Problems for the SNP ...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Re: Problems for the SNP ...

Post by Bertiebeehead » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:48 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 am
Are these people arrogant or just stupid?
A rather large sprinkling of both I think.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10248 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:08 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:03 pm
Not sure why I got banned tbh.

Don't be so coy.

Take a wild guess ! :lol:

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8517 times
Has Liked: 18258 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:10 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:03 pm
Not sure why I got banned tbh.
😂😂😂 erm I can think of a few reasons 😁

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:27 am

I think by her own actions she has put people's lives at risk by travelling on public transport with 1) symptoms of covid having taken a test 2) then travelled on the same transport system knowing she was positive. DC at least went by private car with family and remained isolated at journey's end.
On the basis of how many potential people they both could have infected and how many fatalities there may be DC was less of an idiot. it is now down to her electorate to decide if they want to force a by-election and elect, as they are likely to do, another SNP member. In fact I bet the party are keen for this to occur, as Nicola will have become even more popular over the way she speaks about Covid.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Cummings went back in to work after being with his wife suffering from Covid symptoms. He then drove the length of the country with an infected family. You can defend all the crappy excuses all you want but you are just proving my point how people will treat the two differently.

Both put MPs at risk, both travelled when they should have stayed put and both shouldnt have kept their job. Its pretty simple if you dont let your political bias cloud your judgement
Beyond debate really....but then the people who will disagree with your post are unable to distinguish their own blind prejudice from reality.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am

Can this really be compared to Cummings ? Who should have been sacked without a doubt .However we’re talking travelling on public transport knowingly with Covid which is reckless and dangerous . Cummings was being a selfish idiotic bellend but hardly ( theoretically ) endangering life ,even with his erm “ dodgy eyes “
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:43 am

Cummings at least had the excuse of a 4 year old child to consider. Which I know some people consider to be no excuse at all, but still.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Whether it was Cummings, Alan Johnson, Steven Kinnock or Corbyn. None of them knew they had Covid 19.

This SNP woman had tested positive yet chose to travel and knew she would be potentially exposing members of the public to the virus.

None of the aforementioned called for others to be sacked.

She called for Cummings to be sacked.

If she chooses to live by the sword, she should do the honourable thing , and die by the sword

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Glasgow is a UNESCO city of music.

The SNP have banned music in Scottish bars and pubs in Scotland.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Any hisses of apology for the disgraceful comments you repeatedly made about Naz Shah? 🐍🐍🐍

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Why, has he suggested she lives in a leafy village somewhere?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Something along those lines but just standard stuff from our resident snake

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:17 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 am
Can this really be compared to Cummings ? Who should have been sacked without a doubt .However we’re talking travelling on public transport knowingly with Covid which is reckless and dangerous . Cummings was being a selfish idiotic bellend but hardly ( theoretically ) endangering life ,even with his erm “ dodgy eyes “
I would say that she has acted worse than Cummings did......but she has been firmly slapped down for it whereas he was actually praised to the point where those of us who had made sacrifices for 9 weeks were told that we were stupid for doing so by at least one poster on this board. In any case....this is just a variant of "It would have been worse under Corbyn"....deflection from the actual fact.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm
Why, has he suggested she lives in a leafy village somewhere?

Have a great weekend obsessing about what the Proud boys may or may not do in the future. While choosing to wilfully turn a blind, see no evil, eye, to far left Marxists and anarchists violence,, intimidation, looting, rioting , murderous bloodshed. Which thankfully for you, are 1000s of miles away from your monocultural,
"privileged" and "supremacist" village in the north of the county.

Enjoy the game. Come on you Clarets!

🤗👍

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Ferrier's actions were 'reckless, dangerous and completely indefensible'.

Nicola Sturgeon.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:25 pm

It was a stupid thing to do, and obviously she set herself up for it by travelling to London, but I'm wondering what the correct course is to take if you're away somewhere, get a positive test and you can't get home without using public transport.

Would you be expected to book yourself into a hotel for two weeks (and would a hotel want a covid positive guest) or what? Has this been addressed anywhere?

Personally I think she should be punished for it but without losing her job, although I suspect I'm in the minority there.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:33 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:25 pm
It was a stupid thing to do, and obviously she set herself up for it by travelling to London, but I'm wondering what the correct course is to take if you're away somewhere, get a positive test and you can't get home without using public transport.

Would you be expected to book yourself into a hotel for two weeks (and would a hotel want a covid positive guest) or what? Has this been addressed anywhere?

Personally I think she should be punished for it but without losing her job, although I suspect I'm in the minority there.
Does she not have a flat or similar in London?

I thought most of them did.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:45 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Well the problem of returning home wouldn't have arisen if she hadn't travelled to London in the first place, this is why if you are experiencing symptoms, you're supposed to self-isolate and book a test, if you do that you won't find yourself having to potentially endanger other people by having to utilise public transport.

I must confess I don't know what an individual is meant to do if they're already away from home and they test positive, but an MP would surely have accommodation available in London, which most ordinary folks don't have the luxury of.

I assume such a scenario is covered in the existing regulations, but it doesn't help that different restrictions apply to so many different areas now.

The speaker isn't impressed by her actions, and neither is Nicola Sturgeon, who's added to the calls for her to quit, I suspect she won't and she'll hope to ride out the storm until another news story emerges, and the heat cools on her.

You do have to wonder how brainless an MP can be to blatantly ignore the one piece of advice which has been made crystal clear since March, but sadly there's many of all shades in the HOC who lack grey cells.

It doesn't help her cause that she was one of the most outspoken about Dominic Cummings back in April, and although he was daft in his travel, he hadn't actually recorded a positive covid result, for what it's worth in my view anybody in the political sphere that breaches the guidelines/regulations should face the ultimate punishment I'm afraid, how can we expect the general public to adhere to the rules, and make great sacrifices, when it appears that many in positions of authority are not adhering to the same rules.

The phrase we're all in this together was banded about during the initial lockdown, well it doesn't feel like it I'm afraid.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm
By the way, give yourself a Paul Daniels picture for getting , yet another, thread locked the other day. Hypocritic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HnNBxNnV7o

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:11 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:33 pm
Does she not have a flat or similar in London?

I thought most of them did.
I wasn't really thinking of her in particular, just people in general and how it works.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:16 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:11 pm
I wasn't really thinking of her in particular, just people in general and how it works.
This link should hopefully provide the info you require aggi. :) https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... at-to-do/

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Just about everything the SNP touch they mess up.

More pressure heaped on Nicoliar in the coming weeks aswell with her obstruction in the Salmond enquiry.

For those who don’t reside in Scotland the ex finance minister who was texting we school boys and hasn’t been in holyrood since February is also cheekily claiming hotel expenses in Edinburgh despite remaining at home.

Until the press up here actually grow a set and actually scrutinise them they will continue to hoodwink enough people.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 pm
Just about everything the SNP touch they mess up.

More pressure heaped on Nicoliar in the coming weeks aswell with her obstruction in the Salmond enquiry.

For those who don’t reside in Scotland the ex finance minister who was texting we school boys and hasn’t been in holyrood since February is also cheekily claiming hotel expenses in Edinburgh despite remaining at home.

Until the press up here actually grow a set and actually scrutinise them they will continue to hoodwink enough people.
Could you imagine Boris saying that a Conservative MP should resign immediately though if the same thing happened in the Tory party, like she has done?

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Spijed wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:23 pm
Could you imagine Boris saying that a Conservative MP should resign immediately though if the same thing happened in the Tory party, like she has done?
Exactly this. The fall-out and continued disgruntlement stemming from the whole Cummings escapade wasn't really what he did or didn't do, or whether you agreed with him. It was the attempted cover-up, the way it was handled once exposed, and the way in which Johnson and all those associated took us all for gullible fools.