Danny Rose

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Danny Rose

Post by bobinho » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Looked for a thread, can’t find owt.

Apparently, the level of racial abuse/inequality in football is SO bad, he can’t wait for his career to be over. :o

However, for £50k+ a week, he will stick it out. :roll:

Look Danny, no one is suggesting it’s right- it’s clearly not, but if it’s THAT bad, walk away now mate, before everyone has you down as a hypocritical whinger.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Re: Danny Rose

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm

He came accross very arrogant to me.

Nobody thinks racism belongs in football or life but saying stuff like he 'Spends more money on a night out in London than countries get fined'.

Keep it real with the fans Danny.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm

bobinho wrote:Looked for a thread, can’t find owt.

Apparently, the level of racial abuse/inequality in football is SO bad, he can’t wait for his career to be over. :o

Look Danny, no one is suggesting it’s right- it’s clearly not, but if it’s THAT bad, walk away now mate, before everyone has you down as a hypocritical whinger.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... acism.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"UEFA are investigating the matter but, after so many incidents, players are losing faith in the authorities to combat the issue.

'Obviously it is a bit sad,' said Rose. 'But when countries only get fined what I'd probably spend on a night out in London, what do you expect? When the punishment is not as harsh, what do you expect?

'You see my manager at Spurs, Mauricio Pochettino, get banned for two games when he has just been in a confrontation with Mike Dean at Burnley. And, yet, a country can only get fined a little bit of money for being racist. It's just a bit of a farce at the minute. Until there's a harsh punishment there's not much else we can expect."
Last edited by Bosscat on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Well just walk away from your £3,200,000 a year salary mate. no ones stopping you .

Yeh didn't think so ……………………………….
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

redwasp
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by redwasp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 pm

I just logged on to post the same thing bobinho. If it bothers him that much he can pack in anytime he wants.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:06 pm

He is spot on. 10k & 20k fines to national associations doesn’t cut it. Ground closures followed by expulsions would lead to true fans self policing. By that I don’t mean getting stuck in but every man and his dog now has camera phones. Video it then report it with evidence.

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Of course, the obvious question is why the hell should he have to quit his job because of racist abuse? He's paid to be a footballer, not the target of abuse.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Bacchus wrote:Of course, the obvious question is why the hell should he have to quit his job because of racist abuse? He's paid to be a footballer, not the target of abuse.
So obvious that it goes without saying.

The point being made out is the complete lack of understanding he has for how fortunate he is, or of the lives most of his fans live. What he considers a night out is a year or mores wages for a lot of fans paying to watch.

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 pm

His salary is not the issue. It is no doubt what has been negotiated with his club. I cannot imagine some sort of clause in it that he has to be prepared to tolerate racist abuse in return for his wages!
Something meaningful has to be done to stop this racist abuse. Fines are of no effect unless in the millions. Point deductions might be an answer but of course this hurts the innocent equally to the guilty. Life bans for those caught are already used but clubs have to accept some responsibility and the antics of some managers and players, whilst not racist in themselves, are still indicative of tolerated bad behaviour. It can be stamped out with a will to do so.
These 2 users liked this post: KLClaret Cleveleys_claret

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Totally agree with racism being unacceptable. Could have found a better way to say it. But the best way to shut the racists up is to play good football not boast about how much you spend on a night out.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

He could possibly drive a taxi.. Become a road sweeper or possibly stick with football and become a referee.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Just heard a BBC report that described racism as “the biggest challenge facing the modern game”, is it? Really?

I’ve been to games fairly regularly over the last 20 years and I really don’t recall hearing or seeing too many racist incidents. Obviously, one is too many but it’s not the biggest challenge, surely?
This user liked this post: basil6345789

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 pm

elwaclaret wrote:So obvious that it goes without saying.

The point being made out is the complete lack of understanding he has for how fortunate he is, or of the lives most of his fans live. What he considers a night out is a year or mores wages for a lot of fans paying to watch.
That might well be the case. His point is still valid though. Some people seem to be suggesting he should make a choice between his career and being racially abused which is clearly not a choice anyone should have to make, whether they are a footballer or an actor or a bus driver.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Bacchus wrote:That might well be the case. His point is still valid though. Some people seem to be suggesting he should make a choice between his career and being racially abused which is clearly not a choice anyone should have to make, whether they are a footballer or an actor or a bus driver.
Don’t disagree with you, I simply don’t see the inference in more than perhaps one post. I understand colour prejudice less than I understand most things so maybe I just don’t spot the connotative meanings. I prefer (and hope) any player making comments so removed from the ‘real life’ workers reality would receive similar barded replies to those above.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:46 pm

His point is valid right up to the point he stays around the cash cow to milk it for all he can (presumably to fund his London nite life style) until such a point they won’t pay him anymore and he has to find a proper job in the real world.

He can’t wait to leave football? ********. He can leave right now, but the obscene amount of money he received softens the blow of the nasty names he gets called. He’s talking shite.

It’s awful that he gets this kind of treatment, but his statements are ********.
These 2 users liked this post: Top Claret LeadBelly

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 pm

He's 100% spot on and it's just another way to highlight it. It's disgusting, I've heard it from Burnley fans many a time in the past but I hope we've got rid of those idiots by now. No place for it in society never mind at a sporting venue
This user liked this post: Cleveleys_claret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:56 pm

The guy is full of shi!te, he is a full blown hand job
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Media sponsored story to divert us from Brexit.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Media sponsored story to divert us from Brexit.
Yeman.....

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Considering literally millions of people in Europe ( let’s say “ civilised Europe “) rather than some of the primitive ex soviet and Slavic states watch football week in week out and racism is extremely rare . I can’t recsll seeing or hearing anything on the turf since a match under Waddle where there were some monkey chants . Only U.K. things I can recall are a couple of bellends at a pre season at Bradford and the Chelsea fan who called Sterling a “ manc **** “

It’s wholly unacceptable and I’m pretty sure it would be called out pretty quickly in any English ground .But having Rose, who is a bit of a troublemaker himself bitching rather stroppily and bigging up his beer money isn’t helping, he even did the dirty on his own teammates recently .

Why don’t fifa simply do 2 strikes and OUT on ANY country simple as that send out the message that just because you may be. A barbaric Russian doesn’t allow you to abuse black players
Last edited by AlargeClaret on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Media sponsored story to divert us from Brexit.
Are you Roses twin?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Sticks and stones . . . . . . . . . .

If you don't like it why don't you pack it in right now and then dedicate your time to showing the
authorities how to stamp it out if it's so easy.

Alternatively, just shut up and continue your quest to become a millionaire.

Honestly, some folk.

I totally agree that it's not at all acceptable by the way.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:24 pm

The Utopia where no one shouts horrible things at a football match, is never going to be 100% achievable.

Get on with it you soft sh1te.
These 3 users liked this post: LeadBelly Top Claret Kgun5

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:31 pm

This thread is actually significantly more ridiculous than a typical UTC racism thread, which is saying quite something. If Danny Rose prematurely ends his career by quitting his job on account of a sense of hopelessness for the game's future vis-a-vis racism, borne of the utterly inept, spineless, and perceived to be indifferent response of the footballing authorities towards the blatantly obvious racist abuse he and other black footballers endure, then racists have won and racism is legitimised - clearly - and I can only imagine anyone demanding he quit now lest he act hypocritically (putting aside the fact that isn't hypocrisy) is speaking out of petty envy of his salary. Would anyone hold, say, a Catholic Christian or a Jew or a woman to the same standard? No, of course you wouldn't. Your respect for their rights work in an environment free from racial or religious bigotry would be without condition, and no manner of 'clumsy' articulation would make the point any less clearly heard, so stick your objections to the manner (oh, the manner, if only he'd spoken in a different manner) in which he has expressed his views up your arse, because it's clear the true affront he's causing you lot is the conflict in your head between the tribal biases you're too lazy and insecure to challenge of yourself which say "I belong to a better class" and the realisation that the "group" to which you belong is, at best, an indifferent bystander, at worst, acting like animals.

NB, sandal wearers, venom, got it, thanks.
Last edited by Spiral on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Erasmus Brisliam Greenmile

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:40 pm

So what's your answer then, oh holier than thou ?

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Spiral wrote:This thread is actually significantly more ridiculous than a typical UTC racism thread, which is saying quite something. If Danny Rose prematurely ends his career by quitting his job on account of a sense of hopelessness for the game's future vis-a-vis racism, borne of the utterly inept, spineless, and perceived to be indifferent response of the footballing authorities towards the blatantly obvious racist abuse he and other black footballers endure, then racist have won and racism is legitimised - clearly - and I can only imagine anyone demanding he quit now lest he act hypocritically (putting aside the fact that isn't hypocrisy) is speaking out of petty envy of his salary. Would anyone hold, say, a Catholic Christian or a Jew or a woman to the same standard? No, of course you wouldn't. Your respect for their rights work in an environment free from racial or religious bigotry would be without condition, and no manner of 'clumsy' articulation would make the point and less clearly heard, so stick your objections to the manner (oh, the manner, if only he'd spoken in a different manner) in which he has expressed his views up your arse, because it's clear the true affront he's causing you lot is the conflict in your head between the tribal biases you're too lazy and insecure to challenge of yourself which say "I belong to a better class" and the realisation that the "group" to which you belong is, at best, an indifferent bystander, at worst, acting like animals.

NB, sandal wearers, venom, got it, thanks.

I challenged the moron at the League Cup semi final v Spurs, who was shouting Jew and Hitler stuff and making gas noises at the Spurs fans.

You girls blouse.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:So what's your answer then, oh holier than thou ?
Where is he being holier than thou?

Rose shouldn't quit a job because of racism, he is, and should be, helping to raise awareness of it to force the authorities to tackle it.

Sterling isn't picked on by the media because he's young, rich etc, he's picked on because he's black, young and rich etc.

Ravel Morrison is generally left alone yet he's done far more dickheadish things in his career than Sterling but because he's busy throwing his career away the media don't give him the same intense focus.

If any of you were racially abused whilst doing your job, you'd be pretty hacked off if you were told to quit or put up with it.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Where is he being holier than thou?

Rose shouldn't quit a job because of racism, he is, and should be, helping to raise awareness of it to force the authorities to tackle it.

Sterling isn't picked on by the media because he's young, rich etc, he's picked on because he's black, young and rich etc.

Ravel Morrison is generally left alone yet he's done far more dickheadish things in his career than Sterling but because he's busy throwing his career away the media don't give him the same intense focus.

If any of you were racially abused whilst doing your job, you'd be pretty hacked off if you were told to quit or put up with it.
Excluding the word "racially" in your last paragraph...the rest of it is common place in the British workplace :o

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:52 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:

I've no doubt been racially abused more living in Nelson,than he has playing football.

But as Dyche says, I won't cry it in. :)

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:55 pm

He has a point to be fair.
He is as thick as two short planks though
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I challenged the moron at the League Cup semi final v Spurs, who was shouting Jew and Hitler stuff and making gas noises at the Spurs fans.

You girls blouse.
That's sound. Good for you. It doesn't give you credit in the bank to trivialise efforts to act on the issue Rose has raised, though, so I'm not sure what your point is, because I'm almost certain you wouldn't presume to speak for the others in this thread who have gone to the effort of objecting to him and the way he has raised the issue to a degree greater than they have toward the issue itself.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Damo wrote:He has a point to be fair.
He is as thick as two short planks though
Who godisadeejay81? :?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 pm

No use trying to debate with spiral at this hour on a Friday night

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Spiral wrote:That's sound. Good for you.
No not good for me, because I'd rather not have had to do it.

The only way of stopping folk shouting horrible things at a football match, is to play in empty stadiums.

But then no one will witness Dwight McNeil running rings around the delicate Rose.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:33 pm

What else is expected from a country with a minute amount of blacks - if any, that's been caught up with ethno-nationalistic conflict all the 20th century.

I'm not justifying their actions but it was hardly shocking was it?

Laugh at the plebs and whip their team, walking off isn't going to do anything is it?

You know, we thrashed them and Danny Rose gets to go back to his undoubtedly worldie of a Mrs in a London penthouse - hardly a bad life.

If this was going on up and down the PL I'd agree with him.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:39 pm

tim_noone wrote:Excluding the word "racially" in your last paragraph...the rest of it is common place in the British workplace :o
If it isn't discriminating then it isn't an issue, we all mock each other at work, helps the day go by.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:What else is expected from a country with a minute amount of blacks - if any, that's been caught up with ethno-nationalistic conflict all the 20th century.

I'm not justifying their actions but it was hardly shocking was it?

Laugh at the plebs and whip their team, walking off isn't going to do anything is it?

You know, we thrashed them and Danny Rose gets to go back to his undoubtedly worldie of a Mrs in a London penthouse - hardly a bad life.

If this was going on up and down the PL I'd agree with him.
Ah so walking off and refusing to play wouldn't highlight the issue enough for you?
Or would it annoy you because the game had been stopped for what you're considering to be a minor issue?

As for the PL, can I point you towards Chelsea and the attitude of some of their fans to Sterling....

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:46 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Ah so walking off and refusing to play wouldn't highlight the issue enough for you?
Or would it annoy you because the game had been stopped for what you're considering to be a minor issue?

As for the PL, can I point you towards Chelsea and the attitude of some of their fans to Sterling....
I think walking off let's them win tbh.
England 2-0 up and we walk off the pitch? I'm not so sure that's right, ignore and batter them instead - surely a way better way to respond.

OK, yes the Sterling issue - fair point what they did was wrong but correct me if I'm wrong that was an isolated incident and it hasn't been happening up and down the PL to black players has it?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:54 pm

CoolClaret wrote:I think walking off let's them win tbh.
England 2-0 up and we walk off the pitch? I'm not so sure that's right, ignore and batter them instead - surely a way better way to respond.

OK, yes the Sterling issue - fair point what they did was wrong but correct me if I'm wrong that was an isolated incident and it hasn't been happening up and down the PL to black players has it?
Personally I think walking off and refusing to play due to racial abuse is the best way and force the authorities to deal with it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 57326.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In answer to your second part, it's 14 at Burnley up to 2015, the time of the article.
Should indicate that the problem isn't going away.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Personally I think walking off and refusing to play due to racial abuse is the best way and force the authorities to deal with it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 57326.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In answer to your second part, it's 14 at Burnley up to 2015, the time of the article.
Should indicate that the problem isn't going away.
OK, we'll agree to disagree on the walking off the field point.

So 1.1 arrest per season @ for Burnley? Obviously 1.1 higher than it should be, but I'd still argue it isn't rife.

Fair point as though it seems as though it isn't going away... Perhaps I'm oblivious? I've never witnessed it myself and I go on everyweek.

I do however recall last season when Andre Gray was warming up on the side for Watford; some numpties gave him continuous stick until me and my father told them to shut the hell up.

It wasn't racist abuse but they continued on at him in comparison to other ex Burnley players - maybe it was some deep rooted racism?

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Interesting how our own John Francis handled it at Plymouth in that brilliant second leg play off game when upon receiving racial abuse we went and scored two superbly taken goals to take us through to Wembley, a very good night was had by all of us :)

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:14 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
So 1.1 arrest per season @ for Burnley? Obviously 1.1 higher than it should be, but I'd still argue it isn't rife.

It's not even worth mentioning, never mind it being rife.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:It's not even worth mentioning, never mind it being rife.
Therein lies the problem, when people dismiss it as not worth mentioning.
Same with other forms of discrimination, if it's only a little, let's not worry about it, why bother etc.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:17 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Therein lies the problem, when people dismiss it as not worth mentioning.
Same with other forms of discrimination, if it's only a little, let's not worry about it, why bother etc.
14 people over a lengthy time is not worth mentioning. The whole of the Cricketfield making monkey noises would be.

The Utopia that you're after will never exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zkjQVh5KmQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:35 am

pushpinpussy wrote:Well just walk away from your £3,200,000 a year salary mate. no ones stopping you .

Yeh didn't think so ……………………………….
Would you?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:39 am

It's amazing, isn't it? A footballer on tens of thousands of pounds a week is looking forward to the day that he was walk away from football because the racism is that bad, and this totally-not-a-racist thinks that the objectionable thing about Danny Rose's experience is that he's not walking away sooner.

These 4 users liked this post: paulus the woodgnome Lord Beamish simonclaret Greenmile

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:He came accross very arrogant to me.

Nobody thinks racism belongs in football or life but saying stuff like he 'Spends more money on a night out in London than countries get fined'.

Keep it real with the fans Danny.

And here he's being criticised for spending money because he used that as a comparison with how much FA's get fined. That's the objectionable part. Not that FA's are weakly punished.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 am

It's almost as if some people want to talk about anything but the racism.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:50 am

I've just liked a turtle post. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:54 am

I truely believe when England play Czech Republic in November our players will be subjected to racial abuse. I also think we will walk off the pitch. The group of players we have I think are willing to stand up to these vile neanderthals and the weak governing bodies. We may get knocked around Europe and be hated by most countries but we lead the way in my opinion in our disgust for this small minded behaviour.

Skysports interviewed some managers yesterday and today about walking off the pitch. Wolves manager, Pellegrini, Sarri all said they dont think it should happen, footballs football, Howe and Hodgson were both interviewed and both said straight away yes we would support the players. Different mindset