Wrong place wrong time

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Ptangyangkipperbang
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Wrong place wrong time

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:24 pm

For the last 12 months my family has been through a living hell.After trying to be helpful and a good Samaritan what unfolded was a year full of stress worry and uncertainty and an accusation nobody would want against them.I really can't put the full facts down and if I did you would think it was far fetched fantasy.What i will say the legal system has seemed a complete farce and with total ineptness lies and withheld information.Finally the truth has come through in the end and a good characters name has been restored god news to what cost to the tax payer.I may add we are not expecting an apology any time soon even though the authorities were quick to condemn the person in the first place.We all consider ourselves as law abiding citizens but i for one will never trust the law ever again.I will state again if what has happened to us was a drama on TV you would mock that it was far fetched rubbish

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Re: Wrong place wrong time

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:26 pm

Think you’ll have to give us a bit more than that.
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret Carlos the Great

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:27 pm

I wish I could maybe in time

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:29 pm

Ptangyangkipperbang wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:27 pm
I wish I could maybe in time
Pointless post in that case, but if it makes you feel better then ok

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2568 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:29 pm

Not sure what to say here other than I can totally believe that the legal system in this county is in the toilet. It’s only as good as the people working within it, but I’m afraid I’ve heard too many stories in the last few years of it falling well short.

I hope you and your family have a better year in 2024.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:31 pm

Frankly with the state of the legal system you're lucky it only took 12 months.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:32 pm

IMG_1403.jpeg
IMG_1403.jpeg (206.4 KiB) Viewed 5341 times

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:29 pm
Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.You have no idea what we have been through and believe me I want to shout from the rooftops about our situation but I've got to be careful what I say.If the mods want to delete please do

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:24 pm
For the last 12 months my family has been through a living hell.After trying to be helpful and a good Samaritan what unfolded was a year full of stress worry and uncertainty and an accusation nobody would want against them.I really can't put the full facts down and if I did you would think it was far fetched fantasy.What i will say the legal system has seemed a complete farce and with total ineptness lies and withheld information.Finally the truth has come through in the end and a good characters name has been restored god news to what cost to the tax payer.I may add we are not expecting an apology any time soon even though the authorities were quick to condemn the person in the first place.We all consider ourselves as law abiding citizens but i for one will never trust the law ever again.I will state again if what has happened to us was a drama on TV you would mock that it was far fetched rubbish

One of my good friends has had his name cleared this week after 12 months following an accusation whilst trying to be a Good Samaritan. They even went as far as to post his name and address on social media whilst having a young family at the address. Anyway I’m glad it’s over for you.

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:32 pm
IMG_1403.jpeg
Dick
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 pm
One of my good friends has had his name cleared this week after 12 months following an accusation whilst trying to be a Good Samaritan. They even went as far as to post his name and address on social media whilst having a young family at the address. Anyway I’m glad it’s over for you.
Same person think you can appreciate what we have been through

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm

Like I said, if it makes you feel better ok... But nobody can join in the debate... But glad you're on the other side now

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:38 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm
Like I said, if it makes you feel better ok... But nobody can join in the debate... But glad you're on the other side now
Honestly I was just trying to make a point of how much of a farce and inept the legal system is.I really wish I could get all the facts down it would go on for pages

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:41 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:38 pm
Honestly I was just trying to make a point of how much of a farce and inept the legal system is.I really wish I could get all the facts down it would go on for pages
Without any details you can’t make that point though unfortunately.

Hopefully the next 12 months are more positive for you

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:52 pm

deanothedino wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:41 pm
Without any details you can’t make that point though unfortunately.

Hopefully the next 12 months are more positive for you
I wish I hadn't have put it on I know all what's gone on let's just say certain people have lied and fabricated statements.And tried to withhold important information and believe me hid behind a despicable excuse .Then throw in some one not of a right mind keep crying wolf

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:53 pm

I know all about the legal system & how inept it is, by & large & for all intent & purposes it’s dictated & crucially decided upon by money first & foremost with the truth & facts bearing little relevance to the overall outcome. Glad you’ve finally got there with some sort of a closure with whatever difficulties you were facing.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:55 pm

Dick
I’m Just being playful. I hope you can move on from whatever has happened, and you can go into more details when the time is right and share it with us.

Never put your full trust in the authorities, though. It doesn’t matter if you are a law-adding citizens. Whatever happened could've happened to anyone at any time - and you don’t think it ever will happen to you.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: Ptangyangkipperbang

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:56 pm

The legal system is massive though, police, courts, solicitors, CPS, magistrates, judges etc etc.... Without knowing which bit it's hard to comment other than I would disagree the whole system is inept... Individual mistakes certainly, some corrupt individuals as well, but also thousands of good people doing their honest best.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:00 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
AP?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 5066 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:01 pm

I'm glad it's over for you, whatever it was.

Remaining strong through any ordeal is hard, but real friends are on your side come what may, and who gives a **** what strangers think.

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:02 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:56 pm
The legal system is massive though, police, courts, solicitors, CPS, magistrates, judges etc etc.... Without knowing which bit it's hard to comment other than I would disagree the whole system is inept... Individual mistakes certainly, some corrupt individuals as well, but also thousands of good people doing their honest best.
What has happened has been nothing short of a disgrace.And it seemed it was a numbers game they even tried to ask for a guilty plea to a lesser charge right at the very end knowing there was absolutely nothing to charge them with.People talk about mental health issues what we have endured all of ours as took a massive toll

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:04 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:02 pm
What has happened has been nothing short of a disgrace.And it seemed it was a numbers game they even tried to ask for a guilty plea to a lesser charge right at the very end knowing there was absolutely nothing to charge them with.People talk about mental health issues what we have endured all of ours as took a massive toll
Never agree to any sort of plea if you are innocent

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 216 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:34 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:04 pm
Never agree to any sort of plea if you are innocent
Easy to say until you're put in the position of having to seriously consider it as the least worse option for you. And yes,I'm talking from personal experience.
This user liked this post: Rowls

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:43 pm

Were you walking home after a night out?

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:48 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:34 pm
Easy to say until you're put in the position of having to seriously consider it as the least worse option for you. And yes,I'm talking from personal experience.
They tried it twice first appearance in court asked for a guilty plea with no jail time with their solicitor accepting that plea which to us told it's own story.The charge if found guilty would have been up to 7 yearAlthough I can understand people accepting lesser charges but it was a not guilty plea all the way for us

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:53 pm

Not related to the Post Office fiasco is it ?

Whatever it was, I'm pleased for you and yours that it's finally come to a close.
Best wishes for the future, onwards and upwards.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:08 pm

My family have known this person all their life, the individual is a credit to his family and society, one of those rare people who nobody has a bad word to say about them, you really would welcome this person as a friend or into your family.
We were collectively shocked,disgusted and dismayed at the appalling treatment the person endured, there are such things as flimsy evidence and no evidence; the latter applies. I've always supported and backed the police however after this my faith in certain ones in the force has gone. Some retired officers I know would have seen right through it straight away,alas common sense and the ability to use logic is no longer a prerequisite in the modern force.
The person can walk with their head held high,those of us who know them never doubted them, what they went through would have broken a lesser person and family.
We hope they get their career back on track,and remain the same person everybody speaks so highly of.
These 5 users liked this post: Ptangyangkipperbang Lip Rowls Bosscat St Austell Claret

Mixedkompany
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Mixedkompany » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:20 pm

I can understand your feelings albeit without any details. Which is probably the way you should leave it.
You only have to look at the farce at the Post Office atm before you put any faith in our legal system.
I was involved on a corporate level with an employment tribunal a few years ago.
We took it on because we knew the employee was lying and suspected they would walk away when things ramped up.
They asked for 25k and we felt it was ridiculous and immoral. So,mistakenly as a matter of principle we went ahead with a tribunal.
How wrong we were. From the minute we were introduced to the three ‘judges’ on Day 1 I knew we were going to lose. The facts didn’t come into it. Every time we started to make headway the employee either burst into tears, asked for a break or had a panic attack. The judge then simply suggested that our line of questioning was causing distress and was to be disregarded. So,most of our major points were simply ignored. I can’t set out the full detail but it was really about someone who became unwell (allegedly ) then wanted to work from home. Despite the fact that their role was meeting & greeting visitors. You might see how we felt aggrieved. Yet all the judges wanted to do was demonstrate that we were being unreasonable. So, we lost…….badly. People who knew about the case just couldn’t believe it. My initial thoughts were that the case was so absurd it would be thrown out, long before a tribunal.
I can certainly relate to injustice and how the system was set up in favour of one party.

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:08 pm
My family have known this person all their life, the individual is a credit to his family and society, one of those rare people who nobody has a bad word to say about them, you really would welcome this person as a friend or into your family.
We were collectively shocked,disgusted and dismayed at the appalling treatment the person endured, there are such things as flimsy evidence and no evidence; the latter applies. I've always supported and backed the police however after this my faith in certain ones in the force has gone. Some retired officers I know would have seen right through it straight away,alas common sense and the ability to use logic is no longer a prerequisite in the modern force.
The person can walk with their head held high,those of us who know them never doubted them, what they went through would have broken a lesser person and family.
We hope they get their career back on track,and remain the same person everybody speaks so highly of.
Thank you for your kind words I know you at least can appreciate what I can't say as much as I would like to

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:35 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:21 pm
Thank you for your kind words I know you at least can appreciate what I can't say as much as I would like to
Allow him to put it down in his words for you.

No come back on you then it's merely "someone's opinion" or "a made up scenario" 😉

claret3561
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by claret3561 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 pm

I think anyone found guilty, is guilty because judges believe everything the police tell them , and the police obviously aren't corrupt and don't tell lies hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

Gunfury
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Gunfury » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:55 pm

It didn’t help when the police decided to put it on fb with no evidence at all and people will automatically believe that but it was good to see all those that knew the person call it out for what it was,complete boll**ks…I’m glad it’s all been sorted now and you can all carry on with your lives

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:57 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 pm
I think anyone found guilty, is guilty because judges believe everything the police tell them , and the police obviously aren't corrupt and don't tell lies hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha
Judges are crown court, where the decision on guilty or not is down to the jury
Civil cases are different, but don't normally involve the police

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:05 pm

Gunfury wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:55 pm
It didn’t help when the police decided to put it on fb with no evidence at all and people will automatically believe that but it was good to see all those that knew the person call it out for what it was,complete boll**ks…I’m glad it’s all been sorted now and you can all carry on with your lives
And even misleading people the way they went about that as though they actually solved it to arrest them.I even fell out with mates when they were named on FB with guilty as charged jibes even having a heated argument in the street with one

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:08 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:05 pm
And even misleading people the way they went about that as though they actually solved it to arrest them.I even fell out with mates when they were named on FB with guilty as charged jibes even having a heated argument in the street with one
Keep strong , I’ve been through a similar situation

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:14 pm

There's not many things worse than being falsely accused of a terrible crime. Thank goodness in the end justice has been true, though you don't get those 12 months of stress and pain back. The police spend far too much time focusing on finding someone to arrest and charge, rather than establishing the truth.

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 287 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:38 pm

This seems to ring a bell, as some on here already know, false allegations can destroy your life, i should know, had to spend seven & a half months living in my car accused of something I did NOT do, it was tough, & suicide comes to the fore...................enough said.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:20 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm
Same person think you can appreciate what we have been through
Absolutely. I’ve grown up with this individual and I was so happy when he broke the news this week.

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:45 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:20 pm
Absolutely. I’ve grown up with this individual and I was so happy when he broke the news this week.
Yes I actually know who you are I know your Dad and uncle even used to have a pint with your Grandad in the Bridge
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:00 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:00 pm
AP?
Yes

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:32 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:00 pm
Yes
I remember talking to him the night of the incident. Strange to think just a few hours later would be the start of a year’s worth of aggro for him.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:32 pm
I remember talking to him the night of the incident. Strange to think just a few hours later would be the start of a year’s worth of aggro for him.
I should have been with them on that night out. Thankfully I was doing dry Jan at the time.

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:37 pm

Great news that the whole saga is behind you and here’s to a terrific 2024 to you and your family!

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm
I should have been with them on that night out. Thankfully I was doing dry Jan at the time.
We wish you had you would have been sober to get him home safely

Bop
Been Liked: 244 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Post by Bop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:41 pm

I’ve got a vague idea on your musical taste, so hope you’re listening to “I fought the law”.

Ptangyangkipperbang

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:44 pm

Bop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:41 pm
I’ve got a vague idea on your musical taste, so hope you’re listening to “I fought the law”.
The one I played as a bit of a daft one Glad it's all over

StayingDown4Ever

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:44 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm
Ahh, I know who you are now.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:07 pm

Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 pm
We wish you had you would have been sober to get him home safely
I wish it would have been different. Like I say, I’m so glad it’s over for his and the families sake.

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:09 pm

I've seen the case on Facebook. Be interesting to know what's gone on, lies or mistaken identity

Must have been horrendous for the poor lad

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:08 pm

Was this a case of mistaken identity?