Sean Dyche...the we want him to stay thread!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: Sean Dyche...the we want him to stay thread!

Post by northernpowerhouse » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Too right. The only way he goes is if he's lost the dressing room.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:43 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:The only way he goes is if he's lost the dressing room.
If he's lost the dressing room then surely the simple answer to that is to have a sign that says "Dressing room this way" in big neon lights!
This user liked this post: dsr

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

It'll all be sorted once we get a new midfield installed. Cork has had his day. Sad, but true. Same story as Wardy. We all move on eventually, but we should never forget the good times.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Do we need this thread really? Can we not just assume that all sensible people want him to stay, and just make the Dyche out imbeciles opt in via threads on social media?
This user liked this post: Spijed

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:43 pm

ontario claret wrote:It'll all be sorted once we get a new midfield installed. Cork has had his day. Sad, but true. Same story as Wardy. We all move on eventually, but we should never forget the good times.
Or perhaps Cork is just out of form

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:11 am

Damo wrote:Do we need this thread really? Can we not just assume that all sensible people want him to stay......

I started the thread in response to several negative threads calling for Sean to go. I thought it was time for some positive voices of support and have been pleased that I am not alone in thinking Sean is still the right man for BFC. One positive thread too much to ask for?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 am

ontario claret wrote:It'll all be sorted once we get a new midfield installed. Cork has had his day. Sad, but true. Same story as Wardy. We all move on eventually, but we should never forget the good times.
It’s a good job our manager is not as fickle as you then.
What are you basing your conclusion on that Cork and Ward are finished ?

Please don’t tell me it’s this seasons poor form as that means pretty much all of our team are ready for the nackers yard.

This is the same Cork who got picked for England last year and who was one of the players of the season. Based on the amount of effort and running Cork put in last Monday I don’t think he’s given up yet. Not everything came off for him but he had an excellent first half and could not have put in any more effort. We need players like Cork who are not scared of showing for the ball and trying to regain their confidence and form.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Cork is knackered, not past it. Just think about how many minutes he's played since joining the club. He basically plays every minute of every game when available... which up until last week has been every week since he signed.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:44 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:I started the thread in response to several negative threads calling for Sean to go. I thought it was time for some positive voices of support and have been pleased that I am not alone in thinking Sean is still the right man for BFC. One positive thread too much to ask for?
Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you or your thread.
It was aimed at the Dyche out brigade

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:45 pm

jlup1980 wrote:Cork is knackered, not past it. Just think about how many minutes he's played since joining the club. He basically plays every minute of every game when available... which up until last week has been every week since he signed.
Last year, Cork played 41 games for Burnley. Just for comparison purposes, that's 20 less than Graham Alexander played in 2008-09.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:32 pm

dsr wrote:Last year, Cork played 41 games for Burnley. Just for comparison purposes, that's 20 less than Graham Alexander played in 2008-09.
Although I get the point you're making I'm not sure it's a great comparison. Grezzer used to sit front of the back four and didn't cover anywhere near as much ground as Jack Cork does. He's consistently at the top end for distance covered in the PL. He's bound to hit a wall at some point. Maybe it's more a case of allowing him to sit in like Grezzer used to do because he's clearly still got a lot to offer us.