Billionaire investor wanted...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Billionaire investor wanted...

Post by Mala591 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 am

"To invest in a well managed English Premier League football team with a view to recruiting proven quality, technically gifted footballers (soccer players) capable of playing high tempo, creative and exciting football."

This strategy is obviously not without definate and serious risks BUT how else can we compete (playing attacking and entertaining football) at the highest level?

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Re: Billionaire investor wanted...

Post by mdd2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:45 am

We can't and won't. No one with any ££££££ sense would invest in us if they were expecting any returns on their investment. We would be a Notlob, Coventry PDQ once he/she got bored by it all

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:48 am

mdd2 wrote:We can't and won't. No one with any ££££££ sense would invest in us if they were expecting any returns on their investment. We would be a Notlob, Coventry PDQ once he/she got bored by it all
Because of that I've always wondered why someone invested in Bournemouth as there can't be much money to be made.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:53 am

mdd2 wrote:We can't and won't. No one with any ££££££ sense would invest in us if they were expecting any returns on their investment. We would be a Notlob, Coventry PDQ once he/she got bored by it all

We are heading for the same divisions anyway with such rank defeatist attitudes from top to bottom within the club

texasbrit
Been Liked: 71 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by texasbrit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:55 pm

no club of the size of Burnley will ever make a long term success of the PL without multi millions being invested, the finances just doesnt work and the PL is not managed that way, whether you like it or not.

You need significant investment to manintain a sustained PL presence or resign yourself to being a lower league club that ventures in to the top flight now and again.

There is nothing to stop a billionnaire investment working if its managed correctly the reason why most clubs fail after miillions have been invested is that the investors want full control and then either walk away when it doesnt work or take the cash and run, if you put the correct levels of protection in place it can work.

What do fans want?
This user liked this post: claretfern

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

we don't even come close to a sell out in a huge game against Leicester, why the **** would anyone want to invest in us ?
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:we don't even come close to a sell out in a huge game against Leicester, why the **** would anyone want to invest in us ?
But then again, why would anyone want to invest in Bournemouth?

Obviously a reason for it.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Spijed wrote:But then again, why would anyone want to invest in Bournemouth?

Obviously a reason for it.
sunny in Bournemouth :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed Bosscat

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

I've heard it through the grapevine that Garlick is interested in selling and that we do have a potential buyer. A local Burnley fan who is worth a lot more than Mr. Garlick. Not sure if he'd buy if we were to be relegated however.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 pm

For every good one, there's 5 or 6 bad ones. It's a lottery and you really have to be careful what you wish for. Just ask fans of Pompey, Brum, Bolton, Coventry, Oldham, Bradford..............crumbs the list is almost endless!!

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:For every good one, there's 5 or 6 bad ones. It's a lottery and you really have to be careful what you wish for. Just ask fans of Pompey, Brum, Bolton, Coventry, Oldham, Bradford..............crumbs the list is almost endless!!

We are heading for the same division as a few of them clubs anyway.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm

nyclaret wrote:I've heard it through the grapevine that Garlick is interested in selling and that we do have a potential buyer. A local Burnley fan who is worth a lot more than Mr. Garlick. Not sure if he'd buy if we were to be relegated however.

Why not? It would be arguably cheaper to buy so more attractive to a potential fan.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:We are heading for the same division as a few of them clubs anyway.
Difference is Bolton deserve to go bust!

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:We are heading for the same division as a few of them clubs anyway.
I take your point, but we'll be in better shape I hope!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:13 pm

nyclaret wrote:I've heard it through the grapevine that Garlick is interested in selling and that we do have a potential buyer. A local Burnley fan who is worth a lot more than Mr. Garlick. Not sure if he'd buy if we were to be relegated however.
Nah I decided to save my money sorry lads.....

The 2 steps to making a small fortune are

Step one, start with a big fortune.
Step two, buy football club.
Result being, your large fortune becomes smaller rapidly.....

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:we don't even come close to a sell out in a huge game against Leicester, why the **** would anyone want to invest in us ?
How would our attendance against Leicester negatively impact how attractive a proposition the football club is to potential investors?

BurnleyPaul
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by BurnleyPaul » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Spijed wrote:Because of that I've always wondered why someone invested in Bournemouth as there can't be much money to be made.
He lives in the area....ran into somebody connected with Bournemouth whilst out walking on the beach once day!

He’s not doing it as an investment- more as a way of integrating into British society and for the entrance it’s given him into boardrooms and business generally....

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Rileybobs wrote:How would our attendance against Leicester negatively impact how attractive a proposition the football club is to potential investors?
potential growth, basic business

Billyblah
Been Liked: 165 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Billyblah » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:32 pm

He’s not doing it as an investment- more as a way of integrating into British society and for the entrance it’s given him into boardrooms and business generally....[/quote]

'Integrating into British society" we don't want to go down the Venkys route with clueless foreigners who have ££m but don't understand the culture of the game. Meanwhile other multi millionaire owners have attempted to change club colours to something more "lucky"....oh and then we have British multi millionaires.... the Oystons being a case in point.
Be careful what you wish for
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:potential growth, basic business
No it isn't. An investor isn't going to pay any attention whatsoever to a few hundred empty seats in a one off game with horrible weather conditions and a local motorway closed.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Bosscat wrote:Nah I decided to save my money sorry lads.....

The 2 steps to making a small fortune are

Step one, start with a big fortune.
Step two, buy football club.
Result being, your large fortune becomes smaller rapidly.....
Not true in Garlick's case though.
Buy shares
Don't risk the value of your shares falling by opening the dry powder store to spend on lavish things such as players or improving the stadium. Just the bare minimum spend you can realistically get away with.
Sell shares
Leave with a big profit

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:53 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:Not true in Garlick's case though.
Buy shares
Don't risk the value of your shares falling by opening the dry powder store to spend on lavish things such as players or improving the stadium. Just the bare minimum spend you can realistically get away with.
Sell shares
Leave with a big profit
How does the value of Garlick's shares rise?

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Anyone investing in us is not going to be doing it to make money it's an ego trip and we'll be cast aside like any other hobby.

If it means selling out to someone who cares nothing for us then I'd rather not. Staying up is meaningful because we've worked hard for it not just spent our way to success
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Foshiznik

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Rileybobs wrote:No it isn't. An investor isn't going to pay any attention whatsoever to a few hundred empty seats in a one off game with horrible weather conditions and a local motorway closed.
really ? so you don't think an investor looks at potential growth then ?

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Rileybobs wrote:How does the value of Garlick's shares rise?
It tends to happen when the value of the company rises. Which includes the money in the bank.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 pm

And we've got to attract THE FINEST TALENT to the UK...

Yaboo sucks.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:really ? so you don't think an investor looks at potential growth then ?
Yes, but I fail to see how our attendance against Leicester, taken in isolation, gives any insight into potential growth.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:58 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:It tends to happen when the value of the company rises. Which includes the money in the bank.
And what is the best way for the value of the company to rise?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Yes, but I fail to see how our attendance against Leicester, taken in isolation, gives any insight into potential growth.
only you've taken it in isolation, I could have listed 95% of our home games.

PutTheWheelieBinsOut

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:And what is the best way for the value of the company to rise?
Well in a lot of cases it's to invest the profits back in to the company so there is a chance to make greater profits in the future. I think however Garlick takes a different approach.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:only you've taken it in isolation, I could have listed 95% of our home games.
That was you taking the game in isolation. I fail to see the point you're making. A very small percentage of a Premier League club's revenue is generated from spectators. We could have 40,000 season ticket holders and this would only account for approx £16m. Hence, a few hundred empty seats in the lashing rain isn't going to figure in the mind of an investor.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:10 pm

'And what is the best way of the value of the company to rise....'

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:11 pm

PutTheWheelieBinsOut wrote:Well in a lot of cases it's to invest the profits back in to the company so there is a chance to make greater profits in the future. I think however Garlick takes a different approach.
And investing the profits back in to the company is exactly what Garlick has done. He's done this in the form of player purchases, stadium improvements and training ground improvements. He might not have invested as much as you'd have liked him to, but I'm guessing that he's a hell of a lot more successful than you in business so I would certainly side with his way of doing things over yours.

He may take a different approach to some other chairmen, however those chairmen are able to run their football club at a loss due to their wealth.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Rileybobs wrote:That was you taking the game in isolation. I fail to see the point you're making. A very small percentage of a Premier League club's revenue is generated from spectators. We could have 40,000 season ticket holders and this would only account for approx £16m. Hence, a few hundred empty seats in the lashing rain isn't going to figure in the mind of an investor.
you are now only looking at season tickets, that's not potential growth

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:you are now only looking at season tickets, that's not potential growth
I'm using season tickets because you brought up attendances. Potential growth for a football club like us is an increase in revenue from TV deals. A club with a larger fan base is clearly more of an attractive investment than us but the main reason why people want to invest in Premier League football clubs is to take advantage of the huge sums of money on offer from the TV deals. Our attendance against Leicester is largely irrelevant.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I'm using season tickets because you brought up attendances. Potential growth for a football club like us is an increase in revenue from TV deals. A club with a larger fan base is clearly more of an attractive investment than us but the main reason why people want to invest in Premier League football clubs is to take advantage of the huge sums of money on offer from the TV deals. Our attendance against Leicester is largely irrelevant.
If you think the only way we can increase our revenue is by a TV deal then I don't think anything I say will make a difference. Also if my memory serves well (which it often doesn't!), the TV money is going down not up in the next deal so god help us ! The attendance is far from irrelevant and represents an extraordinary short sighted view on potential

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

We once had an investor allegedly looking to invest serious money ."Millionaire"Ray Ingelby .That didnt go too well.Also the less said about Flood and investing in our club the better.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:If you think the only way we can increase our revenue is by a TV deal then I don't think anything I say will make a difference. Also if my memory serves well (which it often doesn't!), the TV money is going down not up in the next deal so god help us ! The attendance is far from irrelevant and represents an extraordinary short sighted view on potential
I don't think that's the only way we can increase our revenue, but the TV deal is clearly the big draw from an investment point of view, I'm not sure how you can dispute this.

I don't understand why you think that our attendance against Leicester means that no one would want to invest in us? I'm just asking a question about a statement that you made and you seem unwilling to clarify.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don't think that's the only way we can increase our revenue, but the TV deal is clearly the big draw from an investment point of view, I'm not sure how you can dispute this.

I don't understand why you think that our attendance against Leicester means that no one would want to invest in us? I'm just asking a question about a statement that you made and you seem unwilling to clarify.
Who disputed the TV deal is a draw for investors and probably the biggest draw at that ? I didn't

On the attendance thing it's pretty obvious. Lets say we average 18k with a potential maximum growth to 19-20 given the size of the ground - shirt sales, sponsorship deals, corporate boxes etc are limited. If an investor see's an opportunity to build a new ground and fill it with 40k then all the basic things I just mentioned go up, especially the corporate side. However, I feel we don't have that potential given the catchment area etc which is one of the reasons we aren't an attractive option for an investor - there's a reason the investment goes to the bigger clubs (Bournemouth excluded, but it would be interesting to see if they could fill a 30k stadium for example as the catchment area is huge) and that is for future potential. I think for anyone to write off the attendances as a non factor is bizarre - if it was just about TV money then every club would have investment, the proof thus lies in the pudding

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm

The big draw for investment is the TV deal and FFP regulation combined with restrictions on wage growth - it encourages you to make a profit and creates an environment were losses are frowned upon. The premier league would be awash with more American owners if we added no relegation, but that would almost instantly lead to a true franchise model and a club like ours would be bought and moved to another city asap

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Mala591 wrote:"To invest in a well managed English Premier League football team with a view to recruiting proven quality, technically gifted footballers (soccer players) capable of playing high tempo, creative and exciting football."

This strategy is obviously not without definate and serious risks BUT how else can we compete (playing attacking and entertaining football) at the highest level?
Oh no we dont Tubbs. This is a local club for local people!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190317-175019_MixBooth.jpg
Screenshot_20190317-175019_MixBooth.jpg (858.16 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
This user liked this post: Steddyman

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Who disputed the TV deal is a draw for investors and probably the biggest draw at that ? I didn't

On the attendance thing it's pretty obvious. Lets say we average 18k with a potential maximum growth to 19-20 given the size of the ground - shirt sales, sponsorship deals, corporate boxes etc are limited. If an investor see's an opportunity to build a new ground and fill it with 40k then all the basic things I just mentioned go up, especially the corporate side. However, I feel we don't have that potential given the catchment area etc which is one of the reasons we aren't an attractive option for an investor - there's a reason the investment goes to the bigger clubs (Bournemouth excluded, but it would be interesting to see if they could fill a 30k stadium for example as the catchment area is huge) and that is for future potential. I think for anyone to write off the attendances as a non factor is bizarre - if it was just about TV money then every club would have investment, the proof thus lies in the pudding
To clarify I haven't written off attendances as a non-factor for investors, and you know I haven't so I don't know why you are claiming that I have. You stated that no one would want to invest in us and used our attendance against Leicester as a reason why. That is clearly absurd as we are very investable. I think you just said something silly and it would make more sense for you to own up to that than go around the houses. There's not much point discussing this any further.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:To clarify I haven't written off attendances as a non-factor for investors, and you know I haven't so I don't know why you are claiming that I have. You stated that no one would want to invest in us and used our attendance against Leicester as a reason why. That is clearly absurd as we are very investable. I think you just said something silly and it would make more sense for you to own up to that than go around the houses. There's not much point discussing this any further.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and I'e explained why I gave our attendances as an issue, if we are so investable then why hasn't happened ? Incredibly glad you've never been involved in any of my businesses

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don't think that's the only way we can increase our revenue, but the TV deal is clearly the big draw from an investment point of view, I'm not sure how you can dispute this.

Hi Rileybobs,

So, Burnley FC remain in the Premier League - and receive the (approx) same share of tv money as all the other 19 PL teams. The tv revenue needs to be spent on players, some transfers in (less any transfers out) and player wages (maybe coaching staff as well). Let's imagine that the ST income and other ticket sales, covers all the other costs of the club, including maintaining the ground (playing surface, stands etc) and the training ground and all the development teams.

An investor might ask herself/himself how long can Burnley stay in the Premier League, what do I need to do to give the team - and, therefore, my investment - the best chance to always be in 17th or higher at the end of the season? If I'm confident I can achieve this, then maybe my investment is safe - and maybe I can start to explore how it will grow in value.

Or, maybe I factor in the risk of relegation to the Championship - and I start to create scenarios when the team can gain promotion, again, from the Championship back up to the PL.

And, I put into this the amount of additional investment/new cash I will need to find to continue to "build the team" and my investment.

So, Burnley FC get Premier League tv money - and so do all the other PL clubs. BFC have a certain level of fan base - and the potential to grow that fan base by X? And, Burnley have a long and proud history of being among England's top football teams (and they can never take the past away from us.)

But, as an investor - unless I have a connection with the town of Burnley/N.E Lancs - I might ask myself why would I invest my money in Burnley? Should I, instead, take a look at Newcastle (I forgot has Mike Ashley got the for sale sign out at the moment, or not?) or at many other clubs?

And, what about the other clubs in the division below? Will it be cheaper to buy one of those and build that club up? How does their potential fan base compare with Burnley's? How close are competing football clubs to them? etc, etc?

I think that's the reality. It's not just the tv money, it's not just player wages, it's not the number of ST tickets (or the price of those STs), it's definitely not the £24 million cash in the back and all the creditors that may need to be paid from some of that cash, it's always the whole package - and the risk of going down and the cost of giving the club the chance to stay up.

As one of the posters on this site has posted once or twice, and then some - of course, in a very different context - it's the realities.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Bosscat

Dazzler
Been Liked: 874 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:04 pm

There's not only the Russian fellow who has put money in Bournemouth.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ake-to-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Vegas Claret wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and I'e explained why I gave our attendances as an issue, if we are so investable then why hasn't happened ? Incredibly glad you've never been involved in any of my businesses
No, you said;

'we don't even come close to a sell out in a huge game against Leicester, why the **** would anyone want to invest in us ?'

That is a ridiculous claim, and nothing you have said since has clarified why us not selling out against Leicester means that no one would want to invest in us. You've waffled on about other things which I'm not even disagreeing with.

And your final sentence just comes across as pompous as you know nothing about me or my credentials.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Rileybobs wrote:No, you said;

'we don't even come close to a sell out in a huge game against Leicester, why the **** would anyone want to invest in us ?'

That is a ridiculous claim, and nothing you have said since has clarified why us not selling out against Leicester means that no one would want to invest in us. You've waffled on about other things which I'm not even disagreeing with.

And your final sentence just comes across as pompous as you know nothing about me or my credentials.
and I also said I could have listed 95% of our home games, you seem to ignore points that don't suit your agenda. You are right, I know nothing about you so I can only go off what you say on here. I actually think you are one of the better posters on here
Last edited by Vegas Claret on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Rileybobs,

So, Burnley FC remain in the Premier League - and receive the (approx) same share of tv money as all the other 19 PL teams. The tv revenue needs to be spent on players, some transfers in (less any transfers out) and player wages (maybe coaching staff as well). Let's imagine that the ST income and other ticket sales, covers all the other costs of the club, including maintaining the ground (playing surface, stands etc) and the training ground and all the development teams.

An investor might ask herself/himself how long can Burnley stay in the Premier League, what do I need to do to give the team - and, therefore, my investment - the best chance to always be in 17th or higher at the end of the season? If I'm confident I can achieve this, then maybe my investment is safe - and maybe I can start to explore how it will grow in value.

Or, maybe I factor in the risk of relegation to the Championship - and I start to create scenarios when the team can gain promotion, again, from the Championship back up to the PL.

And, I put into this the amount of additional investment/new cash I will need to find to continue to "build the team" and my investment.

So, Burnley FC get Premier League tv money - and so do all the other PL clubs. BFC have a certain level of fan base - and the potential to grow that fan base by X? And, Burnley have a long and proud history of being among England's top football teams (and they can never take the past away from us.)

But, as an investor - unless I have a connection with the town of Burnley/N.E Lancs - I might ask myself why would I invest my money in Burnley? Should I, instead, take a look at Newcastle (I forgot has Mike Ashley got the for sale sign out at the moment, or not?) or at many other clubs?

And, what about the other clubs in the division below? Will it be cheaper to buy one of those and build that club up? How does their potential fan base compare with Burnley's? How close are competing football clubs to them? etc, etc?

I think that's the reality. It's not just the tv money, it's not just player wages, it's not the number of ST tickets (or the price of those STs), it's definitely not the £24 million cash in the back and all the creditors that may need to be paid from some of that cash, it's always the whole package - and the risk of going down and the cost of giving the club the chance to stay up.

As one of the posters on this site has posted once or twice, and then some - of course, in a very different context - it's the realities.

UTC
Hi PW. If you read over my posts you will see that I haven't said that our attendances or potential for growth are not a factor for investors. I have stated on numerous times that currently, the biggest draw for an investor is the lucrative deals on offer from television. I've said in a previous post that a club with a larger attendance or fan base is likely to be a bigger draw so I'm not disputing that. What I'm disputing is the claim that no one would want to invest in us because of our attendance, notably the fact that we didn't sell out against Leicester. That does not make us an unattractive investment opportunity.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:11 pm

**** me Riley, I could have mentioned 95% of our attendances and you are stuck on Leicester - I mentioned that because it was yesterday and our most recent game

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:and I also said I could have listed 95% of our home games, you seem to ignore points that don't suit your agenda. You are right, I know nothing about you so I can only go off what you say on here
Jesus man, this was your post;

Nothing about 95% of home games etc. The post above was the one that I questioned and you have gone off on a wild tangent, muddied the waters and still not clarified your original point.