Announcement Content

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Announcement Content

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:08 am

I have had a meeting this morning at the club and we got talking about the incredible announcement videos.

I assumed that we had brought some whiz kids into the club with all the internal changes over recent years however I was wrong. The majority of the team behind the content that is being acknowledged worldwide have actually been with us for years but we have simply not tapped into their brilliance.

There is a lot wrong with what has happened at the club in recent times however I can’t help but feel that the shake up and new direction of travel is going to prove to be a really significant change in where this club ends up in years to come. We had got stale.
This user liked this post: Tw@

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Re: Announcement Content

Post by warksclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:11 am

Good to hear-our attendances this season, home and away tell me everything. They are the barometer

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:38 am

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that the “behind the scenes” content increased not long after Easter weekend
This user liked this post: MeeActon1

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:47 am

I don't get peoples dislike of the reveal video's I find them quite fun and have propelled our presence in the public eye ... lots of people talking about them ... was in the Pub last night and my m8 asked who was doing the reveal videos as he had been sent a few on his mobile phone
These 2 users liked this post: Tw@ louieollie

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:59 am

warksclaret wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:11 am
Good to hear-our attendances this season, home and away tell me everything. They are the barometer
Would be interested to dig out the old thread and see the predictions of a half empty turf moor from some posters!

They’re better than last season, which is remarkable.

Expecting that might improve after holiday season and if we start to be free scoring.
These 2 users liked this post: warksclaret Archer

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:04 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:38 am
Don’t think it’s a coincidence that the “behind the scenes” content increased not long after Easter weekend
Our announcement videos have been more Rolls Royce, than Bentley.
These 3 users liked this post: Jel Bosscat Burnley Ace

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:06 am

New announcement videos are not only fun to watch, they indicate that the club is moving on from the stale and old style management
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat 1989_claret bfcjg Tw@ louieollie

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:10 am

They are fun videos that are nice to watch for people on social media. But that is basically all they are. They don't really impact on revenue or allow the club to grow in any meaningful sense but harmless fun and better than just a boring old press release.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1076 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am

The fantastic BFC media team
Screenshot_20220902-111219_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220902-111219_Twitter.jpg (121.68 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
These 20 users liked this post: warksclaret Bosscat 1989_claret claret wizard Billy Balfour sox8595 bfcjg green_parrot JanetM evensteadiereddie ClaretGeorgina Jellybean Murger The Enclosure Juan Tanamera Bin Ont Turf louieollie jos Alanstevensonsgloves nicotoscani

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am

Presume the posters that don't like the videos know how to operate the ON/OFF button
These 5 users liked this post: bf2k AGENT_CLARET Rumbletonk Juan Tanamera Tw@

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:21 am

I have to say they make me smile and that alone is well worth it .

Well done to those who are behind it all .
These 2 users liked this post: 1989_claret louieollie

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:34 am

I was a tad critical of the early presentation of the "Turf More" series under this team but.... they are improving and these little video's are great fun.... long may it continue and ...

Well Done

UTC

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:46 am

forzagranata wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:10 am
They are fun videos that are nice to watch for people on social media. But that is basically all they are. They don't really impact on revenue or allow the club to grow in any meaningful sense but harmless fun and better than just a boring old press release.
Sorry Forza but you can’t be more wrong. Any company serious about growth has a detailed social media strategy. I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and we have a employee wide social media enablement and education program. Not just for not letting people but their foot in it, but to allow them to spread the company message across all platforms. We are actively encouraged to share and post messages within that framework. We spend millions of dollars on this. We don’t do this to titillate a few people, we see, track and measure revenue from these activities.
These 2 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET louieollie

forzagranata

Post by forzagranata » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:56 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:46 am
Sorry Forza but you can’t be more wrong. Any company serious about growth has a detailed social media strategy. I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and we have a employee wide social media enablement and education program. Not just for not letting people but their foot in it, but to allow them to spread the company message across all platforms. We are actively encouraged to share and post messages within that framework. We spend millions of dollars on this. We don’t do this to titillate a few people, we see, track and measure revenue from these activities.
Oh I am aware of the benefits of a social media strategy for companies. I just don't see much benefit likely to be gained for Burnley.

Of course social media strategies are valuable for big companies and indeed football clubs which are club global brands like United, Barca, PSG etc.

Also clubs that have a lot of major commercial partners and sponsors can deliver benefits for those partners through the engagement social media content brings.

Burnley aren't one of those clubs - so its basically just a bit of fun. Its nice they are doing them.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:03 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Oh I am aware of the benefits of a social media strategy for companies. I just don't see much benefit likely to be gained for Burnley.

Of course social media strategies are valuable for big companies and indeed football clubs which are club global brands like United, Barca, PSG etc.

Also clubs that have a lot of major commercial partners and sponsors can deliver benefits for those partners through the engagement social media content brings.

Burnley aren't one of those clubs - so its basically just a bit of fun. Its nice they are doing them.
I don't think you could be more wrong

I'm almost 50, and I understand how social media is absolutely crucial in pretty much every business, and if used correctly (as in this case) will significantly raise our profile in a very positive way

The clearest example I can give you is that when you see Burnley FC trending now, you very rarely see the negative portrays of us (that banner) and its always positive about how we play, what we are trying to do and how good our transfer videos are

Millions of views on social media are not to be sniffed at, especially if you have the strategy that AP clearly has about brand and content
These 5 users liked this post: Archer Somethingfishy longsidepies AGENT_CLARET louieollie

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Surely it can only enhance the 'feel good' factor. Well done to the team.

forzagranata

Post by forzagranata » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:57 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:03 pm
I don't think you could be more wrong

I'm almost 50, and I understand how social media is absolutely crucial in pretty much every business, and if used correctly (as in this case) will significantly raise our profile in a very positive way

The clearest example I can give you is that when you see Burnley FC trending now, you very rarely see the negative portrays of us (that banner) and its always positive about how we play, what we are trying to do and how good our transfer videos are

Millions of views on social media are not to be sniffed at, especially if you have the strategy that AP clearly has about brand and content
Again - its all nice. But not a revenue generator is my point. It makes everyone feel good, so worth doing, but shouldn’t be confused with “the business growing”

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:59 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am

Guy centre back looks a proper IT boffin.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:12 pm

It may not generate huge revenue directly, although I’m sure there is money to be made from YouTube hits etc, but it will most certainly be increasing indirect revenues because it’s increasing and improving our exposure and enhancing brand Burnley.

As Lancaster says, in a matter of a few short weeks we’ve gone from Brexit ball northern racists to people not previously interested in our club literally waiting for our new content. The potential of those numbers in the eyes of new sponsors etc etc is huge.

We’ve never had the kid of public interaction on social media.

It’s a far cry from people tweeting Darren Bentley to ask if he can check in their seat in the Bob Lord as they’ve lost their keys!
This user liked this post: louieollie

eastcoastclaret
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by eastcoastclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:19 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:57 pm
Again - its all nice. But not a revenue generator is my point. It makes everyone feel good, so worth doing, but shouldn’t be confused with “the business growing”
In order for a business to grow, people need to know about you, and social media is a tool that allows us to do that relatively cheaply. We are sending content out that has worldwide reach. Every time we sign a player and they follow the clubs twitter account, we gain more interest.

The more exposure we get the more exposure those companies advertising with us get, and therefore advertising revenues should grow.
This user liked this post: louieollie

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:27 pm

It’s called a “ good start “ works wonders for any club . And as a totally new set up it’s a pleasing honeymoon period . These “ reveal “ vids are ok for teenage kids , and tbh a 12yr old with basic IT skills could do them . They do however encourage fan engagement though so no probs with that at all .It’s a bit of feelgood fun .

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:36 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:27 pm
It’s called a “ good start “ works wonders for any club . And as a totally new set up it’s a pleasing honeymoon period . These “ reveal “ vids are ok for teenage kids , and tbh a 12yr old with basic IT skills could do them . They do however encourage fan engagement though so no probs with that at all .It’s a bit of feelgood fun .
Some imagination for a 12 year old kid.

Also poses the question, if it’s so easy why isn’t everyone doing it?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:37 pm

None of them look old enough to have watched The Sixth Sense (my favourite) or American Psycho!
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:45 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:36 pm
Some imagination for a 12 year old kid.

Also poses the question, if it’s so easy why isn’t everyone doing it?
It’s a bit of fun and nothing more , keeps up the early “ new era” vibe and spreads a bit of social clickery. It’s of no financial merit per se , but keeps the club name out there .

Re: 12 year olds , I was referring more to the IT skills needed for a few clumsy edits and over dubs , rather than the amusing ( and pretty good ) thinking that’s gone into this .

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:50 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:45 pm
It’s a bit of fun and nothing more , keeps up the early “ new era” vibe and spreads a bit of social clickery. It’s of no financial merit per se , but keeps the club name out there .

Re: 12 year olds , I was referring more to the IT skills needed for a few clumsy edits and over dubs , rather than the amusing ( and pretty good ) thinking that’s gone into this .
You’re wrong. It has huge financial potential.

forzagranata

Post by forzagranata » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:09 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:50 pm
You’re wrong. It has huge financial potential.
It really doesn't. Sure, someone in California might see one of the videos and think - that's cool, Burnley seem fun....but then that's it. Burnley FC isn't a product or service that they can buy. We also don't have any major brand partners piggy backing off this 'exposure'.

But I don't want to knock it because it's enjoyable, fun content and doesn't do any harm. It's all good.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:11 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:09 pm
It really doesn't. Sure, someone in California might see one of the videos and think - that's cool, Burnley seem fun....but then that's it. Burnley FC isn't a product or service that they can buy. We also don't have any major brand partners piggy backing off this 'exposure'.

But I don't want to knock it because it's enjoyable, fun content and doesn't do any harm. It's all good.
Siri, tell me you don't understand social media marketing without telling me you don't understand social media marketing
This user liked this post: claretspice

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:13 pm

There is loads of value in this stuff. Reputation is massive.

Apart from anything else, the interest in Burnley that this piques is exactly the sort of thing that has the potential to make potential investors - and lord knows, Pace could do with one or two - see the attraction of investing in Burnley. Same goes for advertisers, and so on. Perception, reputations and goodwill are massive, and social media presence drives all of those things. We're catching attention for the right reasons in this regard, so it can only serve us well.
These 2 users liked this post: burnleymik louieollie

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1756 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:29 pm

This thread is proof that even a topic about something light, fun and popular, can go dark and heavy in a heart beat.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 2922 times

Post by burnleymik » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:31 pm

BFC is a brand, whether you accept it or not. Unfortunately we have had quite a few negative connotations around us in recent years and I imagine ultimately that has affected our sponsorship deals, advertising revenue, etc, all huge to the club. It was always going to take work to change that perception, but I think it has been done incredibly quickly. Suddenly we are hitting the media and social media highs for all the right reasons and that can only ever be good for our brand and ultimately our football club.

The better our reputation, the more sponsors and advertisers want to be associated with us. It's a win-win. I think the traction the videos have gained has helped us, seemingly making a lot of new people interested in the club. A good job well done.
This user liked this post: Alanstevensonsgloves

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:34 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:37 pm
None of them look old enough to have watched The Sixth Sense (my favourite) or American Psycho!
It's almost as if you can watch films years after they are released.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:37 pm

claretspice wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:13 pm
There is loads of value in this stuff. Reputation is massive.

Apart from anything else, the interest in Burnley that this piques is exactly the sort of thing that has the potential to make potential investors - and lord knows, Pace could do with one or two - see the attraction of investing in Burnley. Same goes for advertisers, and so on. Perception, reputations and goodwill are massive, and social media presence drives all of those things. We're catching attention for the right reasons in this regard, so it can only serve us well.
Well that's the point isn't it - it's good when developing an investment proposition.

The only thing that counts in football is PL broadcast revenue everything else is piffle.

In the Championship, it's all about bums on seats and that is constrained by the local population unless you have the kind of global appeal that attracts football tourism.

So, yes great social media content is good for the brand but it doesn't change the club's essential business proposition.

For what it is worth I thought the sixth sense one verged on poor taste but the last one was very entertaining albeit for the life of me I can;t recall what it was about.
This user liked this post: forzagranata

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:34 pm
It's almost as if you can watch films years after they are released.
You can also watch new films as well, I suppose it depends on how much time you spend watching films.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:38 pm

It makes us the cool “to be at” club. Among other things of course like the Kompany factor.

I don’t think Pace’s “everyone’s favourite underdog” is relevant in the EFL but if we were a, say, Brighton or Brentford in terms of league position this media profile coupled with footballing style would help us be exactly that.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:42 pm

it's not always about revenue directly. Social media can impact many areas, the obvious ones being reputation (the reveals have overtaken the flyover), staff recruitment and retention, perception ("I'd like to work at BFC - it looks a fun place"), connections (potential sponsors), presence (better than not being present.

There is nothing but goodness here and to suggest otherwise simply exposes the lack of understanding by the individual

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:47 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Presume the posters that don't like the videos know how to operate the ON/OFF button
Certainly know how to operate the lock button and the disappear button.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:50 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:

Apologies, I've forgotten the name of the lass on the far right of the picture, but I do enjoy her interviewing players.

Bit jolly and sounds like she's interested. 8-)

ecc
Been Liked: 1442 times
Has Liked: 1289 times

Post by ecc » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:01 pm

I haven't watched them but I've heard about them mainly from my use of Newsnow.

I don't have the knowledge concerning global social media strategies etc. to contribute to that debate but anything that generates good publicity about our club, and indirectly the town of Burnley, is positive and welcome.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 pm

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/sta ... geJ-Q&s=19

They've released a compilation video 🤣

firstclaret
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by firstclaret » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:35 pm

“Hard day at work today, Boss caught me watching Deal or no Deal on me phone, so my five colleagues & I, had to quickly cobble some video together, to make it seem that it was work related”
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 sox8595

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1226 times

Post by Pickles » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:50 pm

The perception of the club has changed dramatically in such a short period of time. From Brexit FC, 442 dinosaurs to hipster viral sensations.

We've transformed off the pitch as much as we have on it. This will have been important to Pace and you're naïve if you downplay how useful it can be.
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat MeeActon1 tiger76 RVclaret Swizzlestick

RHansburyEsq
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Post by RHansburyEsq » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:14 pm

As a father of teenage kids with gazillions of competing things to occupy them and who see the world largely through an online lens, I’d say a top quality social media offering is the bare minimum for a club like ours to stand still in terms of support and associated revenue. It has clearly improved significantly in recent months and long may it continue.

sox8595
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 384 times

Post by sox8595 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:13 pm

I'm over 60 and love them.
How can you not, compared to all the negative publicity we have had.I work in Preston and the positive comments make a very nice change to what usually gets said.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Bosscat

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:08 am

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:29 pm
This thread is proof that even a topic about something light, fun and popular, can go dark and heavy in a heart beat.
This is a good thread with well reasoned discussion, the sort I want to read.