The joys of us being a community club.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

The joys of us being a community club.

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:48 pm

Had some Club shop vouchers given as a Christmas present (obviously they have been prepaid for) just before we went into lockdown and I don’t live local to the club anymore so haven’t been able to get back til earlier today.

Now you can’t use these gift vouchers online, I never managed to get back to the club/club shop til today when I was back in the area and picked up a couple of bits, tried to pay with the gift vouchers and was told “sorry, they’re not valid anymore” which baffled me a little.

Apparently they had a grace period to use gift vouchers for an extra 3 months after lockdown which I never saw mentioned anywhere and I was supposed to post the vouchers to the club shop for them to use them and then they would post out the items I would order …… again, I never saw this mentioned anywhere.

I’ve spent thousands of pounds in our club shop over the years and I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve spent on tickets, confectionary etc…. I usually buy about 6/7 shirts every season as Christmas presents for my nephew and the in laws (who are Liverpool fans). Left a seriously foul taste today with the bloke at the club shop being so “ah well, nowt I can do - shoulda come in earlier” attitude when nothing was mentioned.

Great way to run a community club, by taking money for gift vouchers and not letting them be spent after a pandemic. Seriously it’s getting to the point of the straw that breaks the camels back with how far the club is away from the club I’ve grown up supporting.

It’s a good few hundred quid a season they won’t be getting for shirts and other bits anyway.

PadihamThickNeck
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Re: The joys of us being a community club.

Post by PadihamThickNeck » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:50 pm

Awful from the club.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:53 pm

After which lockdown was this? I've certainly never seen anything from them on this 3 month "grace period" to spend vouchers in the club shop.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Had the same with a £100 voucher at a famous local spa
I’ll not put a penny to them again, won’t even play 5aside there

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:56 pm

It’s complete ********, the more you think about it, I think it’s just unfortunate you’ve met the wrong person, I don’t blame him as such, they just do as they’re told

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Which Xmas did you get them?
Vouchers tend to be valid for 12mths from date of purchase...

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:59 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:53 pm
After which lockdown was this? I've certainly never seen anything from them on this 3 month "grace period" to spend vouchers in the club shop.
They “ran out” during the lockdown and I was under the impression they’d just be carried on with the whole country being shut for so long etc …. Finally got a chance to get back today and “ah well, you should have known better” pretty much.

I asked if they announced anywhere about this 3 month window to use them if they expired in lockdown and was told “yeah, well - apart from emailing everyone we can’t announce it”

They could announce bloody Ladbrokes offers through their social media :lol: but not this.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:02 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 pm
Which Xmas did you get them?
Vouchers tend to be valid for 12mths from date of purchase...
Got them the Christmas before lockdown and they ran out around Christmas last year when I could have maybe come over on Christmas Day to use them? But doubt they would have opened for me then.

It’s more the principle of being such a community club, yet not having the decency to extend vouchers expiring through lockdown til they were used as not all our fans are local and pass Brunshaw Rd regularly.

It’s my own fault I guess as I assumed the club would do a decent thing but it just irks that they haven’t on this occasion.

Froobs
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Froobs » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:04 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:48 pm
Had some Club shop vouchers given as a Christmas present (obviously they have been prepaid for) just before we went into lockdown and I don’t live local to the club anymore so haven’t been able to get back til earlier today.

Now you can’t use these gift vouchers online, I never managed to get back to the club/club shop til today when I was back in the area and picked up a couple of bits, tried to pay with the gift vouchers and was told “sorry, they’re not valid anymore” which baffled me a little.

Apparently they had a grace period to use gift vouchers for an extra 3 months after lockdown which I never saw mentioned anywhere and I was supposed to post the vouchers to the club shop for them to use them and then they would post out the items I would order …… again, I never saw this mentioned anywhere.

I’ve spent thousands of pounds in our club shop over the years and I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve spent on tickets, confectionary etc…. I usually buy about 6/7 shirts every season as Christmas presents for my nephew and the in laws (who are Liverpool fans). Left a seriously foul taste today with the bloke at the club shop being so “ah well, nowt I can do - shoulda come in earlier” attitude when nothing was mentioned.

Great way to run a community club, by taking money for gift vouchers and not letting them be spent after a pandemic. Seriously it’s getting to the point of the straw that breaks the camels back with how far the club is away from the club I’ve grown up supporting.

It’s a good few hundred quid a season they won’t be getting for shirts and other bits anyway.
Wasnt the little porky pig shop manager was it by any chance?

Been in a few times and im sure he thinks hes Mr Pace himself

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:04 pm

Froobs wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:04 pm

Bald head and mask on his chin? :lol:

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Had the same with a £100 voucher at a famous local spa
I’ll not put a penny to them again, won’t even play 5aside there
2nd parts a fib. Ive seen you up there...

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:06 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:59 pm
They “ran out” during the lockdown and I was under the impression they’d just be carried on with the whole country being shut for so long etc …. Finally got a chance to get back today and “ah well, you should have known better” pretty much.

I asked if they announced anywhere about this 3 month window to use them if they expired in lockdown and was told “yeah, well - apart from emailing everyone we can’t announce it”

They could announce bloody Ladbrokes offers through their social media :lol: but not this.
Unless I'm missing something I'm seriously struggling to imagine what prevented the club from announcing that properly on the website and on Twitter. Especially when you consider they've now pocketed money from fans who've received absolutely nothing in return.

kendalianclaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by kendalianclaret » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:06 pm

Thought you might like to see this BFCcrazy,
Under the Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act 2019 there is a 5-year minimum expiry date for all vouchers sold after 2 December 2019. Under the new rules, gift vouchers must either: Have no expiry date, or. Must be valid for at least 5 years from the date the gift voucher is issued.22 Jun 2020
Might be worth explaining this to them.
Good luck
This user liked this post: bfccrazy

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:08 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:06 pm
Unless I'm missing something I'm seriously struggling to imagine what prevented the club from announcing that properly on the website and on Twitter. Especially when you consider they've now pocketed money from fans who've received absolutely nothing in return.
That’s what I can’t get my head around - I had gift vouchers which ran out in the middle of lockdown. I couldn’t get to the club til today and been told “they ran out sorry, we gave 3 months grace period for expired vouchers” but didn’t actually announce it anywhere.

So I was left with bits of paper that have been paid for that mean nothing now.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:10 pm

kendalianclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:06 pm
Thought you might like to see this BFCcrazy,
Under the Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act 2019 there is a 5-year minimum expiry date for all vouchers sold after 2 December 2019. Under the new rules, gift vouchers must either: Have no expiry date, or. Must be valid for at least 5 years from the date the gift voucher is issued.22 Jun 2020
Might be worth explaining this to them.
Good luck
Wish I’d seen this earlier …. No idea when I’ll be back over but I’ll definitely be going in with this!

Thank you.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:23 pm

Froobs wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:05 pm
2nd parts a fib. Ive seen you up there...
Not in the last 2 months you won’t :lol: I’ve done my ACL

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:23 pm
Not in the last 2 months you won’t :lol: I’ve done my ACL
Jokes haha
I practically live up there most nights

Red Fox Rocks Socks
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by Red Fox Rocks Socks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Froobs wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:04 pm

I’ve had issues with this employee before now also. Some time ago but an unpleasant character

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6881 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:48 pm

Red Fox Rocks Socks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 pm
I’ve had issues with this employee before now also. Some time ago but an unpleasant character
Have to agree he was really sarcastic to my wife and one of the grandchildren a while ago. Perhaps the owners need to get some secret shoppers in.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am

bfccrazy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:02 pm
Got them the Christmas before lockdown and they ran out around Christmas last year when I could have maybe come over on Christmas Day to use them? But doubt they would have opened for me then.

It’s more the principle of being such a community club, yet not having the decency to extend vouchers expiring through lockdown til they were used as not all our fans are local and pass Brunshaw Rd regularly.

It’s my own fault I guess as I assumed the club would do a decent thing but it just irks that they haven’t on this occasion.
Ah ok, so the vouchers were valid for the set time and were allegedly extended for 3 more months and now 6 mths after that extension time ended you're upset because you can't use them?

Not really sure what else the club could do in the circumstances, as they've fulfilled all the legally required obligations by giving a full 12 mths and allegedly extending it as a gesture of goodwill.

Didn't you fire off an email last year during the pandemic to query the ability to use the vouchers?

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:30 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am
Ah ok, so the vouchers were valid for the set time and were allegedly extended for 3 more months and now 6 mths after that extension time ended you're upset because you can't use them?

Not really sure what else the club could do in the circumstances, as they've fulfilled all the legally required obligations by giving a full 12 mths and allegedly extending it as a gesture of goodwill.

Didn't you fire off an email last year during the pandemic to query the ability to use the vouchers?
9 months of the validity were during a lockdown …. Then add on even more time I couldn’t travel into Burnley due to gov restrictions of movement being essential travel only (don’t think that “I need to use this voucher” would be classed as essential). I posted on here a good while ago querying it during the lockdown and I’m sure it was CT who said he’d put it to the club who’d said they’d be honouring the vouchers …. With no time limit given.

I’ve said above that I guess I was in the wrong in thinking the club would do the decent thing which doesn’t seem to be the case to anybody but yourself and the bloke at the club shop (who seems to of irked a few folk with his demeanour tbf).

Guess I just wanted to point out something which as such a community club, I feel the club have handled horribly and how as a business it’s probably one of the simplest ways they could keep a customer happy (because nowadays we’re not fans it seems, just numbers and customers in the eyes of the club). Which for the rubbish service I have received, I’ll leave spending further money in that whole part of the business going forward …… maybe there are others who are in a similar situation with vouchers etc… at least they also find out they also have futile bits of paper now too and it saves them a trip to the club shop to just be a bit annoyed too.

Commy
Been Liked: 465 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:28 am

If he'd done it to me I would have been straight on the phone to Trading Standards :D

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1770 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:00 am

It’s not a community club anymore.
This user liked this post: bf2k

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 am

I would drop an email to Alan Pace about your experience. Whilst the Club may have extended the period for the vouchers there was still a pandemic going on and in many instances it still put people off from mixing/ going out and to be honest it was probably the last thing on your mind hence you didn’t deal with it on-line. Regardless of this and baring in mind the current circumstances over the last 18 months It’s still very poor service you received.

I had a similar situation with a paint voucher (Dulux group) it had expired over 12 months ago, I dropped the company an email and received a reply informing me a new voucher was in its way.
This user liked this post: ecc

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2325 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:23 am

I'm no fan of the corporate americanised world, but my guess is the new brooms would be all over this like a rash if they were aware.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:42 am

If the voucher had a 12 month limit and you got it Christmas 2019 then you’ve had plenty enough time to use it without restrictions being in place.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:54 am

beddie wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 am
I had a similar situation with a paint voucher (Dulux group) it had expired over 12 months ago, I dropped the company an email and received a reply informing me a new voucher was in its way.
I can imagine the delight on Xmas morning……..a paint voucher! Thank you, just what I always wanted.
This user liked this post: beddie

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:00 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am
This is why companies are constantly taking the p1ss out of people. When your average Joe starts spouting along those lines you know they can get away with anything.

There is no rule that states that a voucher has to expire after 12 months, and if you’re not quick enough then it’s just too bad and we’re keeping your money and not allowing you anything for it other than a slip of paper (and that’s before we even consider the 18 month pandemic).
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 am

Firstly I can't see why vouchers have an expiry date unless there is some commercial or accountancy aspect to this. The new law mentioned above sounds like common sense.

In this individual case it is obvious that a polite letter/e-mail to the club on the lines of the OP should at least get some sort of response if not satisfaction.

Eddiebfc
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Eddiebfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:10 am

The legislation referred to above is Irish and does not apply in the UK unfortunately. Just pointing it out so the OP checks it out fully before taking this up with the club.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12491 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:11 am

bfccrazy wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:48 pm

On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I raised this issue in February with the Club's SLO and this was the response which we received -

Update Feb 2021 - please note that the Club will extend the expiry date of the TeamCard points gathered in the 2019/20 season beyond the 1st April 2021 deadline mentioned above (or TeamCard information pages). We recognise that supporters have had restrictions placed upon the ability to use these points so we want to reassure all supporters that we will give you ample chance to use these points. Once we have further information regarding the extended expiry dates we will publish an update on this webpage. If you have further questions regarding expiry dates then please contact us (my email)

We also received this from her in February -

Re the points / vouchers –as I write the Club cannot give a definitive deadline at the moment; this is shaped by national policy surrounding what may happen with retail outlets which if not opened in the next months then we wont impose a deadline just yet. Rest assured when and if we do impose a deadline it will be with good notice as we appreciate that just opening the store again doesn’t mean all supporters will feel comfortable to come in to use the points immediately.

Since the I haven't seen any update etc on the Club website (I accept that it could have been on there and I missed it but I can't see anything about a 3 month extension on there now).

I've asked the SLO for clarification /comment on the issue but she is away until 13th Sept.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3185 times
Has Liked: 1869 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:12 am

Dyched wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:42 am
If the voucher had a 12 month limit and you got it Christmas 2019 then you’ve had plenty enough time to use it without restrictions being in place.
Not really.

If bought in December 2019 then he would have until December 2020 to use them

If I (and probably most others) was given a club shop voucher for Christmas, I would most likely leave using it until the new season, when the new shirts would be available.

As that’s not until July (or August in our case) and the vouchers are unable to be used online, and the club shop was in lockdown until then when would he have been able to have used them?

Even adding on the 3 months takes to March 2021, whilst still in lockdown

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 am

A 5 year expiry date is law from 02/12/19 onwards after that purchase date.

Eddiebfc

Post by Eddiebfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 am
A 5 year expiry date is law from 02/12/19 onwards after that purchase date.
This legislation is Irish and doesn’t apply in the UK unfortunately

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:19 am

Screenshot_20210905-091723-417.png
Screenshot_20210905-091723-417.png (321.73 KiB) Viewed 5842 times

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 am

Eddiebfc wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am
This legislation is Irish and doesn’t apply in the UK unfortunately
I asked the question regarding the UK specifically.

Eddiebfc

Post by Eddiebfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:22 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 am
If you look at the link under the legislation it takes you to .ie which is Irish. Unfortunately it does not apply in the UK

Froobs

Post by Froobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:23 am

Red Fox Rocks Socks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 pm
Was in with my son last season and asked about a size of 1 of the tracksuits

I said have you got aged 5 to 6. He told me to go and have a look and if its there its there (knowing the range didnt start until age 7 to 8). Laughing when i went to look

I could have planted him 1

Also seen him shout at young staff girls whilst people are in the shop.

The short porky pig looking guy with the manc accent

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3185 times
Has Liked: 1869 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:25 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 am
You may have done but that is an .ie website

There is no law against uk companies having an expiry date on vouchers
Attachments
1D3351F9-384C-4C8C-818E-508BED516E16.png
1D3351F9-384C-4C8C-818E-508BED516E16.png (702.85 KiB) Viewed 5827 times

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am

bfccrazy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:30 am
9 months of the validity were during a lockdown …. Then add on even more time I couldn’t travel into Burnley due to gov restrictions of movement being essential travel only (don’t think that “I need to use this voucher” would be classed as essential). I posted on here a good while ago querying it during the lockdown and I’m sure it was CT who said he’d put it to the club who’d said they’d be honouring the vouchers …. With no time limit given.

I’ve said above that I guess I was in the wrong in thinking the club would do the decent thing which doesn’t seem to be the case to anybody but yourself and the bloke at the club shop (who seems to of irked a few folk with his demeanour tbf).

Guess I just wanted to point out something which as such a community club, I feel the club have handled horribly and how as a business it’s probably one of the simplest ways they could keep a customer happy (because nowadays we’re not fans it seems, just numbers and customers in the eyes of the club). Which for the rubbish service I have received, I’ll leave spending further money in that whole part of the business going forward …… maybe there are others who are in a similar situation with vouchers etc… at least they also find out they also have futile bits of paper now too and it saves them a trip to the club shop to just be a bit annoyed too.
So did you personally email the club during the lock downs to query the ability to use the vouchers or did you rely on others to do all the leg work for you?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:38 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:00 am
This is why companies are constantly taking the p1ss out of people. When your average Joe starts spouting along those lines you know they can get away with anything.

There is no rule that states that a voucher has to expire after 12 months, and if you’re not quick enough then it’s just too bad and we’re keeping your money and not allowing you anything for it other than a slip of paper (and that’s before we even consider the 18 month pandemic).
12 mths is normally long enough to spend a voucher though.
I accept a pandemic got in the way of that, but I would be the one emailing the business involved about the ability to use the voucher, I wouldn't be making assumptions and relying on others to do the running around for me.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3863 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:43 am

I just don't understand anyone buying vouchers for anywhere. It's insane.

You only get similar benefit to cash if you buy something for exact value that you would buy anyway.

Too many run out or the shop goes bust.
Most stupid idea ever.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6957 times
Has Liked: 1482 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:44 am

Hipper wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:05 am
Firstly I can't see why vouchers have an expiry date unless there is some commercial or accountancy aspect to this. The new law mentioned above sounds like common sense.

In this individual case it is obvious that a polite letter/e-mail to the club on the lines of the OP should at least get some sort of response if not satisfaction.
How are business supposed to financially plan if vouchers have no expiry date? Imagine selling thousands of pounds worth of vouchers and someone deciding to redeem them years later.

In this isolated case it would be nice if the club could exercise some discretion and show good will by honouring the voucher. Maybe emailing somebody who has the authority to do so would be the best first port of call. Not sure that complaining about it on here, when the club are actually in the right, is the best course of action.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:48 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:38 am
12 mths is normally long enough to spend a voucher though.
I accept a pandemic got in the way of that, but I would be the one emailing the business involved about the ability to use the voucher, I wouldn't be making assumptions and relying on others to do the running around for me.
To be honest Sid, I just find it very upsetting to think of somebody slogging away all year on minimum wage* and saving up to buy their relative some vouchers for Christmas to spend at BFC, only to be told they are now worthless bits of paper after 18 months when we've been under lockdown and/ or travel restrictions for the best part of that and they've been irredeemable online.

If this were a Tesco or an Asda I'd expect it, but for this to happen at BFC who market themselves at this amazing community club leaves a very bitter taste. You realise that at the end of the day, they're just another company interested in screwing a hundred quid out of someone and giving them nothing back. If they had anything about them, anything at all, they'd have let bfccrazy walk out of the club shop with what he was owed. They've already taken payment for it, after all.

*not suggesting this is bfccrazy, just a general point

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:53 am

ImageImage
wilks_bfc wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:12 am
Not really.

If bought in December 2019 then he would have until December 2020 to use them

If I (and probably most others) was given a club shop voucher for Christmas, I would most likely leave using it until the new season, when the new shirts would be available.

As that’s not until July (or August in our case) and the vouchers are unable to be used online, and the club shop was in lockdown until then when would he have been able to have used them?

Even adding on the 3 months takes to March 2021, whilst still in lockdown
3 months before lockdown 1.
4 months between lockdown 1 and 2.
5 months since lockdown 3.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:44 am
How are business supposed to financially plan if vouchers have no expiry date? Imagine selling thousands of pounds worth of vouchers and someone deciding to redeem them years later.

In this isolated case it would be nice if the club could exercise some discretion and show good will by honouring the voucher. Maybe emailing somebody who has the authority to do so would be the best first port of call. Not sure that complaining about it on here, when the club are actually in the right, is the best course of action.
Good point, it's a normal & common practice for consumers to hoard thousands of pounds worth of vouchers in dusty attics to be used on a rainy day :roll:

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:02 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am
Good point, it's a normal & common practice for consumers to hoard thousands of pounds worth of vouchers in dusty attics to be used on a rainy day :roll:
I wasn’t referring to a single person redeeming all of the vouchers. I would have edited that to make it clearer, but you can no longer edit posts.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:09 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:02 am
I wasn’t referring to a single person redeeming all of the vouchers. I would have edited that to make it clearer, but you can no longer edit posts.
I know the lack of editing is a pain, I said consumers I know you wasn't referring to a "single person" people don't normally wait & sit on the vouchers due to impatience & the expiry clock, regarding planning the money should sit in a pot until the vouchers are redeemed it's only something similar to Christmas clubs & hampers.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:18 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:09 am
I know the lack of editing is a pain, I said consumers I know you wasn't referring to a "single person" people don't normally wait & sit on the vouchers due to impatience & the expiry clock, regarding planning the money should sit in a pot until the vouchers are redeemed it's only something similar to Christmas clubs & hampers.
My point was that if a business sells a voucher, they can record a sale and account for the loss of product of that value. They can plan for this. If they record a sale and then that product is lost years later then this will cause problems. That is why vouchers have expiry dates. Pretty simple really.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:21 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:18 am
My point was that if a business sells a voucher, they can record a sale and account for the loss of product of that value. They can plan for this. If they record a sale and then that product is lost years later then this will cause problems. That is why vouchers have expiry dates. Pretty simple really.
I agree in principle to a certain degree.