VK OUT !!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Re: VK OUT !!

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:10 pm
Oh, I know what it is, Jamesy, I mean who wouldn't want to drink in and believe every word those two supremely successful soccer gurus would spout?
Obviously not you.

This the most listened to sports station on the airwaves. The radio station that blew smoke up Vincent’s @rse, same as we all did last season.
I think Dean Saunders playing career stands up to any scrutiny?
Now that they and others on this most listened to station are now being critical of Vincent and his methods, you think it is trendy to jump on the anti Talksport bandwagon. Or just another cheap shot trying to get a reaction? :o

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:49 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 pm
JBG is more invaluable than you think, especially in the championship
He should be starting every week right now - we look a lot better with him in the team
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:51 pm

mickleoverclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:35 pm
Think Richards might have a different opinion if it wasn't one of his mates in charge. That might contribute to the relatively easy ride VK has had in the media this season.
Aye. I thought so too. He was kinda laughing when he said it as though he's hoping rather than thi king but JJ was absolutely incredulous.

Tbh I think the media know we're down and just brush over it - we don't look like fighting, we're the epitome of a Premier league afterthought this season.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:55 pm
"they always have been"
Bullshit.
European finish and 10th place finish under Dyche. On a pittance budget wise.
Burnley FC didn't begin when ALK took over the club, no matter how much they like to erase the history and accomplishments of what came before and pretend that their vision of "Europe in 5 years" is something the club had never achieved nor could dream of before them.
Luton went up via the playoffs, have had their captain struggling for health, spent almost nothing in the summer, and are fighting much better than we are. Sheffield were second, lost their 2 best players 1 to us two days before the season began, spent very little, and are where we are.
Last season was a tremendous, tremendous success- even if we did have the highest spend in the league both net and gross, and had a core of 6 experienced PL players to rebuild around, it was still a far far better season than I ever predicted. This season has been far far worse than I predicted, and no amount of revising expectations to pretend we were always headed for this will change that. 101 points to our current tally of 13, I cannot think of a bigger whiplash in football than that, especially given how much we invested in the summer especially relative to again, Sheffield and Luton as well as a couple of other clubs.
Again, Im not VK Out yet, but I'm worried more by his postmatch comments yesterday than anything and this "Oh, we're just little old Burnley, we never had a chance we've always been crap" is patronising, untrue revisionism that achieves nothing but lowering expectations and laying the groundwork for future excuses if things go tits up. You can back the team without trotting out so many excuses.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Burnley has been the laughing stock of the PL. One lucky season finishing 10th won't change that. It's a terrible team and VK made you guys look good last season for the first time.

Then to blame him for getting beaten by better teams with more money and better players is just weird. If you think any other coach will make us beat arsenal Liverpool and man city that's just pathetic. Stop dreaming and be realistic. We had decent results against the teams we should have beaten.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm
There is another - a plan and purpose that the team is all working to. We look like we don't play with each other all week
Just out of interest, why did you post a lot of criticism after the Fulham game, and again after the Arsenal game, but you went quiet for the week of the Liverpool game?

You may have been away of course, but it struck me that that was the same XI, who outplayed the title leaders at Anfield for large parts.

Like 99% of the criticism on this thread the above is false. What is valid on this thread are the posters who say the heads drop too easily when we go one or two down - in my view the biggest failing, one that arises from lack of leadership on the pitch, and why we looked so good for a few minutes yesterday and as soon as we conceded we went back into a shell.

But what I do object to are claims there is no desire, no work in training, no plan, no purpose. That is insulting to all the hard graft these players and staff are putting in. There is all that, but there isn’t confidence.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:25 pm

The best thing about relegation is it won’t be long before VK fangirls like Antonini clear off.

Still, he’s been good for some cracking conspiracy theories. Laughing stock is certainly the phrase.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 pm
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Burnley has been the laughing stock of the PL. One lucky season finishing 10th won't change that. It's a terrible team and VK made you guys look good last season for the first time.

Then to blame him for getting beaten by better teams with more money and better players is just weird. If you think any other coach will make us beat arsenal Liverpool and man city that's just pathetic. Stop dreaming and be realistic. We had decent results against the teams we should have beaten.
One lucky season finishing 10th? What about when we finished 7th? What about six consecutive seasons in the PL. Spt was right with his opening remark.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:33 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm
Obviously not you.

This the most listened to sports station on the airwaves. The radio station that blew smoke up Vincent’s @rse, same as we all did last season.
I think Dean Saunders playing career stands up to any scrutiny?
Now that they and others on this most listened to station are now being critical of Vincent and his methods, you think it is trendy to jump on the anti Talksport bandwagon. Or just another cheap shot trying to get a reaction? :o
Well I didn't intend to but, hey, it looks as if I have...
If you like listening to that stuff, good on you.
So it's trendy not to accept washed up players' drivel?
Aye, alright pal.
Take care.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:37 pm

Lego head...
Mmmm, Shaggy, that just adds even more conviction to your argument.
I'd make a joke about building for the future but I can't be arsed.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Anthonini wrote:

We're on pace for our worst ever finish in this league, with out highest ever spend.

How are Anderlecht doing now btw? Better than when VK was in charge last I looked...
These 2 users liked this post: ksrclaret k90bfc

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:38 pm
We're on pace for our worst ever finish in this league, with out highest ever spend.

How are Anderlecht doing now btw? Better than when VK was in charge last I looked...
:D :D :D :D :D

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:44 pm

Anthonini wrote:

I’ve read some shite on here in my time but this takes the number 1 prize.

VK is shite and anyone with a brain can see it

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:57 pm

Anthonini wrote:

How weird to be a manager supporter. Are you going to follow him from club to club?
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3807 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:57 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:44 pm
I’ve read some shite on here in my time but this takes the number 1 prize.

VK is shite and anyone with a brain can see it
Dyche shite too? Is any one not shite?

You would be crying your eyes out about the next manager after 3 games if he doesn’t win them all. Zero idea, zero loyalty to BFC, zero connection to BFC just a sad troll from Newcastle, on here for attention.
These 2 users liked this post: nettiepicot92 AlbertFish

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:59 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Of course you’re on here loving it, go on lad get stuck in, this topics right up your anti BFC street.
This user liked this post: nettiepicot92

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:57 pm
Dyche shite too? Is any one not shite?

You would be crying your eyes out about the next manager after 3 games if he doesn’t win them all. Zero idea, zero loyalty to BFC, zero connection to BFC just a sad troll from Newcastle, on here for attention.
Pot kettle black

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:02 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:59 pm
Pot kettle black
You slag everything BFC off(including Dyche), I slagged off a manager after 5+ years. You haven’t supported anything BFC since you signed up here.

What’s hypocritical?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Of course you’re on here loving it, go on lad get stuck in, this topics right up your anti BFC street.
He's just taking the p1ss out of Antonini who suggests that Burnley have always been a laughing stock.

If there is anyone anti BFC on this thread, it's him. He's not even a fan.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Anti-BFC?

Get a grip, just don't like getting twatted everyweek, whilst doing the same thing every week.

It's embarrassing this, it's just those that seem to be dazzled by VK that somehow think it's some part of a "masterplan".

It's beyond awful - worse than Brian Laws... wake up and smell the coffee?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:02 pm
You slag everything BFC off(including Dyche), I slagged off a manager after 5+ years. You haven’t supported anything BFC since you signed up here.

What’s hypocritical?
Haha this is nonsense straight away. I saw posts from you in Dyches second season in championship criticising the manager.

Again like I said, when the narrative suits you think you’re a super fan.

Your not, your a VK super fan.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:06 pm

From hero to zero in months, f**k all loyalty to the man that got us here.

Couple of mistakes, have a poor season in the league above and you’re done it seems.

Kompany is 37, Ronaldo is 39. Thiago Silva is 39. Kompany should probably still be playing, he’s a rookie in management, learning the ropes. A rookie making rookie mistakes but we’re not allowing him to grow and learn?
This user liked this post: nettiepicot92

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:09 pm

Anthonini wrote:

You don’t support Burnley, so to put it bluntly, you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:10 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Couple of mistakes, have a poor season in the league above and you’re done it seems.

Kompany is 37, Ronaldo is 39. Thiago Silva is 39. Kompany should probably still be playing, he’s a rookie in management, learning the ropes. A rookie making rookie mistakes but we’re not allowing him to grow and learn?

Since when are we a work experience project? He'd be sacked by almost any other PL club by now.

He won't be sacked by Burnley though because it will cost the owners too much.

The only way VK isn't in charge of Burnley for the next few years is if he walks.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:11 pm

The kompany out argument is abit like the Trafford and muric one, Trafford is always going to start and kompany isn’t going to be sacked.

If he was going to go it should of been in November, with 13 games left relying on other teams points deduction might as well keep him and hope he does the same job as last season

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:13 pm

KRBFC wrote:

If only VK afforded some of that loyalty to the lads that got him here in the first place eh?
These 3 users liked this post: forzagranata StayingDown4Ever k90bfc

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:10 pm
Since when are we a work experience project? He'd be sacked by almost any other PL club by now.

He won't be sacked by Burnley though because it will cost the owners too much.

The only way VK isn't in charge of Burnley for the next few years is if he walks.
If we didn't have a manager in the summer and you looked at the available options to get us promoted from the Championship, I'm pretty sure VK would be very close to the top of the list.

Last year was fantastic, this year has been awful but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:17 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:13 pm
If only VK afforded some of that loyalty to the lads that got him here in the first place eh?
And not as much loyalty to the some other of the under performing newer players

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:

I could post that same bit of narrative about any of our players from last year.

Why is it different for Kompany but not for Cullen, Benson, Vitinho, Zaroury and others? - Young, inexperienced and playing at the level above and making mistakes. And yet I've seen countless posts about how they should leave our club.

Yet here you are saying where is the loyalty? There isn't any in a results based business- Dyche knew it and so does everyone else if we are being honest. Why isn't Kompany showing that same loyalty to those players?

You'd assume because he's deemed them not good enough at this level, and the evidence strongly suggests that Kompany isn't either. Based on how he's run the team this season if he had been in Alan Paces job he'd have potted the manager ages ago.
These 3 users liked this post: CoolClaret mickleoverclaret BurnleyFC

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm
If we didn't have a manager in the summer and you looked at the available options to get us promoted from the Championship, I'm pretty sure VK would be very close to the top of the list.

Last year was fantastic, this year has been awful but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
I'd be amazed if he is sacked. I'd be less surprised if he walks but still doubt he would quit.

Whether he is as effective in the Championship next season - with his aura having vanished and with players who may view him very differently, is the big question. And of course, we have no idea what kind of team he will actually be in charge of next season after all the ins and outs.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 pm

KRBFC wrote:

Why should he be allowed to make mistakes at our football club?

Should we stick with him, because he’s learning his trade and once he comes good will create a dynasty?

BFC isn’t a playground to use to learn your job.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm
You'd assume because he's deemed them not good enough at this level, and the evidence strongly suggests that Kompany isn't either. Based on how he's run the team this season if he had been in Alan Paces job he'd have potted the manager ages ago.
Bingo/Jackpot/Right on the money.

This is EXACTLY IT and ultimately why I don't really care if he goes or not.

Want to foster a cut-throat working environment and discard players like that? Don't be surprised if the same happens to you then.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:24 pm

KRBFC wrote:

That’s how it works in the real world. You can do something spectacular then then a few months later royally ***** it up and you are remembered for the latest achievements or failures. It’s a results business, loyalty doesn’t come into it.

At 37 he has 4 years of management experience behind him already but for the sake of your argument if he was such a rookie learning the ropes then the Premier league is not the place for him to be at this stage in his career.

I have to admit it does tickle me this new re-invented über fan you have created. Wonder how long you can keep it up before the mask slips.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:29 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 pm
Why should he be allowed to make mistakes at our football club?

Should we stick with him, because he’s learning his trade and once he comes good will create a dynasty?

BFC isn’t a playground to use to learn your job.
Promotion in his first season should’ve allowed him time to learn, we are currently in a better spot than when he took over.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:33 pm

Promotion in first season seemingly raises expectation through the roof, killed by his own success.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:34 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:33 pm
Promotion in first season seemingly raises expectation through the roof, killed by his own success.
Expectation to not get battered every week whilst ostracising most of the team that got promoted in the first place.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:35 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:33 pm
And in the manner he brought it about, expectation was through the roof.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:37 pm

Anthonini wrote:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that's utter crap.
We've not been a laughing stock until this season. We've had teams absolutely raging at us beating them despite spending nothing, not playing Guardiolissimo and having no real superstars. Like how you ignore the European finish too. "1 lucky season" my arse you make your own luck, we had 4 solid years before the money ran out due to ALK's takeover.

We've beat all of Arsenal, Liverpool and City before now. It's such utter weakness to pretend it's impossible for us to ever get results, when we've done it before with less. And we didn't have decent results because we've lost and are on 13 points. That isn't decent.

That's just such unbelievably low expectations and honestly sounds like you've only followed us from afar for at most 4 years, more likely since VK left Belgium to come here.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:37 pm

It's been a tough season and of course mistakes have been made both in recruitment and sometimes tactically, like bringing Tresor on when Cork was sat on the bench against Luton. That's my opinion but VK must have had is reason for that substitution. BUT this league is very hard and hopefully VK can bring us back to the EPL next season with lessons learnt and a more experienced team.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:37 pm

If we lost the play off final last season and we were currently 4th/5th in the Championship (like McKenna)

VK would have more support on here…..

Strange how it works

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:37 pm
If we lost the play off final last season and we were currently 4th/5th in the Championship (like McKenna)

Strange how it works
What are you on about? McKenna has Ipswich at the top end of the Champ on a shoestring after coming up from League One.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 pm

spt_claret wrote:

That's just such unbelievably low expectations and honestly sounds like you've only followed us from afar for at most 4 years, more likely since VK left Belgium to come here.
That's exactly what it is with Antonini and he's open about how he switched from Anderlecht to Burnley when VK took us over.

Thankfully though, it won't be long until he's off somewhere else again.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:29 pm
Promotion in his first season should’ve allowed him time to learn, we are currently in a better spot than when he took over.
How are we in a better spot?

His aura has gone.

We’ve spent large amounts on transfers.

We’ve a struggling squad full of potential and not one leader.

How do you motivate after this shambles?

We’ve no in game management. We’re one dimensional.

We’re stuck with a lame duck management team.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:39 pm
What are you on about? McKenna has Ipswich at the top end of the Champ on a shoestring after coming up from League One.
He’s ran out of actual argument so is having to invent scenarios to keep up this über fan cherade.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:45 pm

KRBFC wrote:

Strange how it works
Sorry KR but you're honestly losing your mind at times on here. You've had a pop at me before now for being a negative boo boy when I've defended Amdouni more than a lot, and repeatedly said I don't even want VK sacked I just want him to learn.

Last season we overperformed against what I expected.
This season we've underperformed, and it's really strange to me that some people can't admit that. Neither you nor ANYBODY would have predicted such poor performance but suddenly it's all to be expected and because we're ahead of schedule (Even though Mission To Burnley spells the truth out that we are not, we overspent last year and HAD to go up, Pace says as much).
I'm not one of the people who expected comfortable survival, top half etc. like a lot of the people who now insist "What do you expect?!" did. I said all day long I'd take 17th staying up on goal difference. As it stands we don't look to have a prayer of doing that. We look lost, VK sounds lost, we look out of ideas, he's loyal to players who haven't earned it and won't try players who deserved it. You were a big fan of Benson last year, gone utterly quiet on his exclusion from the team. And you never gave Dyche a shred of the patience you're expecting everyone give Kompany, when he had way less to work with, so people aren't going to take you in good faith.
People aren't expecting us to blow teams away like last year. Nobody expected that except a small handful who got way too swept up in last year's success. People just expect a bit more fight, determination, progress/learning being visible in the team & tactics (we've changed but not shown much sign of learning, it's often been 1 brief step forward, then 2 back), and for us to be in a better spot than Sheffield & Luton given last season's comparative performances and given our summer spending, especially relative to theirs.

Kompany did wonderfully last year - even when you allow for him having the biggest budget in the league and a Premier League core to build on, he did better than I expected. I predicted mid table rebuild, maybe playoffs if lucky. A lot of people predicted bounceback as champions and were right- generally, those people predicted mid table this year. Not happened. He's been way, way below par this year and it's understandable that that's making people concerned. I think everyone would accept a fighting relegation- its why I wasn't demanding Dyche go last time, I'd have given him to the end of the season and then assessed things, because we weren't good at all but he'd pulled it out the bag late previously, you knew we kept fighting. We look so lost now to my eye, we have countless times this season- people saying what they feel or what they're seeing doesn't make them negative haters. That's a cult mentality, and we're Burnley FC far more than we are 'Vincent Kompany's Burnley' or 'ALK's Burnley'.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:46 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:34 pm
Expectation to not get battered every week whilst ostracising most of the team that got promoted in the first place.
More anti BFC over the top nonsense. Who is battering us every week? Since that Brentford away pathetic performance we’ve generally competed in games.

So who is battering us? We’ve lost by 2 goals twice to Liverpool in two good games. 2 goals to City twice. Arsenal battered us at home.

Those 3 teams batter most teams, Arsenal won 6-0 at West Ham the week before.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:48 pm

KRBFC wrote:

Strange how it works
This and your other posts say all we need to know about you as a fan.

You dont rate Dyche or McKenna- 2 managers who have made teams better than the sum of their individual parts and have over achieved with what they've had available.

McKenna is doing a job just as good as Kompany did last year when comparing resource, you know they came up from league one and not down from the PL? And Dyche, well to say he's the best manager in recent BFC history is a slight understatement.

We could have gone down this season and Kompanys stock would have remained high, but we've gone down with an absolute whimper. Keep acting like everyone who has decided that Kompany has had enough time is just a crap fan and don't start realising you just like the guy. You and a few others on here think he can do no wrong, I get it.
Last edited by boyyanno on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:46 pm
More anti BFC over the top nonsense. Who is battering us every week? Since that Brentford away pathetic performance we’ve generally competed in games.

So who is battering us? We’ve lost by 2 goals twice to Liverpool in two good games. 2 goals to City twice. Arsenal battered us at home.

Those 3 teams batter most teams, Arsenal won 6-0 at West Ham the week before.
We have less points and more goals conceded than Norwich that lost their opening 7 games of the season did in 2021/22 after 25 games.

We are dog **** mate and a complete mess.
Last edited by CoolClaret on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:50 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:44 pm
We are on the same points as bottom of the table sheff utd, who sacked their manager correctly. We have spent a small fortune compared to our rivals we came up with and are performing way below standard. 13 points in 25 games in any league is a disgusting return and the manager should be in grave peril. 13 points in 25 games would be hard to take even if we hadn’t spent a penny but in the context of our summer transfer activity it’s bordering on criminal.

I don’t wish to be the one to say it but you can screen shot this now. If we stick with Lego head then next season is going to be another failure and an I you so moment.
Lego head?..... What a true supporter you are

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:52 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:45 pm
Sorry KR but you're honestly losing your mind at times on here.

Last season we overperformed against what I expected.
This season we've underperformed, and it's really strange to me that some people can't admit that. Neither you nor ANYBODY would have predicted such poor performance but suddenly it's all to be expected and because we're ahead of schedule (
Where did I say we were ahead of schedule?

Just pointing out how VK has been killed by his own success, if he didn’t achieve such great success he’d likely have more support on here.

Not too dissimilar to Steve Cooper who took over Forest in the relegation zone, took them up and was immediately under pressure with people willing him to be sacked months into the new league.

The fickle nature of football stinks imo

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:48 pm
This and your other posts say all we need to know about you as a fan.

You dont rate Dyche or McKenna- 2 managers who have made teams better than the sum of their individual parts and have over achieved with what they've had available.

McKenna is doing a job just as good as Kompany did last year when comparing resource, you know they came up from league one and not down from the PL? And Dyche, well to say he's the best manager in recent BFC history is a slight understatement.
Now you’re just making stuff up, I never said I didn’t rate McKenna.

Just not sure how you claim a manager who finished 2nd in League One is better than one that almost broke the Championship points record.

Also some fans don’t like the inexperienced VK but McKenna is also a young pup.