Dyche in demand again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Dyche in demand again

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Sean Dyche has been installed as second favourite to Brendan Rodgers to take over at Leicester when their current manager gets sacked.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Dyche in demand again

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Sean Dyche has been installed as second favourite to Brendan Rodgers to take over at Leicester when their current manager gets sacked.
Has he ever been in demand from any other team. Second favourite behind Brenda says it all. Absolutely fantastic for us but a one trick pony whose career will nose dive when his love affair with our club finally comes to an end

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 pm

What are Leicester's expectations though? Because if its nice football then they won't get it from Dyche.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:09 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:What are Leicester's expectations though? Because if its nice football then they won't get it from Dyche.
We’ve had some decent football under Dyche.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 pm

If the fans are unhappy with Puel because of the style of football I can't really see any logic in them being interested in Dyche?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:17 pm

The players are pulling the strings at that club.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:20 pm

DCWat wrote:We’ve had some decent football under Dyche.
Only some eh?

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:21 pm

If Leicester part company with Puel - which in fact seems like a when rather than an if question then it would be reasonable to assume that they want a change of football direction - SD would hardly give them that, I think he and Puel are quite similar managers in many respects.

I like Puel, I think he's a victim of his own success. He perhaps over-achieves to the extent that the clubs he has managed think the natural progression on the stable success he brings is to play more expansive football - which can be a recipe for disaster given that there's always going to be a minimum of 6 teams at the top end who do it better and there's always going to be another 6/8 at the bottom end who'll stick with the tried and trusted pragmatic approach.

If you're caught in transition with the wrong person in charge for the situation you find yourself in you can very easily wave goodbye to what appears to be a well established PL place in the style of Stoke and West Brom

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 pm

I dont think he will be in demand @ Leicester tbf.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Only some eh?
And?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Unless Dyche does something drastic with us like finishing 7th again then I just don't see another Premier league side coming in for him. Rightly or wrongly I feel he has been typecast as a bit of a dinosaur who isn't capable of adapting his way of playing.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1745 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Sideways move

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:What are Leicester's expectations though? Because if its nice football then they won't get it from Dyche.
For the very last time: Dyche is a pragmatic manager who looks at a group of players and asks them to play in a particular style that suits their individual and collective skills sets.

You cannot say that this is the only style of football he knows or is willing to explore. His style as with many other managers is dictated by the playing staff available. He is an outstanding manager who is progressive and is going to get a good chance to manage at the top level. Leicester are perfect for him, then he can spring forward onto a big job.

It baffles me that our own fans cannot see the reality of our club and it’s limitations. Have we turned into Newcastle fans, mewing over how we deserve to be in the top six, how we should be spending millions, and how we once almost won the league...

We are Burnley, and we’re building a project that’ll mean our club lasts a lifetime.
These 21 users liked this post: Bosscat Ashingtonclaret46 HunterST_BFC pauliopaulio cricketfieldclarets Leisure Lancasterclaret Goodclaret Colburn_Claret Stockbrokerbelt AlargeClaret Turftalkers mentor CJW longsidepies simonclaret JohnDearyMe ClaretLoup not waving Dougall Siddo Jonboyclayton

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:Sideways move

It’s a move up, simply put.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:For the very last time: Dyche is a pragmatic manager who looks at a group of players and asks them to play in a particular style that suits their individual and collective skills sets.

You cannot say that this is the only style of football he knows or is willing to explore. His style as with many other managers is dictated by the playing staff available. He is an outstanding manager who is progressive and is going to get a good chance to manage at the top level. Leicester are perfect for him, then he can spring forward onto a big job.

It baffles me that our own fans cannot see the reality of our club and it’s limitations. Have we turned into Newcastle fans, mewing over how we deserve to be in the top six, how we should be spending millions, and how we once almost won the league...

We are Burnley, and we’re building a project that’ll mean our club lasts a lifetime.
Fans can daniel but some on here are no fans of Burnley Football Club.

Good Post :)
These 2 users liked this post: Stockbrokerbelt Turftalkers mentor

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:For the very last time: Dyche is a pragmatic manager who looks at a group of players and asks them to play in a particular style that suits their individual and collective skills sets.

He bought the bloody players! :lol:

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 pm

He bought players that were available to the club, both financially available and viably available.

We’re limited to a pool of players, Maddison wouldn’t have come to us for £20million, he’d have gone to six or seven clubs before us

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Leics the club that sacked Ranieri after winning the title , toxic players plastic fans .I’d love to see what Dyche could do with a talented squad like theirs though as opposed to the hasbeens, neverhasbeens and mediocre championship bilge we can afford ( with the odd notable exceptions ) . Won’t happen though .
This user liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 pm

You could argue that if Dyche had been here for two years or less but he's been here six and signed or re-signed every single player in the squad.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 pm

As someone else has pointed out, Dyche has been here 6 years now. This is the squad he has put together and it's clear this is how he thinks football should be played. Stanislas being shipped out in favour of more workmanlike wingers like Arfield and Boyd for example. Even Defour was banished until he returned with all the flair knocked out of him and became just another hard working, steady Eddie midfielder.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:50 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Leics the club that sacked Ranieri after winning the title , toxic players plastic fans .I’d love to see what Dyche could do with a talented squad like theirs though as opposed to the hasbeens, neverhasbeens and mediocre championship bilge we can afford ( with the odd notable exceptions ) . Won’t happen though .
We thank you for your support and will always wear it. Would have been nice to have one each though, even if we are hasbeens, neverhasbeens and mediocre championship bilge.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Danieljwaterhouse

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm

He could be here for 20years, the finances are the finances, the club is the club, the pool of players are the pool of players!

We’re shopping at Lidl not Harrod’s not even Sainsbury’s. We used to shop at Poundland, be happy!!!
These 3 users liked this post: Stockbrokerbelt longsidepies Siddo

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm

As has been said before klopp gladiola and others would struggle to emulate SD. Good posts. DJW.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:He could be here for 20years, the finances are the finances, the club is the club, the pool of players are the pool of players!

We’re shopping at Lidl not Harrod’s not even Sainsbury’s. We used to shop at Poundland, be happy!!!
:D

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 pm

jrgbfc wrote:As someone else has pointed out, Dyche has been here 6 years now. This is the squad he has put together and it's clear this is how he thinks football should be played. Stanislas being shipped out in favour of more workmanlike wingers like Arfield and Boyd for example. Even Defour was banished until he returned with all the flair knocked out of him and became just another hard working, steady Eddie midfielder.
I always liked stanislas but a lot on here Didn't I reckon Sean Regrets Losing him tbh.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Be careful what you wish for

We have limitations. Some perhaps imposed by Dyche but many not. Although it doesnt help how we play ourselves down at times.

With a fairly unlimited pot of cash (leicester dont quite have that but they have a bloody lot) a bigger pull (they definitely have that after the recent title) he would be excellent.

The problem at Leicester is as at most other clubs in this league. Expectations and patience.

For that reason we continue to be the best option for him - for now. Had it not been for Southgates incredible and peehaps unforeseen success i am certain either Howe or more likely the more pragmatic Dyche wouldve been England manager by now.

I suspect his next job will be at an underachieving huge club. I hope though that he stays here and evolves his style and transfer strategy. I dont think he will do anything too drastic as his pragmitism has served him well thus far.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm

And by evolve I mean be more creative with the fringe players.

Keep the core of the squad as is for now. But the extra bodies like Walters and Wells need to be a bit more outside the box.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Utterly baffling that our best manager for decades is still regarded as poorly as some do on here.

Give your heads a wobble. We are lucky to have him.
These 11 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Burnleyareback2 Goodclaret Claret Till I Die Colburn_Claret Stockbrokerbelt Turftalkers mentor simonclaret Lord Beamish Siddo Cirrus_Minor

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 am

Does anyone actually believe that SD is not in demand from other clubs?

Absolute nonsense.

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 am

He has zero chance of landing a job with a bigger club until he can prove he can get a group of players to play an easy on the eye style of football and still win games. If he can achieve that at Burnley then he'll deserve a shot at managing one of the big boys.

Leicester want rid of Puyol. Everton and West Ham both got rid of Fat Sam because fans wanted a better style of football. No Chairman of a big club will employ a manager that has a reputation of just playing a defensive/long ball game unless they are up **** creek and staring relegation in the face
This user liked this post: claretfern

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1505 times

Post by Goodclaret » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 am

Some really stupid (as always) comments on here regarding the qualities of our manager. How can anyone not see how limiting it is being the manager of Burnley and the quality of player we can actually land? Do you really think if Dyche was given the City job he would say to Kompany "knock it long to Aguerro and hope for the best"? He'd have them playing top notch football because they are some of the best footballers in the world and he would adapt to having those kind of players available.

The above could be seen as a bash at our current players, it really isn't. If some of the Dyche haters actually watched the games without the "we just play hoofball" glasses on you can see we play some good football. We do go direct sometime because the opposition are better on the ball than we are. It has worked well for us. We won the Championship by playing some great football but, when we needed, we won ugly too. It's about trying to get a balance between getting results to stop in this league and slowly but surely build an even better calibre of playing squad. The latter doesn't happen overnight so we take the rough with the smooth but try and make the longer term progression. If you look at where we have come over the last few seasons I'd say it's working. That is down to Dyche and the day he leaves will be a sad day. He "gets" Burnley and has delivered something amazing for us; I think some fans should be a little more grateful.
These 7 users liked this post: Quicknick Stockbrokerbelt LeadBelly Dawlishclaret Down_Rover cricketfieldclarets Siddo

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:19 am

Rumbletonk wrote:Leicester want rid of Puyol
Carlos is a git, no wonder.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:42 am

Rumbletonk wrote:He has zero chance of landing a job with a bigger club until he can prove he can get a group of players to play an easy on the eye style of football and still win games. If he can achieve that at Burnley then he'll deserve a shot at managing one of the big boys.

Leicester want rid of Puyol. Everton and West Ham both got rid of Fat Sam because fans wanted a better style of football. No Chairman of a big club will employ a manager that has a reputation of just playing a defensive/long ball game unless they are up **** creek and staring relegation in the face
That's not true though. Jose Mourinho got top jobs because he was a winner prior to Man u despite his style. There's a good chance he'll get another top job and that proves style isn't necessarily important if he could win another trophy again.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 424 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:43 am

Don't Leicester fans all hate Dyche because he pointed out that they'd spent a lot of money the year they beat us to the Championship title?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:50 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Utterly baffling that our best manager for decades is still regarded as poorly as some do on here.

It’s a very very small minority on an internet messageboard to be fair. Some of them just have to type it now as they think they’d make themselves look silly behind their keyboards if they actually gave Dyche any credit.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:19 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Utterly baffling that our best manager for decades is still regarded as poorly as some do on here.

It’s pretty much the same attention seeking balloons on here with that mindset. The first 2 negative replies are perfect examples of this.

It’s a shame they aren't brave enough to voice their displeasure at Dyche publicly could be a new half time feature where the normal fans get to laugh and ridicule them
Last edited by claretonthecoast1882 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:45 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:It’s pretty much the same attention seeking balloons on here with that mindset. The first 2 negative replies are perfect examples of this.

It’s a shame they are brave enough to voice their displeasure at Dyche publicly could be a new half time feature where the normal fans get to laugh and ridicule them
They wouldn't be there to be ridiculed.
This user liked this post: claretonthecoast1882

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Has he ever been in demand from any other team. Second favourite behind Brenda says it all. Absolutely fantastic for us but a one trick pony whose career will nose dive when his love affair with our club finally comes to an end
Go away

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

Spijed wrote:That's not true though. Jose Mourinho got top jobs because he was a winner prior to Man u despite his style. There's a good chance he'll get another top job and that proves style isn't necessarily important if he could win another trophy again.
That's very true but those employing Mourinho know he will win trophies. As good a manager as he is, Dyche doesn't have that on his CV so would be seen as a risk. Combine that with his perceived band of football and you see why he isn't be offered any of the top jobs

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Leics the club that sacked Ranieri after winning the title , toxic players plastic fans .I’d love to see what Dyche could do with a talented squad like theirs though as opposed to the hasbeens, neverhasbeens and mediocre championship bilge we can afford ( with the odd notable exceptions ) . Won’t happen though .
Choose to afford.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 am

It’s pretty much the same attention seeking balloons on here with that mindset. The first 2 negative replies are perfect examples of this.
There possibly could be a sub-sector on this board called "whingers corner" where they could all spew bile at each other all day long whilst slagging off BFC's Directors, management & players.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:07 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:He could be here for 20years, the finances are the finances, the club is the club, the pool of players are the pool of players!

We were shopping at Lidl not Harrod’s not even Sainsbury’s. We used to shop at Poundland, be happy!!!
I think you will find that in his first 12 months here Sean was going to a FOOD BANK, not a supermarket and whilst on here for the poster who said Sean binned Stanislas, Junior was offered a contract and turned it down to rejoin Eddie Howe.
These 2 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse Ashingtonclaret46

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:08 am

During the majority of Dyches time here, the football has been dire to watch. Although this change in tactics and style over the past 3/4 games has been a welcome change.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:Only some eh?
Yeah, there was that game when.....when was it now?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 am

mdd2 wrote:I think you will find that in his first 12 months here Sean was going to a FOOD BANK, not a supermarket and whilst on here for the poster who said Sean binned Stanislas, Junior was offered a contract and turned it down to rejoin Eddie Howe.
It was perfectly clear he didn't really fancy Stanislas and if he stayed he would be on the bench.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 am

jrgbfc wrote:As someone else has pointed out, Dyche has been here 6 years now. This is the squad he has put together and it's clear this is how he thinks football should be played. Stanislas being shipped out in favour of more workmanlike wingers like Arfield and Boyd for example. Even Defour was banished until he returned with all the flair knocked out of him and became just another hard working, steady Eddie midfielder.
Wasn’t Stanislas offered a new contract but chose to rejoin Howe at Bournemouth?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:13 am

How old are you - we have won the league - twice.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am

It’s was bound to happen, but Leicester’s miracle title win has set their expectations too high. If they’re looking to sack their manager when they’re eighth, just a point from the seventh place it’s realistic to expect they might achieve, then as a manager I’d be giving the club a wide berth.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 am

They won the league playing 'Dycheball'

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am

Cubanclaret wrote:They won the league playing 'Dycheball'
They won the league soaking pressure up and playing great long balls over the top for Vardy to chase and latch onto.
We have never played this way as we have only ever had Gray who was quick but didn't seem to make them runs or have a midfield that played them balls.