Stupid question time!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Re: Stupid question time!

Post by taio » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:16 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:05 pm
If you don't want to give away a penalty don't raise your arm.
Soft pen, but no surprise in today's football.
If you don't want to give away a penalty don't rely on the referee and VAR official to get the most basic of decisions correct. It wasn't a soft penalty - it just shouldn't have been a penalty and second yellow card. Appalling set of decisions.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 pm

Wasn’t it Darren England that decided that Sander berge handballed it against forest earlier in the season when he was on VAR?
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2475 times
Has Liked: 2013 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:50 pm

Ref Watch.
IMG_4019.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg (612.88 KiB) Viewed 319 times
This user liked this post: Superjohnnyfrancis

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:53 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 pm
Wasn’t it Darren England that decided that Sander berge handballed it against forest earlier in the season when he was on VAR?
And some on here argued at the time it was a definite handball and the correct decision. We subsequently got a letter of apology for it 🤣

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:53 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:53 pm
And some on here argued at the time it was a definite handball and the correct decision. We subsequently got a letter of apology for it 🤣
He ballsed up the Liverpool goal up by incorrect protocol, saying check complete when it was onside.

He ballsed up that forest non handball denying us 2 points

He ballsed up sending off our player yesterday denying us a possible win. Sent off the manager too denying us his presence on the touch line. Penalty shouldn’t have been given. Player and manager down and goal down.

How many times does this guy have to mess up before they get rid.

How many other major mistakes has he done this season in his other games?

Do they not have performance review in the PGMOL?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:37 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:53 pm
He ballsed up the Liverpool goal up by incorrect protocol, saying check complete when it was onside.

He ballsed up that forest non handball denying us 2 points

He ballsed up sending off our player yesterday denying us a possible win. Sent off the manager too denying us his presence on the touch line. Penalty shouldn’t have been given. Player and manager down and goal down.

How many times does this guy have to mess up before they get rid.

How many other major mistakes has he done this season in his other games?

Do they not have performance review in the PGMOL?
I might be wrong but was it he who screwed Wolves over at OT?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 pm

taio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:16 pm
If you don't want to give away a penalty don't rely on the referee and VAR official to get the most basic of decisions correct. It wasn't a soft penalty - it just shouldn't have been a penalty and second yellow card. Appalling set of decisions.
I reckon if that action had taken place on the halfway line there's every chance a free-kick would have been awarded.
The point is though that a penalty was awarded, players cannot rely on refs or VAR backing their decisions in the penalty area.
How many soft looking penalties have been awarded this season?

taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 pm
I reckon if that action had taken place on the halfway line there's every chance a free-kick would have been awarded.
The point is though that a penalty was awarded, players cannot rely on refs or VAR backing their decisions in the penalty area.
How many soft looking penalties have been awarded this season?
The point is it was a complete failure by the officials and there is no justification for it despite your best efforts to defend it.

I've no idea how many soft penalties have been awarded. Do you? But it was much more than just 'soft' - it was a clear error. And it wasn't just about the penalty decision - Assignon was inexplicably sent off too.

How many other incidents have there been where a penalty was erroneously given and a player sent off?

The answer is one.

I can't believe an odd person is trying to defend the officials here. It was poor and the errors were obvious on every level, as noted by the vast majority of people commenting on it.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:49 pm

taio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm
The point is it was a complete failure by the officials and there is no justification for it despite your best efforts to defend it.

I've no idea how many soft penalties have been awarded. Do you? But it was much more than just 'soft' - it was a clear error. And it wasn't just about the penalty decision - Assignon was inexplicably sent off too.

How many other incidents have there been where a penalty was erroneously given and a player sent off?

The answer is one.

I can't believe an odd person is trying to defend the officials here. It was poor and the errors were obvious on every level, as noted by the vast majority of people commenting on it.
The last thing i'm trying to do is defend the officials.
Rather, I'm saying that they cannot be relied upon to give what most would see as the correct decision.
But never mind, because I am reliably informed that "these things even themselves out"... :D . I'm looking forward to us getting 2 or 3 match defining decisions in our favour in the next few games.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:37 pm
I might be wrong but was it he who screwed Wolves over at OT?
I don’t know about that one but I really hope someone from the club is keeping an eye on him when he officiates us next. Be that on the field or in VAR . It’s becoming very coincidental that he is making these game changing mistakes against us mainly.

Maybe it just shows sheer incompetence and nothing more.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:01 pm

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:54 pm
I don’t know about that one but I really hope someone from the club is keeping an eye on him when he officiates us next. Be that on the field or in VAR . It’s becoming very coincidental that he is making these game changing mistakes against us mainly.

Maybe it just shows sheer incompetence and nothing more.
I stopped being lazy and checked, and it was Hooper.
Hooper and the VAR ref were dropped from the next few matches as a result. I won't be holding my breath waiting for England to get dropped.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:01 pm
I stopped being lazy and checked, and it was Hooper.
Hooper and the VAR ref were dropped from the next few matches as a result. I won't be holding my breath waiting for England to get dropped.
If he just so happens to referee the last game at forest you know we’ve been had.

Any lip readers for what Kompany said to him before getting sent off?