Choose your goal of the 2022/23 season
Josh Cullen has been named as the Up the Clarets Player of the Year and now, for the next three days, we turn our attention to selecting the goal of the season.
It’s not been the easiest of tasks selecting the goals for the vote given the number we’ve scored and the number of quality goals too, but a decision was made to keep it down to twenty goals so we apologise if your choice hasn’t made our cut.
We’ve selected ten goals scored at Turf Moor and ten on our travels and the goals have been scored by eleven of our goalscorers.
The first two are both home goals with Josh Brownhill’s against Blackpool and Jay Rodriguez’ second goal in the 4-0 win against Swansea. That’s followed by two in a matter of days away from home, scored by Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson and Anass Zaroury at Birmingham and Sunderland respectively.
Then it’s back home for the next three from Manuel Benson in that dramatic 3-2 win against Rotherham and the two Ashley Barnes goals against Blackburn. They are followed by Guðmundsson’s free kick at QPR and two Ian Maatsen goals, the first in that same QPR game and then his second at Swansea.
The two goals in the home win against West Brom are there, firstly the equaliser scored by Nathan Tella and then the sublime Scott Twine free kick that won the game. The next two are also on the Turf; Tella is there again with his second against Preston and Lyle Foster’s first Burnley goal against Wigan.
Tella’s second hat trick is featured with his second goal at Hull with the Connor Roberts goal to follow, the goal that clinched promotion. Then it’s over to Benson for all of his four goals in four games, at Rotherham, at home against QPR, the title winner at Blackburn and finally his goal at Bristol City.
Voting is now underway. The poll can be found below and, if viewing the desktop version of the site on every page below the London Clarets ad and above the search bar and monthly archive links.
The vote will close at the end of Thursday.
Which was our best goal of the 2022/23 season?
- Manuel Benson v Blackburn (a) (50%, 365 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes 1st v Blackburn (h) (15%, 111 Votes)
- Manuel Benson v Bristol City (a) (15%, 108 Votes)
- Anass Zaroury v Sunderland (a) (11%, 82 Votes)
- Scott Twine v West Brom (h) (3%, 24 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes 2nd v Blackburn (h) (1%, 10 Votes)
- Manuel Benson v Rotherham (h) (1%, 6 Votes)
- Manuel Benson v Rotherham (a) (1%, 5 Votes)
- Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson v QPR (a) (1%, 4 Votes)
- Josh Brownhill v Blackpool (h) (0%, 3 Votes)
- Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson v Birmingham (a) (0%, 3 Votes)
- Nathan Tella v West Brom (h) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Manuel Benson v QPR (h) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Lyle Foster v Wigan (h) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Connor Roberts v Middlesbrough (a) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Nathan Tella 2nd v Hull (a) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Nathan Tella 2nd v Preston (h) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Ian Maatsen v QPR (a) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Jay Rodriguez 2nd v Swansea (h) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Ian Maatsen 2nd v Swansea (a) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 731
Share this page :