Sean Dyche DESERVES our Loyalty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Sean Dyche DESERVES our Loyalty

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:42 pm

For all he’s done , his knowledge of the players and club his LOYALTY to US ( he could have gone to plenty of bigger jobs) and his grit and determination to get this right.

The fact we’re injury ravaged ( creatively ) has highlighted how poor we really are , but SD can only do so much with the tools he’s been given . This is a time to stand up and be counted ,fight for every scrap and get behind team and manager 100% . We’re in the trenches now our backs to the wall,if anyone has the stomach for the fight it’s Sean Dyche .

White flag wavers and quivering jelly bottom lips please stay away from the Turf that’s not what BFC is about .

UTC
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat Lancasterclaret Hroogar ClaretnGreen

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Re: Sean Dyche DESERVES our Loyalty

Post by lrac » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:46 pm

So I ask.do we deserve gutless performances .just asking

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Ironically it is people like you who dont have the balls to face reality and criticise someone who has been one of the most positive forces in Burnley FCs recent history when he deserves it who are the quivering jelly bottom lip brigade

Dyche deserves our respect and gratitude for all he has done and when he does finally go he should go with all our love and appreciation but in the present our board must make the decisions that is best for the club even if that is that Dyche's time is up
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:48 pm

December 2019 we've only won 8 more games.

Is he still here?

lrac

Post by lrac » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:48 pm

And the white flag wavers are the players not the fans .see y'all

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:50 pm

It really needed another thread.... blind faith gets you nowhere. The fans have been loyal but the football is awful and the results now even worse.its a demanding and competitive job which is why he is handsomely rewarded. It's business and there is no job security( although financial security). No room for sentiment either. How many games do you sit through a season ? I sit through a lot and it's been tedious, unimaginative and predictable for a long time. No manager should expect to survive such a horrendous run.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Unless we go down and he looks to be struggling to bring us back up, for me, his job should be safe.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Bosscat sanderson370

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Its the constant inference that fans are somehow to blame and that things will miraculously change if we do what no other fans in the country do and not complain about the garbage being served up on a regular basis that annoys me.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

I like being told I should keep away by the super fans.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Which are these bigger jobs he could have taken then? Everton were never interested in him and it sounds like Dyche wanted the Palace job but they weren't interested either.

Murger

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:55 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Which are these bigger jobs he could have taken then? Everton were never interested in him and it sounds like Dyche wanted the Palace job but they weren't interested either.
Wasn't he supposed to be getting the Sunderland gig before Advocaat changed his mind?

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:00 pm

He is in a results business and gets paid well. He is not doing it for Charity. What is it about some of our fans-they think the club can make several signings on the last day of the transfer window or that our results will change and we will surge up the table
Can only relate to my family who support Leicester-when Ranieri (who achieved more than SD)got sacked they were heart broken, however they were sliding down the PL-no time for sentiment. This week they beat Chelsea and Man City and stand 7th-yes could be in the Europa League !!!!. When they got back last night to find me down they said the "KP was rocking" just like the year they won the PL)

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:02 pm

He does, for the moment

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Dyche is paid handsomely and BFC should feel no blind loyalty to him or anyone.

Football is big business and sentiment should not come into making important decisions. Let us hope the board don't show the kind of blind faith that some on here have to Dyche
These 2 users liked this post: cockneyclaret tiger76

lrac

Post by lrac » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Top Claret wrote:Dyche is paid handsomely and BFC should feel no blind loyalty to him or anyone.

Football is big business and sentiment should not come into making important decisions. Let us hope the board don't show the kind of blind faith that some on here have to Dyche
But they will .gutless team.no attacking flair .

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:13 pm

So, go on then, who would you replace him with ?
Who do you think is going to roll up to the Turf and produce rollicking, scintillating performances to launch us up the table ?
And, if this Miracle Man just happens to fail in helping us survive, despite your "blind faith" in whoever it might be, are you sure hhe'd know the Championship as well as Dyche does ?
We're just three points behind a survival place with winnable games coming up - with massive improvement needed particularly early on..
Some soft lumps on here.
This user liked this post: AlargeClaret

Murger

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:15 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:So, go on then, who would you replace him with ?
Who do you think is going to roll up to the Turf and produce rollicking, scintillating performances to launch us up the table ?
And, if this Miracle Man just happens to fail in helping us survive, despite your "blind faith" in whoever it might be, are you sure hhe'd know the Championship as well as Dyche does ?
We're just three points behind a survival place with winnable games coming up - with massive improvement needed particularly early on..
Some soft lumps on here.
You'd just dismiss any suggestion.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:17 pm

If we had delivered a performance on par to recent ones-Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal I for one would be thinking our luck will change soon. Can anyone hand on heart think West Ham are in for a game Sunday

Safron
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Winable games,ha ha I like that one
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Anonymous

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Some soft lumps on here.
If we don't pick up any points up in the next 2 matches, his career at Burnley must be hanging on a thread. Can't think of any other Premier league club that would tolerate such a poor run of results, especially coming into a transfer window.

It's not being soft mate, it's being realistic, something you clearly aren't
This user liked this post: tiger76

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Some soft lumps on here.
You are spot on. We struggle to compete and are punching well above our weight. There is nobody else who could do any better

Murger

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:You are spot on. We struggle to compete and are punching well above our weight. There is nobody else who could do any better
Nobody else could get us playing better football?

Longsidelenny
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Longsidelenny » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Well said murger

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:You are spot on. We struggle to compete and are punching well above our weight. There is nobody else who could do any better
What about Donald Trump?

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Murger wrote:Nobody else could get us playing better football?
With the fit players he had on Boxing Day If SD had set up hung go we’d have been pasted just as bad if not worse .

Without Brady, Defour , Lennon,JBG there’s literally nothing to link create or god forbid score. I doubt the board will show balls and ambition In the window either.
Though I’d hope with 3 of the 4 shortly back ?and a bit of luck and confidence we can battle it out with maybe one good goal scorer signed ( a mini clear out too perhaps )

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:56 pm

For all you "Dyche Out" ******, share your wisdom regarding who is going to do a better job?!

Keep the faith.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Some soft lumps on here.
I'll play along.

Jokanović could be a decent shout. No doubt you'll disagree with any suggestions but we're not paid to make the decision.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:21 pm

I'll throw in a line or 2..
BFS.. Warnock, Wagner..

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:25 pm

When you protest about how the team/club is doing it seems to make you “less” of a supporter than those who just blindly accept thatever happens.

Weird if you ask me.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm

boyyanno wrote:I'll play along.

Jokanović could be a decent shout. No doubt you'll disagree with any suggestions but we're not paid to make the decision.
Jokanovic, no thanks. He managed to beat us but that’s about it. With much better players at his disposal.

Dyche needs to change his tactics and the way our lads play. He needs to develop with the game. He has done a fantastic job for us and it would be a shame to see it all fall apart.

Please mr dyche shake it up and play some better stuff.

As for replacements if it comes to it, I can’t see many good fits, I’d like to hear some suggestions

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5001 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:29 pm

"White flag wavers and quivering jelly bottom lips please stay away from the Turf that’s not what BFC is about . "
I think the board will take money from anyone.

Murger

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:Jokanovic, no thanks. He managed to beat us but that’s about it. With much better players at his disposal.

Dyche needs to change his tactics and the way our lads play. He needs to develop with the game. He has done a fantastic job for us and it would be a shame to see it all fall apart.

As for replacements if it comes to it, I can’t see many good fits, I’d like to hear some suggestions
He's also got 2 teams promoted.

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:34 pm

But does he deserve 3,500,000 per year

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 pm

SGr wrote:When you protest about how the team/club is doing it seems to make you “less” of a supporter than those who just blindly accept thatever happens.

Weird if you ask me.
Your post is indeed weird.
Who says you are less of a supporter because you "protest" about how the team/club is doing ?
I'm talking about the clowns who claim players can't be bothered or have their minds elsewhere, whatever that means.
I 'm not sure posters who reckon Dyche is the best bet for us to avoid relegation and, if it happens, to get us into, at least, the top six of the Championship is "blindly" accepting anything. Seeing our difficulty in a wider context, maybe, but being blind, no.

Murger

Post by Murger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:41 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Your post is indeed weird.
Who says you are less of a supporter because you "protest" about how the team/club is doing ?
I'm talking about the clowns who claim players can't be bothered or have their minds elsewhere, whatever that means.
I 'm not sure posters who reckon Dyche is the best bet for us to avoid relegation and, if it happens, to get us into, at least, the top six of the Championship is "blindly" accepting anything. Seeing our difficulty in a wider context, maybe, but being blind, no.
Gets posted on here and on social media enough, that unless you accept whatever is being served up, to stay away.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Let’s be honest here, if Dyche was at any other club with our record over the past year he’d have been potted.

We are playing championship hoofball under Dyche if he remains.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm

I’m on about the “go and support another team”, “Moaners XI”, etc lot. Posters who believe Dyche is the best bet for avoiding relegation is fair enough - but what I don’t understand is the idea what we need to keep hold him out of gratitude for the last few seasons, etc.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm

The players have stopped playing for him, they have stopped believing in his mantra, what exactly don't you not understand about that? It's over for him. Ask Mourinho about it.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

There's me thinking that 3 wins in 19 games is a perfectly good return...

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:31 pm

Got to be honest, I think he does deserve more support than he gets on here.

We know he's a good manager, even a great one for us, and I think we have to trust him to do what needs to be done.
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:Jokanovic, no thanks. He managed to beat us but that’s about it. With much better players at his disposal.

I was asked to name someone who knew the championship incase it is too late and someone who could potentially get us playing in a different way. I think he ticks both those boxes.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Right_winger wrote:Let’s be honest here, if Dyche was at any other club with our record over the past year he’d have been potted.

We are playing championship hoofball under Dyche if he remains.
Too many are obsessed with the past.. we could do a Sunderland and people would still be blinded by the past!
SD is a Burnley great and he's name will be mentioned for many years to come but his time has come.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:For all he’s done , his knowledge of the players and club his LOYALTY to US ( he could have gone to plenty of bigger jobs) and his grit and determination to get this right.

The fact we’re injury ravaged ( creatively ) has highlighted how poor we really are , but SD can only do so much with the tools he’s been given . This is a time to stand up and be counted ,fight for every scrap and get behind team and manager 100% . We’re in the trenches now our backs to the wall,if anyone has the stomach for the fight it’s Sean Dyche .

White flag wavers and quivering jelly bottom lips please stay away from the Turf that’s not what BFC is about .

UTC
nonsense

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Ah I remember the mantra " When Defour and Brady are back we will win again" - didn't happen both crocked again. Both of the players have a hisory of injuries.
2 points
Murger - we don't need better football we need to win matches whatever style we play.
Right-Winger - the only other manager I can think of that the board would employ is BFS and given the current squad he would play hoofball.

Loyalty is earned not granted - Dyche is far too loyal to under performing players cork, mee, hart and vokes

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:01 pm

boyyanno wrote:I was asked to name someone who knew the championship incase it is too late and someone who could potentially get us playing in a different way. I think he ticks both those boxes.
Sorry pal I didn’t read the entire thing. I can’t get my head round why Dyche won’t try new ways to play, he’s no dummy, and he’s worked miracles at this club . Do we go down the big fat Sam corridore to try and save us? Or do we take a punt on a Steven Gerrard type manager? As I’m not too sure any so called “proven” Premier League managers would come to us.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:18 pm

We are the bookies favourites for the drop which will rule out a high caliber (PL material) manager
It also rules out anyone in the top 6 or 7 in the Championship as they will fancy their chances
What does that leave-out of work guys like Bruce and Moyes
......Aspiring Championship managers such as Monk and the Sheff Utd guy
......Or ex home grown ie the likes of Duff and Alexander (maybe both together). Not a bad shout if we were to go down as I suspect SD would not have the stomach for a gruelling 46 match campaign
My money would be on Monk. Gets on quietly with things, and can work with little budget. Generally not had a disaster at any club
This user liked this post: tiger76

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by moaninclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Should SD work another miracle and keep us up, he will once again become a hero, its difficult to see that happening at the moment but i haven't given up on him yet, we looked very poor against Everton, who totally outclassed and outplayed us. the bottom 6 teams all look dreadful so a couple of wins can turn things round, if this dont happen soon then we are clearly throwing in the towel and another season in the championship beckons, i am trying to keep faith with SD but something is niggling me.!!!!

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 pm

SGr wrote:I’m on about the “go and support another team”, “Moaners XI”, etc lot. Posters who believe Dyche is the best bet for avoiding relegation is fair enough - but what I don’t understand is the idea what we need to keep hold him out of gratitude for the last few seasons, etc.
That's just insecure people that are afraid of change, the ones that have the same dull ritual day after day

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:39 pm

warksclaret wrote:We are the bookies favourites for the drop which will rule out a high caliber (PL material) manager
It also rules out anyone in the top 6 or 7 in the Championship as they will fancy their chances
What does that leave-out of work guys like Bruce and Moyes
......Aspiring Championship managers such as Monk and the Sheff Utd guy
......Or ex home grown ie the likes of Duff and Alexander (maybe both together). Not a bad shout if we were to go down as I suspect SD would not have the stomach for a gruelling 46 match campaign
My money would be on Monk. Gets on quietly with things, and can work with little budget. Generally not had a disaster at any club
Dyche will have to have the stomach for it, he wont get any other PL job

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:45 pm

He's definitely not doing enough currently to justify being the 8th highest paid manager in the Premier League.