into that shootout with Robbie Fowler and Lea Ferdinand on the bench. Both of whom were brilliant finishers.

We also had nick barmby and Steve stone on the bench who I am sure would’ve taken a pen ahead of Southgate.

So this ‘what if’ will definitely have been in his mind when making those subs.

A lot are saying shaw and stones are better strikers of penalties. It may or may not be the case. But imagine he lets them take them ahead of strikers or doesn’t bring rashford on. He still gets vilified. Can’t win.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:41 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am
Practicing meaningless penalties bear no comparison to one's in the final of a prestigious competition.
In cricket parley practice is hitting a beachball with a tennis racket, the real thing is hitting a golf ball with a stick.
It all comes down to bottle at the end of the day, and Sancho and Saka looked frightened before they took theirs, understandably. Southgate should have seen it coming, practice means nothing.
So what does he do? Select players that have regularly missed penalties in training and games or never even take. One, over rashford who scored 3/3 last season and sancho who did the same?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:42 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am
Without a shadow the blame lies squarely at Southgates door, what possessed the man to choose them penalty takers when more experienced players could have done is a complete mystery, it’s an absolute brainfart from GS of epic cataclysmic proportions.
Let’s say stones took the last penalty and scored.

It then goes to sudden death. Saka / rashford / sancho would still need to take one. Only under even more pressure.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:50 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am
nonsense, southgate has a decision to make. the fact they DO practice them is key.Othewise why bother?
No one has ever claimed its possible to replicate the pressure of a real game.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:06 am

The problem wasn't that Rashford had only just come on, it was that he decided to do a little trick shot that he hadn't practised properly.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:16 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:41 am
So what does he do? Select players that have regularly missed penalties in training and games or never even take. One, over rashford who scored 3/3 last season and sancho who did the same?
I wouldn't have picked Saka purely on his lack of experience and age, and I wouldn't have given them to anyone who'd only just come on the pitch. Your mentality can't possibly be in gear when you haven't kicked the ball in anger.
Did Southgate ask everyone to sit on their arses for 2 hours, then practice taking a one off penalty? It was a really bad decision, and yes I would rather have players who'd been running around for an hour to take one, even without a good record. Did he look at their missed penalties and analyse where they went wrong? Did he ask them to work on their technique?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am
And presumably, if Southgate had nominated Sterling (who had missed his last 3), and Grealish (who had stopped taking them after his last miss 2 years ago), then the same people would have described it as a "cataclysmic error" by Southgate had they then missed, - bearing in mind that Rashford and Sancho had a 6 / 6 success rate last season?
And if not those 2 mentioned then many would have complained had it been left to Stones and Shaw. Having said that I wonder what number Pickford was on the list?
He simply couldn't win.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:42 am

It then goes to sudden death. Saka / rashford / sancho would still need to take one. Only under even more pressure.
[/quote
That’s an assumption that scenario would have gone to sudden death, it’s also an assumption that another 3 takers would have converted we can’t be sure about not 100%, I’m using a calculated likelihood of senior players being more composed than the younger inexperienced international players. You use every possible advantage to the maximum even if it fails you’ve done everything that you could to the maximum, we didn’t :(
Last edited by Jakubclaret on Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:42 am

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 pm

That’s an assumption that scenario would have gone to sudden death, it’s also an assumption that another 3 takers would have converted we can’t be sure about not 100%, I’m using a calculated likelihood of senior players being more composed than the younger inexperienced international players. You use every possible advantage to the maximum even if it fails you’ve done everything that you could to the maximum, we didn’t :(

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Some really despicable things have been posted about these 3 from some of Portsmouth’s academy players.

The absolute cretins.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:41 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 am
That's also a relevant point
My point really is that it's a balancing act with a fine line.
IMO it's a massive gamble bringing subs on so late just to take a penalty.
Also we lost, so you could argue that going. for bust in the final 15 minutes could have been a better gamble.
We did throw people forwards towards the end & I think looked more likely for something to drop or a lucky bounce or anything that could have resulted in a goal, we didn’t come unstuck by not winning the game in the 120 if you think past that point we was still in the game, the game was up with the way we approached the penalties. He tried to win it in the 120 but it’s also important to remember he didn’t lose it in the 120, at that exact point it was a draw, talking about what happened earlier is just deflecting away from the abysmal penalty preparation.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:41 pm
We did throw people forwards towards the end & I think looked more likely for something to drop or a lucky bounce or anything that could have resulted in a goal, we didn’t come unstuck by not winning the game in the 120 if you think past that point we was still in the game, the game was up with the way we approached the penalties. He tried to win it in the 120 but it’s also important to remember he didn’t lose it in the 120, at that exact point it was a draw, talking about what happened earlier is just deflecting away from the abysmal penalty preparation.
Why was their preparation abysmal?

The penalties taken were **** poor but that doesn’t mean that the preparation was.

The takers made poor choices, especially after seeing the predecessor fail. What should have been going through their mind was to hit the target at pace - not go all Jonathan Edwards ahead of each shot.

They’ll learn although I couldn’t blame one of them if they thought **** you, I’m not taking one, should there be a next time.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:53 pm

DCWat wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 pm

The penalties taken were **** poor but that doesn’t mean that the preparation was.

The takers made poor choices, especially after seeing the predecessor fail. What should have been going through their mind was to hit the target at pace - not go all Jonathan Edwards ahead of each shot.

They’ll learn although I couldn’t blame one of them if they thought **** you, I’m not taking one, should there be a next time.
Quite frankly if sundays show is anything to go by, if they never decided to take 1 again in there life’s it’d be a day too soon.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:53 pm
Quite frankly if sundays show is anything to go by, if they never decided to take 1 again in there life’s it’d be a day too soon.
They ****** up - they’ll regret it more than you or I.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:16 pm
I wouldn't have picked Saka purely on his lack of experience and age, and I wouldn't have given them to anyone who'd only just come on the pitch. Your mentality can't possibly be in gear when you haven't kicked the ball in anger.
Did Southgate ask everyone to sit on their arses for 2 hours, then practice taking a one off penalty? It was a really bad decision, and yes I would rather have players who'd been running around for an hour to take one, even without a good record. Did he look at their missed penalties and analyse where they went wrong? Did he ask them to work on their technique?
Luke Shaw had run around for two hours and he was absolutely knackered!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 pm
Harry Maguire was our oldest player on the pitch at 28.

Its not like we had stanley matthews ready to step up!

Sancho 21, Rasford 23.

What do we do, take them in age order? Because that would be equally bizarre logic!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:59 pm

DCWat wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Exactly.

For a bit more context - the young lads who had the balls to take them had a combined age between them younger than Chiellini and Bonucci!

Credit to them for taking them. Not criticism for missing.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

TalkSport-esque pap, CC.

£300,000 a week elite trained professionals ?????????

'Credit to them for taking them'...

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:13 pm

"They had a go, didn't they?"

:-)

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:57 pm
Harry Maguire was our oldest player on the pitch at 28.

Its not like we had stanley matthews ready to step up!

Sancho 21, Rasford 23.

What do we do, take them in age order? Because that would be equally bizarre logic!
True, we’ll never know what could happened even with another 3 penalty takers, penalties are converted more often than not statistically & it’s common knowledge just how important the power of statistics are to some people on here when the agenda suits, when you strip it down to the bare basics we wasn’t good enough to put the Italians to the sword in 120 mins so we’ve only got ourselves to blame for falling short on the spotkick lottery.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 pm

A lottery designed to fail and then the fall-out socio-political media hubris, to penalty freeze dry the full national misery package.

Meanwhile CC to bolster his viewpoint with "I think they're all grand lads and if I had a daughter."...????

:D

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Pstotto wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 pm
A lottery designed to fail and then the fall-out socio-political media hubris, to penalty freeze dry the full national misery package.

Meanwhile CC to bolster his viewpoint with "I think they're all grand lads and if I had a daughter."...????

:D
The Far Eastern betting syndicates you can only imagine just how much was made on the penalty fiasco, but alright it really wasn’t a fix :roll:

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Some really despicable things have been posted about these 3 from some of Portsmouth’s academy players.

The absolute cretins.
Yes I've also seen that story, bizarre that their fellow pro's deem it clever to spout nonsense on social media, if anyone should be able to understand their disappointment you'd have hoped it would have at least been players who might one day be in that pressure situation, maybe not in a EC final, but say a PO final, and Portsmouth do need to take a robust line to this despicable behaviour.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Re: The three stumbling penalties.

Post by dougcollins » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Francis Lee pretty much got it right.

No fvcking about, just larrop it so hard the keeper ain't gonna touch it.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:36 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm

This Franny Lee :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yU5vV5b8k

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:40 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 pm

There's no guarantee with any pen, but I'd suspect that would be the % bet, especially if you're not sure about your technique, or not confident in your approach, why some penalty takers insist on trying to be all smart alec about it I don't know, it rarely helps them in the end, and usually favours the keepers more than anything.

Oh! well there's always next time I suppose.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 am

I'm convinced it was a fix because of the absolute failure of management.

You don't bring players on cold to take penalties without a kick of the ball and use penalty tactics like that from so-called elite kickers of the ball.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

To anyone "thinking" it's a fix, use what thinking skills you have to answer these two questions:

1. With England's penalty record being what it is, how much profit is there in betting on them to lose?
2. How much money does it cost to bribe someone who has a £5m a year job when he knows that he will certainly lose that job if caught?
Last edited by dsr on Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:08 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am
To anyone "thinking" it's a fix, use what little thinking skills you have to answer these two questions:

1. With England's penalty record being what it is, how much profit is there in betting on them to lose?
2. How much money does it cost to bribe someone who has a £5m a year job when he knows that he will certainly lose that job if caught?
3. How much money is worth more than becoming a national hero forever.

4. It’s absurd to even entertain the fix ‘theory’ 😂
This user liked this post: dsr