Olympiacos v Burnley

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mrgomez
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Olympiacos v Burnley

Post by mrgomez » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:55 pm

my comment before last game
mrgomez wrote:
it is still a big team in his own league. and always playing against weaker teams defending against them.

this means, even burnley again does his great defence, olympiakos know ways to unlock it. and if somehow they get an early score, and a "burnley must score" situation begins, then the nightmare begins. they will easily beat burnley at open football, which they do very well...

and olympiacos could unlock burnley defence. now what? no need to be pessimistic !!! 1 away goal is a treasure.

i see a decent chance for burnley beating olympiacos at turf.

the key is first 20 minutes. burnley has close down opponent at turf. give them a shock start. burnley players have to play with 2xpower first minutes. they should not let olympiacos players make ball. every greek player should see a burnley player running fastly towars him, when he has the ball. and he should see all possible teammates marked. greek players will say "what kindda hell is here?" then 1 bad pass...and bingo

after burnley gets 1-0 in first 20 minutes, then they need to turn back to their original style. olympiakos will attack. because this is their nature. and ball earned by burnley, while olympiakos is attacking is really valuable. scoring a second goal this way is not a fantasy. if somehow cant score the second goal, last 15 minutes should again be a boost time. burnley players should again repeat what they did in first 20 minutes. as burnley players are physically better than olympiacos, more chance here. because greek team will be prone to mistakes.

i really beleive that claret will get a 2-0 or an extra time victory followed by an 3-1.

beleive in your team, support your team
These 3 users liked this post: Spijed beeholeclaret dpinsussex

beeholeclaret
Been Liked: 306 times
Has Liked: 451 times

Re: Olympiacos v Burnley

Post by beeholeclaret » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Sean. Is that you?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8756 times

Re: Olympiacos v Burnley

Post by IanMcL » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:20 pm

On Olympiacos.org

With a very beautiful exhibition for a long period in the match, the Legend won 3-1 against Burnley and made a big leap towards the qualification to the UEFA Europa League’s group stage. Our team wasn’t in any instance taken aback by the rough play of its English opponent nor by the referee’s decisions on the first half and managed to get the victory with the goals from Fortounis (19’, 60’) and Bouchalakis (49’).

All Greek to me!