For al the Sean Dyche critics.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

For al the Sean Dyche critics.

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:01 pm

I have no doubt we will survive, and am astounded at the number of critics on this board and elsewhere.
I am curious as to what his detractors would have the owners do as an alternative.
Who would be able to walk in and transform the squad?
It must be obvious that any restrictions Sean has faced regarding acquiring new players will face any new incumbent.
Dyche has guided us back to to top flight and has proven abilities to keep us up.
Its not been a one season wonder either and back to obscurity.
He's been at Burnley for several seasons. Pep Guardiola would be struggling to make any headway if he had our budgets.
So if some mystery man were to be available knowing how his hands would be tied, who, and how would anything change?
If anything it would would go from bad to worse within weeks.
You can shove your petty "happy clapper" stuff you know where as far as I and many others are concerned.
That small minded tag is just used to berate Burnley fans who are far from deluded, but savvy enough to realise we have the best manager to sort it out.
These 20 users liked this post: Tony Darnhill HollandsPies bf2k Bosscat Jarrow bodge Burnleyareback2 Cirrus_Minor bfcjg Taffy on the wing Cubanforever Pearcey Damo Woodleyclaret Brucefanclaret Cliff Hibsclaret evensteadiereddie jetblackcat IanMcL

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Re: For al the Sean Dyche critics.

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 pm

This is the issue. Some fans are so brainwashed in to thinking Dyche is the only person who could get a tune out of this club. It isn’t our job to identify a replacement. The owners need to find a manager to stop this club happy clapping sleepwalking its way to relegation.
These 7 users liked this post: claretfern BLH_Claret Anonymous cockneyclaret Leepick21 Boss Hogg Turfytop

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm

Nurse, nurse.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:10 pm

It's a nice sentiment but if you've seriously got no doubt that we will survive, I can't imagine that your post is anymore sensible and evaluative than anything else on here.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin RVclaret

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:10 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:01 pm
I have no doubt we will survive, and am astounded at the number of critics on this board and elsewhere.
I am curious as to what his detractors would have the owners do as an alternative.
It must be obvious that any restrictions Sean has faced regarding acquiring new players will face any new incumbent.
Dyche has guided us back to to top flight and has proven abilities to keep us up.
He's been at Burnley for several seasons. Pep Guardiola would be struggling to make any headway if he had our budgets.
So if some mystery man were to be available knowing how his hands would be tied, who, and how would anything change?
You can shove your petty "happy clapper" stuff you know where as far as I and many others are concerned.
That small minded tag is just used to berate Burnley fans who are far from deluded, but savvy enough to realise we have the best manager to sort it out.
Can’t argue with you other than we’re don’t seem to change much week in week out. What we’re currently doing isn’t working so sneering needs to change. But this shouldn’t be the manager. It should be the manager changing what we’re doing on the pitch.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:11 pm

We've been awful and he's looked stubborn before then changes it and we go on a run. We tried playing more expansively and looked doomed a couple of years ago then went back to basics. We played Ben Mee at left back with Steven Ward on the bench for half a season and only being utterly rubbish forced any change. We need that change again now because we look very poor again. I just hope we have enough hearts legs and minds jn this current squad to change it and do enough once again.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm

I’m a big Dyche fan for what he’s done but I’ve got big doubts we’ll survive this season. Not judged on today.

I’d want him in charge in the championship though.
These 2 users liked this post: clitheroeclaret3 RalphCoatesComb

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 pm
This is the issue. Some fans are so brainwashed in to thinking Dyche is the only person who could get a tune out of this club. It isn’t our job to identify a replacement. The owners need to find a manager to stop this club happy clapping sleepwalking its way to relegation.
I truly don’t understand why relegation from the Premier League concerns people. I still think we will stay up anyway, I’m not as confident as I once was granted but still think we will do it. If we are relegated though is it the end of the world? As sad as it will be It gives us a chance to rebuild and go again outside of the glare of the Prem, maybe with 1 or 2 from the U23s.

Milltown1882

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:11 pm
We've been awful and he's looked stubborn before then changes it and we go on a run. We tried playing more expansively and looked doomed a couple of years ago then went back to basics. We played Ben Mee at left back with Steven Ward on the bench for half a season and only being utterly rubbish forced any change. We need that change again now because we look very poor again. I just hope we have enough hearts legs and minds jn this current squad to change it and do enough once again.
This is the problem, it isn’t the past anymore.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm

I stopped taking your posts seriously after the first sentence. If you can't see why this team has critics or people doubting it will survive then where have you been for 18 months?
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret Turfytop

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1431 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
If only we had a manager who had experience of keeping us in this league or getting us out of the Championship…
This user liked this post: Brucefanclaret

Milltown1882

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:25 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 pm
If only we had a manager who had experience of keeping us in this league or getting us out of the Championship…
Years ago. Let’s get Curbishley in he did a job at Charlton.

Milltown1882

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:25 pm

JarrowClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm
I truly don’t understand why relegation from the Premier League concerns people. I still think we will stay up anyway, I’m not as confident as I once was granted but still think we will do it. If we are relegated though is it the end of the world? As sad as it will be It gives us a chance to rebuild and go again outside of the glare of the Prem, maybe with 1 or 2 from the U23s.
If we get relegated what is the goal after that?

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 pm

I've backed the boss to the hilt, but it's pretty obvious that we're spiralling to relegation (as someone above just said) unless a
small sporting miracle occurs.

There aren't three worse teams than us. However, if he keeps us up, I'll happily come on here and
admit I'm a complete t**t. (And I hope I do)

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be doing.

alf_resco
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by alf_resco » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 pm

"I have no doubt we will survive"

No doubt?
Seriously, NO doubt.
A couple of pints of what you're on, please.
These 3 users liked this post: The Enclosure tiger76 Rumpelstiltskin

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:27 pm

JarrowClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:14 pm
One concern is the financial state of the club now
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 AfloatinClaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:28 pm

just a reminder to those backing Dyche (and I'm one of them, 2 attempts at getting us out of the Championship and successful both times) he's the one that constantly tells us it's a "no excuse environment" - so by his own words he has to be held accountable for tactics, team selection.
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret depechedingle

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:27 pm
Which is what exactly?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 pm
Which is what exactly?
Obviously I have no figures but we have the debt to Dell and less cash reserves. I worry on that score should we go down.

alf_resco
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by alf_resco » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 pm
Which is what exactly?

Basically, we don't have a pot to p*** in, so all those expecting incoming players for £Xm had better think again.

In a nutshell.

colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by colne-claret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:36 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
And if Dyche keep us up next season what next? Another season like this playing awful football? He's losing a good portion of the crowd. The amount of Burnley fans that I've spoken to recently that are no longer as bothered as they previously have been is scary. We need a change and fast. The fans need a boost. You say it would go from bad to worse in a matter of weeks if somebody else comes in? I mean how can it? Have you actually watched us this season? I honestly think we would be fighting relegation in the championship playing like this. Dyche has been great for us and I am very thankful for what he has done but ultimately we need to move forward as a club. Its clear to see that he has taken this club as far as he can and is time for change. We accept mediocracy at Burnley because we are a small time. We can't accept that, we need to push on and prove that we are an established Premier league team like we should be after all these years!
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern cockneyclaret

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:40 pm

alf_resco wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm
Basically, we don't have a pot to p*** in, so all those expecting incoming players for £Xm had better think again.

In a nutshell.
How do you know that Alf? Or are you just guessing?

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:42 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm
Obviously I have no figures but we have the debt to Dell and less cash reserves. I worry on that score should we go down.
You keep Inferring there is a problem but like the rest of us it’s all based on supposition and hearsay.

The chairman says there is money for signings. I’ll take his word for now.
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret Turfytop

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:27 pm
When we got relegated the last time there was people on here suggesting we would struggle financially then we didn’t! Clearly if we had stayed down longer maybe we would have I have no idea but whilst the debt is a concern and I’m not a fan of the way the takeover was financed I don’t know enough details to be overly concerned about it.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:45 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:42 pm
You keep Inferring there is a problem but like the rest of us it’s all based on supposition and hearsay.

The chairman says there is money for signings. I’ll take his word for now.
It's all supposition and hearsay for now. Just concerns I have from speaking to people.

Gunfury
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Gunfury » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:49 pm

What I would hate to see is Sean Dyche receive dogs abuse from the fans like say Jimmy Mullen did….yes Mullens reign at the end wasn’t good but it was horrible to see the fans turn on him like they did especially after he was a major part of the success of my favourite season as a Burnley fan
These 3 users liked this post: Cubanforever Brucefanclaret cockneyclaret

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 pm
I've backed the boss to the hilt, but it's pretty obvious that we're spiralling to relegation (as someone above just said) unless a
small sporting miracle occurs.

There aren't three worse teams than us. However, if he keeps us up, I'll happily come on here and
admit I'm a complete t**t. (And I hope I do)

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be doing.
I know our time in the big league is over when Electro says we have no chanceof staying up,,hes been so positive in other dark days sad to see you predicting we are doomed mate....

Will we bounce back at the first attempt though?....can't see it happening this time and a period of what we witnessed today beckons I think :(
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4555 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 pm

Who is Al ?

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:56 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 pm
I know our time in the big league is over when Electro says we have no chanceof staying up,,hes been so positive in other dark days sad to see you predicting we are doomed mate....

Will we bounce back at the first attempt though?....can't see it happening this time and a period of what we witnessed today beckons I think :(
Steve, I'm sorry its come to this, mate.
But you can only speak as you find, and we can only go on doing the same thing for so long.
Its patently obvious we're in serious trouble, but I think we can bounce back at the first attempt

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:01 am

ElectroClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Steve, I'm sorry its come to this, mate.
But you can only speak as you find, and we can only go on doing the same thing for so long.
Its patently obvious we're in serious trouble, but I think we can bounce back at the first attempt
Keep the faith buddy its certainly not over just yet.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:06 am

Gunfury wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:49 pm
What I would hate to see is Sean Dyche receive dogs abuse from the fans like say Jimmy Mullen did….yes Mullens reign at the end wasn’t good but it was horrible to see the fans turn on him like they did especially after he was a major part of the success of my favourite season as a Burnley fan
My favourite time as well,i hated how our support treated Mullen...shameful behaviour
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:06 am
My favourite time as well,i hated how our support treated Mullen...shameful behaviour
It's okay Steve, our support has changed.

No passion or even misplaced passion like that anymore.

Just folk going over the same old shite on the internet.

We're in a f***ing pickle, make no mistake.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:18 am

alf_resco wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 pm
"I have no doubt we will survive"

No doubt?
Seriously, NO doubt.
A couple of pints of what you're on, please.
you read it correctly, NO DOUBT,, but if your best shot is suggesting anyone who disagrees with you must be drunk, then its as lame a reply as expected. I note you make no comments relating to who would do better, or how things would suddenly improve. Typical.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:26 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:45 pm
It's all supposition and hearsay for now. Just concerns I have from speaking to people.
Well Barry Kilby certainly had grave concerns when interviewed by fans a couple of month back.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:31 am

Our problem is we have stood still for 3 seasons.

Both tactically and recruitment wise.

It has been clear to see for almost 18 months now that CM is a problem, yet we are still carrying on with the same old same old. If you don’t not have quality in the middle of the pitch you will struggle at any level.
Unfortunately our tactics have not changed to cover for these frailties and we are being put to the sword.

Today has shown that we will struggle next season in the championship, anyone that thinks differently is purely looking through claret tinted glasses.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:31 am
Our problem is we have stood still for 3 seasons.

Both tactically and recruitment wise.

It has been clear to see for almost 18 months now that CM is a problem, yet we are still carrying on with the same old same old. If you don’t not have quality in the middle of the pitch you will struggle at any level.
Unfortunately our tactics have not changed to cover for these frailties and we are being put to the sword.

Today has shown that we will struggle next season in the championship, anyone that thinks differently is purely looking through claret tinted glasses.
There are problems, no doubt. Today though was no basis for assessing how we might perform in the Championship next season. It was a one off cup game.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:24 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
I don't think anyone could come in and transform the team this season so I would keep SD until the end of the season but I would seriously review his position then. As good as he has been things are deteriorating further over a period of time and I'm not sure that SD is the right man if he continues with the same approach as before as whilst it has worked previously its not always going to work. Everything in life changes at some point even Pep and Klopp will be gone someday from their current clubs. The football is increasingly depressing to watch, he seems reluctant or unable to have any fresh ideas, poor tactical changes, poor use of substitutes, bad or non use of loan players, his conveyor belt approach of recruiting workhorses, his reluctance to use younger and hungry players and sticking with layers who are too slow, too old and who seem incapable of passing the ball is now getting tedious.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:55 am

DCWat wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 am
There are problems, no doubt. Today though was no basis for assessing how we might perform in the Championship next season. It was a one off cup game.
It won’t be a far off assessment, you can say Huddersfield raised their game with us being the favourites & at home but Huddersfield aren’t 1 of the better sides in that league & if we was playing away to 1 of them it wouldn’t so unimaginable that we would get tonked from 1 of them, we are around championship standard but playing in a league fortunately where there’s a few others who are about the same standard as well.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 am

DCWat wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 am
I disagree, let’s not kid ourselves our management wanted to win that and they played the strongest team they could.

Huddersfield started the game with most of there top talent either on the bench or not even in the squad.

The fact we lost against them and were comfortably the worst team suggests that our problems are as deep as a few posters have been saying for a while.

The biggest shock for me was the difference in athleticism between the two sides. Huddersfield players looked much fitter, stronger, faster.

I don’t think this is a terminal situation for us in the league though, if we sign a top CM and RM (potentially even Sorba Thomas) we have a good chance of finishing above Watford.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Inchy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 am

I’m a big fan of Dyche and what he’s done for the club. His success has enabled us to build a new training ground and to semi modernise the stadium. I believe if anyone can keep us up, it’s him.

That being said I’m fed up of his football. It’s dull. Even when we win it’s dull. I miss entertainment.

Regardless if we go down or not, I’d like Dyche to move on. I’d rather be entertained at a lower level than suffer this style of football. I understand that his style has bought us riches and kept us in the premier league, but I’m bored of it
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern cockneyclaret

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:26 am

We’re going down unless our form takes a drastic turn. I still don’t want Dyche to leave. A few more signings to improve the spine and we’d be a different side.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:13 am

This season reminds me of when Blackburn fans wanted rid of Allerdyce and Bolton fans wanting to get shut of Megson.
People bored of watching their team struggle to compete with clubs who have much more resources than us.
I'm happy to listen to people with ideas beyond sacking Sean Dyche, but I've yet to hear a good suggestion for a person better suited to lead us out of this mess, and I'm pretty sure I know the reason why
Also, not accepting mediocrity isn't going to pay for new players.
This user liked this post: bodge

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:22 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 am
I disagree, let’s not kid ourselves our management wanted to win that and they played the strongest team they could.

Huddersfield started the game with most of there top talent either on the bench or not even in the squad.

The fact we lost against them and were comfortably the worst team suggests that our problems are as deep as a few posters have been saying for a while.

The biggest shock for me was the difference in athleticism between the two sides. Huddersfield players looked much fitter, stronger, faster.

I don’t think this is a terminal situation for us in the league though, if we sign a top CM and RM (potentially even Sorba Thomas) we have a good chance of finishing above Watford.
I think you’ll have to pick another besides Watford to finish above because there’s a strong likelihood if Newcastle carry on spending in this window they’ll be moving north in the league unfortunately. Agree with the rest of your post & the reason Huddersfield players looked much “fitter, stronger, faster” is down to age I think, the problems are extremely deep but some people refuse to see this & acknowledge it & try to look for imaginary positives which don’t exist.
This user liked this post: alwaysaclaret

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 am

Dyche for all his amazing success deserves criticism! We have been awful for 18 months.
1 win this season is not the only problem..our squad is old, lacks athleticism and worse still can't even pass to each other properly..how many times have we given the ball away that has lead to goals this season? !
He has no plan B or different formations..doesn't give youth or new signings a chance and is so loyal he is damaging our chances of survival..yet people want to blame the 'Yanks' who gave us the best summer window in ages.
Tarks should not be playing, he wants out. Mee is club captain and won't sign a contract! McNeil so out of form and Wood looks devoid of confidence. Thank god for Cornet.
The only posters who deserve praise this season are Lowton, Taylor and Cornet..even Pope looks out of sorts..we have 7+ players who simply aren't turning up!
So yes the man paid millions has to turn it round or go..really is as simple as that!

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1486 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 am

It showed yesterday that our assistant manager has little to offer re tactics and seeing out a lead.
I was thinking that maybe Ian would try some of his own ideas out .Maybe the tactics we see every week are in fact inspired by Ian's ideas.
Sean is the best manager we've had in my lifetime, but needs a hand with new ideas
Maybe bringing in John Terry as a first team coach to replace Steve Stone could help.
Sean will turn things around and for some players it's going to get ugly as they are forced out of their comfort zone.Some would say that's not a bad thing given the total dross we witnessed yesterday.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:10 am

Why on earth would the assistant manager try tactics of his own? He is part of a team where the manager employs the tactics in every game whether he is absent or not. Dyche would have been watching and directing as normal yesterday.

As for the OP, I agree totally. The amount of bs on here about, the mess we’re in, the fact he doesn’t change tactics blah blah blah. Everyone needs to calm down and back the guy that has brought sustained success to the club beyond anything else in the last circa 50 years. Get a grip ffs.

I for one believe we have the best pound for pound manager in the league.

I can also understand why people are worried about the finances if we were to go down. Most clubs that get relegated have issues because of the league set up and disparity in finances between the leagues. I reckon Dyche has at least as much chance of keeping us up as Howe does with Newcastle and would anyone really swap managers with them given the chance?

There’s a number of prominent posters on here believe we are relegated after less than half a season. It beggars belief tbh.
These 2 users liked this post: jetblackcat bodge

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:29 am

It's a painful truth that was evident for all to see from last season that we simply do not create and score enough goals. Nothing has been done to address that from last season and we again find ourselves sitting in the relegation places with an expected Goals Factor (xGF) that is the second worst in the Premier League. Wood had a purple spell towards the end of last season that helped paper over the cracks but for him again the goals appear to have dried up. Rodriguez has not scored in the Premier League this season (a tally of 5 Cup goals boosted by 4 against Rochdale). We have been conceding more this season making it even more critical that we score more than once in a game. We struck gold with Cornet who was not signed as a striker but has scored with some spectacular efforts to boost the goals for tally.

If Dyche is going to rely on Barnes and Rodriguez to suddenly find their shooting boots then we are heading for the Championship. We desperately need some midfield creativity this window and an alternative striking option in order to stay up.
This user liked this post: tiger76

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 365 times

Post by yosserhughes » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:43 am

The problem is that some of the players who played yesterday and the week before at Leeds, will be given 3 year contracts at the end of the season and that will be down to Dyche.

Some of these players should never play for the Club again.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1619 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:52 am

I don’t think the same hunger is there with Dyche now. The manager and players seem content to just go through the motions, picking up their hefty wages week after week.
This user liked this post: tiger76

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 365 times

Post by yosserhughes » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:29 am

Think you are correct Burnley.

I can only see this situation heading in one direction, the final few months of the Laws era where the fans were on the manager and players backs at every match.