Joey Barton.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Joey Barton.

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:43 pm

Could he be the answer to the doubters? Is He the next step forward for us as a club and a different style of football for the fans...Sean's defensive qualities are there for all to see...but lacking in going forward. Dyches rigid style of play could be putting potential targets off. The Players who ran through brick walls for the manager achieved the Aim
Of gaining promotion and sustaining it...and some gained international caps along the way all to the credit of dyche and his staff....but he appears to be Losing the Fans belief in Him...some on here and some in the Bars and Pubs. Joe Barton could I'm sure attract the right type of Player and throw caution to the wind and play exciting Attacking Football. I've always believed in Dyche......But in and Around Burnley there's Lots of negative comments towards him after today's Game.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: Joey Barton.

Post by South West Claret. » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

tim_noone wrote:Could he be the answer to the doubters? Is He the next step forward for us as a club and a different style of football for the fans...Sean's defensive qualities are there for all to see...but lacking in going forward. Dyches rigid style of play could be putting potential targets off. The Players who ran through brick walls for the manager achieved the Aim
Of gaining promotion and sustaining it...and some gained international caps along the way all to the credit of dyche and his staff....but he appears to be Losing the Fans belief in Him...some on here and some in the Bars and Pubs. Joe Barton could I'm sure attract the right type of Player and throw caution to the wind and play exciting Attacking Football. I've always believed in Dyche......But in and Around Burnley there's Lots of negative comments towards him after today's Game.
In answer to your first sentence no, anyway quite rightly there isn’t a vacancy.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:49 pm

South West Claret. wrote:In answer to your first sentence no, anyway quite rightly there isn’t a vacancy.
I'm Happy with that reply tbh :D

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 pm

tim_noone wrote:I'm Happy with that reply tbh :D

..and so you should be ;)

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:13 am

If Dyche was to go, Bartons the name ive mentioned for plenty of reasons.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 am

Hahahhahahahaha.

I Like Barton, but this is ridiculous.

What exactly has he shown management wise to suggest he’d be an improvement on a guy who took us up twice, three consecutive seasons in the premier league, and helped us qualify for a European competition?

This board is a depressing place after a loss. Nearly every thread negative, attacking the management, the team and a good chunk of the squad. If this board was a accurate reflection of the real attitude of our fanbase, we pretty much deserve to return to the level we were at in the 90’s.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure SussexDon1inIreland

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:10 am

He may, in time, be the answer to a question which hasn't even been asked yet.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 am

What goes thru peoples heads creating these posts
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am

Not joey Barton for me and I don’t want Dyche to go but when he eventually does, could do a lot worse than Alex Neill from Preston. Plays good football, trusts youngsters and does it all on a low budget, looking like they could get play-offs too
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:09 am

Alex Neill could yet end up in the Premier League with Preston

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 am

Indecisive wrote:Hahahhahahahaha.

What exactly has he shown management wise to suggest he’d be an improvement on a guy who took us up twice, three consecutive seasons in the premier league, and helped us qualify for a European competition?

This board is a depressing place after a loss. Nearly every thread negative, attacking the management, the team and a good chunk of the squad. If this board was a accurate reflection of the real attitude of our fanbase, we pretty much deserve to return to the level we were at in the 90’s.
Indeed this place is a depressing place after a defeat.the would you renew your season ticket is a prime example along with they're renaming the "Royal Dyche" one. My post isnt in the negative it's highlighting the discontent around the pubs and clubs in and around Burnley.. I'm firmly in the Dyche camp but there's Lots who aren't. I threw Barton in to the Mix as an Alternative to Duff who's Been mentioned many times on here as the Future...if fans aren't Happy with Dyche then who do they want?

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 am

randomclaret2 wrote:Alex Neill could yet end up in the Premier League with Preston
Is that the Dour scot who took Norwich down?

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 am

Dyche will be off to West Brom on the 1st of june

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3748 times
Has Liked: 7520 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 am

Great cast, Tim.
Low, under the bushes with the sun in your eyes.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am

What had Solskjaer shown that he could improve on ome of the greatest managers of all time?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 am

Spot on.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am

Buxtonclaret wrote:Great cast, Tim.
Low, under the bushes with the sun in your eyes.
And a cold can in the Hand :D and two in the Bush!

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:20 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:What had Solskjaer shown that he could improve on ome of the greatest managers of all time?
FWIW I think it’s bordering on madness to contemplate replacing Dyche. I’m not a happy clapper, I’m a realist. I think to have achieved what Dyche has achieved with our resources is remarkable. I feel like we need to see how changes in our recruitment set up (which has been needed, a fact which Dyche acknowledges), helps us push on next season. For now, we really need to get behind the team and help them over the line.

People are upset at the fact that Dyche isn’t facilitating the same level of over achievement, from what are lower prem/higher championship players, as last year. The expectations are just too high....at times, embarrassingly so.

Games such as yesterday...Leicester are a top team. If we had been given a clear penalty, the atmosphere would have been much different on this messageboard last night. The margins are so tight. We get a goal from Crouchies header down...and that sub becomes lauded as a great decision.

Re solskaer....Not much to be honest.

However Ole was taking over a very talented set of players (a few being world class). He’s a likeable individual with very close links with Ferguson. It was all about bringing together and galvanising a bunch of top top players, who were deeply unhappy with the previous management. Also it was a very low risk appointment to fill a gap, with nothing really at stake. Barton would be nothing like that.

I like Barton, but do I think employing a divisive inexperienced manager is likely to push us on from our current position?? ....it’s massively unlikely. It’s very easy to suggest wild gambles, but put yourself in the position of the board.... it would be irresponsible. Much the same as the ‘fantasy managers’ here want us to splash the cash on signings, disregarding the potentially catastrophic legacy the signings could make if we did go down.

We have a level headed stewardship at the Club, thankfully that is in stark contrast to the attitudes of many on here.