Dyche must sty and we must vocally support that

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Dyche must sty and we must vocally support that

Post by NRC » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 pm

As someone else said on the “Do One” thread there are three choices. Fire Dyche, give him money to spend, or hunker down. I’m in the hunker down camp for the following reasons
1. We’ve had our 6 most successful years in the modern era under his leadership.
2. Off the field has seen structural improvements beyond what a club of our size should be capable of, and his success funded it, and he had the vision to see what was needed. Think of other managers and judge if they could even approach that type of vision
3. He can “commend” a squad to his ideals and type of play...

.....so here’s the thrust of it..... if the players are not playing for him, get rid of them, not him. Show the players who is backed - and it aint’ them....

As long as a very clear statement is made, just watch how quickly players hunker down.

Now, on the field.... we were previously recognized as the club with the least changes to the team. He has clearly judged he has been loyal to players and formation long enough, and has begun to look at plan B. So it didn’t work today but it wasn’t that far off vs Spurs and Arsenal to be fair... it needs a chance. What’s the alternate? More chopping and changing doesn’t fix things.

Stick with the guy, back him to the hilt, and make it clear to the players where the door is, not Dyche....
These 6 users liked this post: South West Claret. dsr spadesclaret mybloodisclaret ClaretnGreen Stalbansclaret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Re: Dyche must sty and we must vocally support that

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 pm

How do we simply " get rid " of players...based on todays performance 9 or 10 need to be got rid of. They are virtually all his signings anyway.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Easier to change 1 man than 23

If your car has been a good runner for years but is starting to fail you do you stick with it or get rid for something fresh?

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 pm

NRC wrote:As someone else said on the “Do One” thread there are three choices. Fire Dyche, give him money to spend, or hunker down. I’m in the hunker down camp for the following reasons
1. We’ve had our 6 most successful years in the modern era under his leadership.
2. Off the field has seen structural improvements beyond what a club of our size should be capable of, and his success funded it, and he had the vision to see what was needed. Think of other managers and judge if they could even approach that type of vision

.....so here’s the thrust of it..... if the players are not playing for him, get rid of them, not him. Show the players who is backed - and it aint’ them....

As long as a very clear statement is made, just watch how quickly players hunker down.

Now, on the field.... we were previously recognized as the club with the least changes to the team. He has clearly judged he has been loyal to players and formation long enough, and has begun to look at plan B. So it didn’t work today but it wasn’t that far off vs Spurs and Arsenal to be fair... it needs a chance. What’s the alternate? More chopping and changing doesn’t fix things.

Stick with the guy, back him to the hilt, and make it clear to the players where the door is, not Dyche....
Can’t disagree with much of that NRC but some on here do need to calm down a bit and get their thinking caps on.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 pm

the idiots have come scurrying out of the gaps in the floorboards again this week, they were silent recently, but feel safe to come scuttling out again after todays defeat.

Ignore them, they are unintelligent maniacs .
Disloyal and ridiculous, dyche has been hindered by factors outside his control. Its obvious he knows what's wrong, and he needs support and backing at ALL levels.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone South West Claret.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:09 pm

NRC wrote:As someone else said on the “Do One” thread there are three choices. Fire Dyche, give him money to spend, or hunker down. I’m in the hunker down camp for the following reasons

That's not how you run a business. If the manager can't motivate his/her staff then they get the boot no matter how successful he/she has been. Last time I checked BFC is being run as a business so the outcome can only be one thing if the owners want it to remain successful
Last edited by Vegas Claret on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: bf2k

NRC

Post by NRC » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:11 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:How do we simply " get rid " of players...based on todays performance 9 or 10 need to be got rid of. They are virtually all his signings anyway.
You don’t need to get rid of 9 or 10, just start with two or three and the message will set in..., and by “get rid” it can mean made available or moved to the U23

1fatclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by 1fatclaret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:13 pm

bf2k wrote:Easier to change 1 man than 23

If your car has been a good runner for years but is starting to fail you do you stick with it or get rid for something fresh?
Or, for a better analogy, if you are the head of an education trust, and one of your very successful head teachers, suddenly experiences a period whereby they have a few off on Long term sick or maternity leave, and their replacements are crap and underperform. Do you sack The headteacher, or do ypu look at your overall recruitment policy and long term strategy.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Simply comparing football as an ordinary business is a big big mistake as many have made so to make that comparison VC does not count in this BFC situation IMHO.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Got my thinking cap well and truly on. Do you or anyone really expect to see a different outcome on Sunday? The seeds have been sown, Sean Dyche doesn't know which way to turn as today's debacle so aptly demonstrated along with his post-match ramblings. As I've said on other threads it's with a heavy heart that I believe his time is up. Too many good memories are in grave danger of being erased if the current shambles is allowed to continue.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Aclaret

claretfern
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 1262 times

Post by claretfern » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:22 pm

His time is up. It happens. Remember the good times.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Despite dyches success no one can defend what has been served up for the last year.
Dyche has been found out it’s as simple as that. He doesn’t have the knowledge, fluidity or courage to manage a premier league football club. We need to pot him to have any hope of avoiding the drop. If we keep him we are guaranteed to fall at the end of the season with a huge hangover going into the new season.

Pay the money and get shut. Get in a BFS to steady the ship then see what the summer brings
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern bf2k

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1939 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Still sticking with him but he needs to make the big calls.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 pm

As above to be honest.

West Ham game he has to get the tactics and the mentality right.

Though today wasn't anywhere near good, when we actually got into Everton they looked shaky. No idea why that wasn't done from the start.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 pm

The fact that some are calling for our manager to be changed need to stop reacting emotionally in my view.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 pm

He needs better players. We started a PL game against Everton with a front two of Vokes and Barnes, every single senior winger either injured or not match fit, and our best CM injured. And this has been the story most of the season. I'm not exactly happy and I'm not clapping anything - in fact I bloody hate football right now - but even Pep would struggle with that hand.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Dyche is one of the best managers wev had for years. We need to back him and hope the players we have get us to where we need to be. If not and we go down so be it. Dyche is still the right man for us
This user liked this post: South West Claret.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:the idiots have come scurrying out of the gaps in the floorboards again this week, they were silent recently, but feel safe to come scuttling out again after todays defeat.

Disloyal and ridiculous, dyche has been hindered by factors outside his control. Its obvious he knows what's wrong, and he needs support and backing at ALL levels.
He's had his backing, Rodriguez or Dawson would not have fixed this team, I'd argue Gibson was a better proposition than Dawson anyway. The players Dyche has signed have slowly made the team worse, he inherited a squad with some genuine quality from Howe, added some good hard working players with experience but has continued in this vain till sadly, the quality and youth has dried up.

The team and football are going backwards.

I thank Mr Dyche for the amazing moments but I want this club to try and survive rather than be content with going down and trying again, 5he championship gets harder each year.

Finally, the fans are split, i think it will take a new man to bring us together again, being the 12th man is vital for us.
Last edited by Conroy92 on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
.... unintelligent maniacs .
Brilliant. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
You tell em, Wile.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Simply comparing football as an ordinary business is a big big mistake as many have made so to make that comparison VC does not count in this BFC situation IMHO.
use the quote function :)

I would agree if we where running it like a Fulham etc ie those being backed by wealthy owners. We aren't though, we are running it as a business and nothing else. I'm also talking about Burnley and not football in general

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:03 pm

1fatclaret wrote:Or, for a better analogy, if you are the head of an education trust, and one of your very successful head teachers, suddenly experiences a period whereby they have a few off on Long term sick or maternity leave, and their replacements are crap and underperform. Do you sack The headteacher, or do ypu look at your overall recruitment policy and long term strategy.
Said head teacher should plan for every reasonable eventuality. That said over a 12 month period our injury list hasn't been that bad.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:use the quote function :)

I would agree if we where running it like a Fulham etc ie those being backed by wealthy owners. We aren't though, we are running it as a business and nothing else. I'm also talking about Burnley and not football in general
So am I as no other Company in any industry that I know of is run with the top employees being payed so much as they are in football.

That’s why it must be so difficult to be a director of a top football club these days unless you are some sort of billionaire or have an unlimited supply of money.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:19 pm

South West Claret. wrote:So am I as no other Company in any industry that I know of is run with the top employees being payed so much as they are in football.

That’s why it must be so difficult to be a director of a top football club these days unless you are some sort of billionaire or have an unlimited supply of money.
the money has nothing to do with the principle though in any way shape or form

LeuvenClaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 pm

But there needs to be accountability and not blind faith right?

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:30 pm

How can we vocally support a team that quite frankly gives us nothing to get behind?

The team today was as workmanlike as it gets. No pace, no creativity, no flair, nothing. I'm a fan who likes to sit on the edge of seat and get into a match. I'm vocal whether we win, lose or draw if the performance warrants it.

Over the past few months I've started doing something I've simply never done before; I'm on my phone. I'm not even watching anymore. That's not a good sign. I'm bored, totally bored. The game was over today after 90 seconds. How do you get behind that?!

For me we're at the end of an era. We're consistently poor, as consistently poor as we've been since the end of Cotterill's tenure. Something has changed and we may never know what that is, but something needs to happen. We're awful to watch, easy to beat and have no leaders. Merry Christmas.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:42 pm

Dyche has been loyal to too many underperformers for too long. I suspect the noise levels will increase significantly if we fail to produce against W Ham & Huddersfield. With SD consistently struggling with a Plan B (plus clueless using subs to change games) then the challenge to keep us in the PL looks daunting. Suspect the Board do not have the testicles to replace SD + will be hanging their hats on a swift return from The Championship by retaining his services......

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Greeny wrote:Dyche has been loyal to too many underperformers for too long. I suspect the noise levels will increase significantly if we fail to produce against W Ham & Huddersfield. With SD consistently struggling with a Plan B (plus clueless using subs to change games) then the challenge to keep us in the PL looks daunting. Suspect the Board do not have the testicles to replace SD + will be hanging their hats on a swift return from The Championship by retaining his services......
Bang on.

I said in the Europa League that I thought Mee was playing like a player who's head had been turned. He's been woeful all season.

Tarky is playing like he believes he's an England defender.

Lowton hasn't reached the heights of the past 2 years.

Cork is a shadow of his former self.

Wood is frankly stealing a living this season, which makes Vydra's constant exclusions even more baffling.

Barnes, given his role as our "annoyance factor", has been completely anonymous in so many games this season, including today.

Lennon never takes a man on!!

Hart never leaves his sodding line or commands his area.

I could go on. We've got an ageing squad who peaked last season and a manager who is too loyal to many of them. Leicester sacked Ranieri for far less than Dyche has produced over the past 12 months. What is it, 8 wins in about 50 games?! I'm going to bed, I'm depressed!

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:01 am

I’ve been saying since I left the ground in Athens in August that I won’t be upset if Dyche goes, I’ve been panned left right and centre for being premature.

BEFORE the game in Athens I wrote this in response to Sean’s comments about playing reserves later in the week:
A real shame if Sean won my total support with his fantastic approach to maximum effort being the minimum requirement, but then lost that support by not exerting the same effort himself. I sense without exaggeration it would be the beginning of the end, and I just hope he sees sense, but I can feel a kind of foreboding about it. We would become a bit like Stoke when they started getting fed up with Pulis - pragmatism can be accepted when it gives the fans what they desire, but not when it deliberately doesn’t.
As it turned out, that game went as I feared when I wrote that post, and Taylor was playing left wing with Ward behind him, and Lennon on the bench (as was Tarky, and Mee didn’t even make the bench). The point being - it is so darned predictable.

Today, it feels similar despite it being different circumstances, it is still pragmatism to a fault (parking the bus at home and hoping for the best but lasting 90 seconds). When boring pragmatism ceases to work, fans turn. That formation today was scandalous. JBG, Vydra, Wood and McNeil on the bench, while Vokes and Barnes were asked to win long balls against a guy who on the evidence of the World Cup is the planet’s best header (a far cry from Arsenal).

Gibson gets taken off, our best defender on the day, which must say to Mee that he can play as bad as he wants, he will never get dropped. I like Gibson, but that is twice now this season he’s been dropped right into a weird lineup with little time to prepare. Dyche’s loyalty to his favourites is beginning to grate.

I sense now that the fans are doing what I went on to say after Athens, which is that more and more would come to think over the season that Sean has taken us as far as he can. I still clap him on and off, out of respect, but sincerely, it feels his time has gone.
This user liked this post: depechedingle

Den_Perry
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Den_Perry » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:08 am

I’ll stick with Dyche as much as I can but I’m almost at the limit I think. The brand of football isn’t good, there’s little attacking intent or willing to make changes when things aren’t working. I was in 2 minds about going on today as I also had a family party to go to. Not sure what I’ll be doing on Sunday...time with my family is important and precious and it’s hard to justify doing something instead of this that is supposed to be entertaining but ends up making me feel like crap.

I’ve just watched MOTD which is something I NEVER do when Burnley lose. I sat through the Burnley game and the review bit but strangely I didn’t feel very much afterwards; it was though I was seeing a random game I had no particular interest in.

Something is very wrong at Burnley FC right now and it needs to be fixed fast if we want to stay in this division (I’m not particularly sure I want us to, to be honest. If you’re not one of top 6, you’re just cannon fodder).

NRC

Post by NRC » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:use the quote function :)

While being run as a business, there is a manager running a department of specialists. The specialists are under-performing. The manager has proven a methodology. It’s the specialists that need changing

The other reason I hold the belief that he use stay and we need to vocally back him is that recruitment now passes to the Director of Football - so allow that system to become effective.

NRC

Post by NRC » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:42 pm

The best example of supporting the manager is Sir Alex...... he had his rocky moments, but taking his tenure overall t was clear who was boss, and he reinvented the team several times.

Dyche now has the resource of the Director of Football to take his wants and apply them rather than the hapless Mike Garlick (in this regard)

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:44 pm

NRC wrote:While being run as a business, there is a manager running a department of specialists. The specialists are under-performing. The manager has proven a methodology. It’s the specialists that need changing

The other reason I hold the belief that he use stay and we need to vocally back him is that recruitment now passes to the Director of Football - so allow that system to become effective.
Not so sure, the manager is in charge - if he thought they were under performing then he would have replaced them....but we all know that DYche is completely blinded by his loyalty. Also, if he had shown a single ounce of wanting to change the style of play I would stick with him but he hasn't. He's been saying "we know we need to improve in the last 3rd" for the last 2-3 years and if anything we've actually got worse. I'm not a sentimental person I'm afraid, in any business you are only as good as your last performance and his is beyond dreadful. We'll agree to disagree but he has to go for me

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:44 pm

NRC wrote:The best example of supporting the manager is Sir Alex...... he had his rocky moments, but taking his tenure overall t was clear who was boss, and he reinvented the team several times.

Dyche now has the resource of the Director of Football to take his wants and apply them rather than the hapless Mike Garlick (in this regard)
D.o.F isn't going to make Dyche stop playing hoofball

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:the idiots have come scurrying out of the gaps in the floorboards again this week, they were silent recently, but feel safe to come scuttling out again after todays defeat.

The only unintelligent manic is you dear. If he knows what is wrong what are we doing in the bottom 3, with next to the worse defence in the league?

Get real and take your head out of your back side. We are in a mess and Dyche is the gaffer and the bucks stops with him
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

NRC

Post by NRC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:17 am

So I’m glad to witness that the sentiment from posters on this message board has not been what has transpired on TM and the McAlpine, and that the team have been supported.

Yes it helps that somehow a magic wand has been waved, but it really doesn’t benefit anyone that we have a vocal downer on the team and manager on match day.

Long may the attending supporters do better than sentiment on here

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 am

I was one of the doubters but have been proved wrong these last two games. The players look to have responded and we have 6 vital points; onwards and upwards. Come on Top Claret, credit where is credit's due. Who thought 6 points were coming? Here's to 9 after Fulham

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:32 am

Vegas Claret wrote:That's not how you run a business. If the manager can't motivate his/her staff then they get the boot no matter how successful he/she has been. Last time I checked BFC is being run as a business so the outcome can only be one thing if the owners want it to remain successful

Correct it is run as a business. Probably while board would pay no notice of people who don’t contribute a thing to the business but demand staff are sacked after a few defeats.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:05 am

Still yet to meet anyone in the flesh who has called time on Sean Dyche's reign.

The echo chamber of uptheclarets is exactly that - its a tiny fraction of our support - and people who are generally responding on emotion and looking to 'sound off' (possibly because they can't quite exercise the desired level of analysis in their home / work etc).

Thankfully this hasn't been echoed to much detrimental extent in the stands, which is crucial.

After Everton it felt like West Ham was the most important match I could remember in a long time. The nature of Xmas fixtures is that teams struggle to perform consistently - so points are up for grabs - everyone except Huddersfield has managed to earn them.

Turning points and momentum changes happen in football and have happened several times during Sean Dyche's reign, memorably after Boxing Day three years ago when we were outclassed at Hull City prior to a 23-match undefeated streak. You would have to have lost all faith in our management, club culture, and training ground methods that have served the team so well over the past 6 years.

While back-to-back wins don't make a season and we are still in a vulnerable position - the team performance against Everton was hopefully the nadir and what has happened since should serve as a bit of a reminder at least that there is no issue that the players are still playing for their management team.

Getting our ball players back on the pitch and the team balance right has been crucial (credit due to SD for trusting McNeil). I'm sure the majority of fans who wanted to see Chris Wood sidelined (myself included) would not be calling for his exclusion for the next league game, belief shown from the manager to the players is what has seen this upturn of form come about.

I still expect there will be a point in the near future when we'll look back at this period as probably the toughest of Sean's tenure and it will be a blot on his copybook, but we have given ourselves a platform for recovery now and hopefully those who felt the implosion of the club as we know it was nigh, will be placated and realise that Dyche's powers of resilience are indeed the worthiest of attributes we could ask for in a Burnley manager.

thomaspaine
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by thomaspaine » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Shouldn't even be up for discussion.