Hindsight and hypocrisy

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Hindsight and hypocrisy

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 pm

IF Karanka had kept his job and kept Boro up playing our style of play away from home most on here would have lambasted him.

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Re: Hindsight and hypocrisy

Post by lrac » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Ffs

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:53 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:IF Karanka had kept his job and kept Boro up playing our style of play away from home most on here would have lambasted him.
You missed out "hypothetical" and "conjecture" from the thread title.
Last edited by Tall Paul on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2574 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:54 pm

I suggest you look up the word hindsight before starting silly threads.

Melbourneclaret
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Melbourneclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:IF Karanka had kept his job and kept Boro up playing our style of play away from home most on here would have lambasted him.
Most wouldn't care enough to "lambast" another team's manager on their style of play away from home. We tend to concentrate on our team - the one that's all but assured of prem league football next season.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 pm

I don't think most would.

Most of us are realistic and recognise that survival in the first season is more important then anything else right now.

Substance over style so to speak.

Karanka's problem was he only wanted to play stylish football but his squad wasn't good enough to do that.
Dyche knew at the start of the season his squad wasn't good enough and set them up a different way.
This user liked this post: Terrier

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:59 pm

ksrclaret wrote:I suggest you look up the word hindsight before starting silly threads.
Not in isolation...a reaction to people criticising comments made throughout the 90

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I don't think most would.

Most of us are realistic and recognise that survival in the first season is more important then anything else right now.

Karanka's problem was he only wanted to play stylish football but his squad wasn't good enough to do that.
Dyche knew at the start of the season his squad wasn't good enough and set them up a different way.
Dyche`s 2nd season...

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I don't think most would.

stylish way? I can tell you don't watch much football. They bought Gestede and loaned Negredo for a reason, Karanka was sacked because they parked the bus every game and isolated the striker which resulted in the hitting long balls and not scoring. I guess anything is stylish compared to our non league Lincoln esque football.

HB Claret
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by HB Claret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Actually if the team i have supported for 50 years survive in the premier league I don't give a damn about what any other team has done. When you have watched Burnley at Southend, Barnet and Maidstone to think that they might have another year with the elite then you should be content.
These 7 users liked this post: jordsclarets elwaclaret Goddy Shore claret Houseclaret Greenmile longsidepies

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:19 pm

HB Claret wrote:Actually if the team i have supported for 50 years survive in the premier league I don't give a damn about what any other team has done. When you have watched Burnley at Southend, Barnet and Maidstone to think that they might have another year with the elite then you should be content.
I watched us lose at Southend 3-0 (I think), draw 0-0 at Barnet and win with a majestic Deary goal (lob?) at Maidstone. We have moved on!!!!!!!!!!!

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:21 pm

What the actual hell are you talking about? I don't rate posts as that would be a really odd thing to do. But if I did, and I am, I'd give this 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10, depending on the rating scale.
This user liked this post: lrac

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Post by lrac » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Again .ffs

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:What the actual hell are you talking about? I don't rate posts as that would be a really odd thing to do. But if I did, and I am, I'd give this 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10, depending on the rating scale.
I don`t like the way in which people criticise REAL TIME observations with HINDSIGHT comfort of the point. Watching that was painful and no-one can suggest otherwise.
This user liked this post: Croydon Claret

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 268 times

Post by Paulclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Having to read some of the bloody idiotic threads on here is far more painful than watching the Clarets get a point away in the Premier League!

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:30 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:I don`t like the way in which people criticise REAL TIME observations with HINDSIGHT comfort of the point. Watching that was painful and no-one can suggest otherwise.
Nearly as painful as reading your posts.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Paulclaret wrote:Having to read some of the bloody idiotic threads on here is far more painful than watching the Clarets get a point away in the Premier League!
THE point which effectively relegates Middlesbrough and keeps us in the league. I suppose had we have gone for the jugular and pushed really hard to win the game only to lose it to a last minute counter attack the same posters would be more satisfied.
These 2 users liked this post: ants_g THEWELLERNUT70

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Rileybobs wrote:What the actual hell are you talking about? I don't rate posts as that would be a really odd thing to do. But if I did, and I am, I'd give this 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10, depending on the rating scale.
e
You didn`t make ONE comment on the match thread until the final whistle which cements my point regards hindsight. Not a criticism just a fact.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2018 times
Has Liked: 2915 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:I watched us lose at Southend 3-0 (I think), draw 0-0 at Barnet and win with a majestic Deary goal (lob?) at Maidstone. We have moved on!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we have moved on quite a long way, we're playing in the Richest League in the World and are looking like we're going to stay up. I never dreamed I'd see us ever higher than the 2nd tier (if that) as I traipsed home from a 3-0 drubbing at Brighton, getting on the coach to Exeter KNOWING you were going to lose but going anyway.... Christ things have changed and moved on and I'd rather see Burnley FC where we are now than then.

What is happening at Burnley is phenomenal, I still cannot believe its true; and you have the brass neck to criticise the way we set up away from home? Clearly some people will never ever be happy.
These 2 users liked this post: ants_g Stalbansclaret

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:e
You didn`t make ONE comment on the match thread until the final whistle which cements my point regards hindsight. Not a criticism just a fact.
I was watching the game.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I was watching the game.
Not my point and each to their own. Have a great night (2:30am here). UP THE CLARETS!

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:40 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Not my point and each to their own. Have a great night (2:30am here). UP THE CLARETS!
My point is I don't post on the match day thread whilst I'm watching the game, because I'm watching the game.

I wasn't delighted by the performance, but I'm more than happy with the point. After all, at this stage of the season in particular, the result is the important thing.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:stylish way? I can tell you don't watch much football. They bought Gestede and loaned Negredo for a reason, Karanka was sacked because they parked the bus every game and isolated the striker which resulted in the hitting long balls and not scoring. I guess anything is stylish compared to our non league Lincoln esque football.
Karanka refused to play long ball football, he only wanted to play passing stylish football.
He didn't get the right players in to play that football, its widely acknowledged that he didn't, Boro fans will tell you as such.
Don't you remember Karanka moaning about the Boro fans wanting some hoof ball to help them survive?

Can tell you don't follow what's going on in the football world, I'd suggest you engage your brain next time, preferably before you start typing.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:43 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Yes we have moved on quite a long way, we're playing in the Richest League in the World and are looking like we're going to stay up. I never dreamed I'd see us ever higher than the 2nd tier (if that) as I traipsed home from a 3-0 drubbing at Brighton, getting on the coach to Exeter KNOWING you were going to lose but going anyway.... Christ things have changed and moved on and I'd rather see Burnley FC where we are now than then.

What is happening at Burnley is phenomenal, I still cannot believe its true; and you have the brass neck to criticise the way we set up away from home? Clearly some people will never ever be happy.
There used to be ration cards but we have moved on from that. People used to be hung. REgardless of our slants on history and expectations, we are all Burnley fans so I wish you a good night from Japan and have a great time wherever you are in the world.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:44 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Dyche`s 2nd season...
Yes it is in the PL.

Next time I'll make it clearer for you, we need to survive and get a 2nd consecutive season under our belt.
Most of us couldn't give a toss how we do it this time round, so long as we start next season in the PL.

Yeah the away results are crap, but the home form has seen us through.
Other teams have better away results and are below us, that's something that doesn't get mentioned by the whiners on here.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:My point is I don't post on the match day thread whilst I'm watching the game, because I'm watching the game.

I wasn't delighted by the performance, but I'm more than happy with the point. After all, at this stage of the season in particular, the result is the important thing.
Agree (to an extent) and good night.
This user liked this post: Anonymous

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:47 pm

BFCmaj wrote:Nearly as painful as reading your posts.
You are entitled to your opinion. Good night!

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Rileybobs wrote:THE point which effectively relegates Middlesbrough and keeps us in the league. I suppose had we have gone for the jugular and pushed really hard to win the game only to lose it to a last minute counter attack the same posters would be more satisfied.
There was JUST as much chance, if not more, we could have conceded a goal playing the way we did, so respectfully, that point is moot.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:There was JUST as much chance, if not more, we could have conceded a goal playing the way we did, so respectfully, that point is moot.
I beg to differ. Did you see how many times Stoke broke against us midweek? Funnily enough, they hardly got a chance after we scored.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I beg to differ. Did you see how many times Stoke broke against us midweek? Funnily enough, they hardly got a chance after we scored.
Burnley vs Stoke at HOME. We are a different animal.

3am now. Good night sir.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm

You've been saying good night for a while, you're a nightmare to get to bed I can see, just like my daughter can be :lol:
These 3 users liked this post: elwaclaret HiroshimaClaret boiledclaret

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Sidney1st wrote:You've been saying good night for a while, you're a nightmare to get to bed I can see, just like my daughter can be :lol:
I know. That`s definitely it. Simply enjoy being involved in the Claret world. GOOD NIGHT CLARETS!
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Just because Sunderland and Boro are heading back to the Championship it doesn't give us the right to think we should be turning them over. Two clean sheets, jobs done.

We aren't an established Premier League side....yet.

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Hiroshima is my favourite poster, he tells it as it is.

claretabroad
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by claretabroad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 pm

ablueclaret wrote:Hiroshima is my favourite poster, he tells it as it is.
Not the David Edgar one you have on your bedroom wall? ;)
These 2 users liked this post: BFCmaj Stalbansclaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:48 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Yes we have moved on quite a long way, we're playing in the Richest League in the World and are looking like we're going to stay up. I never dreamed I'd see us ever higher than the 2nd tier (if that) as I traipsed home from a 3-0 drubbing at Brighton, getting on the coach to Exeter KNOWING you were going to lose but going anyway.... Christ things have changed and moved on and I'd rather see Burnley FC where we are now than then.

We've not moved on, we have gone backwards from being the best side in the country to the 14th best (or whereever we are in the table after today)

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Karanka refused to play long ball football, he only wanted to play passing stylish football.
He didn't get the right players in to play that football, its widely acknowledged that he didn't, Boro fans will tell you as such.
Don't you remember Karanka moaning about the Boro fans wanting some hoof ball to help them survive?

Can tell you don't follow what's going on in the football world, I'd suggest you engage your brain next time, preferably before you start typing.
Karanka refused to play long ball yet signed Gestede and Negredo and the last time I checked Boro had played the 2nd most long balls in the league. You're talking utter sh*te

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:54 pm

KRBFC wrote:We've not moved on, we have gone backwards from being the best side in the country to the 14th best (or whereever we are in the table after today)

You really think promoted sides should be doing better than we are in the hardest football league in world football?

Where did Bournemouth finish last season, for example?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:Karanka refused to play long ball yet signed Gestede and Negredo and the last time I checked Boro had played the 2nd most long balls in the league. You're talking utter sh*te
I know who he signed, I remember mocking Boro fans for signing Negredo because I stated he wouldn't score many goals in the league, he didn't last time and I've been proven right.

Karanka always claimed he refused to play long balls, he wanted to play better football, despite what the stats said was happening.

So you don't remember Karanka whining in the media?
Oh wait, my bad, you don't concern yourself with other teams, you've stated that before I recall.

They failed to sign the players to provide service to the strikers.
It was also amusing to watch Ramirez demand a transfer to Leicester, after watching Boro fans blow smoke up his arse after last seasons efforts.

I'm not taking utter sh*te either but good try in claiming I am.

Speaking of which, are you upset that the free flowing, attacking football that Bournemouth play and you so desperately crave has so far propelled them to the heady heights of one point behind us?

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 pm

David Edgar isn't even in my scrap book, we move on.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I know who he signed, I remember mocking Boro fans for signing Negredo because I stated he wouldn't score many goals in the league, he didn't last time and I've been proven right.

Karanka always claimed he refused to play long balls, he wanted to play better football, despite what the stats said was happening.

So you don't remember Karanka whining in the media?
Oh wait, my bad, you don't concern yourself with other teams, you've stated that before I recall.

They failed to sign the players to provide service to the strikers.
It was also amusing to watch Ramirez demand a transfer to Leicester, after watching Boro fans blow smoke up his arse after last seasons efforts.

I'm not taking utter sh*te either but good try in claiming I am.

Speaking of which, are you upset that the free flowing, attacking football that Bournemouth play and you so desperately crave has so far propelled them to the heady heights of one point behind us?
who mentioned Bournemouth?
Karanka talks out his arse, he whined about how direct we were yet they played more long balls than us. The stats show Boro are a long ball side, the MOTD lot highlighted it and showed just how isolated they leave the striker.
How many goals has Negredo got? he must be close to Gray and more than Barnes.

So in summary, you're claiming Boro didn't play hoofball under Karanka because Karanka claimed he refused to? :lol: Yet you're ignoring the stats and the fact Karanka talks crap.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Spijed wrote:You really think promoted sides should be doing better than we are in the hardest football league in world football?

Where did Bournemouth finish last season, for example?
You completely missed the point, it was more aimed at the fans who go on and on about where we've come from since the dark days yet ignore that we were the best side in the country once upon a time.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm not ignoring the stats, I know what they played and I know what their manager claimed.

I mentioned Bournemouth because you have a hard on for their style of football which hasn't got them very far.
You do whinge a lot about how we play, probably bordering on excessive whinging.

Negrado has a 8 or 9 I think, but Boro fans kept banging on about how he scored over 20 goals when he was at City, but they glossed over the fact that only 9 of those were in the league, he was playing for a better team too.

Hes been gash since then too, he scored about 9 league goals over 2 years in Spain.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I'm not ignoring the stats, I know what they played and I know what their manager claimed.

I mentioned Bournemouth because you have a hard on for their style of football which hasn't got them very far.
You do whinge a lot about how we play, probably bordering on excessive whinging.

Negrado has a 8 or 9 I think, but Boro fans kept banging on about how he scored over 20 goals when he was at City, but they glossed over the fact that only 9 of those were in the league, he was playing for a better team too.

Hes been gash since then too, he scored about 9 league goals over 2 years in Spain.
I don't think i've ever mentioned Bournemouth's style of play before so I have no idea what you're on about...
Negredos a good player for a team in a relegation scrap, infact i'd have him here in a heartbeat to partner Gray. I think the fact they signed Gestede and Negredo plus the stats of how many long balls they play overrides anything said by Karanka, a man known for whining and saying strange things. You think Boro play a stylish brand of football, I disagree, the end.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 pm

KRBFC wrote:I don't think i've ever mentioned Bournemouth's style of play before so I have no idea what you're on about...
Negredos a good player for a team in a relegation scrap, infact i'd have him here in a heartbeat to partner Gray. I think the fact they signed Gestede and Negredo plus the stats of how many long balls they play overrides anything said by Karanka, a man known for whining and saying strange things. You think Boro play a stylish brand of football, I disagree, the end.
So which other team do you want us to play like?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:29 pm

You've mentioned Howe's style of football a few times when you've been whining, ergo my link to Bournemouth.
It's a simple link if you think about it.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Tall Paul wrote:So which other team do you want us to play like?
i'm not expecting free flowing tiki taka style football. I don't enjoy watching away games at all, do you?
I'd like more pass and move, less hoof and more importantly more fluidity in the system to give the man on the ball an option. I want to see belief and intent to win every time I watch my team play, non of this sit deep and timewaste from minute 1 tosh. You know what Boro lacked today.... pace. What did Spurs do when we took off Gray and saw we lacked pace? they pushed their defensive line up 10 yards. What happens when you do that? the gap between the lines become smaller, compressing the midfield areas and ultimately making the gap between the midfield and forward line smaller, your team is more compact and you can pen teams in for spells of pressure. In contrast, if you play a deep defensive line which doesn't move from the edge of the box the gap between the defence and forwards is massive giving the 4 midfields more leg work but ultimately your midfield will tend to pick the ball up in deeper areas where they're likely to be under pressure in their own half with the ball and left with little option but to hoof clear the ball up to isolated strikers who are isolated because the midfielders are back defending. A vicious circle. Add in the fact we have 2 in central midfield and its not hard to see why we struggle with the ball so often. I'd have liked to see us do what Spurs did to us and pushed our defence up 10 yards to compact the game and make donkeys like Gestede have to work closer to the half way line. At Swansea Llorente didn't leave our penalty box because we sat in, a recipe for disaster to allow a striker like Llorente to stand in the box and wait for cross after cross.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:36 pm

So what other team do you want us to play like?
This user liked this post: Greenmile

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Sidney1st wrote:You've mentioned Howe's style of football a few times when you've been whining, ergo my link to Bournemouth.
It's a simple link if you think about it.
I think you mean Coyle not Howe. Why do you post on here anyway? you don't follow Burnley, what kind of fan rarely watches games. You're lower down the scale than your typical armchair fan. I don't know why i'm debating football with someone who doesn't even watch his own side play. Yet you claim to know what Boro play like :lol:

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:08 pm

I do watch, but I've explained before why its not often at the grounds.

I do have season tickets sorted out for next season though.

What you're actually doing is using it as a way of dodging the conversation, probably because you're running out of sensibleish answers.