Stockbrokerbelt wrote:Cloud cuckoo land, I think making big companies & rich individuals pay their fair share of tax etc is pretty straight forward not to mention raising corporation tax slightly to fund the NHS a sensible idea. Where as we could all vote blue again just to see the NHS collapse, homeless & food-banks grow etc.
Raising Corplration Tax to fund tge NHS. Surely your not serious. Lowering it will attract more industry and lead to better pay.
Maybe a better idea to raise funds is scrapping payment to the big business protection racket that is the EU and being more judicious with foreign aid.
But of course the best way to help the NHS is for it to charge for treatment. They do this in France and other European countries . The patient pays to see a doctor, dentist or have hospitsl treatment and IF he or she is in the ststem receives @70% back from the government. The remaining 30% can be covered by a low cost insurance if necessary. Such a system would solve many NHS problems. But who would dare bring that in here?