Clarets clinch Zaroury deal
Burnley have confirmed the signing of Anass Zaroury from Charleroi on a four-year deal, bringing the number of players signed from Belgian clubs this summer to five.
Charleroi managing director Mehdi Bayat said last Thursday: “There is real interest and discussions are ongoing. There is also a willingness from the player to leave. Within 24, 48 hours at the most, I hope the situation will settle down for everyone.” That was followed with information from Belgian journalist Sacha Tavolieri, a reliable source of information regarding our signings from Belgium this summer. He’d reported earlier that it was close and said on Friday that agreement had been reached on a deal he confirmed was close to €4m with a 20% sell non clause. He added that Zaroury would be flying to Manchester over the weekend for his medical.
Zaroury is a 20-year-old forward player with reports that he’s a number ten who can also play wide. He’s a Belgian of Moroccan descent who has played for Belgian at under-17, under-18 and under-21 levels.
He started his career with Lommel and signed for Charleroi on 1st February last year although he returned to Lommel on loan where he completed the 2020/21 season.
The new signing said: “I’m very happy, very excited. It’s the first time I have moved to another country to play football. The project here is clear and I can’t wait to get started here now.”
Vincent Kompany said: “Anass is an exciting young talent. He’s a player that can run and work hard for the team, whilst carrying great skill and goal threat. We’re all delighted to welcome here at Burnley Football Club.”Follow UpTheClarets:
Share this page :