Harts the scapegoat not the problem

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Re: Harts the scapegoat not the problem

Post by jedi_master » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:24 pm

dermotdermot wrote:I have it on good authority that Hart will now be shipped out to a team in Botswana in the January transfer window. Sitting there like petulant child not saying a word to the other subs.
When Heaton made the save and got the chants, every sub was clapping and on their feet.

Hart sat arms folded looking like a man who knows he’s done here.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Is that true? I didn't see that.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm

jedi_master wrote:When Heaton made the save and got the chants, every sub was clapping and on their feet.

Not according to SD: "It was a tough one on Joe (Hart), but Tom (Heaton) is a great pro and his professionalism has paid him back. I must say though, Joe was the first one jumping off the bench when he made that save at the end, which tells you a lot about the group."
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Point proven, he was/is the problem.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:45 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Is that true? I didn't see that.
He was throwing a gloomy hissy fit throughout the match. Not a good thing to see. Whether you are on the pitch or off you support the team.

I've also been watching Tom closely during his bench spell. He has always been smiling, having a chat with the other subs and he has never shown less than 100% support for all the players.

Showing a touch of class when things aren't going well for you personally is a lot more difficult than when things are going right for you. It's the difference between a good man and a great man.

Hart has done well for us, nothing should take that away from him, but his performance on the bench wasn't up to scratch today. Whether he is on the bench or playing in the next game he needs to address the matter if he is to be a long term member of the team.

happyclaret17
Been Liked: 446 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by happyclaret17 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:51 pm

I thought it was a huge game for Tom today knowing that comparisons would be made so he was under a lot of pressure....I think Hart has largely done well for us and if he had been in goal today we would still have won....we are blessed with 3 good keepers and Hart has had more than his fair share of starts this season....no doubt that Tom will have the shirt at Huddersfield now....I wonder if in another month one of them will be elsewhere ?
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Bosscat

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:He was throwing a gloomy hissy fit throughout the match. Not a good thing to see. Whether you are on the pitch or off you support the team.

I've also been watching Tom closely during his bench spell. He has always been smiling, having a chat with the other subs and he has never shown less than 100% support for all the players.

Showing a touch of class when things aren't going well for you personally is a lot more difficult than when things are going right for you. It's the difference between a good man and a great man.

Hart has done well for us, nothing should take that away from him, but his performance on the bench wasn't up to scratch today. Whether he is on the bench or playing in the next game he needs to address the matter if he is to be a long term member of the team.
I certainly hope that he isn't playing in the next game. The very idea..................

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm

jedi_master wrote:When Heaton made the save and got the chants, every sub was clapping and on their feet.

Thats just rubbish though.

Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Test User » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 am

TVC15 wrote:Good lad - big of you to admit that you ain’t got a clue what you are talking about

Kinda weird for you to suddenly become a dick when we were having a decent exchange, but ok.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:38 am

Test User wrote:Kinda weird for you to suddenly become a dick when we were having a decent exchange, but ok.
It ceased being a decent debate the minute you said “opinions can be wrong”....though the fact that Hart was dropped kind of suggests yours was.

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Opinions can be wrong though.

ClaretRock
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by ClaretRock » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Don't think it proved Hart was the problem. I did think giving Heaton a shot was overdue as I don't think we lose anything with the change and Heaton been club captain could give the players a boost which it did. Also McNeil having an amazing game albeit he was up against someone playing RB that wasn't in his regular position which is why I'm not going to get too excited about his ability, signs are good and want to see more of him. Westwood had a great game and needs to play like that regularly. Barnsey looked as though he had an adrenaline shot and was popping up everywhere and his knockdowns to wood were spot on. Wood actually hit the Target for once which was nice to see. All these contributed to the win not just the goalkeeper change. It did have an effect and helped us to win the game but to say Hart was the problem is harsh.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Don't think so....

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:29 pm

tim_noone wrote:I think Ben mee is now the weak link in defence...though shame about the penalty he appears to be going backwards now.. Much prefer Kevin Long who gets better. For all joes efforts I think joe harts played his Last league game...unfortunately. and he won't be hung out to dry against his former club West Ham is my guess.

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 pm

With Pope on the way back it’s time to move Joe Hart on. I will happily give him a lift to anyone who will take him. Suspect not many....

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:32 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:Opinions can be wrong though.
Not when you are debating whether you think Hart was at fault.
Of course they can be wrong on other issues.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Hart as not been the problem at all, he has had a lot to put up with playing in a poor side.
Dyche should have rotated Heaton and Hart months ago.

One good win was all the West Ham match was, let us see how we shape against Huddersfield, to put the win down to Heaton playing is crazy.
Heaton had one shot to save, a save Hart as pulled off in most games this season. West Ham had 4 shots on target our opponents usually have cricket scores against us.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Top Claret wrote:Hart as not been the problem at all, he has had a lot to put up with playing in a poor side.

One good win was all the West Ham match was, let us see how we shape against Huddersfield, to put the win down to Heaton playing is crazy.
Heaton had one shot to save, a save Hart as pulled off in most games this season. West Ham had 4 shots on target our opponents usually have cricket scores against us.
Teams typically don't rotate keepers for a reason. And if Hart has been not been a problem at all why would you want him rotating in any case? The West Ham game was an excellent performance by all the players, but Heaton certainly played his part in the best performance of the season and importantly keeping a clean sheet.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Top Claret wrote:Hart as not been the problem at all, he has had a lot to put up with playing in a poor side.

Maybe there's a reason why West Ham only managed four shots on target - the organisational factor and the galvanising effect which is Tom Heaton shouting at and encouraging the team and getting involved with play from outside the six yard box?

I hope that is the case because if so we will have a good shot at staying up provided Tom stays in the goal.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Anyone who thinks that it was just Joe Hart who was the problem is deluded.
I think most fans can see it was a number of issues that have caused this years slump.
We were in a desperate situation against West Ham and Dyche decided to change a number of things - Hart was one of these. I don’t think it was any kind of tactical miracle he did - it was more out of the last few systems and line ups not working.

The biggest thing for me in the West Ham game was playing with wingers again...changes the whole dynamic of our play and stops us lumping up every ball to the forwards from the back. Even though we surprisingly had less possession than West Ham we played some great stuff on the deck and they were the ones lumping it up to “my little pony” !

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:15 pm

In the day and age of tactics and technique I would be surprised if it just required someone in goal shouting to solve the problems.

Hart not popular with some Burnley fans / UTC posters because he took Heaton's place, that won't change. I'm hoping Heaton has a long run in the side so I don't have to read or listen to conjecture about Hart. 3 months of it has been more than enough.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Not read all 3 pages but I welcomed Hart but based on the last game, we played more assured than I have seen us play in a long time.

It could be down to a number of factors which could be nothing to do with hart but...

Heaton has retained the right to the shirt for now given the clean sheet.

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:07 pm

skategoat.jpg
skategoat.jpg (78.82 KiB) Viewed 1135 times