Remember ....

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Remember ....

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Coyle left us in a right mess...no loyalty he let us sink...so he thought! Sean Dyche is struggling with things at present he and we know it but he's Shown loyalty. We give it back to him or suffer the consequences utc!!
These 25 users liked this post: spadesclaret South West Claret. depechedingle jdrobbo cricketfieldclarets Bosscat whiffa Damo BertiesBeehole Wile E Coyote Rick_Muller gawthorpe_view scouseclaret conyoviejo Down_Rover Rarosdiablo Turftalkers mentor Dark Cloud Ptangyangkipperbang LoveCurryPies bfcjg RalphCoatesComb CombatClaret Dodobdobodobo ten bellies

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: Remember ....

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:26 pm

tim_noone wrote:Coyle left us in a right mess...no loyalty he let us sink...so he thought! Sean Dyche is struggling with things at present he and we know it but he's Shown loyalty. We give it back to him or suffer the consequences utc!!
A sensible post at last.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Turftalkers mentor

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:27 pm

tim_noone wrote:Coyle left us in a right mess...no loyalty he let us sink...so he thought! Sean Dyche is struggling with things at present he and we know it but he's Shown loyalty. We give it back to him or suffer the consequences utc!!
Alternatively, we knew far better than the rest of English football when we burned our hand with Cotterill and twisted with Coyle. Loyalty is a Virtue, but so is Decisiveness.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by IndigoLake » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm not against being loyal to a manager if I see enough on the pitch to warrant it. If we were losing but putting in performances, I'd be convinced the manager could turn it round with some time and luck. I haven't seen anything close to that.
These 5 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin Lord Beamish depechedingle TsarBomba Turfytop

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm

IndigoLake wrote:I'm not against being loyal to a manager if I see enough on the pitch to warrant it. If we were losing but putting in performances, I'd be convinced the manager could turn it round with some time and luck. I haven't seen anything close to that.
Give him the time... The Luck will come if not que sera.... I always regret "Adamson out" Sean Dyche his stock high stayed loyal to Burnley we can Afford him the same! UTC!
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Turftalkers mentor

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 pm

How has he shown loyalty? Which club have come in for him that he's turn down due to loyalty to Burnley Football Club?
These 2 users liked this post: Royboyclaret Turfytop

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Agree completely. Said on another post.

Im still pro dyche. And we need to get behind him.

When there was talk of everton we were up in arms. And we often question loyalty in football. Especially when players or managers walk out for better jobs. With hindsight Dyche may think he shouldve done that. When his stock was at its highest.

But it works both ways. Now things are on the slide, we need to step up. Back the manager. And the players. Through thick and thin.

That all said, he needs to sort stuff out and soon. Its easier to drop out of this league than it is to get back. Leeds, Forest, Sheff Weds, Portsmouth, Villa, Rovers, Bolton are all testament to that.

It doesnt look good right now. But the fans are needed more than ever.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1274 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:55 pm

tim_noone wrote:Give him the time... The Luck will come if not que sera.... I always regret "Adamson out" Sean Dyche his stock high stayed loyal to Burnley we can Afford him the same! UTC!
I'd say he's already had the time.

Far more time than he would have been afforded at any other Premier League club.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm

He was never offered the Everton job, it never happened.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 pm

What are the consequences ?

They may be good or bad.

I understand the loyalty, that is to be applauded. The bit I don't get is the belief that everything will turn out OK, relegated or not. For me it is now clear the close knit we are all in this together, which incidentally Cardiff now possess, has disappeared. That is something which can't be rectified. Its something you build up, not something you rebuild.
Only a new manager with a fresh start can build a team.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:I'd say he's already had the time.

Far more time than he would have been afforded at any other Premier League club.
But we aren't any other premier league club..were Burnley! The Man was clearly hurting on MOTD last night.were in it together end of!!
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Bosscat

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:I'd say he's already had the time.

Are we any other PL club? we Don't have the income / investment than others. Let's spend a pot of the cash on potting Dyche and bringing in Paul Cook.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:He was never offered the Everton job, it never happened.
Who said he was offered the Everton Job??

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 pm

tim_noone wrote:Who said he was offered the Everton Job??
It was suggested by cricketfieldclaret above.

I just don't see how you can praise his loyalty when that loyalty hasn't been tested.

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:08 pm

NL Claret wrote:Are we any other PL club? we Don't have the income / investment than others. Let's spend a pot of the cash on potting Dyche and bringing in Paul Cook.
Now you're talking.

And, by the way, I don't need a lesson from you on our levels of Income.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:12 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:It was suggested by cricketfieldclaret above.

I just don't see how you can praise his loyalty when that loyalty hasn't been tested.
Don't believe everything cricket fields says....
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Bosscat

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:22 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:It was suggested by cricketfieldclaret above.

Everyone was bricking it everytime any other job came up. From everton to palace to leicester to even bloody forest.

He could easily have made it known he wanted any of them.

Football fans are as fickle as anything. The minute hes struggling and so many happy to see the back of him.

Hes had 4 out of 5 excellent seasons with us. Hes more than earnt our backing in the sixth.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:24 pm

It was widely reported he had agreed to join Sunderland but then at the last minute Dick Advocart decided to stay another year so he never went. Dyche has been richly rewarded whilst at Burnley,and rightly so.
Its not working at the moment and I dont think he can fix it.
Perhaps the players need to hear a new voice with new ideas and new approach. All good things come to an end sometime and I think his time is up,
I dont want him to overstay and tarnish the incredible work he has done over the past 6 years.
I thought last night’s interview was the 1st time I had seen him flustered in front of the media,
If he stays and keeps us up from here,it will surpass everything else he has done before.
I actually feel quite sad writing this,the end of an era.
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:And, by the way, I don't need a lesson from you on our levels of Income.
Wow.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Now you're talking.

And, by the way, I don't need a lesson from you on our levels of Income.
I missed that lesson, must have been very short.

Have you considered been less touchy? You might find you enjoy it.

Here endeth the lesson.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Loyalty :lol: He’s not working here for free y’know

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Davemanu as been very quiet of late I wonder what his thoughts are on the current situation..?

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:09 pm

2018Nwodgniog wrote:I've never seen supporters so divided since Kean with Rovers..
Possibly only on this Board.... The proof of the pudding will be on Wednesday. I think there will be great support for the team and Sean dyche of that I have no doubt......whatever the result.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

tim_noone wrote:Possibly only on this Board.... The proof of the pudding will be on Wednesday. I think there will be great support for the team and Sean dyche of that I have no doubt......whatever the result.
I hope you are right.
Its one thing having a winge and a moan on here, its a place to vent one's frustration, but on the Turf it should be support for the team and manager. Anything else is negative and disruptive.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Dark Cloud

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am

Just to expand on this. When Coyle left we were in desperate straits and the best candidate who applied for the job was Brian Laws. What makes anyone think there will be a better candidate this time around.

When the Adamson Out brigade had their way we ended up with Joe Brown, slipped to Division 4 and had to wait 15 years for a proper manager who also fell foul to fans pressure.

Sacking Dyche achieves nothing and if I were Mrs Dyche I would be looking for an asbestos suit in the Xmas sales

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Down_Rover wrote:Just to expand on this. When Coyle left we were in desperate straits and the best candidate who applied for the job was Brian Laws. What makes anyone think there will be a better candidate this time around.

When the Adamson Out brigade had their way we ended up with Joe Brown, slipped to Division 4 and had to wait 15 years for a proper manager who also fell foul to fans pressure.

Sacking Dyche achieves nothing and if I were Mrs Dyche I would be looking for an asbestos suit in the Xmas sales
I thought Brian Laws was made the scapegoat and wasn't his first game against coyle at the reebok? On the Jimmy Adamson out era it wasn't that long after our European adventures we'd become spoiled.sound familiar?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 pm

I went to that game at the Reebok and I'm sure it wasn't Laws' first game. I think his first might have been Manure away when we played pretty well for a while and could easily have taken the lead, but Nugent fluffed it and we went down 3-0? After that we played Chelsea at home and were excellent and a bit unlucky to lose 2-1. After that it all becomes something of a nighmarish, foggy blur with the figure of Fredrick Nimani trotting out to make his debut as a sub at the Reebok and it was then we all realised immediately our time was up!!

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 pm

tim_noone wrote:I thought Brian Laws was made the scapegoat and wasn't his first game against coyle at the reebok? On the Jimmy Adamson out era it wasn't that long after our European adventures we'd become spoiled.sound familiar?
What European adventures were these regarding Adamson?

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Down_Rover wrote:Just to expand on this. When Coyle left we were in desperate straits and the best candidate who applied for the job was Brian Laws. What makes anyone think there will be a better candidate this time around.

So slipping down to Div 4 had nothing to do with the Board , sound familiar

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm

tim_noone wrote:I thought Brian Laws was made the scapegoat and wasn't his first game against coyle at the reebok? On the Jimmy Adamson out era it wasn't that long after our European adventures we'd become spoiled.sound familiar?
It's strongly rumoured that some of the players wouldn't try for Laws.
I felt really sorry for him, given that poisoned chalice.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:09 pm

joey13 wrote:What European adventures were these regarding Adamson?
They weren't ....but not long after Europe under Potts we were calling for a managers head...which I regret,but that's youth I suppose.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:I went to that game at the Reebok and I'm sure it wasn't Laws' first game. I think his first might have been Manure away when we played pretty well for a while and could easily have taken the lead, but Nugent fluffed it and we went down 3-0? After that we played Chelsea at home and were excellent and a bit unlucky to lose 2-1. After that it all becomes something of a nighmarish, foggy blur with the figure of Fredrick Nimani trotting out to make his debut as a sub at the Reebok and it was then we all realised immediately our time was up!!
I stand corrected.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 pm

tim_noone wrote:They weren't ....but not long after Europe under Potts we were calling for a managers head...which I regret,but that's youth I suppose.
Only 9 years.

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm

joey13 wrote:So slipping down to Div 4 had nothing to do with the Board , sound familiar
Are you just 13 or do you just clutch at straws to justify your opinion?

Different board who clearly contributed, not in part by selecting poor managers and then being trigger happy

This board has got us into the prem and we have spent 5 out of 8 seasons there

Chalk and cheese when comparing boards

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 pm

tim_noone wrote:They weren't ....but not long after Europe under Potts we were calling for a managers head...which I regret,but that's youth I suppose.
The reason Adamson was sacked was lack of investment by the Board Adamson was at odds with Lord and there was only ever going to be one winner there .

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Down_Rover wrote:Are you just 13 or do you just clutch at straws to justify your opinion?

Different board who clearly contributed, not in part by selecting poor managers and then being trigger happy

This board has got us into the prem and we have spent 5 out of 8 seasons there

Chalk and cheese when comparing boards
Explain the lack of investment in the summer then !
According to you it’s all the fans fault

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Only 9 years.
:lol: :lol: yea life started to speed up then. Though we were being hailed as the team of the seventies when Jimmy Adamson took over not long after Europe to be fair.which was his downfall.

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:40 pm

joey13 wrote:The reason Adamson was sacked was lack of investment by the Board Adamson was at odds with Lord and there was only ever going to be one winner there .
To be fair he'd brought in many good players including Newton, Noble, Stevenson, Morgan & Summerbee to name but a few.

The problem was that Adamson was as distressed as the fans with the repeated sales of promising players.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 pm

joey13 wrote:The reason Adamson was sacked was lack of investment by the Board Adamson was at odds with Lord and there was only ever going to be one winner there .
I believe the team of the seventies comment didn't help..... My point is we were quick to call for his head as withS.Dyche now.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:To be fair he'd brought in many good players including Newton, Noble, Stevenson, Morgan & Summerbee to name but a few.

The problem was that Adamson was as distressed as the fans with the repeated sales of promising players.
And the Building of the stands.... Dobbo and taffy Paid for.

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 pm

tim_noone wrote:I believe the team of the seventies comment didn't help..... My point is we were quick to call for his head as withS.Dyche now.
Again that comment came shortly after his appointment in '70. Two seasons later we were back in the First Division and then unfortunate to miss out on Europe after finishing 6th.

In the end, Jan'76, he was effectively forced out by player power.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:53 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:To be fair he'd brought in many good players including Newton, Noble, Stevenson, Morgan & Summerbee to name but a few.

His last season he brought in only Morgan and Summerbee
And Morgan got injured early

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:54 pm

tim_noone wrote:I believe the team of the seventies comment didn't help..... My point is we were quick to call for his head as withS.Dyche now.
I’ve not heard anyone calling for Dyche’s head at a match have you ?

bodge
Been Liked: 725 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by bodge » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 pm

And that is the real positive joey13 as it demonstrates that the match going fans are not attention seeking illogical blow hards with very little sense who understand that the manager is an asset we must keep hold of.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Down_Rover

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 pm

bodge wrote:And that is the real positive joey13 as it demonstrates that the match going fans are not attention seeking illogical blow hards with very little sense who understand that the manager is an asset we must keep hold of.
Perfectly summed up.

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

Absolutely correct Royboy and imo we were already on a slippery slope and Adamson knew it because when you look at the list of players you mentioned (not Noble, but there were others) they were one time "big" players getting towards the end and in many cases being moved on by bigger clubs. Previously we'd not been that sort of club and we'd been growing our own talent and selling at a handsome profit. We were suddenly starting to stock the team with players who had absolutely no sell on value.
For all his (many!!) faults Lord was at least pragmatic and knew that without continually selling our better players we'd never have enough money to compete at the highest levels, but that relied on excellent scouting and finding untapped talent before anybody else did and in that respect our production line suddenly seemed to dry up. Selling your better players is never going to suit any manager because his job and reputation hinges on results so clashes become inevitable.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am

I think he has to have to at least next Christmas. He took us up, so should have the allowance of us going back down.

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I think he has to have to at least next Christmas. He took us up, so should have the allowance of us going back down.
I agree

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:04 pm

I also agree.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:58 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I think he has to have to at least next Christmas. He took us up, so should have the allowance of us going back down.
Ditto