Bradley Walsh

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
redwasp
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Bradley Walsh

Post by redwasp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:46 pm

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find it. this man in Doctor Who just isn't right, especially when he's appearing at the same time on the other channel in The Chase Celebrity Special. I think ITV have done the dirty here. I just hope he doesn't meet Fanny Schmeller or that's it for the credibility of the programme.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Re: Bradley Walsh

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 pm

redwasp wrote:I know this has been brought up before but I can't find it. this man in Doctor Who just isn't right, especially when he's appearing at the same time on the other channel in The Chase Celebrity Special. I think ITV have done the dirty here. I just hope he doesn't meet Fanny Schmeller or that's it for the credibility of the programme.
Don't worry about it ---The Chase is a real programme with real people, however, Doctor Who is just a figment of someone's imagination and is far from real.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

redwasp wrote:I know this has been brought up before but I can't find it. this man in Doctor Who just isn't right, especially when he's appearing at the same time on the other channel in The Chase Celebrity Special. I think ITV have done the dirty here. I just hope he doesn't meet Fanny Schmeller or that's it for the credibility of the programme.
As "Doctor Who" is a Sci-Fi time travel adventure perhaps Bradders has used the TARDIS to appear in both :roll:

Seriously though Brad is an Actor/Comedian who has been in quite a few other things in the past ... so I don't get your point really

redwasp
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by redwasp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:10 pm

I guess it comes down to being " Type Cast" really. He's also a good singer and had a top selling album last year. But if Doctor Who makers want it to be taken seriously do they need to use someone who's well known for comedy and game shows?.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Smart lad on t’other night gave Fanny Schmeller as an answer when he didn’t have a clue.
Very clever and he almost got Bradley to crack up again.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:Don't worry about it ---The Chase is a real programme with real people, however, Doctor Who is just a figment of someone's imagination and is far from real.
Exactamundo Ashy.. :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 pm

piston broke wrote:Smart lad on t’other night gave Fanny Schmeller as an answer when he didn’t have a clue.
Very clever and he almost got Bradley to crack up again.
Gotta love The Chase.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Many many comedians do well acting. Sir Lenny Henry did shakespeare w/o any problems.
Dave King, Jimmy Jewel, Bill Maynard, Frankie Howard, Benny Hill to name a few moved from comedy to acting

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 pm

redwasp wrote:I guess it comes down to being " Type Cast" really. He's also a good singer and had a top selling album last year. But if Doctor Who makers want it to be taken seriously do they need to use someone who's well known for comedy and game shows?.
Not fussed for Dr Who at all but the missus watches it. Saw a bit of it tonight and thought the acting on the whole was appalling, none more so than the actress who's playing the Dr. The plot, from what I could gather, was also a load of ********.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6900 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:40 pm

redwasp wrote:I guess it comes down to being " Type Cast" really. He's also a good singer and had a top selling album last year. But if Doctor Who makers want it to be taken seriously do they need to use someone who's well known for comedy and game shows?.
Does anyone take Dr Who seriously?

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 602 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Does anyone take Dr Who seriously?
Course they do like knowing we are going to beat City at there place :lol: :lol: :lol: oh these drugs are wonderful

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:03 am

CnBtruntru wrote:Course they do like knowing we are going to beat City at there place :lol: :lol: :lol: oh these drugs are wonderful
It's like asking do we take the Europa League seriously?

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Bradley Walsh played a very good role as D.I. Brooks in law and order ..
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Doctor Who's not real? :o :o :o

C'mon.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I have to say as a one time Dr who fan, I saw Sunday's episode and thought what utter garbage it was, including the acting. The only pluses I could see were that they'd spent loads on the FX, and the fact that Bradley Walsh acted everyone else off the screen. He's actually very good.
These 3 users liked this post: conyoviejo Ashingtonclaret46 houseboy

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:Doctor Who's not real? :o :o :o

C'mon.
Don't worry, of course it's real, it's the people on here who are a figment of your imagination.

Having said that you'd have to have a very sick mind to create some of the characters on here.

Anyway Doctor Who is real, honest, it's a real TV programme with real people in it so it must be real.

Now as for me.....

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:I have to say as a one time Dr who fan, I saw Sunday's episode and thought what utter garbage it was, including the acting. The only pluses I could see were that they'd spent loads on the FX, and the fact that Bradley Walsh acted everyone else off the screen. He's actually very good.
At least it's moved on from moving scenery and people obviously and unashamedly dressed as monsters. It was always and still is camp, I think that's part of it's appeal.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:04 pm

I know Mandip Gill's parents. They mentioned to me that she'd got a part in Doctor Who a few months back but I don't think I've ever watched a full episode.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:10 pm

houseboy wrote:At least it's moved on from moving scenery and people obviously and unashamedly dressed as monsters. It was always and still is camp, I think that's part of it's appeal.
Dr Who is neither camp nor childish. It is hardcore sci=fi for discerning adults.

And it is brilliant.

New series first episode very good, second one less so.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:11 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I know Mandip Gill's parents. They mentioned to me that she'd got a part in Doctor Who a few months back but I don't think I've ever watched a full episode.
Bob Lord knew my father.............

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:12 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I know Mandip Gill's parents. They mentioned to me that she'd got a part in Doctor Who a few months back but I don't think I've ever watched a full episode.
Please tell Mandip's parent's that she's brilliant in Dr Who and well done on producing a lovely daughter.

Warn her that as their daughter is now in Dr Who they'll end up with loads of weidos camping outside their house hoping to gain access to Mandip.

Please also pass on my details and ask Mandip out for a drink with me. I'm sure she'll be delighted. :)

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

I like your style, Rowls. Misguided but admirable nonetheless............

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:20 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:I like your style, Rowls. Misguided but admirable nonetheless............
Stop wasting the ..... save some for the rest of us.

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 pm

houseboy wrote:At least it's moved on from moving scenery and people obviously and unashamedly dressed as monsters. It was always and still is camp, I think that's part of it's appeal.
I completely agree and that thought went through my head a I was sitting here being very critical last night. But, particularly since it returned after it's long absence, the acting has been extremely good. Last night the lines and the actors (apart from Bradley Walsh) were really, really poor.

DustyBawls
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by DustyBawls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Leeds lass yeh?

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

DustyBawls wrote:Leeds lass yeh?
Correct. Only seen her once and didn't even know she was an actress. Then I was at my mate's house and his wife mentioned who she was and who her parents were. When I saw her mum I just said, "Doctor Who?" - and she said she'd got a part in the new series. Even showed me a mobile phone clip of Bradley Walsh saying her daughter was a pain in the backside (jokingly).
This user liked this post: DustyBawls

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am

Of course it's serious, where else would you see a bloke dressed as a liquorice allsort?

Actually to be fair the story lines are sometimes so complex you do wonder what the hell is going on, but then I like that kind of thing.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 am

Dark Cloud wrote:I completely agree and that thought went through my head a I was sitting here being very critical last night. But, particularly since it returned after it's long absence, the acting has been extremely good. Last night the lines and the actors (apart from Bradley Walsh) were really, really poor.
I don't actually watch it much these days because my wife doesn't like it (although she was watching it the other day oddly) and the time of day it's normally on is not a time when I watch telly (yes I know there's catch up and recording but I'm not that bothered).

I watched the first ever series all those years ago and was glued to it every week for years, I can still remember the first time the Daleks turned up, they scared me to bloody death, even though at that time they were trapped in their own city and could only move on metal floors like dodgems. I comforted myself as a kid in bed with the fact that they couldn't climb stairs.

10 points for the first person who can say who their arch enemies on their home planet were?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am

houseboy wrote:

Having said that you'd have to have a very sick mind to create some of the characters on here.
And that, my friend, is the most convincing argument against metaphysical solipsism

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am

houseboy wrote:I don't actually watch it much these days because my wife doesn't like it (although she was watching it the other day oddly) and the time of day it's normally on is not a time when I watch telly (yes I know there's catch up and recording but I'm not that bothered).

I watched the first ever series all those years ago and was glued to it every week for years, I can still remember the first time the Daleks turned up, they scared me to bloody death, even though at that time they were trapped in their own city and could only move on metal floors like dodgems. I comforted myself as a kid in bed with the fact that they couldn't climb stairs.

10 points for the first person who can say who their arch enemies on their home planet were?
It was the "Thols" or "Tharls" or something like that ... if memory serves

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:48 am

Chobulous wrote:And that, my friend, is the most convincing argument against metaphysical solipsism
Very true. However the single most convincing argument against it is the fact that solipsists spend time arguing the case for solipsism with people that, by their own admission, don't exist, thereby arguing with the figments of their own imaginations.

Give me Descartes anytime.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

Bosscat wrote:It was the "Thols" or "Tharls" or something like that ... if memory serves
The Tharls yes, a blonde haired race who were the 'goodies' of that story. Now promise you didn't Google it (ha ha).

William Russell, the first male companion (Ian), played Sir Lancelot for years and was also Ted Sullivan in Coronation Street for a while. Starred in a lot of films, great actor.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am

houseboy wrote:The Tharls yes, a blonde haired race who were the 'goodies' of that story. Now promise you didn't Google it (ha ha).

William Russell, the first male companion (Ian), played Sir Lancelot for years and was also Ted Sullivan in Coronation Street for a while. Starred in a lot of films, great actor.
It’s “Thals”!!!

:shock:

:lol:

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am

houseboy wrote:The Tharls yes, a blonde haired race who were the 'goodies' of that story. Now promise you didn't Google it (ha ha).

How very dare you :lol:

Am sure also Peter Purves (of Blue Peter fame) was also a "companion" of the "good Doctor" at some stage as well....

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Rowls wrote:It’s “Thals”!!!

:shock:

:lol:
Well don't you know? I've spent 50-odd years putting an 'r' in it. Ha ha.
This user liked this post: Rowls

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:39 pm

houseboy wrote:I don't actually watch it much these days because my wife doesn't like it (although she was watching it the other day oddly) and the time of day it's normally on is not a time when I watch telly (yes I know there's catch up and recording but I'm not that bothered).

Very much the same as in I don't make a point of watching it any more and I was just sitting doing nowt the other evening and it came on. And as said, I found it very underwhelming.
As a chap of a certain age (vintage 1958) I was absolutely Dalek fodder first time around. I LITERALLY did hide behind the sofa, begged my parents to turn it off and crapped myself going to bed afterwards!"

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 602 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 am

tybfc wrote:It's like asking do we take the Europa League seriously?
What's a Europa League? :D

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 am

Dark Cloud wrote:Very much the same as in I don't make a point of watching it any more and I was just sitting doing nowt the other evening and it came on. And as said, I found it very underwhelming.
As a chap of a certain age (vintage 1958) I was absolutely Dalek fodder first time around. I LITERALLY did hide behind the sofa, begged my parents to turn it off and crapped myself going to bed afterwards!"
They're just mutated Kaleds in Mark III travel machines, no need to worry.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 am

I like Walsh who imo is an old skool entertainer who is more than competent in the various roles he does

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 am

Dark Cloud wrote:Very much the same as in I don't make a point of watching it any more and I was just sitting doing nowt the other evening and it came on. And as said, I found it very underwhelming.
You sure that was the Daleks m8 and not a dodgy soft boiled egg ;)
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:02 pm

One year younger, Dark Cloud. I had a Dalek costume in the early/mid sixties. Today it's not 6 year-olds that wear them though, it's cosplay fodder in their twenties and thirties that ought to get more challenging careers