"The bigger test of Burnley away to come..."

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

"The bigger test of Burnley away to come..."

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:36 am

In today's Guardian, they are expecting us to give Joe Guardiola's Man City a tougher game than mighty Man U managed.
Can we think up a song slagging off that horrible, ridiculous hooded cardigan?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Re: "The bigger test of Burnley away to come..."

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 am

What is with that cardigan? It’s getting bobbly too.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:53 am

Rileybobs wrote:What is with that cardigan? It’s getting bobbly too.
So I would put it in the bin and purchase something new.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:56 am

Oh oh Guardiola
Oh oh Guardiola
Oh oh Guardiola
You're gonna finish 2nd and your Cardys crap!

To the tune of okey cokey

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:43 am

Unforunately for Liverpool I think City are going to do it again. I do hope if they don't it's all our fault though. To be honest I don't care who wins it because I don't have anything against either club, but I would like to see Liverpool win it because they have been absent for so long.

Incidentally I've been having a laugh with some Chelsea cry babies on The Shed End forum. The arrogance on there is overwhelming. I hope that club disappears up its own arsehole for years to come. When Hazard goes so do they. :lol:
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

bob-the-scutter
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by bob-the-scutter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:53 am

houseboy wrote:Unforunately for Liverpool I think City are going to do it again. I do hope if they don't it's all our fault though. To be honest I don't care who wins it because I don't have anything against either club, but I would like to see Liverpool win it because they have been absent for so long.

Incidentally I've been having a laugh with some Chelsea cry babies on The Shed End forum. The arrogance on there is overwhelming. I hope that club disappears up its own arsehole for years to come. When Hazard goes so do they. :lol:
Hopefully with a new Russian president in a few years Roman`s ill gotten gains will be taken back into the state where it rightfully belonged and he`ll spend a few decades mining salt.
They`ll go back to the $hitty little London club they always were!

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:55 am

If City score early I don't see the Clarets getting much out of Sunday.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:14 am

Foulthrow wrote:If City score early I don't see the Clarets getting much out of Sunday.
That's pretty much it really.
Liverpool almost certain to beat Hudds on Friday, so it's the crunch game for City.
The longer we frustrate them, the more uptight they're likely to get, and as we saw with Liverpool at Cardiff, the goals suddenly look smaller, and simple chances are spurned. If it's nil / nil at HT then City - and their supporters - will be very nervous.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 am

Rileybobs wrote:What is with that cardigan? It’s getting bobbly too.
He used to dress very smartly in Barcelona and Munich, and at the start of his reign in Manchester.

Now he wears stone island jumpers and tattered knitwear. Scruffy get. Decent manager though

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:42 pm

bob-the-scutter wrote:Hopefully with a new Russian president in a few years Roman`s ill gotten gains will be taken back into the state where it rightfully belonged and he`ll spend a few decades mining salt.
They`ll go back to the $hitty little London club they always were!
I have tried to go back on and it seems like I might have been 'expelled'. I didn't do anything wrong and wasn't abusive (I did post the 'defence of Chelsea fans I posted on here for a laugh), which went down very well ( :lol: ). I went to check other responses and was re-directed to a site called 'how to behave in a chat room'. Considering I didn't use any swear words or be in any way abusive (other than banter) I think that shows them up for what they are. As you rightly say when Abramovic is hauled off to the salt mines they will be left with all those players on gazillions a year wanting their contracts honoured. It will be bye bye Chelsea. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:50 pm

2-0 or 3-0 for City for me...they know they have to win and are playing brilliantly. I think they will win their remaining games which would make it 14 wins in a row which is pretty incredible.
Have noticed recently that when City have gone 2-0 up they have played keep ball...which won't be nice for our players or fans to watch but might be worth a bet on the correct score !!

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by moaninclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

They are the team under pressure come Sunday, we will be more relaxed than we have been all season now that we are virtually safe, that doesn't mean we will switch off, we will give it a proper go, as in previous seasons we had some decent results against City, they are awesome no doubt about that but i think we will give them a tougher game than UTD, I think SD may give our fringe players a run out during this game, Vydra might get a chance to prove himself against top opposition, but whatever happens im really looking forward to the game, being in the company of some of the worlds best players, I am of course talking about Ash Barnes, Charlie, Ben and the lads. Come on you Clarets.