Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Re: Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:08 pm

:D Isn't speculation fun?

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:09 pm

There’s a lot more going on behind the scenes. There’s an ex long term staff member on FB saying good riddance and suggesting that Dyche was disliked by the general staff for how rude he was with them

Penwortham_Claret

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:10 pm

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:23 pm

Murkier and murkier. All a bit of a shock to me, this.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:25 pm

paulatky wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:59 pm
CP is not saying that will happen,only saying that in a certain scenario it could happen.
See CP's post 185 on this thread timed at 12.31pm.

Chester interprets the situation in exactly the way I do, rightly or wrongly, that under the current curcumstances ownership will necessarily revert to the original ownership of Mike G and John B. Of course matters may change in the the ensuing four months but as things stand that is a highly unlikely scenario.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:09 pm
There’s a lot more going on behind the scenes. There’s an ex long term staff member on FB saying good riddance and suggesting that Dyche was disliked by the general staff for how rude he was with them
Provide links/evidence to claims!

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:31 pm

Pace has obviously got a new manager lined up. Definitely European and probably French or German. Expect announcement on Wednesday.

Penwortham_Claret

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:30 pm
Provide links/evidence to claims!
I shall not do that. The post was as follows tho…

‘Horrible man. Horrible to staff. All front as a nice guy. See ya’

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Daz Bentley tweeted in support of him

Hozz
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Hozz » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Sorry to say but I’ve been disappointed to the point of losing interest in anything football related for a number of reasons (seasons) but especially Burnley unfortunately - mainly being taken over by new owners a while back just made me realise that I had better things to do than support a business (probably bankrolled with loans) that might make its new owners a profit if we remained in the premier league (which was fun for a few matches but the fatigue of constant losses takes its toll).

I’ve seen us rise from the Orient game, I’m really not arsed what happens to us now, sorry!

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:39 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
That's very true dyche had a certain hardcore following who were blinded & could see no wrong in what he was doing & that allowed the club's demise to continue for as long as it did, them people are as much responsible for our relegation as SD. Towards the end thankfully enough people turned.

Cubanforever
Been Liked: 224 times
Has Liked: 587 times

Post by Cubanforever » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Hozz wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:33 pm
Sorry to say but I’ve been disappointed to the point of losing interest in anything football related for a number of reasons (seasons) but especially Burnley unfortunately - mainly being taken over by new owners a while back just made me realise that I had better things to do than support a business (probably bankrolled with loans) that might make its new owners a profit if we remained in the premier league (which was fun for a few matches but the fatigue of constant losses takes its toll).

I’ve seen us rise from the Orient game, I’m really not arsed what happens to us now, sorry!
I've felt and feel exactly the same but can't help taking an interest...its really annoying at times

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:41 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:32 pm
I shall not do that. The post was as follows tho…
Why not, if it's in the public domain? Link or it didn't happen.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1773 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 pm

I’d imagine that you’ll find just as many people to sing his praises if that’s the road you want to go down. Keith Treacy spoke very highly of him a few weeks back.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:49 pm

All these media types, ex footballers calling out our club is so hypocritical, they have spent the last 6 years throwing us scraps and ruing our existence in the top flight. Comparing us to Stoke and any of Big Sams old sides, they have all played their part in this narrative, yet now they are all shocked, lets stick one more knife in that horrible lil club that are taking up a space in the league of someone who should be there, more fashionable.
These 6 users liked this post: Cubanforever Royboyclaret GodIsADeeJay81 RVclaret Somethingfishy longsidepies

Cubanforever
Been Liked: 224 times
Has Liked: 587 times

Post by Cubanforever » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:49 pm
All these media types, ex footballers calling out our club is so hypocritical, they have spent the last 6 years throwing us scraps and ruing our existence in the top flight. Comparing us to Stoke and any of Big Sams old sides, they have all played their part in this narrative, yet now they are all shocked, lets stick one more knife in that horrible lil club that are taking up a space in the league of someone who should be there, more fashionable.
Spot on

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm

Whats clear from this thread is how many readers were still prepared to back SD. If I am honest I worshipped the guy for 90% of the time but became disillusioned once we had gone a third of the season with just one win. THe quotes of "we have been there before and got out of trouble" was starting to wear thin with me. I do however respect the guy in giving us the best side and team since the early sixties, at a time when the PL is head and shoulders above anything else in the world.Not many towns of a 90,000 population are privilidged to have this

Whatever you thought of SD there is no way he deserved the manner in which he has left (unless there is something terrible he has done). For me two things that have upset me-the manner he was axed and the lack of any sincere tribute to him, and secondly I have heard that neither Garlick or John B , as key shareholders, did not know. That says we have owners with no dignity, or humanity, or understanding of what football and BFC means for their fan base. I am a believer such acts have a habit of biting you up the bum in the future
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

Hozz
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Hozz » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:52 pm

I’ll take a peek every now and again Cubanclaret, certainly nothing like I used to but today’s news was everything I felt about being in the premier league and being owned by, let’s say, investors in Burnley FC rather than people being invested in Burnley.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:55 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 pm
I’d imagine that you’ll find just as many people to sing his praises if that’s the road you want to go down. Keith Treacy spoke very highly of him a few weeks back.
I have always thought that SD did a really good job in respect of player welfare.
However, an endorsement from Keith Treacy???? ;)

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:57 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 pm
Most players, ex players, managers and the media think.highly of him. I do. Never too high, never too low. Didn't get the financial support he deserved but coukd do in his next job. And this comment about him being rude is lauhgable. You dont sack Sean Dyche because hes rude to some staff member, even if its true. Its b0llocks.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:57 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm
Whats clear from this thread is how many readers were still prepared to back SD. If I am honest I worshipped the guy for 90% of the time but became disillusioned once we had gone a third of the season with just one win. THe quotes of "we have been there before and got out of trouble" was starting to wear thin with me. I do however respect the guy in giving us the best side and team since the early sixties, at a time when the PL is head and shoulders above anything else in the world.Not many towns of a 90,000 population are privilidged to have this

Whatever you thought of SD there is no way he deserved the manner in which he has left (unless there is something terrible he has done). For me two things that have upset me-the manner he was axed and the lack of any sincere tribute to him, and secondly I have heard that neither Garlick or John B , as key shareholders, did not know. That says we have owners with no dignity, or humanity, or understanding of what football and BFC means for their fan base. I am a believer such acts have a habit of biting you up the bum in the future
Garlick mainly I would guess more than JB who probably just went along with it having no real say would have not been bothered one bit if we had gone down and he had had all his money paid to him, he didnt care. If he did he would have invested when we needed it, not plotting his exit and contacting dodgy Egyptians and allowing such a complicated takeover to happen from Americans with no real money, or not the type needed to run a top flight team

In what business does a new owner phone up an old owner 18 months after a takeover and ask "hey Mike...gonna sack Sean and his staff, just running it past you first, didnt want to upset you, I know how little you got on with him"
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 2923 times

Post by burnleymik » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 pm

Greekclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:34 pm
This wouldn’t surprise me. I remember when we let go some youth players, may have been Howieson and Hewitt amongst others. They were straight onto Twitter calling out Ian Woan for pretty much being the reason why a lot of players were not happy at the time. Sure the tweets got deleted pretty sharp ish but they were online for an hour or so
Wasn't it Woan who had the blow-up with Gibson too?

Conroy92
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:09 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:34 pm
I posted a few weeks back about something i found out from more or less the horses mouth. I also heard that the dressing room wasn't as harmonious as it used to be. The player in question is one of the OOC and it was said he had no intention of re-signing and cited a member of staff for causing disruption (not Dyche) and that many of the players were unhappy with the methods. Now you can draw your own conclusions about it and who that is. It was passed onto me when it probably shouldn't to be fair.
I'm not going to divulge my source or name names..as if i would and I'll wait for the inevitable abuse and discrediting..as i got last time. What would it matter if i did? Doesn't make it any less real what I heard though.
If true, my guess would be Steve Stone.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:11 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:57 pm
Garlick mainly I would guess more than JB who probably just went along with it having no real say would have not been bothered one bit if we had gone down and he had had all his money paid to him, he didnt care. If he did he would have invested when we needed it, not plotting his exit and contacting dodgy Egyptians and allowing such a complicated takeover to happen from Americans with no real money, or not the type needed to run a top flight team

In what business does a new owner phone up an old owner 18 months after a takeover and ask "hey Mike...gonna sack Sean and his staff, just running it past you first, didnt want to upset you, I know how little you got on with him"
Excepting that MG and JB are current board members who who Pace said it would be madness not to lean on as sounding boards given their experience, knowledge understanding and contacts
This user liked this post: paulatky

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 782 times
Has Liked: 1437 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:14 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:39 pm
That's very true dyche had a certain hardcore following who were blinded & could see no wrong in what he was doing & that allowed the club's demise to continue for as long as it did, them people are as much responsible for our relegation as SD. Towards the end thankfully enough people turned.
“Clubs demise” get a grip man

martin_p
Been Liked: 3768 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:17 pm

I’m not sure why people are looking for some Machiavellian reason why Dyche has been sacked. Look at the league table, look at a board that needs the Premier League money to service the debt it has loaded on the club and put two and two together. It’s a last throw of the dice, but one that should have happened weeks ago if it was to have a chance of working. It’s not a decision I’d have taken myself and not one I’m happy with. I don’t think it’ll make a blind bit of difference to our season now, in fact if anything it’s condemned us a couple of weeks earlier. I think it’s a shabby way to treat a manager who has given us so much enjoyment over the last nine and a half years, especially when I expected he would have walked if we’d gone down anyway.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

NickBFC
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 291 times

Post by NickBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:23 pm

I was one questioning Dyche, more often than not recently. I still do find it sad its ended in the way it has, but as Sean said himself, nothing lasts forever. I think at this stage I would have preferred the club to wait until the summer but it does give the new manager a bit of time to assess what is clearly a required major rebuild.

Thanks for the memories Sean, and there have been many. 23, 23 undefeated being one. UTC.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:23 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:11 pm
Excepting that MG and JB are current board members who who Pace said it would be madness not to lean on as sounding boards given their experience, knowledge understanding and contacts
Yet it appears MG & JB didn’t know about this until it happened

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:17 pm
I’m not sure why people are looking for some Machiavellian reason why Dyche has been sacked. Look at the league table, look at a board that needs the Premier League money to service the debt it has loaded on the club and put two and two together. It’s a last throw of the dice, but one that should have happened weeks ago if it was to have a chance of working. It’s not a decision I’d have taken myself and not one I’m happy with. I don’t think it’ll make a blind bit of difference to our season now, in fact if anything it’s condemned us a couple of weeks earlier. I think it’s a shabby way to treat a manager who has given us so much enjoyment over the last nine and a half years, especially when I expected he would have walked if we’d gone down anyway.
If it was down to results and league position he’d have been sacked months ago. Something he’d obviously happened this week behind the scenes.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

martin_p
Been Liked: 3768 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 pm
If it was down to results and league position he’d have been sacked months ago. Something he’d obviously happened this week behind the scenes.
Nope, we lost to Norwich, that’s what happened.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:31 pm
perhaps the poor performance tipped the balance?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 pm

Could be some truth in that something significant happened we aren't aware about & may never be aware about, certain things don't add up with the surprise announcement I think we'll know more in the passage of time.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:31 pm
Then he’d have been sacked at the start of the week. No way they’ve sacked him after defeat last Sunday.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Hozz wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Plenty of other clubs for you to support if you are ‘not arsed’ about what happens to BFC. Dyche may even have a new club soon so you can support him there

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 pm

paulatky wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:23 pm
Forget all that, Paul.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 pm
Could be some truth in that something significant happened we aren't aware about & may never be aware about, certain things don't add up with the surprise announcement I think we'll know more in the passage of time.
Personally exceptionally sad but agree with this, that there may be more to this than we can or will ever know about. Results will be a factor, and let’s face it they’ve not been good, but I’m sure other factors will have been considered.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:51 pm

paulatky wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:23 pm
How do you know this?

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 983 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:04 pm

If it came down to results and league position I would agree, but many seem to hand Sean a "get out of jail free card" citing under investment by the owners as a major factor in poor results and performances. This comment also applies to sections of the media. Many feel that Sean would have been able to turn the situation around in the few games remaining but I do not subscribe to that view.

Even if Alan Pace had left the sacking until the Summer the reaction from many fans and the media would have been the same, with many claiming that he had done enough to deserve the chance to bring us back up, "He's done it before" would have been the claim. However dire the results and the performances it would never have been the fault of the manager. Even though we are the lowest scorers in the PL, bar bottom club Norwich, and have won just once in 15 road trips and failing to win most of our games considered as "must wins" extenuating circumstances were always found to absolve the manager from blame. "Even Pep and Klopp would struggle to win a game managing Burnley" claimed some.

Having spent almost 10 years at the club the sacking was never going to go down well when he had built up almost a cult following amongst many supporters. Sean gave many years of loyal service and achieved almost the impossible in keeping us up in the PL for so long but nothing lasts forever, especially in the world of football management.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:07 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:04 pm
If it came down to results and league position I would agree, but many seem to hand Sean a "get out of jail free card" citing under investment by the owners as a major factor in poor results and performances. This comment also applies to sections of the media. Many feel that Sean would have been able to turn the situation around in the few games remaining but I do not subscribe to that view.

Even if Alan Pace had left the sacking until the Summer the reaction from many fans and the media would have been the same, with many claiming that he had done enough to deserve the chance to bring us back up, "He's done it before" would have been the claim. However dire the results and the performances it would never have been the fault of the manager. Even though we are the lowest scorers in the PL, bar bottom club Norwich, and have won just once in 15 road trips and failing to win most of our games considered as "must wins" extenuating circumstances were always found to absolve the manager from blame. "Even Pep and Klopp would struggle to win a game managing Burnley" claimed some.

Having spent almost 10 years at the club the sacking was never going to go down well when he had built up almost a cult following amongst many supporters. Sean gave many years of loyal service and achieved almost the impossible in keeping us up in the PL for so long but nothing lasts forever, especially in the world of football management.
It’s sounding like he was on the way out in the summer anyway. It’ll be interesting to hear the first interviews from players tomorrow or Sunday.

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by leelad » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:14 pm

Having had time to think this one through over the day, I still think the sacking was a knee jerk decision by Pace - the timing of the decision in being so close to Sunday's game would suggest that something may have happened behind the scenes or words have been said. We may never know the reasons why. I would have let Sean see what he could have done over the remaining 8 games and then take it from there. He deserved to leave on his terms and I would have hoped that he would have known when that time would have been. It's a complete 360 degree turn from Pace who said on first arriving at the club that he wanted Sean to stay and be around for some time, but loyalty is not what it used to be in the modern game (nor is trust sometimes) between owner and manager. I wish Sean every success for the future, I think this season has been a season too far for this squad, but for someone who has put so much into the club (on and off the field) and got the town energised and at times in the Prem believing they could beat any team (especially in that European season). That was the high water point of Sean's reign, but like all eras it has to end sometime.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 625 times
Has Liked: 492 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:17 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 pm
perhaps the poor performance tipped the balance?
We've won 4 games all season. No other reason is needed.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:17 pm

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Dyche's sacking , this is a sad day for BFC and it's fans

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:24 pm

DCWat wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:24 pm
Not only that but if the reasons cited in the article have come from within, it begs the question, why did Pace and co. offer Dyche a 4 year contract.
Because its probably exaggerated bullshit to cover their arse if it goes tits up

colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by colne-claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:27 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
JB himself told us at Brentford that him and MG are still heavily involved with the club.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:32 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Could they as board members be sacked?

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:32 pm
Could they as board members be sacked?
Fortunately it doesn't work that way, Cleveleys.

Why would you want them sacked anyway?..These are two people as close to being diehard Clarets as you or I.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:00 am

Royboyclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:41 pm
Fortunately it doesn't work that way, Cleveleys.

Why would you want them sacked anyway?..These are two people as close to being diehard Clarets as you or I.
I dont want them sacked, just curious as to who the other person sacked late this afternoon was. Claret Tony said he knew who it was but wasnt naming them, so was just spitballing that was all. Trying to cross off another couple who it isnt, now he said it wasnt a player (many suspecting Stephens at first)

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:13 am

We have some of THE worst supporters in any division, the smugness levels of the Dyche out brigade is truly sickening.
It should be printed on their season tickets so we all know who to avoid.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1509 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:43 am

Just a few things I’m throwing out there, personal opinions only - I wasn’t a fan of the current coaching setup. Woan and, in particular, Stone never gave off the same professional air that Dyche did. There were issues with Stone previously (was he suspended?) and he gave off an aggressive vibe.

Also, I thought the Barnes and Stephens drink drive incidents were handled quite badly by Dyche. It made a mockery of the ultra high levels of professionalism portrayed by him and the coaching staff. Thought they were downplayed too much.

Tactically, we have undoubtedly regressed - I do wonder if some players voiced doubts to the board. Note I don’t agree with the decision, certainly not the timing, but just some thoughts.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:49 am

interesting that Simon Jordan said he knows Dyche would have walked to Palace but they never came in for him