Manchester City v Burnley - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Manchester City v Burnley - Player Ratings

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 - Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Manchester City v Burnley - Player Ratings

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Hart 7
Rest 5s

They were just too good and at times we too naive.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:02 pm

All 7 except Hart 8.

We did well in parts. It is stupid to think we can look good against the very best.

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hart 8
Lowton 6
Tarks 8*
Mee 6
Taylor 5
Lennon 3
Cork 6
Defour 6
Hendrick 6
JBG 5
Vokes 6

Westwood 5
Wood 5
Barnes 5

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Hart 6
Lowton 6
Tarks 7
Mee 7
Taylor 4
Lennon 3 appalling atrocious abysmal again
Cork 7
Defour 7*
Hendrick 5
JBG 5
Vokes 6

Westwood 5
Wood 4
Barnes 4

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Hart 7
Lowton 7
Tarkowski 7
Mee 6
Taylor 6
JBG 5
Defour 6
Cork 6
Lennon 6
Hendrick 7
Vokes 6

Westwood 6
Wood 6

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Hart 7
Lowton 6
Tarkowski 6
Mee 6
Taylor 5
Gudmundsson 5
Defour 6
Cork 4
Lennon 4
Hendrick 5
Vokes 5

Westwood 5
Wood 5

A poor effort against a very good side. Pretty much what most of us expected.

PhiladelphiaChris
Been Liked: 48 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Hart 7
Lowton 7
Tarkowski 7
Mee 7
Taylor 7
JBG 7
Defour 7
Cork 7
Lennon 6
Hendrick 7
Vokes 6

Westwood 6
Wood 6

careyclaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by careyclaret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Hart 7. Couldn't do much about the goals
Lowton 7. Thought he did well against the onslaught
Tarkowski 7. Many classy moments and a few sloppy ones
Mee 6. Should probably have done better on the 4th goal
Taylor 6. Could have done better on the first goal but don't understand the sustained negativity directed at him
Gudmundsson 7. Faded in and out but a good attacking option
Defour 6. A little quiet
Cork 7. Our best player imo
Lennon 4. Poor today
Hendrick 6. Mainly a good game
Vokes 5. Struggled to make an impact

Westwood 5
Wood 5

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:43 pm

careyclaret wrote: Taylor 6. Could have done better on the first goal but don't understand the sustained negativity directed at him
It's because he's not shown he's good enough yet, and has had plenty of time to start showing it. And he doesn't have a right foot

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Hart 7
All the rest 3's and 4's.

Atrocious performance against one of the best sides in the world, I watched Newcastle play against them a few weeks ago and they really give them a game, took the lead, defended well and lost 2-1, we just weren't at it again today. Defensively all over the place, 0 shots on goal and a complete lack of desire or effort from more than 3 or 4 players. Right back to the negative bullcrap with Hendrick starting, boring.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Not as bad as the final scoreline suggested, and there were some positive sides, although we were well beaten.

Hart - 6 - thought he made one superb save first half, and one good one, but in truth apart from that he wasn't greatly extended and he was as culpable as anyone for the second goal - he didn't switch off entirely, but he did make a ridiculous decision to leave his goal for a ball he hadn't got a hope of winning, and made the chance an awful lot easier for City. Also thought he might have done better with City's fourth, and possibly fifth goals.

Lowton - 7 - Apart from being one of those guilty of a dereliction of duty for the second goal, he did OK defensively, and used the ball well enough when he got chance.

Taylor - 6 - Another to get caught daydreaming for the second goal, and whilst he hung in OK, at times he was hopelessly exposed by Mahrez and I thought he might have done better for the opening goal.

Tarkowski - 8 - once again, guilty of neglect for the second goal, and guilty of one sloppy lapse, but otherwise very good.

Mee - 7 - Best he's played in a while, just a shame that he was yet another who switched off appallingly for the killer second. EDIT - I've dropped this mark by one having seen the 3rd and 5th goals again, and I think he should have done better on both, even if he generally defended well.

Cork - 6 - guilty for the second goal, etc. (can you spot a theme yet?), and possibly a bit lucky the penalty wasn't given just before as it might have led to a second yellow card, but generally he was a lot more assertive than he has been in recent weeks, which hopefully augurs well for the next couple of months.

Defour - 5 - Showed his class occasionally, but in truth his rustiness also showed through occasionally.

Hendrick - 7 - Showed great feet and composure under pressure a number of times and was central to much of our better play, although he didn't seem to know exactly what he was doing when he went out wide.

JBG - 5 - Had some bright and breezy moments, and carried a flickering threat, but truth be told he made bad decisions on too many occasions today.

Lennon - 6 - Got through a ton of work, and did a huge job in protecting Taylor against Mahrez, and gave us a bit of a threat on the counter attack.

Vokes - 5- Being up front alone is tough on these days, and it doesn't bring the best out of Vokes because he's at his best when he's got someone supporting him who can play off his flicks and passes, but he kept going. Probably should have scored early on and at this level, those three quarter chances have to go in to give us a chance.

Westwood - 5 - Not sure the change worked, and he wasn't terrible but he wasn't very effective either.

Wood - 5 - See Westwood.

When you go to somewhere like City, you need the breaks to go for you, and you need to keep your concentration and not make silly errors. We probably didn't get the breaks today (the second goal is a touch unlucky even if it might have been a penalty originally, and Kompany probably should have walked before most of us had made it to our seats), but whilst we generally played OK, we didn't keep our side of the bargain and the second goal involved the sort of collective brain fade that is inexcusable in under-11s football, let alone away at City in the Premier League. Individual errors happen, but for 5 outfield players and one goalkeeper to all make such a basic error renders the complaints about the decisions a little bit churlish.

The frustrating thing is that up until then, we'd done fine. City had had 3 very good chances, and had scored from 1; we'd had one of our own when Vokes headed over after Kompany's studs up, knee high challenge. For all they'd had loads of the ball and all the territory, and carried a threat especially when they isolated Taylor, we'd done a recognisably Sean-Dyche-era-Burnley job of keeping them at arms length, scrambling well and hanging tough - and actually, we'd finished the first half getting somewhere close to parity.

But after the second goal, the third came before we'd recovered our composure - which is itself pretty unforgiveable - and that suggests the leadership on the pitch needs a bit of refocussing. To see a player as experienced as Defour sarcastically applauding the ref before the corner from which City's third came was not good to see and I suspect it contributed to that goal. After that, it was damaging limitation, not helped by some slightly odd and unnecessary-looking rejigging of the personnel and formation, and until the last 5 minutes, we once again did that OK.

Anyway, lets take the positives out of the first half and try and replicate that against Chelsea - if we do, we'll give them a game.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:03 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:Hart 6
Lowton 6
Tarks 7
Mee 7
Taylor 4
Lennon 3 appalling atrocious abysmal again
Cork 7
Defour 7*
Hendrick 5
JBG 5
Vokes 6

Westwood 5
Wood 4
Barnes 4
Most people would die for a quadruple A rating.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:Hart 7

Atrocious performance against one of the best sides in the world, I watched Newcastle play against them a few weeks ago and they really give them a game, took the lead, defended well and lost 2-1, we just weren't at it again today. Defensively all over the place, 0 shots on goal and a complete lack of desire or effort from more than 3 or 4 players. Right back to the negative bullcrap with Hendrick starting, boring.
Go on entertain us - which 3 or 4 players weren’t trying ?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:27 pm

TVC15 wrote:Go on entertain us - which 3 or 4 players weren’t trying ?
How about you find some form of entertainment elsewhere and stick to the topic at hand, give your player ratings and don't worry about my analysis of the game.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:How about you find some form of entertainment elsewhere and stick to the topic at hand, give your player ratings and don't worry about my analysis of the game.
How about you just answer the question and substantiate your dumb f-uckwitt comments that more than a third of our team was not trying.
It’s a topic which is about players performance - if you post stupid comments then be prepared to be questioned on it. If I posted that all our players were brilliant and we deserved to win I am pretty sure there would be people commenting on my ratings.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:41 pm

TVC15 wrote:How about you just answer the question and substantiate your dumb f-uckwitt comments that more than a third of our team was not trying.
It’s a topic which is about players performance - if you post stupid comments then be prepared to be questioned on it. If I posted that all our players were brilliant and we deserved to win I am pretty sure there would be people commenting on my ratings.
You can have your opinion, I'll have mine, now lets not turn it into a slanging match for the sake of it.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm

No slanging match needed.
Seriously you have said 3 or 4 players were not trying. To have formed that opinion you must know which players. I went to the game and so with my own eyes the effort our players put in today. You think you saw something different.

Having different opinions is fine. Players playing poorly is fine. Saying a player is not trying is pretty extreme and rare - and for a manager and player it’s got to be a real low point to have a player accused of this.

To have a team with 3 or 4 players not trying is extremely damning.....the kind of thing the TV and media would jump on and highlight.

Having an opinion is not an excuse for just making stuff up - irrespective of whether you hate the manager or not.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Hart 7
Lowton 7
Tarkowski 7
Mee 7
Taylor 5
JBG 7
Cork 7
Defour 8
Lennon 6
Hendrick 8*
Vokes 6

subs all 5

Hopefully this one won’t get deleted when every man and his dog starts to pull my ratings apart.

Good performance overall and certainly not a five nil. The City team has a few of the best players ever to grace the prem and we were well in the game until the second goal

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 pm

David Jones: 8
Taylor and Wood: -2705 because they used to play for Leeds

Get Heaton in the team as well because Joe Hart didn’t defy the laws of physics and save all of those goals.

*just reposting this since it was obviously too offensive to our totally competent moderators the first time

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Hart 7 some good saves
Lowton 6
Tarkowski 7 solid, some great blocks
Mee 7
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Cork 6 silly booking again, lost the ball a fair bit
Defour 7 his class shines through, get up to speed quick please
Lennon 5 nothing of note
Hendrick 6
Vokes 6

I'm not going to bang on about the 2nd goal, as City could and should have been out of sight.
Aguero managed to miss 3 sitters from about 6 yards out first half.

We set up to keep it respectable, however we didn't manage it.
The performance was certainly an improvement on Wolves away, however we really do need to start either believing in ourselves, or simply giving it a go.
Setting up for 0-0, or damage limitation isn't really a great watch.

It was a free hit, as is next week, but we really do need to start finding some form, I'd settle for a performance to be honest.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Hart 7
Defour 7

Everyone else 5

Fair do's Citeh are a far superior side but beggar me the way we capitulated 2nd half was disappointing even if the killer 2nd goal was a bit questionable.

First time in 40+ years I have ever left any Burnley game before the final whistle so suppose I'll have to mark myself a 5 as well :-(

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 am

claretspice wrote:Not as bad as the final scoreline suggested, and there were some positive sides, although we were well beaten.

Hart - 6 - thought he made one superb save first half, and one good one, but in truth apart from that he wasn't greatly extended and he was as culpable as anyone for the second goal - he didn't switch off entirely, but he did make a ridiculous decision to leave his goal for a ball he hadn't got a hope of winning, and made the chance an awful lot easier for City. Also thought he might have done better with City's fourth, and possibly fifth goals.

Lowton - 7 - Apart from being one of those guilty of a dereliction of duty for the second goal, he did OK defensively, and used the ball well enough when he got chance.

Taylor - 6 - Another to get caught daydreaming for the second goal, and whilst he hung in OK, at times he was hopelessly exposed by Mahrez and I thought he might have done better for the opening goal.

Tarkowski - 8 - once again, guilty of neglect for the second goal, and guilty of one sloppy lapse, but otherwise very good.

Mee - 8 - Best he's played in a while, just a shame that he was yet another who switched off appallingly for the killer second.

Cork - 6 - guilty for the second goal, etc. (can you spot a theme yet?), and possibly a bit lucky the penalty wasn't given just before as it might have led to a second yellow card, but generally he was a lot more assertive than he has been in recent weeks, which hopefully augurs well for the next couple of months.

Defour - 5 - Showed his class occasionally, but in truth his rustiness also showed through occasionally.

Hendrick - 7 - Showed great feet and composure under pressure a number of times and was central to much of our better play, although he didn't seem to know exactly what he was doing when he went out wide.

JBG - 5 - Had some bright and breezy moments, and carried a flickering threat, but truth be told he made bad decisions on too many occasions today.

Lennon - 6 - Got through a ton of work, and did a huge job in protecting Taylor against Mahrez, and gave us a bit of a threat on the counter attack.

Vokes - 5- Being up front alone is tough on these days, and it doesn't bring the best out of Vokes because he's at his best when he's got someone supporting him who can play off his flicks and passes, but he kept going. Probably should have scored early on and at this level, those three quarter chances have to go in to give us a chance.

Westwood - 5 - Not sure the change worked, and he wasn't terrible but he wasn't very effective either.

Wood - 5 - See Westwood.

When you go to somewhere like City, you need the breaks to go for you, and you need to keep your concentration and not make silly errors. We probably didn't get the breaks today (the second goal is a touch unlucky even if it might have been a penalty originally, and Kompany probably should have walked before most of us had made it to our seats), but whilst we generally played OK, we didn't keep our side of the bargain and the second goal involved the sort of collective brain fade that is inexcusable in under-11s football, let alone away at City in the Premier League. Individual errors happen, but for 5 outfield players and one goalkeeper to all make such a basic error renders the complaints about the decisions a little bit churlish.

The frustrating thing is that up until then, we'd done fine. City had had 3 very good chances, and had scored from 1; we'd had one of our own when Vokes headed over after Kompany's studs up, knee high challenge. For all they'd had loads of the ball and all the territory, and carried a threat especially when they isolated Taylor, we'd done a recognisably Sean-Dyche-era-Burnley job of keeping them at arms length, scrambling well and hanging tough - and actually, we'd finished the first half getting somewhere close to parity.

But after the second goal, the third came before we'd recovered our composure - which is itself pretty unforgiveable - and that suggests the leadership on the pitch needs a bit of refocussing. To see a player as experienced as Defour sarcastically applauding the ref before the corner from which City's third came was not good to see and I suspect it contributed to that goal. After that, it was damaging limitation, not helped by some slightly odd and unnecessary-looking rejigging of the personnel and formation, and until the last 5 minutes, we once again did that OK.

Anyway, lets take the positives out of the first half and try and replicate that against Chelsea - if we do, we'll give them a game.
You gave our centre halves 8 in a 5 nil defeat?

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You gave our centre halves 8 in a 5 nil defeat?
Typo, must be.

claretgilly
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by claretgilly » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 am

All 6, but Tarkowski 7 - for what it’s worth. Not sure what anybody expected today. They are the pinnacle of what we have and will come up against at this level and folk start suggesting we didn’t try. Why do you even bother going.

The fact some are bypassing the importance of that farcical killer 2nd goal is also frustrating. Yes they murdered us in the end but the argument that they scored 5 anyway doesn’t hold. The longer we stay in the game the harder it gets for them. Only we can be on the wrong end of 3 decisions in the space of about 3 seconds - dive, offside, out of play.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:24 am

Hibsclaret wrote:Hart 7
Lowton 7
Tarkowski 7
Mee 7
Taylor 5
JBG 7
Cork 7
Defour 8
Lennon 6
Hendrick 8*
Vokes 6

subs all 5

Hopefully this one won’t get deleted when every man and his dog starts to pull my e goalsratings apart.

Good performance overall and certainly not a five nil. The City team has a few of the best players ever to grace the prem and we were well in the game until the second goal
The best synopsis of the game although I would give Hart a lower rating on account of him letting in five goals. Heaton would have saved a couple of them.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3749 times
Has Liked: 7520 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:39 am

Hart 7
Lowton 6
Tarks 7
Mee 6
Taylor 6

Gudmundsson 6
Defour 6
Cork 6
Lennon 5
Hendrick 6
Vokes 5

Westwood 6
Wood 5

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 am

Only 1 person has given Taylor the lowest mark in their ratings.

What a whopper, on the plus side paddy power are paying out 2 games in advance on him doing it each week so get on granted the price is only 1/100 but still it’s profit.

Sounds more like a dumped 13 yr old kid every week
This user liked this post: MRG

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You gave our centre halves 8 in a 5 nil defeat?
I've looked back on this and dropped the mark for Mee. I thought both our centre backs stood up well to the task and generally we did OK - we probably conceded less chances yesterday than (for example) we did in getting a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford this time two years ago. But we had two lapses - one for the 2nd goal, and that knocked on into the third because we'd not got our heads sorted again, and then right at the end for the fifth. Apart from that, I thought we defended well, generally under considerable pressure, so I think both centre backs deserve credit for this (if not perhaps quite as much as I was offering last night).

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:27 am

A strange game because we did ok in patches. The second goal was the killer though and we collectively appeared to lose our heads thereafter.
We keep on conceding goals though from the wide areas through crosses coming into our box where the crosser is given far too much time to pick out any ball they want or the edge of our box where again we appear this season to be slow to get out and close the opposition down

Hart 8
Lowton 5
Tarkowski 6
Mee 5
Taylor 5
JBG 6
Defour 6
Cork 6
Lennon 5
Hendrick 6
Vokes 6

Westwood 5
Wood 4

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:11 pm

claretspice wrote:I've looked back on this and dropped the mark for Mee. I thought both our centre backs stood up well to the task and generally we did OK - we probably conceded less chances yesterday than (for example) we did in getting a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford this time two years ago. But we had two lapses - one for the 2nd goal, and that knocked on into the third because we'd not got our heads sorted again, and then right at the end for the fifth. Apart from that, I thought we defended well, generally under considerable pressure, so I think both centre backs deserve credit for this (if not perhaps quite as much as I was offering last night).
Normally find myself agreeing with many of your posts spice and I must admit I’ve only watched the game on sky sports extended highlights but I find Tarks getting an 8 generous considering he atleast twice looses sight of his man (aguero then silva) from crosses which lead to glorious opportunities for them.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 pm

KlyBfc wrote:Normally find myself agreeing with many of your posts spice and I must admit I’ve only watched the game on sky sports extended highlights but I find Tarks getting an 8 generous considering he atleast twice looses sight of his man (aguero then silva) from crosses which lead to glorious opportunities for them.
Admittedly Sky criticised Tarks for at least one of those, but i thought Lowton's positioning was the most suspect. For Silva's, Lowts is yards deep of Tarks, and on the other two (which are admittedly fabulous crosses met by a striker whose movement is about the best in the game), Lowts has positioned itself outside the width of the post - and that creates the space Aguerro exploits. This is really beyond my level of knowledge but I'm pretty sure (based on what he's said before) that Dyche wants his full back roughly in line with the back stick when defending crosses from the opposite side.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 pm

claretspice wrote:Admittedly Sky criticised Tarks for at least one of those, but i thought Lowton's positioning was the most suspect. For Silva's, Lowts is yards deep of Tarks, and on the other two (which are admittedly fabulous crosses met by a striker whose movement is about the best in the game), Lowts has positioned itself outside the width of the post - and that creates the space Aguerro exploits. This is really beyond my level of knowledge but I'm pretty sure (based on what he's said before) that Dyche wants his full back roughly in line with the back stick when defending crosses from the opposite side.
All fair enough but as a centre half (and a defender full stop) it is a cardinal sin to lose sight of your man and he does on both of those crosses, however good they are. His positioning has to be better, but maybe he could of been assisted by better communication of his team mates (this point is pure speculation).

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 am

Hart 7
Lowton 6
Tarkowski 7
Mee 6
Taylor 6
Lennon 6
Cork 6
Defour 6
Hendrick 6
Gudmundsson 5
Vokes 6

Westwood 6
Wood 6

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 am

I would have scored in that game if I was given as much space as our Centre halves gave their forwards.
Very poor defending.

Bfcshaun
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfcshaun » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 am

Hart 7- again produced some good saves,however questions remain on communication with back four and also not commanding area.
Lowton 5- given run around and air shot leading up to controversial second goal contributed to flood gates opening.
Tarkowski 5- some good blocks and interceptions but at times allowed aguerro to drift off him.
Mee 4- just doesn't look the same player we know he is.
Taylor 5- steady enough but is not solid defensively.
Cork 3- Did neither in stemming the tide or getting foot on ball.
Defour 5- a couple of good things but was hard for him to return against city. Hopefully will get better with run of games.
Hendrick 5- should have done better with chance in first half but was one of the better midfielders.
Lennon 4- not in game much but not going to be when we don't have enough ball and when we do we inevitably aim to go long to Vokes.
Gudmondson 5- Did ok but one breakaway in first half should have been better.
Vokes 5- needs a striker he can play to. Should have done better with first half header.
Westwood 5- game had gone
Wood 5- should have scored. The only way he will get better or back to last season form is game time.
Barnes 5- as westwood

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am

KRBFC wrote:Hart 7

Newcastle had fewer shots and less possession against City than we had on Saturday. They also conceded the same number of shots as we did.

If only we were more like Newcastle.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:40 am

They were also heavily criticised for the way they set up.