Your team for FA Cup 4

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Your team for FA Cup 4

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi,

already past 11:30 on Friday night - and nobody is posting about team for tomorrow v Bristol.

Yes, I know we are all distracted by the transfer window.

Assuming everyone is available - except Dean Marney - I expect we may go with the same team as replay via Sland.

Any other thoughts?

Is JBG available?

Or, do we hold anyone back for the bigger game on Tuesday?

UTC

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Re: Your team for FA Cup 4

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Ah...the magic of the cup .

with a league game so soon after, its madness to risk our best in this competition. Anyone will do tomorrow. can see this as a defeat and thankfully a way out to do what we need to be concentrating on.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:Ah...the magic of the cup .

with a league game so soon after, its madness to risk our best in this competition. Anyone will do tomorrow. can see this as a defeat and thankfully a way out to do what we need to be concentrating on.
Which isn't football, presumably. I go to watch Burnley for the football, not to watch the pound signs. Fair enough picking squad players who are almost first team, like Vokes, Barton, and Tarkowski; but not to weaken the team.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 pm

I expect we'll line up with a weakened central midfield that's for sure. If my gut feeling is correct - and that's we don't sign any new players this window - then we need to protect as many players as possible.

Pope in goal, Tarky in central defence, Darikwa at fullback, and maybe even O'Neil gets a start in central midfield.

HendricksHair
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by HendricksHair » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Pope
Darikwa Keane Tarky Flanagan
Kightly Barton Defour JBG (if fit)
Vokes Gray

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:05 am

dsr wrote:Which isn't football, presumably. I go to watch Burnley for the football, not to watch the pound signs. Fair enough picking squad players who are almost first team, like Vokes, Barton, and Tarkowski; but not to weaken the team.
cannot see the point you are making there, apologies.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 am

Derek for deffo. I think he's ace. Then again I liked Stanislas

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:26 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:cannot see the point you are making there, apologies.
Point is, you aren't aiming for winning things, Wembley trips, Cup Finals, glory, glory hallelujah. Your only hope for this season is to make it to next season. I'm not going to get out dvd after dvd to watch how we finished 17th, 14th, 12th, 15th, even 6th or 7th in the Premier League - but I still watch the Capital Punishment dvd. For that matter, I still watch the 1992 video. I want to win things.
These 2 users liked this post: SloughClarets Paul Waine

Clarettintedlense
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Clarettintedlense » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:46 am

As above. Although its tricky so close to leicester followed by watford.

What id go

Pope
Darikwa Tarkowski Mee Flanagan
Kightly ONeill Barton Boyd
Vokes Agyei

What i think we will go

Pope
Darikwa Keane Tarkowski Flanagan
Kightly Barton Defour Boyd
Hendrick
Vokes

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:54 am

Clarettintedlense wrote:As above. Although its tricky so close to leicester followed by watford.

What id go

Pope
Darikwa Tarkowski Mee Flanagan
Kightly ONeill Barton Boyd
Vokes Agyei

I think trusting people who have watched Agyei, he's not even close to being good enough to be on the bench. This messageboard has a serious issue with rating players x20 what they actually are. He's not good enough to even make the squad, nevermind the first team, so we can discount him.

O'Neil hasn't played anywhere near enough minutes to give a good opinion of him. Again, I'm told he's not good enough for the first team and has some way to go to be anywhere near good enough for it.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 424 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:07 am

FactualFrank wrote:I think trusting people who have watched Agyei, he's not even close to being good enough to be on the bench. This messageboard has a serious issue with rating players x20 what they actually are. He's not good enough to even make the squad, nevermind the first team, so we can discount him.

O'Neil hasn't played anywhere near enough minutes to give a good opinion of him. Again, I'm told he's not good enough for the first team and has some way to go to be anywhere near good enough for it.
Bit worrying that the manager has played him 5 times already this season, then.

Suspect the team will be pretty much the same one that beat Sunderland.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:22 am

mickleoverclaret wrote:Bit worrying that the manager has played him 5 times already this season, then.

Suspect the team will be pretty much the same one that beat Sunderland.
Yep - worrying in that he's been forced to play him due to lack of other options. I can tell that Dyche doesn't (yet?) rate him enough to be near the first team, so is trying to correct that.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 424 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:46 am

How can you tell?

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:13 am

I believe Sean Dyche will prepare the squad to get a win. Can you imagine the group morale if we lose today v the morale if we are in the draw for FA5? A win is good for the big quest to stay in the Premier League (I just love typing that out in full).

One or two first XI players will be held back as subs - keep their energy for Tuesday night. Generally, the squad is used to playing 2 games in 4 days, so no worries - apart from the existing injuries - and we don't want any new injuries today.

Pope
Darikwa Mee Tarkowski Flanagan
Kightly O'Neil Barton Boyd
Vokes Gray

Mee and Tarky together - have we done this before?
O'Neil - he looked good at Chelsea.
Barton - the leadership and experience - but need him ready also for Leicester
Maybe Defour in place of Barton - again, leadership and experience (and class) - but also need ready for Leicester
Hendrick and JBG on bench - if fit
Putting Gray up front as he got a hat trick last time. We can rest him at half-time - with another hat trick.

UTC

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:18 am

The team that played in the Sunderland replay no question.

Clarettintedlense
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by Clarettintedlense » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 am

FactualFrank wrote:I think trusting people who have watched Agyei, he's not even close to being good enough to be on the bench. This messageboard has a serious issue with rating players x20 what they actually are. He's not good enough to even make the squad, nevermind the first team, so we can discount him.

Ive seen glimpses of him. Looked decent in pre season and in so.e of the games at coventry includiing a wonder goal. Hes got raw talent.

ONeil again looked assured and talented in the games he played.

Im not saying theyre good enough for the premier league (yet). But our squad is limited and its as good a time as ever to play them.

Id play ONeill and Barton simply because we cant afford to lose Hendrick or Defour. Bartons looking at a ban and ONeils 5th choice. So its still a comptetive 11 with 2 youngsters blooded.

Besides thats the team id pick not the one we will...
This user liked this post: Paul Waine