Sean Dyche: An Apology.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Re: Sean Dyche: An Apology.

Post by taio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:07 am

Jakubclaret wrote:That's just life, the moral of the story is that people stuck with the restaurant & the chef without apologising.
As I say if you see it like that all well and good. I don't. I think it's a poor analogy.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 am

fidelcastro wrote:It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong.
And an even bigger one to have the wisdom to not jerk his knees like a cocaine-snorting puppet in the first place, and not have the smallness to play such a cliched “get out of jail free” card to somehow gain some haughty self-rapture
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 evensteadiereddie

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

taio wrote:As I say if you see it like that all well and good. I don't. I think it's a poor analogy.
We must all receive free entry thru the turnstiles then & food & programmes are gratis.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

Hilarious that this is being taken so seriously.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3061 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 am

Yup, i was questioning him after Boxing Day, and that strange selection v Palace, but hold my hands up, he's the nuts

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 am

This thread reminds me of an episode of The Simpson’s I watched many years back as a child.

Bart Simpson made a remark about Australians and was forced to travel to their land and make a public apology. However the naughty down-unders weren’t satisfied with that and tried to kick his bottom with a big boot.

Watch your bottoms everyone, it seems a few pairs of sandals have been replaced with something a little more heavy duty.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am

I think Dyche has proved a lot of us wrong and we are delighted about that.

But equally I don't see some of the Dyche loyalists who was saying Heaton was the bad apple in the group and should be sold apologising now?
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 am

I gave Dyche 2 games after the Everton debicle, to sort it out or get out. Fortunately Sean sorted it out.

There is no way anyone could have been happy with the dross we had to watch before Xmas, something had to change.

This present side is in a different league than the one before Xmas the change is unbelievable, we are scoring goals for fun now and have a proper strike force in Barnes and Wood, who are capable of putting the fear of God into the worlds best defenders

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:36 am

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:I think Dyche has proved a lot of us wrong and we are delighted about that.

But equally I don't see some of the Dyche loyalists who was saying Heaton was the bad apple in the group and should be sold apologising now?
Who on here said that about Heaton? Perhaps there was an odd one but can't remember a single person. Heaton has always had overwhelming support.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone evensteadiereddie

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 am

Burnley under Dyche is like being on a life support machine - no fun but you'd be f*cked without it

If we could get some owners willing to spend some proper money I'd happily bin Dyche off but whilst we've got Scrooge in charge our hands are tied and it's only Dycheball that's keeping us afloat

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Burnley under Dyche is like being on a life support machine - no fun but you'd be f*cked without it

If we could get some owners willing to spend some proper money I'd happily bin Dyche off but whilst we've got Scrooge in charge our hands are tied and it's only Dycheball that's keeping us afloat
It certainly was fun yesterday. Presume you didn't go.

Dike Muff
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Post by Dike Muff » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:09 am

taio wrote:It certainly was fun yesterday. Presume you didn't go.
I’ve always assumed he doesn’t on account of him not actually being a Burnley fan. I’ve been working under the assumption that he is a disaffected fan of a rival team.

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:05 am

Dike Muff wrote:I’ve always assumed he doesn’t on account of him not actually being a Burnley fan. I’ve been working under the assumption that he is a disaffected fan of a rival team.
Me too. That's why I don't respond to him.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:09 am

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:I think Dyche has proved a lot of us wrong and we are delighted about that.

SD has been proving people wrong repeatedly for 6 years. When are you going to learn to stop reacting hysterically every time we lose a few games?

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 am

We are always going to have poor runs at this level. Even the bigger / wealthier clubs with an array of talent at their disposal do. It's how you react to it.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 am

What I doubted was his ability to remotivate THIS squad of players but they have regrouped.

I never doubted his managerial ability (though it was a huge, huge error not to play Wood and Barnes together in the league for the first half of the season)I just wish he was less pragmatic and more hungry to go to win each and every game we play (yesterday was brilliant in that sense). Fans have to believe in something, not just the rare big win, but in a chance of glory.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Burnley under Dyche is like being on a life support machine - no fun but you'd be f*cked without it

We've played some brilliant stuff since losing to Everton

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:23 am

Presumably the people who wanted Dyche out had the best interests of the club at heart so nothing wrong with that. However those who referred to the ones who showed loyalty, resolve and ultimately much better judgement as "happy clappers" deserves an apology as it is divisive and pejorative.
These 3 users liked this post: scouseclaret GodIsADeeJay81 SussexDon1inIreland

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:I think some (not all) of us that doubted him had genuine reasons for doing so and i won't apologise as at the time i did nothing wrong by highlighting his stubborness to change things around. I stand by that. I will hasten to add that i never called for his head but i did say something had to change. That change has now happened. We were clearly underperforming and our success at the moment is highlighting that.

The team meeting after the Everton game clearly got things off the players chests and maybe a few home truths were swapped in both directions. Much the same as after the Hull game a few years ago. It is telling that straight after that meeting he made changes and tweaks to the team and they looked and still look a totally different side. The team we saw last season is back.
The most reasoned post ever placed on this forum.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 pm

taio wrote:Who on here said that about Heaton? Perhaps there was an odd one but can't remember a single person. Heaton has always had overwhelming support.
There were a good few who claimed Hart was. Better keeper than Heaton. What have they got to say now?

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1473 times
Has Liked: 633 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

With Devil's Advocate the clue is in the name. Fair play for not letting the advocacy slip. Views expressed by DA are likely to be contrary to the main thrust of a thread otherwise there'd be no debate.

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 pm

I never called for his head so I won't apologise.
However IMHO whilst our performances have improved ( or maybe back to last seasons level) because we have played teams who under-performed on the day (Man U, Spurs, Brighton) or we have had lucky breaks that we did not get earlier in the season (Cardiff, Brighton and Spurs).

IMHO the changes in the team were forced on Dyche (MacNeil, Hendrick and Bardsley - injuries, Heaton because he was agitating for a move) but they have worked.

But we still have issues Wood missed three bagable chances against Southampton - but maybe now he will have taken them. Tarks (not yesterday) is still prone the occasional match losing error. We have creative players who would appear to be injury magnets (Lennon, Defour, Joey and Brady) who seem to disappear form view.

But my major concern has always been Dyches inability to give youth a game. We would appear to have a couple of players (aygei, dunne) who could be integrated into the senior side.

Add to this the ongoing Vydra saga and Wells excellent performances ( by all accounts) for QPR, our failure in the transfer market recently, it suggests that there is no real plan for the future.

I think Sean Dyche is the best manager we had in the last 50 year but he will not be here next season because I don't think he can improve us at present. However I believe for his own professional development he needs to leave in the summer and coach in Germany to gain more experience, come back manage a top 6 club and then become England manager.

But what do I know I don't play football manager :D

taio

Post by taio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:48 pm

brexit wrote:I never called for his head so I won't apologise.
However IMHO whilst our performances have improved ( or maybe back to last seasons level) because we have played teams who under-performed on the day (Man U, Spurs, Brighton) or we have had lucky breaks that we did not get earlier in the season (Cardiff, Brighton and Spurs).

IMHO the changes in the team were forced on Dyche (MacNeil, Hendrick and Bardsley - injuries, Heaton because he was agitating for a move) but they have worked.

But we still have issues Wood missed three bagable chances against Southampton - but maybe now he will have taken them. Tarks (not yesterday) is still prone the occasional match losing error. We have creative players who would appear to be injury magnets (Lennon, Defour, Joey and Brady) who seem to disappear form view.

But my major concern has always been Dyches inability to give youth a game. We would appear to have a couple of players (aygei, dunne) who could be integrated into the senior side.

Add to this the ongoing Vydra saga and Wells excellent performances ( by all accounts) for QPR, our failure in the transfer market recently, it suggests that there is no real plan for the future.

I think Sean Dyche is the best manager we had in the last 50 year but he will not be here next season because I don't think he can improve us at present. However I believe for his own professional development he needs to leave in the summer and coach in Germany to gain more experience, come back manage a top 6 club and then become England manager.

About your major concern, I don't believe Agyei and Dunne are at all ready to be in the side. McNeil has thankfully been given his chance from the youth set up.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:09 pm

However IMHO whilst our performances have improved ( or maybe back to last seasons level) because we have played teams who under-performed on the day (Man U, Spurs, Brighton) or we have had lucky breaks that we did not get earlier in the season (Cardiff, Brighton )
I just knew someone would say we haven't played well in our recent run and that it was down to other teams under performing.

brexit

Post by brexit » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Taio - ok then I retract that concern.
If we saying that as a premier league club there is no-one in the U23 ready to make the breakthrough into the senior squad and our recent transfer efforts have not refreshed the squad (apart form Taylor who I count as a success and Gibson as cover) does this not reinforce the view that there does not seem to a plan to move forward?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1984 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Caernarfon_Claret wrote:With Devil's Advocate the clue is in the name. Fair play for not letting the advocacy slip. Views expressed by DA are likely to be contrary to the main thrust of a thread otherwise there'd be no debate.
Took the "Devil" to refer to Manure fan... with a more than passing interest in Burnley. Not his team so feels he can give "an alternative" more dispassionate view.

Touchline
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Touchline » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:32 pm

So, our performances have improved due to other teams not performing on the day or due to our luck improving!!!
Didn’t get much luck at Man U (offside equaliser) and Watford (onside goal disallowed) both around 91st minute.
IMHO you should stick to Brexit.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:34 pm

There’s so much wrong with this post it’s not worth picking apart.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:09 pm

He's called himself "Brexit"

I mean, I guessing reality and listening to experts isn't his thing.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

brexit

Post by brexit » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's called himself "Brexit"

My apologies I keep forgetting you and incontinent turtle are the unimpeachable sources of the truth of any subject that is posted on this message board.

No response to the post just the usual attack on the poster, sad really.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:02 pm

With apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein:

Happy Clapping, clapping happy clap,
Talk about things you like to do,
You've got to love our team,
You've got to dare to dream,
or you'll never have a dream come true.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:18 pm

I questioned him and criticised him (and rightly so at the time) but I DID say give him till the new year, I didn’t call for his head. I’m glad he’s turned it round but I feel no need to apologise for venting my frustration at the time. I’ll think twice next time (but I still think his attitude to cups and Europe is dreadful and that still needs to be addressed).

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Dyche out - disgusting performance
This user liked this post: Spijed

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Lets keep apologies on hold for now :roll:

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:Lets keep apologies on hold for now :roll:

Go support another team and come back when you have a constitution.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Go support another team and come back when you have a constitution.
I was joking, i didn't think there was a cause to apologise in the first place. It's been a good run in the context.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:10 pm

No retraction from myself. On to Saturday, and hopefully another three points.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's called himself "Brexit"

:lol:

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Start earning your money Dyche!!!

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Start earning your money Dyche!!!
Nice post, DA. Why have you posted that today?

whiffa
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 2560 times

Post by whiffa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Nice post, DA. Why have you posted that today?
He posts nonsense on every thread - just ignore him. Eventually the mods will see sense and remove him.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:26 pm

He should go the way of the berk Leeds supporter and KBRFC...........
This user liked this post: whiffa

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:58 pm

just saying......

whiffa
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 2560 times

Post by whiffa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:00 pm