If Cardiff stay up

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

If Cardiff stay up

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm

At least it's pretty much the bottom place for next season sorted.

It was clearly obvious that against us they had little quality and looked every much a Championship side with players performing above their normal level.

They look very similar to Huddersfield quality wise, who stopped up with 37 points last season.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: If Cardiff stay up

Post by tim_noone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Spijed wrote:At least it's pretty much the bottom place for next season sorted.

It was clearly obvious that against us they had little quality and looked every much a Championship side with players performing above their normal level.

They look very similar to Huddersfield quality wise, who stopped up with 37 points last season.
A bit like us then at times.... Are we safe? :lol:

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Cardiff outplayed us at their place and created a few decent opportunity's against us at the weekend.

They were poor at the back to be honest but we have shipped goals for fun this season.

Remember Cardiff finished above all the teams that will come up and have improved. Let's just wait and see eh.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Spijed wrote:At least it's pretty much the bottom place for next season sorted.

There's still a lot of fall-out and financial uncertainty to come from the Sala tragedy yet, and based on that, I think that Cardiff will find it very hard to improve the squad much - if at all during the summer.
I'd therefore like them to stay up rather than Brighton, but after tonight's result I'll remain a bit "twitchy" until we're mathematically safe. (Crazier things have happened than Cardiff winning at Old Trafford, whilst we lose to a 99th minute penalty to Arsenal!!!).
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Cardiff outplayed us at their place and created a few decent opportunity's against us at the weekend.
They had one decent chance.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:01 pm

Burnley are 325/1 with the bookies.
For those still with any lingering doubts a £30 bet would get you just shy of ten grand.
That should make you sleep a little easier tonight

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1852 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm hoping that Cardiff stay up and that Bristol City sneak into the Champ play offs and into the PL.

That'd be two places on the trapdoor filled next term.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5643 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:22 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:I'm hoping that Cardiff stay up and that Bristol City sneak into the Champ play offs and into the PL.

That'd be two places on the trapdoor filled next term.
Norwich have already conceded over 50 goals this season (we only conceded 35 when we won the league) and wont have massive funds, I don't see them doing anything other than Huddersfield, ti will be tough for them

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Norwich are punching above.
Cardiff are not wanted by the prem.
Brighton have lost their way, totally.
Bristol City would drop down again.

Burnley are a very good team.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:32 pm

[quote="IanMcL
Burnley are a very good team.[/quote]

I think this is the main thing. There are good players in sides but we have a good team. We’ve picked up a knack of just getting on with it when the chips are down.

After the first relegation it seems like Dyche has learnt how to get to a certain target and mould and motivate the team to get there. It might not have worked for Europe etc this season but it’s a team that fights til the end which was still visible against Olympiakos at home when we went at them.
These 2 users liked this post: Dazzler simonclaret

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:34 pm

IanMcL wrote:Norwich are punching above.
Bristol City would drop down again.

Burnley are a very good team.
Also, Norwich May be punching but they remind me of us a few years ago the way they keep picking up the important results, that doesn’t mean they’ll fly in the Prem but they seem to have the nack we had/have of just getting on with the task at hand.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:44 pm

Bristol City may not be ready just yet, but appear to be a club building themselves up. They’ve also probably got a bit of brass behind them, with their billionaire owner.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1039 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 am

IanMcL wrote:Norwich are punching above.
Bristol City would drop down again. Burnley are a very good team.
The Premier League would probably want Leeds, Norwich and Villa to go up ....

The Premier League would probably want Bournemouth, Huddersfield, and Burnley to be relegated ...

Bigger viewing figures for the promoted Clubs, Bournemouth have a small fan-base, and Burnley/Huddersfield are low wage relatively poor towns, of little interest to Advertisers. It's why Sky pay relative fortunes for the Rugby Union Autumn Internationals ....

Regettable, but a commercial ( sic ) reality ... Let's hope we continue to p**s them off for many years to come !!!

NL Claret
Been Liked: 520 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:44 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Cardiff outplayed us at their place and created a few decent opportunity's against us at the weekend.

They were poor at the back to be honest but we have shipped goals for fun this season.

Remember Cardiff finished above all the teams that will come up and have improved. Let's just wait and see eh.
From memory, wasn't Joe Hart outstanding in that game? Kept us in it if I remember rightly.