Post match interviews v City (updated with full post match)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post match interviews v City (updated with full post match)

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Last edited by Vegas Claret on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Post match interviews v City

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Moan, moan, moan. He's becoming more like Gordon Strachan all the time in his post match interviews

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Don't agree I thought it was a good interview
These 3 users liked this post: bfcjg longsidepies whiffa

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:56 pm

I think he comes across well and is positive in the main. He knows we need more and hopefully Brady will be another bit in the jigsaw.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Moan, moan, moan.
Bit like you then!
These 4 users liked this post: bfcjg Juan Tanamera TVC15 simonclaret

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 pm

I learnt to play to whistle at 6 years old Dyche

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Moan, moan, moan. He's becoming more like Gordon Strachan all the time in his post match interviews
if those key decisions were bad ones - and i will need to see them back - he's bound to focus on them like every manager in the land would.
These 3 users liked this post: bfcjg Juan Tanamera SussexDon1inIreland

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

He's got a right to challenge those decisions, but we need to affect a game more than we do.
This user liked this post: claretfern

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Leisure wrote:Bit like you then!
Nope I hardly ever moan as its not that important to me. I just have an opinion and try to form my opinion from an objective position which some of the obsessive fans on here struggle to comprehend

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Seems a correct assessment of the game to me
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland longsidepies

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Nope I hardly ever moan as its not that important to me.
Yeah, right!

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:11 pm

taio wrote:if those key decisions were bad ones - and i will need to see them back - he's bound to focus on them like every manager in the land would.
I dont think the Kompany challenge was a red and think Dyche would have bemoaned the ref just as much had Tarks got a red for a similar challenge.

He's also accusing an opposition player of Diving and Sane didnt look to dive for me and that is poor from Dyche

I agree with you that he's bound to focus on them and be biased like every other manager but I dott like it when other managers do it as dont most posters on here. Difference is my view is objective and consistant whilst others on here just seem to accept and defend it when it is Dyche

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I dont think the Kompany challenge was a red and think Dyche would have bemoaned the ref just as much had Tarks got a red for a similar challenge.

He's also accusing an opposition player of Diving and Sane didnt look to dive for me and that is poor from Dyche

I agree with you that he's bound to focus on them and be biased like every other manager but I dott like it when other managers do it as dont most posters on here. Difference is my view is objective and consistant whilst others on here just seem to accept and defend it when it is Dyche
said on another thread I didn't think moss did a lot wrong but i didnt have a great view of the incidents and have yet to see replays. in terms of your so-called objectivity it's odd how far you try to take the opposite view. i agree you're consistent with it though, tiresomly so
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera SussexDon1inIreland jtv

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2177 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I dont think the Kompany challenge was a red and think Dyche would have bemoaned the ref just as much had Tarks got a red for a similar challenge.

You're the first person that's claimed the Kompany challenge wasn't a red... well, I guess there's always one :roll:
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:18 pm

fidelcastro wrote:You're the first person that's claimed the Kompany challenge wasn't a red... well, I guess there's always one :roll:
Im positive I would be one of many had the foul been committed by Tarks on Mahrez

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Im positive I would be one of many had the foul been committed by Tarks on Mahrez
But it wasn't, so that's a complete irrelevance.

Stop attention seeking for the sake of it, please.

:roll:
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:24 pm

taio wrote:said on another thread I didn't think moss did a lot wrong but i didnt have a great view of the incidents and have yet to see replays. in terms of your so-called objectivity it's odd how far you try to take the opposite view. i agree you're consistent with it though, tiresomly so
I dont try to take the opposite view. I have said im only 60-40 the ball didnt go out and id like to see better replays of it and ive said i suspect the linesman screwed up and it was probably offside. The reason I come across this way is because so many other people see it from the perspective of a supporter (which is fair enough) but im still gonna state my opinion takien from an objective stance. I find 4 things nearly always happen with my views on here

1 If i agree with a decision that is for Burnley pretty much everyone agrees with me
2 If i agree with a decision that goes for the opposition nearly everyone will disagree with me (and often have a go at me)
3 If i disagree with a decision that goes for Burnely nearly everyone will disagree with me (and often have a go at me)
4 If i disagree with a decision that goes for the opposition pretty much everyone agrees with me

There's a pattern to this and it isnt me always taking the opposite view

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1473 times
Has Liked: 633 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:39 pm

taio wrote:said on another thread I didn't think moss did a lot wrong but i didnt have a great view of the incidents and have yet to see replays. in terms of your so-called objectivity it's odd how far you try to take the opposite view. i agree you're consistent with it though, tiresomly so
Playing Devil's Advocate can be tiresome but it's an important part of being objective.

watsonsclarets
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 120 times

Post by watsonsclarets » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I dont try to take the opposite view. I have said im only 60-40 the ball didnt go out and id like to see better replays of it and ive said i suspect the linesman screwed up and it was probably offside. The reason I come across this way is because so many other people see it from the perspective of a supporter (which is fair enough) but im still gonna state my opinion takien from an objective stance. I find 4 things nearly always happen with my views on here

1 If i agree with a decision that is for Burnley pretty much everyone agrees with me
2 If i agree with a decision that goes for the opposition nearly everyone will disagree with me (and often have a go at me)
3 If i disagree with a decision that goes for Burnely nearly everyone will disagree with me (and often have a go at me)
4 If i disagree with a decision that goes for the opposition pretty much everyone agrees with me

There's a pattern to this and it isnt me always taking the opposite view
I agree with you it was not a red and the other way round we would all be up in arms.

Your view about fans perspective is spot on as well (unconscious bias).

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:05 pm

watsonsclarets wrote:I agree with you it was not a red and the other way round we would all be up in arms.

Your view about fans perspective is spot on as well (unconscious bias).
Hardly 'unconscious' on here. A large proportion of posters on these topics can be ignored as they just want decisions given to us whether it's right or wrong or what the laws say.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Im positive I would be one of many had the foul been committed by Tarks on Mahrez
I suspect you're right, but that would have been Burnley fans showing bias. I'm interested to understand what it was about Kompany's challenge that made you think it wasn't worthy of a red card, according to the laws of the game?

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Re: Post match interviews v City (updated with full post match)

Post by Longsidebogs » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Starting to sound a lot like Colin.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I suspect you're right, but that would have been Burnley fans showing bias. I'm interested to understand what it was about Kompany's challenge that made you think it wasn't worthy of a red card, according to the laws of the game?
Fair question and id have to see it again to be certain. In my opinion the ball was bouncing at a funny height and Kompany lifted his foot to make contact to the ball. I think he more was waiting for the ball to come on to him than he was charging into the tackle. I think Lennon was quick to get inbetween Kompany and the ball and with his thigh got to the ball just ahead of Kompany leaving Kompanys boot to catch Lennon. I dont think Kompanys actions were dangerous or intentional and it was more a bit unfortunate ( a bit like when Vokes mashed up the Huddersfield players face last week) and so a yellow seems fair.

If i watch it back and Kompany is more aggressive with his challenge then i'll admit i might be wrong

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Fair question and id have to see it again to be certain. In my opinion the ball was bouncing at a funny height and Kompany lifted his foot to make contact to the ball. I think he more was waiting for the ball to come on to him than he was charging into the tackle. I think Lennon was quick to get inbetween Kompany and the ball and with his thigh got to the ball just ahead of Kompany leaving Kompanys boot to catch Lennon. I dont think Kompanys actions were dangerous or intentional and it was more a bit unfortunate ( a bit like when Vokes mashed up the Huddersfield players face last week) and so a yellow seems fair.

If i watch it back and Kompany is more aggressive with his challenge then i'll admit i might be wrong
It wasn’t intentional but it was without a doubt dangerous. A gash closer to the groin than the knee would suggest the same.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:54 pm

I've not seen much of the game today so can't comment on incidents, but to me it sounds like Sean might have a point. Sky Sports reported that Kompany and Sane could have been red carded and that the 2nd goal was a dive, possibly offside and out of play before they finally scored. What can you do if all those decisions go against you? VAR is the only way to end this and there's a reason the big clubs don't want it... they tend to get the rub of the green!

Turn it all around. Had it been Tarky on Mahrez or Gudmundson on Mendy would they have been red cards? We can't say for sure but it's certainly more likely. And the second goal, would the referee have allowed play to carry on with so many anomalies; again, probably unlikely.

The fact is you need decisions against the big boys. You at least need 50/50 and that doesn't sound like it was the case today.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:It wasn’t intentional but it was without a doubt dangerous. A gash closer to the groin than the knee would suggest the same.
But with that logic then the huddersfield players face being messed up would suggest Vokes challenge was dangerous and a red. I dont think it always follows that a bad challenge leads to a bad injury and vice versa so i think it needs to be the challenge that is judged. Fair enough if you disagree but at least youve been able to discuss it reasonably with me

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:But with that logic then the huddersfield players face being messed up would suggest Vokes challenge was dangerous and a red. I dont think it always follows that a bad challenge leads to a bad injury and vice versa so i think it needs to be the challenge that is judged. Fair enough if you disagree but at least youve been able to discuss it reasonably with me
They changed the laws regarding a red card some time ago. It just has to be reckless to a red card, which it was by Kompany.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:But with that logic then the huddersfield players face being messed up would suggest Vokes challenge was dangerous and a red. I dont think it always follows that a bad challenge leads to a bad injury and vice versa so i think it needs to be the challenge that is judged. Fair enough if you disagree but at least youve been able to discuss it reasonably with me
If Vokes had been sent off then there couldn’t really have been any complaints. It would have been unfortunate, as it would for Kompany today as there was no intent to harm the opponent, but it is dangerous play nonetheless.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Spijed wrote:They changed the laws regarding a red card some time ago. It just has to be reckless to a red card, which it was by Kompany.
And i dont think it was reckless though i'd like to see again as I am a lone voice on here more so than normal. Its ok to disagree and gave a different view of things though. Do you think Vokes swinging his elbow last week was reckless?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Rileybobs wrote:If Vokes had been sent off then there couldn’t really have been any complaints. It would have been unfortunate, as it would for Kompany today as there was no intent to harm the opponent, but it is dangerous play nonetheless.
I thought they were both yellows but im fine with your logic and if others thought the same I wouldnt be on here. It is the people who think Sams was just accidental and Kompanys was reckless but would have a completely different view if the rolews were reversed whose opinions I challenge and disagree with

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Fair question and id have to see it again to be certain. In my opinion the ball was bouncing at a funny height and Kompany lifted his foot to make contact to the ball. I think he more was waiting for the ball to come on to him than he was charging into the tackle. I think Lennon was quick to get inbetween Kompany and the ball and with his thigh got to the ball just ahead of Kompany leaving Kompanys boot to catch Lennon. I dont think Kompanys actions were dangerous or intentional and it was more a bit unfortunate ( a bit like when Vokes mashed up the Huddersfield players face last week) and so a yellow seems fair.

It doesn't matter. He made contact, studs first, with an opponents thigh-cum-knee, and did so in a challenge in which both players ended up on the deck. Its a red, and its the sort of tackle that Guardiola goes nuts about.

I think Dyche broadly calls the game about right in those interviews. Fair comments all round.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Do you think Vokes swinging his elbow last week was reckless?
I'd say it was, especially when jumping like that.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:08 pm

What an absolutely dumb comment to make.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Spijed wrote:I'd say it was, especially when jumping like that.
Fair enough we have different views but yours is consistent so no probs with me

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm

claretspice wrote:It doesn't matter. He made contact, studs first, with an opponents thigh-cum-knee, and did so in a challenge in which both players ended up on the deck. Its a red, and its the sort of tackle that Guardiola goes nuts about.

I think Dyche broadly calls the game about right in those interviews. Fair comments all round.
As said i'd like to see it again as my recollection may be a bit off. But if noone has control of the ball and the ball is knee height and Kompany raises his foot to make contact and Lennon pushes his thigh onto the ball and they both make contact with each other I dont see that as a red. As Lennon got there first its our foul and as his boot was high it can be classed as dangerous as opposed to reckless so a yellow fair. If Kompany made movement towards the ball with his studs showing and was late resulting in catching Lennon then i'll think again

As for Dyche calling the game fair do you think it was fair for a manager to openly criticise an opposition player for diving when no way is it a clear dive and Dyche cant possibly k now for sure. How would you feel if the Huddersfield manager started labeling Vokes a violent thug in his post match press conference last week because he though Vokes intentionally elbowed his player

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 pm

If Dyche thinks Sane cheated (and he clearly did think he cheated) then it’s absolutely fine to call this out in an interview.

Maybe Wagner did not say that about Vokes last week because he did not agree with your version of it. When are you going to learn that your opinion can be wrong.

Dyche has made his views on diving very clear. Do you seriously think he is not going to call this out when he thinks a player has cheated. He called this out in his interview after Huddersfield and he said it again today....he said it because in his view it happened.

Why the f-uck are you so keen to criticise Dyche for “moaning” and happy to support opposition cheats ? Of all the managers in the league Dyche is one of the calmest and articulate in his post match interviews.

It’s pathetic to come on to this board and have a go at Dyche like you have for that interview.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Go and argue with Eddie TVC15 he's more on your level and will keep you out of trouble for a few days

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:As said i'd like to see it again as my recollection may be a bit off. But if noone has control of the ball and the ball is knee height and Kompany raises his foot to make contact and Lennon pushes his thigh onto the ball and they both make contact with each other I dont see that as a red. As Lennon got there first its our foul and as his boot was high it can be classed as dangerous as opposed to reckless so a yellow fair. If Kompany made movement towards the ball with his studs showing and was late resulting in catching Lennon then i'll think again

As for Dyche calling the game fair do you think it was fair for a manager to openly criticise an opposition player for diving when no way is it a clear dive and Dyche cant possibly k now for sure. How would you feel if the Huddersfield manager started labeling Vokes a violent thug in his post match press conference last week because he though Vokes intentionally elbowed his player
Kompany caught Lennon square with his studs. Theres a still photo of this on the club twitter feed. Whether hes late or not is then irrelevant- hes gone in for a tackle in a way that has the potential to cause injury. Hes been reckless as to the risk. Its almost the dictionary definition of reckless. The fact Lennon was able to get the ball without slamming his studs forward shows there was another way. If Kompany wasnt able to get close enough to address the ball the same way, he's lunging and shouldn't be making the tackle at all.

Im not sure i follow your point re Vokes. The comparison with Vokes' elbow doesn't get off first base because Vokes clearly didn't know the defender was so close and didn't jump for the ball in a way that was at all unusual - as the defender readily acknowledged. Its tbe difference between clumsiness and recklessness.

Finally, Dyche said Sane went down easily. We can debate that but presumably the ref agreed because he waved play on, and without addressing why he thinks it wasnt a pen, Dyche cant really explain why he thinks the goal was hard on Burnley. So again, its completely different to Wagner last week.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Pic
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (194.29 KiB) Viewed 4186 times

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Pic

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Go and argue with Eddie TVC15 he's more on your level and will keep you out of trouble for a few days
Great stuff cheers.
Your level is what ? KRBFC ?

I used to think you posted sh-it to live up to username. But now it’s obvious you simply just post sh-it

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Pic

The difference is that Ashley had got the ball first, Kompany didn't

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Im not comparing the two but just showing that using a still pic to make a judgement isnt a good idea. I think I may be proved wrong on this but I'll judge it when we can see the proper replays and footage of it

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:38 pm

claretspice wrote:. Hes been reckless as to the risk. Its almost the dictionary definition of reckless.
The FA deem a reckless tackle to be a cautionable offence. For red it needs to be deemed serious foul play

Definition of this i can find is:

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I dont think we are gonna agree on this one as unless the tackle is very different to how I remember no way do I think Kompanys tackle meets this criteria and is more as you have stated the dictionary definition of a reckless tackle and therefore a yellow card.

I will reserve full judgement until i see it again as you all seem so certain

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

The fact that Lennon needed stitches (according to SD) would certainly fall into the 'endangering an opponent' category.

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Anyone saying that the Kompany challenge isn’t a red card in today’s world is off their nut. Simple.
Last edited by Richardsbfc on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Spijed wrote:The fact that Lennon needed stitches (according to SD) would certainly fall into the 'endangering an opponent' category.
You can end up with stitches in all sorts of situations. Endangering opponent means really endangering like breaking legs, smashing up someones knee or eye sockets or knocking people out. Pretty much all strong football challenges could endanger an opponent by your definition but this is talking about serious foul play and using excessive force.

You need to read it in context of all the different ranges of offences and as ive said at worst Kompany was reckless lifting his foot high. If however the replay shows Kompany to lunge in with excessive force rather than just catching Lennon I will accept it should have been a red

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Yawn Dyche, never his fault or the players, always the referee's fault when we don't win, booooooooooooring.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Endangering opponent means really endangering like breaking legs, smashing up someones knee or eye sockets or knocking people out.
Haha - are you for real ?
Is that an actual serious definition you have just come up with ?

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:Yawn Dyche, never his fault or the players, always the referee's fault when we don't win, booooooooooooring.
I don't believe Dyche has said we'd have won if it hadn't have been for the 'decisions'.

I think he was indicating how the big clubs tend to get these said decisions to go in their favour.

Still, never mind, your hero Pep won another game, so you'll be a happy chappy tonight! :P