Be proud we are still punching way above weight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Be proud we are still punching way above weight

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes there has been mistakes (transfer windows, dept of quality in squad etc,etc) but look at the size of the town, the area, the stadium capacity, the transfer budget, the wages budget we are doing incredibly well.
This town club unless we get major investment can only aim for survival in any premiership campaign, aiming for the 3 promoted clubs and then ?? maybe realistically 1-2 others like a Brighton. Our transfer and wage budget means we can only buy/attract a certain calibre of player thus determine our style of play at times but even if we unearth a gem Austin, Ings, Keane, Gray they will get poached anyway and quite easily when they realise what they get paid.
Enjoy the ride, support the lads and yes reality check just like Bolton, Rovers, Wigan etc etc eventually the premiership status (unless a major investor appears abd has that helped Fulham ?) will end, thats the reality of a town club punching way above its weight.
These 10 users liked this post: Leisure Murger tim_noone CombatClaret SussexDon1inIreland djt2006 AfloatinClaret South West Claret. Clarets4me Darnhill Claret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Re: Be proud we are still punching way above weight

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Good job we didnt have this attitude when we were in Division 4

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Does that mean we are better than Huddersfield Fulham and Cardiff,and that's it

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

BINGO!

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

we are a lower sized Championship club at best, that's what make's the summer opportunity the biggest missed opportunity for Burnley Football Club in my life time. Small minded, lack of ambition and it's coming right back to bite us. Garlick's worst hour as such.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:we are a lower sized Championship club at best, that's what make's the summer opportunity the biggest missed opportunity for Burnley Football Club in my life time. Small minded, lack of ambition and it's coming right back to bite us. Garlick's worst hour as such.
If you believe we are a lower sized Championship club at best and the Chairman is the main person culpable, that feels at odds with some of you other comments like your insistence that Dyche should have been sacked at Christmas.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm

We have a team capable of playing decent football, to accept the shite that gets served up is small time mentality.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Pride at ‘punching above our weight’ wears a bit thin, after a while.
These 5 users liked this post: Steve1956 THEWELLERNUT70 Murger Corky cockneyclaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:28 pm

taio wrote:If you believe we are a lower sized Championship club at best and the Chairman is the main person culpable, that feels at odds with some of you other comments like your insistence that Dyche should have been sacked at Christmas.
I can't sack the board and our football is turgid for the most part, what money Dyche has been given he has wasted the majority. I've said 100% of the time I want to see decent football and I don't care what division we are in. My dilemma is if Dyche was given a decent amount of money to spend would he change the style of play ? I don't think so and it's for that reason I don't think he is the right person to take us forward.

He's been the most successful in terms of achievements in my life time no question but I genuinely don't adhere to the "he's getting the most out of what he has". We've shown in patches in the PL that when we play it on the deck we are a match for most teams outside the top 6-7 but there is an insistence on hoofing the ball into the corners which simply doesn't work, his substitutions are for the most part baffling and to play 4 at the back yesterday for 90 mins against 1 striker sums him up. He asks the players to be brave and yet does exactly the opposite himself.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:28 pm

s6t9a2f3f wrote:Yes there has been mistakes (transfer windows, dept of quality in squad etc,etc) but look at the size of the town, the area, the stadium capacity, the transfer budget, the wages budget we are doing incredibly well.
This town club unless we get major investment can only aim for survival in any premiership campaign, aiming for the 3 promoted clubs and then ?? maybe realistically 1-2 others like a Brighton. Our transfer and wage budget means we can only buy/attract a certain calibre of player thus determine our style of play at times but even if we unearth a gem Austin, Ings, Keane, Gray they will get poached anyway and quite easily when they realise what they get paid.
Enjoy the ride, support the lads and yes reality check just like Bolton, Rovers, Wigan etc etc eventually the premiership status (unless a major investor appears abd has that helped Fulham ?) will end, thats the reality of a town club punching way above its weight.

As I'm reading the OP I have the sound of the old Hovis tune going round in my head for some reason

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:we are a lower sized Championship club at best, that's what make's the summer opportunity the biggest missed opportunity for Burnley Football Club in my life time. Small minded, lack of ambition and it's coming right back to bite us. Garlick's worst hour as such.
So we're a lower sized Championship club but you want us to spend like a mid table Premium League team? That's sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:59 pm

CombatClaret wrote:So we're a lower sized Championship club but you want us to spend like a mid table Premium League team? That's sounds like a recipe for disaster.
are we in the Championship ? NO
did we just finish 7th and had the best opportunity to push the team on ? YES
Did we miss that opportunity by acting like a lower end Championship club when we have the money to aim a touch higher ? YES

In terms of size of club we are lower Championship, through a unbelievable few years we had the chance to move it on and we didn't and the result could well be relegation.

Nobody said go out and spend 100 million but we all said we needed a better midfielder and instead we got Vydra and Crouch - peter ******* crouch !

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:00 pm

The greatest achievement Dyche did for us was getting us up on a shoestring, apart from Defour and Wood (to a certain extent) he has wasted vast sums on dross such as Wells, Walters, Juke, Sordell, ( that’s nearly £10m straight away off the top of my head, just imagine one good player bought for that) some of his free transfers are miles better than his big money signings.

He has done a lot of good for the club undoubtedly but every manager has a lifespan and I think it’s timeto go with his head held high.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Pride at ‘punching above our weight’ wears a bit thin, after a while.
Continually punching above our weight for pretty much Dyche’s tenure. Progressing everything off the pitch as we go. Building a much better infrastructure. Improving our impact in the community. Qualifying for European competition. These are all things to be proud of. Wish those who think it’s ‘wearing thin’ would **** off and let the many of us who appreciate the progress, enjoy it.
These 3 users liked this post: BertiesBeehole BFCmaj Darnhill Claret

Murger

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Indecisive wrote:Continually punching above our weight for pretty much Dyche’s tenure. Progressing everything off the pitch as we go. Building a much better infrastructure. Improving our impact in the community. Qualifying for European competition. These are all things to be proud of. Wish those who think it’s ‘wearing thin’ would **** off and let the many of us who appreciate the progress, enjoy it.
People can appreciate the progress off the pitch as well as being unhappy with what's going on it you know.

Indecisive

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Murger wrote:People can appreciate the progress off the pitch as well as being unhappy with what's going on it you know.
What we have done on the pitch has facilitated the progress of it , ya’know .

For all the drama queenery on here, yesterday wasn’t that bad a performance in the conditions. Could easily have gone the other way in that second half.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Indecisive wrote:Continually punching above our weight for pretty much Dyche’s tenure. Progressing everything off the pitch as we go. Building a much better infrastructure. Improving our impact in the community. Qualifying for European competition. These are all things to be proud of. Wish those who think it’s ‘wearing thin’ would **** off and let the many of us who appreciate the progress, enjoy it.
there's a balance to that too, your points are fair but I feel a little short sighted. A training ground isn't going to attract a player in the Championship when other teams pay more in wages. Lower wages can still attract players into the PL even if they use us as a stepping stone. I doubt anyone isn't pleased with our off the field progress but it has to a degree come at the expense of our on field progress, and Dyche always talks about fine margins - what price would you give to have a better midfielder at his disposal right now ?

Murger

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Indecisive wrote:What we have done on the pitch has facilitated the progress of it , ya’know .

For all the drama queenery on here, yesterday wasn’t that bad a performance in the conditions. Could easily have gone the other way in that second half.
We played **** against 10 men for 85 minutes. The manner of yesterday's defeat isn't a 1 off either. Telling people to keep away because they don't enjoy what they see smacks of 'superfan' status.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Indecisive

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Murger wrote:We played **** against 10 men for 85 minutes. The manner of yesterday's defeat isn't a 1 off either. Telling people to keep away because they don't enjoy what they see smacks of 'superfan' status.

If people really aren’t enjoying it, maybe they should keep away. I just genuinely can’t see how we could possibly have achieved what we have without Dyche. It’s been phenomenal in the circustances.

That 8 game run was a long time coming in some respects but it was no fluke. I went to Watford away and watched us put in a great performance, albeit robbed of the three points in the end. The support and positivity from the stands was great. I just think we need that mentality coming from the stands in this run in. Negativity and frustration in the stands so often leads to edgy performances on the pitch.

I can’t understand the level of negativity on here. There’s so much fickleness. I also really don’t understand how these fans survived the 80’d and 90’s watching us.
These 3 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland evensteadiereddie BFCmaj

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

We were robbed again of a penalty even the MOTD biased panel said it was a penalty then we would have won the match or worst case got a draw

No way did we deserve nothing yesterday

Indecisive

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm

SussexDon1inIreland wrote:We were robbed again of a penalty even the MOTD biased panel said it was a penalty then we would have won the match or worst case got a draw

No way did we deserve nothing yesterday
Afraid to say you’re just inviting being labelled a ‘happy clapper superfan’ mate..

Murger

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:34 pm

If you think the only reason we didn't win was because of a penalty decision, then you need to pay more attention at what's going on.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:36 pm

We certainly should have got the win, certainly shouldn't have lost but if you don't do the basics v 10 (or 11 men) these things happen.

I don't think we can say we deserved to win, though it was a penalty. We just didn't do enough in 90 minutes.

EDIT - and regarding the OP, I am proud every year we punch above our weight, but it does feel like this time we've made some bad decisions, had players player below par and its going to result in a unexpected relegation with the side we have.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Indecisive wrote:If people really aren’t enjoying it, maybe they should keep away. I just genuinely can’t see how we could possibly have achieved what we have without Dyche. It’s been phenomenal in the circustances.

That 8 game run was a long time coming in some respects but it was no fluke. I went to Watford away and watched us put in a great performance, albeit robbed of the three points in the end. The support and positivity from the stands was great. I just think we need that mentality coming from the stands in this run in. Negativity and frustration in the stands so often leads to edgy performances on the pitch.

I can’t understand the level of negativity on here. There’s so much fickleness. I also really don’t understand how these fans survived the 80’d and 90’s watching us.

maybe it's because we survived the 80's and 90's we are concerned that the club is messing up their biggest opportunity in the last 50 years

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 pm

If that's true - if - you should know better. Your predictable snide comments suggest you've not followed - and I mean going on the Turf to watch them -Burnley very much.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:maybe it's because we survived the 80's and 90's we are concerned that the club is messing up their biggest opportunity in the last 50 years
What opportunity?

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:there's a balance to that too, your points are fair but I feel a little short sighted. A training ground isn't going to attract a player in the Championship when other teams pay more in wages. Lower wages can still attract players into the PL even if they use us as a stepping stone. I doubt anyone isn't pleased with our off the field progress but it has to a degree come at the expense of our on field progress, and Dyche always talks about fine margins - what price would you give to have a better midfielder at his disposal right now ?
Hi Vegas, I'm pretty sure it's a "tight rope" act managing Burnley - push things too far one way and we fall off the wire, push them the other and it's the same result, we fall off on the other side. We can't push the wages too far, because we don't have the money. It's the same with the transfer budget - and there's no guaranteed way that transfer spend will always be a success. Yes, I'm sure we will sign some players are wages that are lower than they might get at some other clubs - and with the relegation clause downwards adjustment - because the player wants to think they have a better chance of starting more games, demonstrating their PL status and using the club as a stepping stone. But, we will miss out on many others. The training ground is a valuable investment, it does tilt some of the variables in the club's favour - and it comes with a lot less risk than signing a new player who may get injured pretty soon after joining (putting aside the one's we've brought in with an existing...) or for other reasons just doesn't "click" in the Premier League with Burnley. That's where we are, that's how it is - most of the time Burnley are playing roulette with a wheel with many "banker wins" slots.

Yes, I'd like a £20+ million centre-mid, probably make him captain of the team. Martin Dobson in the early 70s, or Brian O'Neil 5 years earlier. Thing is, they would possibly be in the £50 million bracket these days.

UTC

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Vegas, I'm pretty sure it's a "tight rope" act managing Burnley - push things too far one way and we fall off the wire, push them the other and it's the same result, we fall off on the other side. We can't push the wages too far, because we don't have the money. It's the same with the transfer budget - and there's no guaranteed way that transfer spend will always be a success. Yes, I'm sure we will sign some players are wages that are lower than they might get at some other clubs - and with the relegation clause downwards adjustment - because the player wants to think they have a better chance of starting more games, demonstrating their PL status and using the club as a stepping stone. But, we will miss out on many others. The training ground is a valuable investment, it does tilt some of the variables in the club's favour - and it comes with a lot less risk than signing a new player who may get injured pretty soon after joining (putting aside the one's we've brought in with an existing...) or for other reasons just doesn't "click" in the Premier League with Burnley. That's where we are, that's how it is - most of the time Burnley are playing roulette with a wheel with many "banker wins" slots.

Yes, I'd like a £20+ million centre-mid, probably make him captain of the team. Martin Dobson in the early 70s, or Brian O'Neil 5 years earlier. Thing is, they would possibly be in the £50 million bracket these days.

UTC
Don't disagree with any of that, but a training ground doesn't put bums on seats and win points

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Spijed wrote:What opportunity?
come on Spijed, you are smarter than that

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:maybe it's because we survived the 80's and 90's we are concerned that the club is messing up their biggest opportunity in the last 50 years
Did you ever stop to consider we took the 'opportunity' a few years back and this is what it looks like.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Murger wrote:If you think the only reason we didn't win was because of a penalty decision, then you need to pay more attention at what's going on.
I could "vote" either way on the pen - it wasn't given, so it wasn't a pen. (I'd prefer it was given...)

Equally, I don't think Tarks would have been caught out giving away a free kick if the ref had got in the way when Tarks was about to disposses Maddison. That's how I read that situation developed. Does the ref get awarded the assist?

But, there again, we were more than a little fortunate - or so it appeared - that their guy got sent off. Pity Morgan came on in his place and got the winner - but, heonly got the chance because the flight of the ball was changed when it came off Taylor's boot.

UTC

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Don't disagree with any of that, but a training ground doesn't put bums on seats and win points
It might have something to do with why Dwight McNeil is starting for us - and has scored a couple and added some assists since Christmas, don't you think?

And, get a few more of the youngsters coming through and maybe we will sell a few more STs?

UTC

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:25 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Did you ever stop to consider we took the 'opportunity' a few years back and this is what it looks like.
absolutely, then we signed Sordell, Juke, Reid, Crouch etc etc All that money was so poorly spent. We don't have to spend a boat load of cash, we can't because we don't have it - we need to stop wasting what we do have

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Paul Waine wrote:It might have something to do with why Dwight McNeil is starting for us - and has scored a couple and added some assists since Christmas, don't you think?

And, get a few more of the youngsters coming through and maybe we will sell a few more STs?

UTC

that's as maybe but unless I'm mistaken we play every weekend now not in a few years time. Nobody is saying the training ground or investment wasn't needed and it looks amazing, all I'm saying is had we signed a better midfielder that everyone agreed we needed (especially given the injuries to Brady and Defour from last season) we might not be in the position we are in now. As for McNeil he's been superb - but now we are relying on a kid to save us which is unfair to him

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:come on Spijed, you are smarter than that
The thing is, it's an almost impossible task to get a foothold in the Premier league unless you are one the biggest clubs. Swansea were seen as a model club in recent times, one that we could copy, but they dropped, along with WBA & Stoke. Look at Peter Coates, the chairman of Stoke, a wealthy man but couldn't stop them getting relegated.

Even look at a club like Everton, spending large sums on what? Currently trying to get into the top ten.

That's what we are up against. Even Bournemouth fell foul of FFP spending way beyond what a club of their size should realistically be doing, on gates of 11k.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie CombatClaret

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:that's as maybe but unless I'm mistaken we play every weekend now not in a few years time. Nobody is saying the training ground or investment wasn't needed and it looks amazing, all I'm saying is had we signed a better midfielder that everyone agreed we needed (especially given the injuries to Brady and Defour from last season) we might not be in the position we are in now. As for McNeil he's been superb - but now we are relying on a kid to save us which is unfair to him
Apparently, Sean Dyche asked at his interview what had we got to show for our 2009-10 season in the PL. If the club is interviewing for managers again any time in the future - and I'm in no hurry for Sean Dyche to leave Burnley - the Board could point to many things, and amongst them would be our Premier League status training centre.

Indecisive

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:absolutely, then we signed Sordell, Juke, Reid, Crouch etc etc All that money was so poorly spent. We don't have to spend a boat load of cash, we can't because we don't have it - we need to stop wasting what we do have

You’ll literally spin anything to be negative. Wasted money on crouch? He’s signed as a stop gap and we got nearly 10 million for a player who moved the other way in return...who was pretty much having an identical impact as a sub before him.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Indecisive wrote:You’ll literally spin anything to be negative. Wasted money on crouch? He’s signed as a stop gap and we got nearly 10 million for a player who moved the other way in return...who was pretty much having an identical impact as a sub before him.
no, i literally state facts, If you interpret that as me being negative then that's your issue

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Spijed wrote:The thing is, it's an almost impossible task to get a foothold in the Premier league unless you are one the biggest clubs. Swansea were seen as a model club in recent times, one that we could copy, but they dropped, along with WBA & Stoke. Look at Peter Coates, the chairman of Stoke, a wealthy man but couldn't stop them getting relegated.

Even look at a club like Everton, spending large sums on what? Currently trying to get into the top ten.

That's what we are up against. Even Bournemouth fell foul of FFP spending way beyond what a club of their size should realistically be doing, on gates of 11k.
I'm not saying spend 100 million or even 50 for that matter. How do we go into a season with 2 CM's, Defour injured, Brady injured etc ?

Indecisive

Post by Indecisive » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Literally state facts . Hahaha.

You state opinions. Lots of negative opinions.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Indecisive wrote:Literally state facts . Hahaha.

You state opinions. Lots of negative opinions.
learn how to use the quote function

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:I'm not saying spend 100 million or even 50 for that matter. How do we go into a season with 2 CM's, Defour injured, Brady injured etc ?
2 central midfielders - is that fact or opinion?

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:29 pm

You’re in luck. I’m not renewing my ST this year. I’m genuinely p1ssed off with how we’ve stagnated on the pitch in the past 18 months. There’s really no excuse for it.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:33 pm

taio wrote:2 central midfielders - is that fact or opinion?
Westwood and Cork - looks rather factual to me given the fact Dyche can't figure out where to put Hendrick

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Westwood and Cork - looks rather factual to me given the fact Dyche can't figure out where to put Hendrick
Yes Hendrick is a CM who has often plays on the right and of course Dyche played him in the hole. Still a CM though.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm

taio wrote:Yes Hendrick is a CM who has often plays on the right and of course Dyche played him in the hole. Still a CM though.
but he doesn't or very rarely plays him there because Dyche either doesn't think it's his best position or thinks that Cork and Westwood are either better individually or collectively. That means, should Cork or Westwood get injured we have to play the person Dyche doesn't want to play there in the first place. We needed one midfielder that is better than what we have to increase the competition and I would be surprised if that's not a unanimous opinion

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:but he doesn't or very rarely plays him there because Dyche either doesn't think it's his best position or thinks that Cork and Westwood are either better individually or collectively. That means, should Cork or Westwood get injured we have to play the person Dyche doesn't want to play there in the first place. We needed one midfielder that is better than what we have to increase the competition and I would be surprised if that's not a unanimous opinion
He's a CM. I see you've said you would play him there in the next game. It's indisputable. I'm not saying we didn't need another CM. Just disputing we only went into the season with two. That's factually incorrect.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:55 pm

One of the main reasons why Stoke & WBA got relegated was because they became stale, which is what we are now doing.

Same type of player, same style of play - predictable.

Other teams work on this and know how to nullify it.
Football players are all relatively young and need to change, progress, move in different directions to enable them to sustain the pressures of high intensity football.

The best example of this was Man Utd.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

taio wrote:He's a CM. I see you've said you would play him there in the next game. It's indisputable. I'm not saying we didn't need another CM. Just disputing we only went into the season with two. That's factually incorrect.
agree to disagree then. Just cause I've said play him doesn't mean he should, I'd rather play anyone in there than Jack Cork at the moment. He started the season as our best player in the European games but something has happened to him, dunno if it's confidence or just severe lack of form but for the most part he has unfortunately been woeful and a shadow of what earned him his England call up. Dyche's hands are tied because we didn't bring in another CM

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:agree to disagree then. Just cause I've said play him doesn't mean he should, I'd rather play anyone in there than Jack Cork at the moment. He started the season as our best player in the European games but something has happened to him, dunno if it's confidence or just severe lack of form but for the most part he has unfortunately been woeful and a shadow of what earned him his England call up. Dyche's hands are tied because we didn't bring in another CM
You are disagreeing Hendrick is a CM, really?

I know just because you've said play him there doesn't mean he should. Obviously. But one would hope that you suggesting it means you've acknowledged he's a CM.

If I could be arsed I could reference loads of web pages and line-ups showing him as a CM.