Everton fans in home end

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1624 times

Re: Everton fans in home end

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:11 am

I wonder if they've replied in person to all the complaints that were sent in as invited. I know of someone who won't be taking their children on Boxing Day because they are too scared to go again at the moment. Hopefully that isn't permanent and we haven't lost a couple of future Clarets...

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:14 am

There are potentially good reasons why they are holding back on revealing specific steps given this is ultimately aimed at away supporters.
This user liked this post: Nori1958

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:21 am

So now we all know where away fans sit with the home fans, I suppose Burnley fans itching for a punch up will be buying tickets in that area ?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:23 am

I find this all befuddling.

We have segregation in this country for better or worse, and a tribal culture.

Now we find out the fairly wealthy aren’t kept segregated at all, just the proles, to use a bit of Orwell sarcasm.

But the risks remain there, as seen last week. In the main stands we may let our kids run down to the loo etc, because it is a safe and quiet area. Now that new sports bar is built that feels too risky to do if away fans in those volumes are unsegregated and free to use those same facilities.

I had naively felt in football that there had always been a separation of corporate and non corporate seating. This has continued the trend in recent years of non corporate seating areas being pinched and turned into corporate, squeezing out fans who have sat there for years. I can see this getting very acrimonious if it continues in this way.

Rodleydave
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rodleydave » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:00 pm

I have emailed Pace, Ball, Ramsdale and Williams.
And have asked how many Liverpool fans have bought the corporate package in the Jimmy Mac.
A reply... I won't put money on.
If they can give a number and still propose to put them in the JHU then that is bad enough.
If they don't know how many... that is even worse.
This user liked this post: Claret Till I Die

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:23 am
I find this all befuddling.

We have segregation in this country for better or worse, and a tribal culture.

Now we find out the fairly wealthy aren’t kept segregated at all, just the proles, to use a bit of Orwell sarcasm.

But the risks remain there, as seen last week. In the main stands we may let our kids run down to the loo etc, because it is a safe and quiet area. Now that new sports bar is built that feels too risky to do if away fans in those volumes are unsegregated and free to use those same facilities.

I had naively felt in football that there had always been a separation of corporate and non corporate seating. This has continued the trend in recent years of non corporate seating areas being pinched and turned into corporate, squeezing out fans who have sat there for years. I can see this getting very acrimonious if it continues in this way.
There has never been segregation as such in hospitality. Many companies pay for boxes or packages which allow them to invite clients to, mainly from the opposition fanbase of whichever team is playing
The difference with the Burnley model is that anyone can buy a ticket for 1 game, and then sit in home areas
This worked ok until Saturday

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm

I very much doubt they ask which club you support when you buy the tickets.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm
There has never been segregation as such in hospitality. Many companies pay for boxes or packages which allow them to invite clients to, mainly from the opposition fanbase of whichever team is playing
The difference with the Burnley model is that anyone can buy a ticket for 1 game, and then sit in home areas
No one really is complaining about mixed hospitality.

We're complaining about unchecked hospitality with seating in what should be the home end on the terraces. Very different.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:14 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:10 pm
No one really is complaining about mixed hospitality.

We're complaining about unchecked hospitality with seating in what should be the home end on the terraces. Very different.
Is that not what I've just said?
Read the post ( and others) not just the username before jumping in

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:15 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:14 pm
Is that not what I've just said?
Read the post ( and others) not just the username before jumping in
Yes - I'm just saying no one is complaining about mixed hospitality - the 'it worked ok until Saturday' means nothing, It was stupid to even do in the first place.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:55 am

https://twitter.com/JamesWortho__/statu ... UBfBQ&s=19

Could be worse, Liverpool have 2500 tickets available on a tout website.

Do American owners think this is acceptable?

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:34 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:55 am
https://twitter.com/JamesWortho__/statu ... UBfBQ&s=19

Could be worse, Liverpool have 2500 tickets available on a tout website.

Do American owners think this is acceptable?
Thought about that the other day when Klopp was moaning about the lack of atmosphere at Anfield. Can't have it both ways unfortunately, if you want a ground full of tourists wearing 50/50 scarves and taking selfies then you can't complain when the atmosphere suffers. Same with us to a lesser extent.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:36 am

Modern day premier league football 💩

Sanitised, Var infused, tippy tap shite
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:49 pm

Response from the club re: steps taken following issues v Everton:

We appreciate your comments and want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to increase the safety and responsiveness to our supporters and to avoid further incidents.

The results of our detailed inquiry revealed several areas of needed improvement. As a result, we have immediately strengthened our processes, including the following:
We have increased the checks in our ticketing process to try and ensure that any away fan purchasing hospitality are seated in the appropriate areas.
We are increasing the number of stewards in sensitive areas and enhancing staffing education in all areas of the stadium.
We are increasing the presence of experienced stewards and hosts in our hospitality areas.
We are taking a more proactive security and screening approach in all areas for away fans.
We are relocating supporters where appropriate and necessary for a safer experience.

Our supporters are the most important part of this football club, and we commit to giving you a safe and enjoyable experience. We believe the steps we are taking will make Turf Moor a safer and more welcoming environment for all, we are committed to heightened vigilance and swift responsiveness in the event any adverse situation arises.

We are confident that our efforts and the cooperation of our supporters will make Turf Moor the safe and enjoyable fan experience it is meant to be.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:26 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:09 pm
Because these Burnley corporate seats aren’t going to corporate people. They are going to gangs of chavs who have a few quid to spare.

Stevie wonder could see this happening.

I just hope the fall out from the Everton game doesn’t see any Burnley fans punished. These supporters sit up there in a segregated area and should never have been put in the position they were last week. There really should have been nothing for them to react to. Hate to think there are clarets at risk of losing their ST’s because of this.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:30 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:26 pm
Because these Burnley corporate seats aren’t going to corporate people. They are going to gangs of chavs who have a few quid to spare.

Stevie wonder could see this happening.

I just hope the fall out from the Everton game doesn’t see any Burnley fans punished. These supporters sit up there in a segregated area and should never have been put in the position they were last week. There really should have been nothing for them to react to. Hate to think there are clarets at risk of losing their ST’s because of this.
That's why I said that anyone can buy them

Hopefully it's been sorted

bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:33 pm

Ightenhill_Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:49 pm
Response from the club re: steps taken following issues v Everton:

We appreciate your comments and want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to increase the safety and responsiveness to our supporters and to avoid further incidents.

The results of our detailed inquiry revealed several areas of needed improvement. As a result, we have immediately strengthened our processes, including the following:
We have increased the checks in our ticketing process to try and ensure that any away fan purchasing hospitality are seated in the appropriate areas.
We are increasing the number of stewards in sensitive areas and enhancing staffing education in all areas of the stadium.
We are increasing the presence of experienced stewards and hosts in our hospitality areas.
We are taking a more proactive security and screening approach in all areas for away fans.
We are relocating supporters where appropriate and necessary for a safer experience.

Our supporters are the most important part of this football club, and we commit to giving you a safe and enjoyable experience. We believe the steps we are taking will make Turf Moor a safer and more welcoming environment for all, we are committed to heightened vigilance and swift responsiveness in the event any adverse situation arises.

We are confident that our efforts and the cooperation of our supporters will make Turf Moor the safe and enjoyable fan experience it is meant to be.

What’s a sensitive area?
I’d suggest a sensitive area is ANY area in the home ends where BFC have decided to sell tickets to away fans.

And how do they plan to manage future issues? (of which there will be a few)
By putting more stewards in there to manage it, and they will be extra vigilant and with quicker responsiveness as opposed to the club making sure it CAN’T happen again.

Wow. I’m reassured. Thanks Burnley.

Weapons grade buffoonery….

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:35 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:30 pm
That's why I said that anyone can buy them

Hopefully it's been sorted
https://burnleyfchospitality.seatunique ... S40Ny4wLjA.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:12 pm

Interesting that site.

So the JHU seats cost £25 less than the padded JML seats and the former now say home fans only. Albeit for the Bournemouth game, not before presumably?

Can’t believe the prices on these packages on a value for money basis. But that is a whole different issue.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:16 pm

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... ember-2023

Unclear if this means that Liverpool fans will be located in the JHU?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:25 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:12 pm
Interesting that site.

So the JHU seats cost £25 less than the padded JML seats and the former now say home fans only. Albeit for the Bournemouth game, not before presumably?

Can’t believe the prices on these packages on a value for money basis. But that is a whole different issue.
We’ve said the same, especially if already a STH and there’s a group of you.

We looked into doing it as a birthday treat but as existing STH it’s not worth it.

If they did just the hospitality without the seat ticket at a reasonable price we may have considered it

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:41 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:16 pm

This is the issue to me- that certain seats in the JHU may be allocated as 'Hospitality Areas'.

So it's not their fault for doing this, it's our fault for misbehaving.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:01 pm

The big question is whether they are regarding the blocks of seats taken by Everton fans are being regarded as general admission seat's or seat's that are allocated to hospitality by the club, which seems to have been the case against Everton. It seems their accepting away fans in the Jimmy mac hospitality lounge and seating them in an allocated area in the jhu because there's not enough seats in the outside area of the Jimmy mac, in other word's they've created an overflow in to generate extra revenue from hospitality. Point is, it's going to be the same problems on boxing day as I see it.

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:01 am

Leisure wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:16 pm

Basically says both.
Wtf.
Why is this so difficult to communicate.?

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 330 times
Has Liked: 254 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:07 am

In the past, we have been corporate hospitality at both Reading FC and Blackpool FC, both times our seats to watch the game were allocated with the home fans. There wasn’t an issue at either ground but I guess a lot depends on the people who are mixing.
This user liked this post: Bob Lorder

Rodleydave

Post by Rodleydave » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:50 am

I contacted Pace and Ball and the reply came from the SLO whoever that is.
Described in detail the truly frightening Everton mayhem which was just a few rows behind us.
Informed them of the number of home supporters who took shelter in the concourse...
where in fact it continued.
Told them of the number of people sheltering in the ladies loo.
Pointed out that having seen how many Everton fans were dragged down the steep steps kicking and fighting it was a miracle there were no serious injuries.
That this was a situation created by the club and therefore should injuries occur to either away or home supporters, then a legal case could face the club for creating this situation in the first place.
Asked them did they have any idea how many Liverpool fans would be in the Upper JH blocks 8 and 9.
This they could not answer... on the grounds that as colours were banned they could not identify them.
After a few lines of bland re-assurances but basically no idea how many Liverpool fans they were selling corporate tickets to with JHU tickets,
the last line said that they would understand if I stopped attending future games.
In other words if you don't like it... you can lump it.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:04 am

Not a day to get mad but "the last line said that they would understand if I stopped attending future games"

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:16 am

It’ll just be a repeat of the same thing against Liverpool

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:48 am

Rodleydave wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:50 am

the last line said that they would understand if I stopped attending future games.
In other words if you don't like it... you can lump it.
Probably so the can sell your seat to an away supporter in hospitality.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 am

I’d understand it if they stopped buggering about with our Football Club

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 am

My brother bought a corporate package for the jimmy mac for 9 of us tomorrow. The club phoned him and asked a lot of questions about where he grew up, his first game, who else is coming etc. It sounded like a thorough investigation!

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:03 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if football is better without fans. Maybe there should be a type theory test that you need to pass before purchasing tickets.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm

Perhaps someone has to be seriously injured or worse for the Club to actually do something that minimises problems.

Even then they probably wouldn't bother.

Rodleydave

Post by Rodleydave » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:23 am

Good point Castro. From the injury angle you couldn't put them in a worse place than right at the top of the Upper JH.
Several were forcibly dragged down the steps from top to bottom.
A few home fans sitting in the end seats gave them an extra thwack.
The last one to be dragged out was given an extra kick up the a%£! by a tiny little old chap, must have been 80 if he was a day,
who quietly left his seat, administered the kick, smiled and then quietly returned to his seat. Job done.
His victim then hurtled down the last steps and disappeared from view.
A fractured skull might just result in a rethink.
Perhaps these people don't do risk assessments.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:22 am

Rodleydave wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:23 am
Good point Castro. From the injury angle you couldn't put them in a worse place than right at the top of the Upper JH.
Several were forcibly dragged down the steps from top to bottom.
A few home fans sitting in the end seats gave them an extra thwack.
The last one to be dragged out was given an extra kick up the a%£! by a tiny little old chap, must have been 80 if he was a day,
who quietly left his seat, administered the kick, smiled and then quietly returned to his seat. Job done.
His victim then hurtled down the last steps and disappeared from view.
A fractured skull might just result in a rethink.
Perhaps these people don't do risk assessments.
Did the 80 year old then get into his tardis?

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:22 am

It's not as if Liverpool fans have any previous, is it ?

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:05 am

Reading the official messages it is starting to feel like its going to become away fans in the lovely padded seats with easy access back to the Lounge whereas home fans get the naff seats in the back corner of the JHU, with stewarded escort back to the Lounge at HT, for £20 cheaper.

Doesn’t feel fair access to the new sports bar lounge if that becomes the norm. It’s a shame, I would have much preferred home fans only for such a “junior hospitality” sports bar style area, with more accessible pricing in recognition of the total shambles the club and Levy have made to the concourse facilities most of us have access to. Allow away fans from the big cities who have huge tourist fan numbers and supply / demand will always mean a big premium price.

A season ticket “upgrade” to that area (better food, worse seat, in most cases) shouldn’t be priced at more than £30, because they’ll also be flogging our normal seat at pumped up prices so make a killing that way too with almost £100 extra.

So I can’t shake off that feeling it is like Scrooge at Christmas.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:10 am

Looking forward to this, come on you Clarets!

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:13 am

I think reading the official messages it feels like they are saying yes we've sold tickets in the home stands to Liverpool fans and you had better not be nasty to them.

Expect more problems today, the "official investigation" to become more serious and nothing to happen cos we won't have this problem next season when away teams only bring 500 fans.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:39 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:13 am
I think reading the official messages it feels like they are saying yes we've sold tickets in the home stands to Liverpool fans and you had better not be nasty to them.

Expect more problems today, the "official investigation" to become more serious and nothing to happen cos we won't have this problem next season when away teams only bring 500 fans.
This is the real worry -

Can’t start alienating Clarets by appearing to care more about a hospitality seat in the Premier League because if we are to go down we aren’t getting the same demand for tickets and you’ve just ****** off a lot of needed BFC fans…

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:41 am

Eloise Laws wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:07 am
In the past, we have been corporate hospitality at both Reading FC and Blackpool FC, both times our seats to watch the game were allocated with the home fans. There wasn’t an issue at either ground but I guess a lot depends on the people who are mixing.
What, sat in a legit home end on a row that is accessible to anyone? Like not even slightly gated off?

I’ve done hospitality at a few stadiums where your seat is in the ‘home end’ but it’s still in a gated off section - the tickets also weren’t up for sale on a third party vender either I was a guest of someone - very different.

The club has let people down here massively, imo.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:20 am

I think Mr Pace should be more direct in his messaging around this and straight up say that and Burnley supporter with tickets in the JHU stand who can't watch the game in harmony with opposing fans should stay at home and not go on and cause trouble like they did against Everton.

In this day and age it shouldn't be an issue for a group of away hospitality fans to be place within a home stand but unfortunately we still have a bad element of fans who will happily cause trouble and attack other fans.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:25 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:20 am
I think Mr Pace should be more direct in his messaging around this and straight up say that and Burnley supporter with tickets in the JHU stand who can't watch the game in harmony with opposing fans should stay at home and not go on and cause trouble like they did against Everton.

In this day and age it shouldn't be an issue for a group of away hospitality fans to be place within a home stand but unfortunately we still have a bad element of fans who will happily cause trouble and attack other fans.
Give it a rest!

Mark the Claret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Mark the Claret » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:26 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:

You always put the blame on Burnley fans,
I doubt there are many hooligans in the JHU, but maybe the opposing fans were the instigators of the trouble, a lot of hospitality goers end up ****** because they've been drinking all day.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:31 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:

When you refer to 'we', I didn't think Leeds fans were involved!
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Accrington claret Buxtonclaret

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 330 times
Has Liked: 254 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:23 pm

What, sat in a legit home end on a row that is accessible to anyone? Like not even slightly gated off?
At Blackpool yes! Sat on a row with Blackpool fans (who were in corporate) the Blackpool chap sat next to us goaded us with every goal they scored - they beat us 4-0. It was a very uncomfortable experience

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:18 pm

Were there any issues today?

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:02 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:18 pm
Were there any issues today?
Was in Park View after game and over heard some people mentioning some ruckus in the JHU with Liverpool fans.

I was in the BL stand (but not in my normal seat) and was sat next to 3 guys who were obviously Liverpool fans but were very discreet and no bother at all.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:17 pm

There was a Liverpool fan sat behind us in the JMU with no issues at all

In fact I wouldn’t have even realised he was a Liverpool fan until he was speaking to somebody else saying “you didn’t deserve to lose 2-0”

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:13 pm

https://twitter.com/JollyLifts/status/1 ... ckqSQ&s=19

On the thread mentions of full blocks being bought for Liverpool fans off sponsors.