RATE THE REF - Kevin Friend v Chelsea

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

RATE THE REF - Kevin Friend v Chelsea

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Please only RTR if you were at the game tonight. Thanks.

Kevin Friend (Leicestershire) v Chelsea

How to Score
A. Decision Making (including use of advantage) - out of 25
B. Consistency - out of 25
C. Fitness and Positioning - of 25
D. Control and Authority - out of 25

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Re: RATE THE REF - Kevin Friend v Chelsea

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Tosser. Biased.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 pm

The bell end I knew he would be

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Inconsistent as ever, joke yellow for Heaton.
Loved lecturing Mee finishing with "I AM THE REFEREE!".
I've no doubt he was about to give Luiz a FK after his embarrassing dive but played an advantage.
Gave a goal kick when Luiz played it out for a corner - Barnes at his back, fine, either FK or corner but GK?

One of the poorest refs of the season.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:59 pm

I can’t point to any single decision but he just doesn’t seem to have a good grasp of the game like you see from Atkinson and Oliver etc.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Post by chorleyhere » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 am

Dislikes Barnes, from the start of each game he refs but occasionally he has to give Barnes the benefit of the doubt and we get a free kick, neutrals watching wonder how David Luis gets away with so much - Ashley more sinned against than sinning.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 824 times
Has Liked: 1608 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 am

Watched on TV
Thought he had a good game

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:34 am

Any ratings from those at the game would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 am

I too watched on TV but thought he had a good game.

I think it was for the good of the game that Heaton was booked for time wasting even though it was a bit harsh for that particular incident. He does time waste and we know it. So did the ref.

Missed the foul on Westwood by Loftus-Cheek for the goal; got the free kick on Barnes for our second goal wrong. Probably got some of the other 'Barnes incidents' wrong either way because he is such a difficult player to judge.

On the whole though it was a cracking game with the correct result and he reffed it with a light but sensible hand.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 am

Hipper wrote:I too watched on TV but thought he had a good game.

I think it was for the good of the game that Heaton was booked for time wasting even though it was a bit harsh for that particular incident. He does time waste and we know it. So did the ref.

Missed the foul on Westwood by Loftus-Cheek for the goal; got the free kick on Barnes for our second goal wrong. Probably got some of the other 'Barnes incidents' wrong either way because he is such a difficult player to judge.

On the whole though it was a cracking game with the correct result and he reffed it with a light but sensible hand.

Just about spot on. Didnt get much wrong at all.

Beagleheart
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Beagleheart » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 am

A. 12
B. 12
C. 14
D. 10

I spent quite a bit of time wondering what decision he was going to give so laborious were his hand signals. Heaton didn’t speed up any after being cautioned, Luiz and his dive, the melee at the end, I thought he was pretty poor.

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:35 am

A. 12 - I felt in real-time the challenge by Loftus-Cheek in the build up to their first goal was a foul, but mates watching TV (and me seeing it back from a different angle) have persuaded me otherwise. Aside from that, his ignorance of Luiz’s pathetic dive was just disgraceful. He did have a better second half. His booking of Heaton early on meant he then spent the rest of the game ignoring him because he left himself in a difficult position with the only other option being to send him off for time wasting (I’m guessing he’d have hated to do that!). How Luiz escaped a yellow for grabbing Barnes as well is a mystery. He only got higher than 10 because he did seem to improve in the second half.

B. 12 - all over the show. He was inconsistent with climbing and enforcing that rule, he seemed to allow Sarri to patrol the touchline unchecked until late in the game and he just seemed to make up as he went along whether one challenge was a foul or not.

C. 20 - to be fair, apart from getting in the way once in the first half on the edge of our penalty area, he did seem to keep up with play (though he needs an eye test for missing that Luiz dive!)

D. 15 - I felt he allowed all the players to surround him too much and never felt he had complete control, especially with how he allowed Sarri to wander up and down the touchline consistently and theirnplayers even laid hands on him (Jorginho) which went completely unpunished. Another ref who seems to allow the players to run the match whilst intermittently dishing out school master like, demonstrative tellings off in an attempt to show authority.

Sorry jdrobbo, I never normally contribute to this thread but feel bad that nobody has yet so thought I’d start it off. I’m isually pretty pants at these sort of things so I’m expecting heated debate and disagreement with my views

whiffa
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 2560 times

Post by whiffa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:56 am

Only watched on TV but he deserves a 0 for decision making after playing advantage for that Luiz dive.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:07 am

A. 18
B. 17
C. 19
D. 14

I didn’t think he was as bad as usual and he gets bonus points for the sending off and the lack of added time.