Aaron Lennon

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Re: Aaron Lennon

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Matter of opinion.
In 8th position we have the chance to bring in some fresh young players.
We weren't put in 4th position by playing Walters, Bardsley or Wells.
What or whom do you mean by "fresh young players"?

Who are these players that would get us in the top four?

You do realise that Aaron Lennon is 30?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6777 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:15 pm

fidelcastro wrote:What or whom do you mean by "fresh young players"?

Who are these players that would get us in the top four?

You do realise that Aaron Lennon is 30?
What i mean is young players of whom I'm sure our scouts are aware. Apparently we enquired about Worrall recently.
Short-term fixes are expensive and have no sell on value.
Our best first eleven got us up to 4th for a week. Our current team keep failing, through no fault of their own I have to say, too many injuries.

I can see little point in paying money for Lennon now we have Nkoudou

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:19 pm

boatshed bill wrote:What i mean is young players of whom I'm sure our scouts are aware. Apparently we enquired about Worrall recently.
Short-term fixes are expensive and have no sell on value.
Our best first eleven got us up to 4th for a week. Our current team keep failing, through no fault of their own I have to say, too many injuries.

I can see little point in paying money for Lennon now we have Nkoudou
Nkoudou is only on loan though. As for Worrall, I don't think anyone would be expecting him to tear up the Premier League.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Nkoudou is only on loan though. As for Worrall, I don't think anyone would be expecting him to tear up the Premier League.
But Nkoudou is the sort of player we should be trying to sign.
Worrall would start as back-up, just like Tarks was. Apparently, though, we are not prepared to meet Forest's valuation.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 pm

boatshed bill wrote:But Nkoudou is the sort of player we should be trying to sign.
Worrall would start as back-up, just like Tarks was. Apparently, though, we are not prepared to meet Forest's valuation.
Who knows? Maybe we will try and sign Nkoudou, if his loan is successful. It makes sense to get him on loan, given he hasn't played much football in the last 18 months.

I don't know much about Worrall, but if you're expecting us to challenge for the top four again, then I don't understand the point you're making by suggesting a player with no PL experience. :?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Who knows? Maybe we will try and sign Nkoudou, if his loan is successful. It makes sense to get him on loan, given he hasn't played much football in the last 18 months.

I don't know much about Worrall, but if you're expecting us to challenge for the top four again, then I don't understand the point you're making by suggesting a player with no PL experience. :?
it would make sense to bring in a young centre-back before we actually need him.
Tarks and Ben Mee are nailed on first choices so any new defender would be back-up, with time to learn what SD expects.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:32 pm

We could definitely do with bringing in another wide man and the links with Lennon would seem to support the view that the club agrees. After temporarily loosing Brady and Walters our options for refreshing and rotating our wide players have decreased. The recent addition of N'Koudou on loan was a good piece of business, but I still think we need one more. At the very least an extra body in the mix would allow us to field Arfield as another option to Hendrick as a CAM. Granted, we can do that at the moment, but with the injury niggles we are picking up we don't have a lot of depth left.

If we are interested in Lennon I suspect any delay is down to ongoing contract negotiations relating to salary and length of contract. Other teams could have put in offers, but given his circumstances we represent the best option for him by a wide margin. A positive environment that is overflowing with good characters vs the toxic cloud hovering around a club like Newcastle and it really should be a no brainer. And that doesn't take into account the pronounced possibility of a relegation battle at some of the other clubs who might be interested in securing his services.

All told, when it comes to peace of mind and the right environment to enjoy his football in a supportive atmosphere we shouldn't really have any competition for his signature. Which makes any delay in putting pen to paper a little worrying. We seemed to put quite a lot of our eggs in a Lennon shaped basket during the last window and that came to naught. It would be a shame to see the same thing happen again.

I would be very happy to see Aaron sign for us on a 2 yr contract. I really think it would be the best option for everybody concerned, him and us. However, when we take into account the fickle nature of transfer dealings it would be risky if he is our only iron in the fire.

Stoke are rumoured to be expressing an interest in Jack Harrison according to the Stoke Sentinel and he could be a player we might consider as Plan B, although it is a little late in the day to consider him if we haven't been looking at him already.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/fo ... on-1097256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/09/28/ ... -harrison/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ideally, I would have liked to see us go for Steven Zuber in this window. West Ham where rumoured to be sniffing around him in the last window with an offer of around 10mil being mentioned. Fairly quick, decent shot, good defensively and he looks like a man of good character. I could only find very positive things being said about him on the interweb. He is very much in the LW/LB mould of Brady, but right footed, which would allow us to play Brady out on the right when he comes back.

Unfortunately he is having an excellent season at Hoffenheim and judging by the press releases from him and the club everyone is happy, making the possibility of him moving anywhere in this window a very low one. Still, he could one for the next window along with Jens Toornstra from Feyenoord who would make for a quality AM option that probably wouldn't break the bank.

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Hendrickxz wrote:Get a sneaky feeling this one isn't going to happen.
Fingers crossed (not six by the way).

jlup1980
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 532 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 am

I still can't believe people don't want Aaron Lennon. It's just mind boggling. We all want us to unearth the next Keane or Tarky but you also need to consider the here and now. There were some who complained when we signed Jack Cork because he wasn't one for the future and we were unlikely to get our money back - how has that worked out!? We need a mix of players including experienced PL players ready to go immediately. He'd be a brilliant signing for us and would send a message to others about how far we've come.
These 6 users liked this post: ClaretTony 1968claret billyhamilton82 Stalbansclaret mybloodisclaret clive40golf

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am

Medical today

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:30 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:We could definitely do with bringing in another wide man and the links with Lennon would seem to support the view that the club agrees. After temporarily loosing Brady and Walters our options for refreshing and rotating our wide players have decreased. The recent addition of N'Koudou on loan was a good piece of business, but I still think we need one more. At the very least an extra body in the mix would allow us to field Arfield as another option to Hendrick as a CAM. Granted, we can do that at the moment, but with the injury niggles we are picking up we don't have a lot of depth left.

If we are interested in Lennon I suspect any delay is down to ongoing contract negotiations relating to salary and length of contract. Other teams could have put in offers, but given his circumstances we represent the best option for him by a wide margin. A positive environment that is overflowing with good characters vs the toxic cloud hovering around a club like Newcastle and it really should be a no brainer. And that doesn't take into account the pronounced possibility of a relegation battle at some of the other clubs who might be interested in securing his services.

All told, when it comes to peace of mind and the right environment to enjoy his football in a supportive atmosphere we shouldn't really have any competition for his signature. Which makes any delay in putting pen to paper a little worrying. We seemed to put quite a lot of our eggs in a Lennon shaped basket during the last window and that came to naught. It would be a shame to see the same thing happen again.

I would be very happy to see Aaron sign for us on a 2 yr contract. I really think it would be the best option for everybody concerned, him and us. However, when we take into account the fickle nature of transfer dealings it would be risky if he is our only iron in the fire.

Stoke are rumoured to be expressing an interest in Jack Harrison according to the Stoke Sentinel and he could be a player we might consider as Plan B, although it is a little late in the day to consider him if we haven't been looking at him already.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/fo ... on-1097256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/09/28/ ... -harrison/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ideally, I would have liked to see us go for Steven Zuber in this window. West Ham where rumoured to be sniffing around him in the last window with an offer of around 10mil being mentioned. Fairly quick, decent shot, good defensively and he looks like a man of good character. I could only find very positive things being said about him on the interweb. He is very much in the LW/LB mould of Brady, but right footed, which would allow us to play Brady out on the right when he comes back.

Unfortunately he is having an excellent season at Hoffenheim and judging by the press releases from him and the club everyone is happy, making the possibility of him moving anywhere in this window a very low one. Still, he could one for the next window along with Jens Toornstra from Feyenoord who would make for a quality AM option that probably wouldn't break the bank.
I have a few mates who are season ticket holders at Hoffenheim they reckon Zubes isn’t ready for the Premier League.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:55 am

Anybody know whats happening with lennon ?

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 am

Reecey1987 wrote:Anybody know whats happening with lennon ?
As stated earlier, medical today

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am

Grumps wrote:As stated earlier, medical today
Sorry never seen it . Thanks for the reply

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1699 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 am

'Jens Toornstra from Feyernoord'

My friend,a massive Feyernoord' fan for the last few years, doesn't see 'Jensy' as a Dyche-type player. Sees him more of a CHM who tends to go 'missing' at times but certainly one to keep an eye on. Newcastle supposedly showing interest.

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:I have a few mates who are season ticket holders at Hoffenheim they reckon Zubes isn’t ready for the Premier League.
Who did they support before Hoffenheim?

They've only been playing professional football for a decade.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1699 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:Who did they support before Hoffenheim?

I was thinking that too :shock:

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32577 times
Has Liked: 5288 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 am

On the subject of Lennon’s medical - seen arriving for it on SSN.
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 FactualFrank mybloodisclaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:15 am

ClaretTony wrote:On the subject of Lennon’s medical - seen arriving for it on SSN.
Is that in Manchester?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

They’d watch anyone pre Hoff they just ruddy love their football. Anyway be interesting to see where Zubes ends up.
This user liked this post: Jakubs Tash

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2254 times

Post by mkmel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 am

Spijed wrote:Is that in Manchester?

Aren't all of our medicals done in Manchester?

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 am

Medicals take place here:

http://www.mihp.co.uk/

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am

Not sure on the relevance of your post.... Unless you're just genuinely interested in who they used to support?

Commy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 am

It's near Man City's ground. I think they financed it along with Manchester Council.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:Not sure on the relevance of your post.... Unless you're just genuinely interested in who they used to support?
It's like suddenly supporting Padiham if a multi millionaire ploughed his money into them and they got to the PL in successive promotions.
Last edited by UpTheBeehole on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2254 times

Post by mkmel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:Medicals take place here:

http://www.mihp.co.uk/

After Aaron Lennon I hope we get another couple of players visiting there for medicals before the window shuts

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:It's like suddenly supporting Padiham if a multi millionaire plowed his money into them and they got to the PL in successive promotions.
Aye, that's what tends to happen with newly formed clubs. They average over 28k so quite a few of them....

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:14 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:Aye, that's what tends to happen with newly formed clubs. They average over 28k so quite a few of them....
Glory supporters, the lot of them.

TomtheClaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 153 times

Post by TomtheClaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:29 am

My brother was In Newcastle for a stag doo this past weekend. A lot of Newcastle fans "In the know after 10 pints of ale" saying Lennon had asked for weekend to think about it. But was waiting for Newcastle to make a offer.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2639 times
Has Liked: 6474 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:44 am

TomtheClaret wrote:My brother was In Newcastle for a stag doo this past weekend. A lot of Newcastle fans "In the know after 10 pints of ale" saying Lennon had asked for weekend to think about it. But was waiting for Newcastle to make a offer.
that'll be the brown ale disbelief that lil ol' Burnley can attract players of his calibre over the Mighty Toon Army...
This user liked this post: TomtheClaret

TomtheClaret

Post by TomtheClaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 am

Rick_Muller wrote:that'll be the brown ale disbelief that lil ol' Burnley can attract players of his calibre over the Mighty Toon Army...
:D
Remind me of Leeds. I was there in December kept telling me we always take on there shite players. :lol:
I just said Ian Moore and walked off ;)
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32577 times
Has Liked: 5288 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Spijed wrote:Is that in Manchester?
Was just rushing out but we do our medicals at the place at Man City now. Not sure how long we’ve used it but the Hendrick medical was definitely done there.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Better than the Bob Lord steps

TomtheClaret

Post by TomtheClaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Not being funny. But do medicals include mental health assessments? Regardless of past issues?

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Is he definitely having his medical then?

Press don’t seem to know what’s going on.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-8972358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stickers
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Stickers » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

TomtheClaret wrote:Not being funny. But do medicals include mental health assessments? Regardless of past issues?
And a social media assessment :shock:

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:37 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Is he definitely having his medical then?

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-8972358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Somebody further up said it showed him on SSN having a medical - but not sure if that meant SSN actually showed him walking into the building, or it was just an 'understands' bit of fluff.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

TomtheClaret wrote:Not being funny. But do medicals include mental health assessments? Regardless of past issues?
What I imagine will be a problem for Burnley will be insurance. Ask anyone with a history of depression what it is like trying to get even holiday insurance. we had a hell of a job a few years ago and it cost about 500% more than the basic one for someone with no issues.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:39 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Somebody further up said it showed him on SSN having a medical - but not sure if that meant SSN actually showed him walking into the building, or it was just an 'understands' bit of fluff.
Things don’t normally take this long.

Feels abit like the Grosiki deal, I’ve got a bad feeling it’s not going to come off.

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:52 pm

mkmel wrote:After Aaron Lennon I hope we get another couple of players visiting there for medicals before the window shuts
Couldn`t they just ring the bell and walk in through the front door?
These 4 users liked this post: TomtheClaret Tall Paul Jellybean Silkyskills1

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm

It showed him getting out of the car on SSN and walking into the centre for his medical. Also, there was a video showing the medical for the Walters transfer and this shows how thorough medicals are these days - they don't just get on a treadmill for 10 minutes!

I expect he will officially be announced sometime this afternoon.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2605 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Things don’t normally take this long.
they can and often do. nothing to worry about.
pretty sure it will all be sorted soon.

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by MarkGreen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Things don’t normally take this long.

Feels abit like the Grosiki deal, I’ve got a bad feeling it’s not going to come off.
Why dont they take this long? Medicals are a full day jobby!

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Couldn`t they just ring the bell and walk in through the front door?
:lol:

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Is he definitely having his medical then?

Do the burnley express ever know what's going on? Only ever know what the club want them to know and will only report what Bentley tells them they can, Boden doesn't want to spoil his relationship with the club, just to bring fans some news.

TomtheClaret

Post by TomtheClaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Suggestion on Everton site, that he didn't have medical Friday or over weekend, as he had been suffering heavy cold or flu.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1163 times
Has Liked: 1083 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 pm

He's just left the medical center in Manchester

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 pm

...on crutches
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank TomtheClaret

ClaretFelix
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by ClaretFelix » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm

He's been in costa at Tesco. Says they deal hasn't been finalised yet but isn't far off

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 pm

ClaretFelix wrote:He's been seen with costa at Tesco. Says they deal hasn't been finalised yet but isn't far off
That'll explain the potential exits of Vokes and Barnes
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret