Burnley v Everton - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
sjb
Been Liked: 263 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Re: Burnley v Everton - Player Ratings

Post by sjb » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:05 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
Beyer 5
O'Shea 3 how is this guy playing in the PL?
Delcroix 3 awful
Larsen 5 can't cross a ball
Brownhill 4 anonymous
Berge 4 one good shot but his distribution was woeful and for a big guy his lack of physicality is embarrassing
Odobert 6
Amdouni 5
J Rod 3 time to hang up the boots Jay

Foster 6
Al Dakhil 4

strayclaret
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by strayclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:07 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
O’Shea 5
Beyer 5
Delcroix 6
JBL 6
Berge 6
Brownhill 5
Odobert 6
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 5

Foster 6
Bullied, out fought and too slow, again!!!

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Trafford 4 made a brilliant save but his weakness cost us again. Some of his decisions and execution of the pass was poor
Vitinho 5
Delcroix 3 absolute fraud of a premier league player
OShea 4
Beyer 4
Brownhill 4
Berge 5
Amdouni 4
Odobert 6
Brun larsen 6
Jay 4

Foster 6
AAD 6

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Trafford 5 - a fantastic save the equal of any last week then a flap at the corner, summed it up. Struggles against giants.
Vitinho 6 - some good moments but invited pressure with silly passes in that 15 minute 1st half implosion
Delcroix 4 - didn’t look anywhere near match sharp enough
O’Shea 4 - isn’t quick enough in mind or feet for this level, the critical own goal against West Ham and the assist for Keane today examples
Beyer 5 - lost Keane for the 2nd goal and was too passive throughout. Did a great run then gave it away at the end of it.
Berge 5 - his worst performance. Sluggish in possession.
Brownhill 6 - energetic but no end product
Brun Larsen 5 - didn’t really show much quality but for a couple of minor glimpses
Odobert 6 - gave it away very cheaply in his own half for the first goal move, very raw, but good desire on a few occasions
Amdouni 4 - had no space to operate amd didn’t know what to do about it
Rodriguez 5 - lost headers for both goals, before we just blame Trafford

Foster 6 - wonderful to see him back and still looked our most dangerous player, albeit rusty
Al Dakhil 4 - was he on?

It is bizarre how year after year nerves can spread through a whole team and they either all play well or all freeze and appear sluggish and second to everything. It was like that today.

I can accept us losing to a Dyche side at home. We have done it to so many others under Dyche, including wins at Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates and Stamford Bridge. He keeps it tight and compact, denies us space and picks his moments to seize a goal or two. We didn't have the quality at each end to deny that today. Against a Dyche team you have to score first. We never had the zip to our passing to carve them open. I put that down to nerves.

Everton are a top half side akin to Brighton this season, but I did think though the late subs were inexplicable. The game was passing us by and game changers were left unused until way too late, like Benson, Tresor, Obafemi and Redmond.

Anyway, we don’t panic, we remain 6 behind Forest, as we have been for 3 months, it remains all to play for.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1802 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:15 pm

Apart from Trafford, Amdouni seems the only team sheet regular.

I’m still trying to work out what he does. Without the ball, a player who shows very little.

Not much more with it to be honest.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:18 pm

Trafford 4 - one great save just before the first goal but unforgivable lack of authority in his 6 yard box again for the 1st goal and I’m not sure on his parry for the 2nd either.

Vitinho 4 - I’ve said right from the start that any team with him in it will struggle. Quite simply not up to it at this level and even worse when moved to the left.
O’Shea 4 - there was a reason why Everton LET him have the ball. Probably our strongest player aerially so why didn’t he pick up Tarkowski?
Beyer 5 - a couple of good forward runs but struggled defensively - but then anyone would in a back four with the other three!
Delcroix 4 - looked rusty and is not a full back. Lacked any idea of how to play that position and it showed.

JBL 5 - some neat play but also missed opportunities to pick out teammates in promising positions. Shocking dead ball delivery.
Brownhill 3 - cannot remember a single moment of his in the whole game. Completely anonymous in a game where we needed his battling qualities.
Berge 7 - once again, comfortably our best player. Tried to make us tick but had little help around him.
Odobert 5 - tried his best to make things happen but without much success.

Amdouni 4 - showed glimpses but largely anonymous.
Rodriguez 3 - offered absolutely nothing. The high line that Everton were playing was actually quite embarrassing but they were able to as we had zero pace to run in behind.

Foster 5 - rusty for obvious reasons but absolutely delighted that he’s back in amongst it.

Two incredibly soft goals to concede and yet another abject second half performance. Once again the game just drifted along without the manager making any changes to try and get back into the game.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2263 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:31 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:15 pm
Apart from Trafford, Amdouni seems the only team sheet regular.

I’m still trying to work out what he does. Without the ball, a player who shows very little.

Not much more with it to be honest.
Flatters to deceive for me as well.

Has an extremely heavy touch at times and let’s the ball run away from him - though at other times dribbles fantastically well.

Would do well in a different league probably, intensity of the PL a bit too much for him right now, imo.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 1303 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 4
Beyer 4
Delacroix 4
Brun Larsen 6
Brownhill 5
Berge 7
Odebert 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 4

Foster 5

Complete shambles, we were incredibly lucky it was only 0-2.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:55 pm

Trafford 6 - alright but probably weak for the 2nd
Vitinho 6 - thought he played well today other than final ball - crated space and got in behind
O shea 5 - has been getting better but today was ponderous
Beyer 5 - bullied
Delacroix 5 - not really a left back
JBL5 - tried hard and got in behind a fair bit but delivered nothing at the end of it
Brownhill 5 - busy busy but to cert little avail
Berge 6 mom - struggled 1st half much better 2nd
Odobert 6 - started well, drifted out of the game a bit
Amdouni 3 - you might as well play with a skittle for all the difference he makes
Jay 4 - really struggled todY but at least he tried

Foster 5 - started well but no service - good to see him.back

Other subs - NOT ON LONG ENOUGH!!!
Kompany -10. Crap tactics, crap team selection, crap subs (wtf was the Al Dakhil one? No change to shape just made both sides worse. How Amdouni started 2nd half is beyond me. Why redmond tresor and obafemi didn't feature is a ******* mystery.) Baffling

I left at 81 minutes as I had had enough. Utter garbage and we are already done at this level this season.

Shite

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:57 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Complete shambles, we were incredibly lucky it was only 0-2.
Mainly because Everton put their feet up for the 2nd half

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:59 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm
Trafford 5 - a fantastic save the equal of any last week then a flap at the corner, summed it up. Struggles against giants.
Vitinho 6 - some good moments but invited pressure with silly passes in that 15 minute 1st half implosion
Delcroix 4 - didn’t look anywhere near match sharp enough
O’Shea 4 - isn’t quick enough in mind or feet for this level, the critical own goal against West Ham and the assist for Keane today examples
Beyer 5 - lost Keane for the 2nd goal and was too passive throughout. Did a great run then gave it away at the end of it.
Berge 5 - his worst performance. Sluggish in possession.
Brownhill 6 - energetic but no end product
Brun Larsen 5 - didn’t really show much quality but for a couple of minor glimpses
Odobert 6 - gave it away very cheaply in his own half for the first goal move, very raw, but good desire on a few occasions
Amdouni 4 - had no space to operate amd didn’t know what to do about it
Rodriguez 5 - lost headers for both goals, before we just blame Trafford

Foster 6 - wonderful to see him back and still looked our most dangerous player, albeit rusty
Al Dakhil 4 - was he on?

It is bizarre how year after year nerves can spread through a whole team and they either all play well or all freeze and appear sluggish and second to everything. It was like that today.

I can accept us losing to a Dyche side at home. We have done it to so many others under Dyche, including wins at Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates and Stamford Bridge. He keeps it tight and compact, denies us space and picks his moments to seize a goal or two. We didn't have the quality at each end to deny that today. Against a Dyche team you have to score first. We never had the zip to our passing to carve them open. I put that down to nerves.

Everton are a top half side akin to Brighton this season, but I did think though the late subs were inexplicable. The game was passing us by and game changers were left unused until way too late, like Benson, Tresor, Obafemi and Redmond.

Anyway, we don’t panic, we remain 6 behind Forest, as we have been for 3 months, it remains all to play for.
Love your posts Crosspool. By the way, which was the thread where you said Everton's style suited us.

I told you they would over power us in midfield then sit in. I even told you that the side you picked was ideal for Everton and they would over power us in midfield and then sit in.

And you attribute the defeat to nerves. I like it.

In reality Vincent Kompany sent out a team that couldn't win so I'm not going to criticise them unduly...

Trafford 6 - Young keeper - deserves more protection from the club
Vitinho 6 - An honest player but the game is too quick for him and he makes too many unforced errors every game
Delcroix 5 - Difficult one for him but tried
O’Shea 6 - Honest player has good moments but perhaps the PL is too early in his career
Beyer 6 - Got talent but it's hard for all of them at the moment
Berge 6 - As predicted over run in midfield - can't really blame him
Brownhill 6 - as above
Brun Larsen 6 - bright moments and kept trying but not an easy day for him
Odobert 6 - Again works hard and had a few bright moments but the PL is too early for him
Amdouni 5 - No idea what his role in this side is other than to have the odd moment and pop up all over the place
Rodriguez 5 - Had his worst game of his recent cameo today but not sure you can blame him given the overall first half

Foster 6 - Great to see him back - thought he looked quite lively but up against one of the best defences in the PL

Lew200100
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Lew200100 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:01 pm

The players today don’t deserve an ounce of time or effort into giving a score.

What they should see is the effort that some fans go to to watch them. I watched a disabled chap who looked in his mid seventies leave after 80 minutes in his wheel chair as the players are pussy footing around at the back as per usual.

For goodness sake show us some passion and determination to try and win a game as this football is just soulless to watch. Give us something to get excited about even if we aren’t as good as the opposition as the best teams don’t always win.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:15 pm

Trafford 7 some good saves but let down by his defence
Vitinho 4 awful
O’Shea 3 how many goals does he give away before he gets dropped
Beyer 6
Delcroix 4
JBL 7* our best attacker
Berge 5 better in 2nd half - but not difficult
Brownhill 5 badly at fault for the first goal
Odobert 7 good first half
Rodriguez 5 good in defence
Amdouni 4 a luxury

Foster 5 odd moments

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:17 pm

Very hard to understand so many people giving good ratings to a goalkeeper responsible for conceding two goals.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2573 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:21 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 6 - at least he tried
O'Shea 5
Beyer 5
Delcroix 4 - hahahahaha what a signing
Larsen 5 - tried, but just laughable end product
Berge 6
Brownhill 4
Odobert 5
Amdouni 3
Rodriguez 3

Foster 4

I said last week that this would be a game of huge contrast and so it proved. Lol Kompany. So, so, so far out of his depth at this level of management.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:10 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Very hard to understand so many people giving good ratings to a goalkeeper responsible for conceding two goals.
Just watched MoD and realise that 1st one was a lot nearer him. That's poor. He's got to be far more aggressive there.

The second is a bad parry but frankly the header and the laughable attempt to stop a centre back getting off a shot like that ate way worse mistakes.

I'd go back and drop marks for Beyer Delcroix and Traff if I could be arsed but frankly I'm not really invested enough.

We've surrendered far too easily in too many games this season, don't look like learning and cough up goal opportunities left right and centre. That is 100% down to our management and ownership who have pretty much set us up to fail

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:13 am

Trafford 4
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 4
Beyer 4
Delacroix 4
Brun Larsen 5
Brownhill 4
Berge 7
Odebert 5
Amdouni 3
Rodriguez 4

Foster 5

Another unacceptable performance in what has been a catalogue of unacceptable performances this season. Where's the drive, passion and intensity. My fear is that Kompany has simply found his level which is the level below this, it would explain why he doesn't seem to be learning so far this season or adapting his in game management, perhaps he's just incapable of being "management smart" in the elite division and another worry is is that Alan Pace seems totally besotted and in awe of him

shulgin
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Post by shulgin » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 am

Trafford 6 - Couple of good saves, getting better
Vitinho 6 - lost at times but still willing
O'Shea 3 -dreadful, ponderous player. When we play out from the back everything slows down. However, I think he will be a good defender next season, thinking of the championship
Beyer 6 - steady and some decent Beckenbauer moments
Delcroix 6 - cheap defender who tries but not up to speed
Bruun Larsen 5 - Got behind a few times early on and did little else
Berge 7 - best player who carried the ball well and held up, not helped by a largely poor team
Brownhill 5 - Captain??? Want to see some actual leadership
Odobert 6 - Hot and cold
Amdouni 4 - A player there, albeit a luxury one. One good shot but anonymous in this team and has been all season.
Rodriguez 5 - No service and in the pockets of defenders

Foster 6 - Great to see him back but understandably rusty. Surprised to see him involved at all and I hope the management team have done the right thing by him.
Al Dakhil 5 - Giving me nerves at this level and looks **** scared himself

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 am

One question , how many of our team today would get into any other Premier team ?

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:06 am

Trafford 4
Vitinho 5
O’Shea 5
Beyer 5
Delcroix 4
JBL 5
Berge 6
Brownhill 4
Odobert 6
Rodriguez 4
Amdouni 3

Foster 5

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:23 am

expoultryboy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 am
One question , how many of our team today would get into any other Premier team ?
Maybe Berge, if they had a few injuries

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:25 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:59 pm
In fairness to Delcroix, he’s a centre back, not a left back. **** knows why we didn’t start with Roberts at right back and Vitinho left back.

He’s being hung out to dry like Al-Dakhil was when we stupidly decided to try him at right back.
Totally agree - not to mention he hasn't been as bad as some on here are suggesting. Odobert is young and tried but made it hard on Delcroix losing the ball multiple times on the half way line.

When Delcroix played LCB for a half earlier in the season he was fine.

I want to see Muric, Ekdal and Beyer play to see if they can form a partnerhsip like they had last season for a stretch but if not I wouldn't be averse to playing Delcroix LCB because Beyer has been extremely underwhelming this season.

taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:14 am

Trafford 4
Vitinho 4
O’Shea 3 awful
Beyer 5
Delcroix 3 awful
JBL 4
Berge 6
Brownhill 4
Odobert 6
Rodriguez 4
Amdouni 3 awful

Foster 5
Al Dakhil 5

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:23 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Very hard to understand criticising other people's ratings when you haven't done them yourself.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:40 am

Trafford 4 - Big errors which lead to goals. Poor
Vitinho 5 - Best of the back 4, which is worrying
Beyer 4 - Poor
O’Shea 3 - Shouldn't be near the team
Delcroix 4 - Out of position probably, but still poor
Bruun Larsen 4 - Tried but his deliveries were hopeless
Berge 6 - Ok
Brownhill 3 - Dreadful. Not like him
Odobert 5 - First 20 mins or so his first touch and ball retention were abysmal. Kept going, got better
Amdouni 4 - Passenger
Rodriguez 3 - Shouldn't be near the team

Foster 5 - Delighted he's back
Al-Dakhil 4

What happened to Ekdal?
Do we ever work on corners in training?
Why at 2-0 down did we change the LB for a CB?
Why at 2-0 down did we give Benson 8 minutes and Tresor/Redmond 3 minutes?

Just an all round car crash of a performance.

If we don't get anything at Fulham we'll be stuck on 8 points until mid-January at the earliest.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:48 am

Trafford 3 - where have all them mugs gone from last week saying he’d turned a corner cause he had one good game? Persisting with this keeper is a huge factor in why we are going to get relegated
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 3
Beyer 4
Delacroix 4
Brun Larsen 5
Brownhill 4
Berge 5
Odebert 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 3

Foster 4

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1575 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:51 am

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:48 am
Trafford 3 - where have all them mugs gone from last week saying he’d turned a corner cause he had one good game? Persisting with this keeper is a huge factor in why we are going to get relegated
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 3
Beyer 4
Delacroix 4
Brun Larsen 5
Brownhill 4
Berge 5
Odebert 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 3

Foster 4
We could have Ederson in goal. We are still getting relegated

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:59 am

Embarrassment 10

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:51 am
We could have Ederson in goal. We are still getting relegated
Ederson can catch a ball.

Luppy
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Luppy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:31 am

Shocking performance.

Said it before, we have a set piece coach apparently 😂😂 What do they do all week? On what planet do we plan things defensively and have Brownhill, Vitinho and Amdouni picking up their 3 biggest players? At the other end of the pitch, said it after Wolves game, we may as well just kick it out for a throw in. Shambolic doesn’t come near

Trafford - 6 - yes - he should do better with 1st goal, but he’s getting no help at all. Brownhill marking Onana - I mean come on ffs

Vitinho - 6 - stuck at it
O’Shea - 5 -feel sorry for him - see below. Not good enough but the effort can’t be faulted
Beyer - 6 - defensively fine. It’s ok slating the centre backs for the slow distribution, but to be fair to both of them, there is absolutely no movement in front of them. It’s a shambles
Delcroix - 3 - the only positive is that he didn’t cost us a huge amount of money! Slow, one footed, weak. Garbage

HBL - 4 - good opportunities , but end product absolutely appalling
Brownhill - 3 - as bad a game as I’ve seen him have
Berge - 5 - swamped in middle of park
Odabert - 6* - at least showed for the ball and kept going

Amdouni - 4 - we could do with paying him enough to get some studs in his boots. Has the odd good moment but generally anonymous
Jay - 4 - boxed in by 4 giants - wasting his time

Foster - 5 - good to have him back
Al-Dakhil- 5 - solid enough

Worried about next season. This side is nowhere near the team that came up. Not sure how we offload some of the lightweights we’ve signed for ridiculous money

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:06 am

Luppy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:31 am
Worried about next season. This side is nowhere near the team that came up. Not sure how we offload some of the lightweights we’ve signed for ridiculous money
Genuine question, if the team is ‘nowhere near the team that came up’ (this statement suggests a serious gap in quality), what’s your opinion on beating the 2nd best team in the league we came up from 5-0, and the 3rd best team in the league we came up from 2-1 away from home?

Second question, why do we need to offload players?

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:08 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:06 am
Genuine question, if the team is ‘nowhere near the team that came up’ (this statement suggests a serious gap in quality), what’s your opinion on beating the 2nd best team in the league we came up from 5-0, and the 3rd best team in the league we came up from 2-1 away from home?

I mean, we signed their 2nd best player and they sold their best one two weeks/one week before the season started.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:08 am

Murger wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 am
Ederson can catch a ball.
Doesn’t really matter when your goal is being peppered

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:10 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:08 am
I mean, we signed their 2nd best player and they sold their best one two weeks/one week before the season started.
They also signed one of the best strikers in the Champ last season and probably the best midfielder.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:10 am

RVclaret wrote:

The Sheffield team lost to get there manager sacked and let’s be honest Luton should have beaten us.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:13 am

RVclaret wrote:

If we go down, we will certainly need to offload some players and we will do. There is imbalance in our squad and others will need replacing. We will also need to for financial reasons.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:10 am
The Sheffield team lost to get there manager sacked and let’s be honest Luton should have beaten us.
I think that’s a bit of a stretch on both fronts.
This user liked this post: Jakubs Tash

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am

“This team will be top 10 in the Prem”

“This team will click once it’s played the winnable games”

“This team will easily walk the Championship”

And this time next year, you can guarantee goal posts will have been moved again to “This team just needs another year in the Championship”.

Broken clocks.
Last edited by ksrclaret on Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:10 am
They also signed one of the best strikers in the Champ last season and probably the best midfielder.
So spun their wheels at best whilst we 'improved' with a whopping spend to be sat on the same number of points?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:16 am

taio wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:13 am
If we go down, we will certainly need to offload some players and we will do. There is imbalance in our squad and others will need replacing. We will also need to for financial reasons.
Sure a few will leave, thats expected, but in my opinion we will retain a large main core and won’t be under as much pressure to sell as last time. But I will note that’s dependant on who is manager. Most of these players are only at Burnley because of Kompany.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by bumba » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:17 am

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:48 am
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 3
Beyer 4
Delacroix 4
Brun Larsen 5
Brownhill 4
Berge 5
Odebert 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 3

Foster 4
Good game last week for Trafford is a bit generous, it was a good 45 minutes

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:18 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am
“This team will be top 10 in the Prem”

“This team will click once it’s played the winnable games”

“This team will easily walk the Championship”

And this time next year, you can guarantee goal posts will have been moved again to “This team just needs another year in the Championship”.

Broken clocks.
I recall only a very small minority on here saying those things to be fair. In particular most people recognised that this season would be very tough and 17th was the target.

MDWat
Been Liked: 879 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:19 am

This side would do more than fine next season. For starters, Roberts is fine at right back in the Champ and we’re clearly prioritising signing a left back. Beyer is proven in the Championship and I don’t think anyone had any issues with Ekdal. Midfield trio are all proven in the Championship and we’ve numerous wingers that are too.

There is a significant different in quality between the Prem and the Champ. Our players are young with potential and will get better.

I think we’d be in quite a unique position of most players staying and that can only be a positive.

Lots of hyperbole on this thread from the usual suspects.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 am

MDWat wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:19 am
This side would do more than fine next season. For starters, Roberts is fine at right back in the Champ and we’re clearly prioritising signing a left back. Beyer is proven in the Championship and I don’t think anyone had any issues with Ekdal. Midfield trio are all proven in the Championship and we’ve numerous wingers that are too.

There is a significant different in quality between the Prem and the Champ. Our players are young with potential and will get better.

I think we’d be in quite a unique position of most players staying and that can only be a positive.

Lots of hyperbole on this thread from the usual suspects.
Fully agree with everything said here.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:21 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:16 am
Sure a few will leave, thats expected, but in my opinion we will retain a large main core and won’t be under as much pressure to sell as last time. But I will note that’s dependant on who is manager. Most of these players are only at Burnley because of Kompany.
So we'll offload some players. I've no idea if we'd be under less pressure to sell players. Find that hard to believe but I hope you're right if it happens.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:30 am

taio wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:18 am
I recall only a very small minority on here saying those things to be fair. In particular most people recognised that this season would be very tough and 17th was the target.
Only a minority said the top one, but far more have repeated the bottom two statements.

I accept the difference in quality between the two leagues, but I remain surprised at the number of people who are seemingly so confident that we’re more likely to achieve another promotion than not. Football is far more complex than having decent players, the confidence and feeling around the place following on from this disastrous season will be markedly different to when VK first took over.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 311 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 am

The problem is nearly all the players that started yesterday, even with another season in the championship will still not be good enough for the Premier League, the defensive players in particular because they don’t have the physicality.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:36 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:30 am
Only a minority said the top one, but far more have repeated the bottom two statements.

I accept the difference in quality between the two leagues, but I remain surprised at the number of people who are seemingly so confident that we’re more likely to achieve another promotion than not. Football is far more complex than having decent players, the confidence and feeling around the place following on from this disastrous season will be markedly different to when VK first took over.
I don't think it's controversial really to feel that if we get relegated it's more likely than not we'll go back up. We should certainly be front-runners and it would be a failure if we weren't. Of course we've no idea what next summer will look like though.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 2923 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:36 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Think it's worth watching that Beyer run back mate, he played a good ball to Jay, who completely fluffed it. Can't put that one on Beyer.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:42 am

taio wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:36 am
I don't think it's controversial really to feel that if we get relegated it's more likely than not we'll go back up. We should certainly be front-runners and it would be a failure if we weren't. Of course we've no idea what next summer will look like though.
Yes we'll certainly be front-runners before a ball is kicked. I just feel, certainly if we carry on losing in the manner we have done far this season, that the job of repairing the confidence and feeling around the club is being under-estimated at the moment, even allowing for us facing weaker opposition each week.

We don't know what next summer will look like, you're right, and a lot could change between now and then.
Last edited by ksrclaret on Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.